As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

(¯`º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º SPARKLE MOTION [CHAT]!!!! º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º´¯)

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I have enough positive thinking for six people.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Yup, in the don't caring camp as well.

I feel kinda bad for not caring because Sarks is so excited for it

I mean, I am interested in GW2, I just don't care about what the press has to say about it at all.

oh

okay

ftOqU21.png
  • Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

I'm gonna cry

What happened?

I'm gonna start college again in like two weeks. I've been out of the system for a few years now, because I couldn't take the emotional stress I got there. It's starting to get to me that I don't feel I've made any progress in dealing with that situation, even though it's just normal by most people's standards.

Well, really, that's a woe for another day - you'll find out in two weeks or so, won't you? So just relax. Go for a walk somewhere pretty, and just let your shoulders down.

And a few years now? I would be willing to put money on you having grown up more than you really realize.

Thanks for that - I don't know, emotions are hard for me to deal with, so it's hard for me to put it in perspective.

Well you're options are give it a shot or run for the hills by this point, so

(so I'm hoping you do the comparatively more sane thing and give it a shot)

I need to try really. I need to try and succeed because I can't keep on wasting my life.

yGxvf.png
    then I don't feel as bad

ftOqU21.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    night nerds

obF2Wuw.png
    I want that artbook, though, if they're making one.

ftOqU21.png
    Inquisitor wrote:

So every time you have displayed some interest in what I had to say was just filthy lies, you conning liar?

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    I'm always really confused when I hear cops because I live in white bread suburbia where there is no crime except heiney slashers.

before clicking the link i considered all possible values of 'heiney'

still guessed wrong

I guessed correctly but feel ashamed for doing so.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Man, I am loving being back on holiday in NZ. I just visited the Supreme Court and got s personal tour, as the tour person clearly was slightly bored and wanted company

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    You should feel bad for Sarks though because it is an MMO and will not remotely live up to the hype that exists in Sarksus's head.

Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

I'm gonna cry

What happened?

I'm gonna start college again in like two weeks. I've been out of the system for a few years now, because I couldn't take the emotional stress I got there. It's starting to get to me that I don't feel I've made any progress in dealing with that situation, even though it's just normal by most people's standards.

Well, really, that's a woe for another day - you'll find out in two weeks or so, won't you? So just relax. Go for a walk somewhere pretty, and just let your shoulders down.

And a few years now? I would be willing to put money on you having grown up more than you really realize.

Thanks for that - I don't know, emotions are hard for me to deal with, so it's hard for me to put it in perspective.

I need to try really. I need to try and succeed because I can't keep on wasting my life.

what specifically are you gonna study?

I've heard you talk of children's illustration or something like that before

ftOqU21.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    At least I am consistent in my making fun of Sarks and his excitement. If you are going to be evil you should be evil like me.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Inquisitor wrote:
    You should feel bad for Sarks though because it is an MMO and will not remotely live up to the hype that exists in Sarksus's head.

that's exactly it

it's an MMORPG

maybe a neat one but still

MMORPG

ftOqU21.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    look im not saying this nerdy philo student looks like all yall but

Mostly I just want factual articles and video footage. TotalBiscuit aimed to film 24 hours of the game over the weekend, we'll see if that happened.

Sarksus wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

So every time you have displayed some interest in what I had to say was just filthy lies, you conning liar?

Zero interest in what the press says about it.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Guild Wars 2 will release with server problems like every goddamn MMO.

Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

I'm gonna cry

What happened?

I'm studying Illustration and 2D Animation. Then my goal is being a children's book illustrator.

yGxvf.png
    Couscous wrote:

The sky is blue and water is wet.

And then we find out that GW2 is really WoW. And it is WoW all the way down.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Couscous wrote:

I think someone worked out a formula for how a new mmo starts out with a large population of players which shrinks over time and then (maybe) stabilizes.

Or do you mean server problems other than too many players?

Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

I'm gonna cry

What happened?

I'm studying Illustration and 2D Animation. Then my goal is being a children's book illustrator.

I'm willing to bet a lot that you've gotten better since you last had a go

so... might be easier simply due to better practice?

ftOqU21.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    : /////////

She's online on okc but her IM is turned off.

Bad signs.

Oh well, officially done caring.
    Most people do that. You don't really want to get IMs from random creeps. It doesn't mean anything.

You're calling winky a creep?

Right now, no.

Couscous wrote:

I think someone worked out a formula for how a new mmo starts out with a large population of players which shrinks over time and then (maybe) stabilizes.

Or do you mean server problems other than too many players?

it's a combination of largely unproven netcode and servers and such and lots and lots of players

ftOqU21.png
    Mazzyx wrote:

If this happened...

if I downloaded the game and played it and after I made a character and tried one dynamic event it confronted me and with vicious teeth sandwiched between curled lips peeled the mask from its face and underneath was WoW...I would kill myself.

You guys are stoking the fires of my optimism! If I'm let down, it'll be your fault!

The combat of gw2 does still seem very WoWish to me.

It is by far my largest concern with the game still.

I know how you feel, Sarks.

If the last flare of hope for Infinity seeing the light of day is irrevocably extinguished then I am going to perform ritual suicide.

ftOqU21.png
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Oh fuck Dat me3 commercial

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    I'm done with "cartoony" mmo's where you run around killing stuff hoping for something not crap to drop.

Maybe.

but, that won't happen, so it's all good. It'll come. I have faith.

ftOqU21.png
    Sarksus wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:

If this happened...

if I downloaded the game and played it and after I made a character and tried one dynamic event it confronted me and with vicious teeth sandwiched between curled lips peeled the mask from its face and underneath was WoW...I would kill myself.

It would be incredible to watch this happen. Thrall comes out and tells you for the whole game you will be running Molten Core every single day of your life. AND YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO QUIT.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Inquisitor wrote:

I dunno, it's a hotkey game but you're always moving, proximity to enemies is important for control, players can combine skills with one another (firing arrows through a wall of fire).

I mean you don't have to say WoW, you can pick any MMO and your post means the same thing.

Sarksus wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

I dunno, it's a hotkey game but you're always moving, proximity to enemies is important for control, players can combine skills with one another (firing arrows through a wall of fire).

I mean you don't have to say WoW, you can pick any MMO and your post means the same thing.

that's because they all play like WoW.

ftOqU21.png
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:

If this happened...

It would be incredible to watch this happen. Thrall comes out and tells you for the whole game you will be running Molten Core every single day of your life. AND YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO QUIT.

I would never play another MMO again. Even when we had brain computer interfaces and MMOs became reality simulators I would still shun them.

WoW Virus has infected the internet code! Every computer in the world with internet access can only run WoW!

Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

I'm gonna cry

What happened?

I'm willing to bet a lot that you've gotten better since you last had a go

so... might be easier simply due to better practice?

Maybe. I've certainly had my share of reality checks since then.

yGxvf.png
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

that's because they all play like WoW.

MMOs before WoW played like WoW!

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Eq was a wow clone

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
This discussion has been closed.