As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] Pre PAX East 2012 Dinner - ORDERS IN!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    redfield85 wrote:
    FISH & CHIPS REPRESENTTTTTT!

Can't wait. My own people are seemingly bailing on me, so it will be another year of PAX: The Year of the Redfield. Bar crawl is near this, right?

Yes, it will be.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Sweetness. Can't wait. I hope I don't miss the Pokecrawl thread when it comes up.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • PickettPickett Registered User regular
    Sadly, it appears the wife and I missed out on this one. Looks like it is all sold out, even with the capacity increase a couple of days ago. Very sad...

• King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    Holy crap! Glad I grabbed a Freestyle ticket earlier today. :O

Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • faerielaurelynfaerielaurelyn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Is there the possibility of a wait list if people end up cancelling? I seemed a bit slow on the take here but would like 2 tickets if possible if they happen to open up.

No, YOU make ME a sandwich!
  • acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    UPDATED OP; all free ticket retainers, please read for details.

Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    wow, 100 spots sold out in less than a week, and a waiting list already forming! this is going to be one hell of a dinner. also, i'm so happy we got the room pictured on the website; lots of cool boston-y stuff on the walls for the out-of-towners to check out. so excited for this!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    I went with the Fish & Chips while my wife went with roast beef. Those are both somewhat traditional New England dishes right? Even if they aren't they should at least be good before pokecrawl foods :)

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    Wow! Can't believe it sold out. Craziness. Looking forward to it! This is something I was definitely sad to miss in years past.

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    Me and my friends got 4 of the free passes. I will email you once I am able to get in contact with them and find out what they want.

Wow! Can't believe it sold out. Craziness. Looking forward to it! This is something I was definitely sad to miss in years past.

It did sell out quick, but it has sold out almost every time if you include Prime :)

acumen101 wrote:
    UPDATED OP; all free ticket retainers, please read for details.

In case anyone missed this. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, Acumen is asking all free ticket holders to make a pre-selection on the full menu if possible. READ THE UPDATED OP.

• MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    OH NO!!!!! I was gone for less than a week and it's sold out!!! It went from being not even planned to SOLD OUT! AHHH!!! What do I do!?

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
    MASeffect wrote:
    OH NO!!!!! I was gone for less than a week and it's sold out!!! It went from being not even planned to SOLD OUT! AHHH!!! What do I do!?

Well, I think it was pretty close to being planned before tickets went up... lol. We were just waiting over the previous weekend for the ticket link. You can PM Acumen to get on the waiting list, and in the future make sure you check the forums at least daily for events that are important to you.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    TEAM OYSTER! Anybody else want to eat oysters? It's a Massachussetts tradition! Oysters & Beer, Oysters & Martinis, Raw Oysters, Fried Oysters...

We could all sit together and get a massive, massive platter of oysters with all the condiments.

C'mon! There's gotta be more old farts like me that love Oysters.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • MathrymMathrym Montreal, CanadaRegistered User regular
    TEAM OYSTER! Anybody else want to eat oysters? It's a Massachussetts tradition! Oysters & Beer, Oysters & Martinis, Raw Oysters, Fried Oysters...

We could all sit together and get a massive, massive platter of oysters with all the condiments.

C'mon! There's gotta be more old farts like me that love Oysters.

I'm in for sure! Oysters & Martinis, now that's a cool idea :D

edited January 2012
    UPDATED OP; Added IMPORTANT Twitter info!

Everyone, I have received your requests for the waiting list and I have been keeping track, so do not worry.

Also, reminder, ALL FREE STYLE TIX HOLDERS: if you haven't already, please PM me with your dinner choices so I know what to tell the restaurant. There is time, but this is more of a friendly reminder.

acumen101 on

Hey Acumen - thanks for putting this together. It's a ton of work, and greatly appreciated!

Thank you everyone for your appreciation of getting this organized. Also, for those who got a freestyle ticket and still haven't got back to me, as long as you PM me by March 20th, that would be great.

• septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    acumen101 wrote:
    Thank you everyone for your appreciation of getting this organized. Also, for those who got a freestyle ticket and still haven't got back to me, as long as you PM me by March 20th, that would be great.

You should enact a standing rule: those who fail to inform you of their freestyle menu choice automatically get prunes.

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    acumen101 wrote:
    Please follow @PPDinDin on Twitter for the latest update, which will also be updated simultaneously on the forum.
    "page not found"

oopps.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
    acumen101 wrote:
    Please follow @PPDinDin on Twitter for the latest update, which will also be updated simultaneously on the forum.
    "page not found"

oopps.

It's not a twitter link. The forums automatically make an internal link to a PA profile if you put "@" in front of some text. @monkeyrunner @junkypoo @whateverelseyoucanthinkof.

Just go to a browser and do http://twitter.com/PPDinDin

ah, gotcha. Ignore the newbie in the corner. *slinks away into shadows*
    :D

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    OK, totally newb question, but how do I PM you about my menu selection?

• Susan69Susan69 Registered User regular
    septagon wrote:
    You should enact a standing rule: those who fail to inform you of their freestyle menu choice automatically get prunes.

I've heard their steamed prunes are delish!

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote:
    OK, totally newb question, but how do I PM you about my menu selection?

click on his username above his avatar next to his post.

then click the "send a message to acumen101" link under his avatar at left on the profile page.

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • GeeGussumGeeGussum Registered User regular
    I already sent a PM to the event organizer, but if anyone out there has a free ticket that they would like to pass off to someone directy then please send me a message.

• KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Since I'm taking the Metal Gear train in, I knew I was going to be in too late to participate in this, however I just browsed the thread out of curiosity. I saw the joking suggestion on one of the first pages that the room be adorned with PAX crests and booze be drunk out of ornamental goblets. Well, the crests are easy (my Masonic lodge does stuff like that all the time for our rituals), and while goblets would be tough, beer steins are easy. You guys could add $3-4 per head and hand out custom forum-logo steins if you wanted. As long as you get a headcount at least a month in advance (seems to be no problem here), you should be A-OK. Obviously too late for this year, but something to keep in mind for next year.

I would totally buy a PAX-themed beer stein.

This would be a great thing to implement for PAX Prime! Especially if the company could be talked into donating all or part of the purchase money to Child's Play.

Dude, that is epically awesome. It should be done for prime!

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Oh hell yes....yes yes yes.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    I put Border in the same category as Fire & Ice as far as convenience, but I certainly understand the concern about getting to the bar crawl. (I'd recommend it for anyone who wants to get away from the convention for a bit with friends or people you meet -- the Conmemorativo margarita is special)

That said, how about:
    Joe’s American Bar and Grill
    100 Atlantic Avenue
    Commercial Wharf
    617-367-8700
    www.joesamerican.com
    Serves: American food, burgers

It's a regional (I think) chain, but it looks reasonable, is close to the right location (just on the other side of Quincy Market), and because it's on the waterfront, it feels very Boston. I haven't been to this location, but I've had their food a couple of times and it was decent.

Not trying to be pushy, but trying to help get a few more options out there.

Edit: Tried to post their private dining contact - but resulted in a broken link. Looks like they can do 35-80. I haven't reached out to them as of yet.

It's decent tex-mex and is fairly large, so I can see why you'd suggest it, but Border Cafe is significantly worse a venue for convenience vs Fire & Ice in regards to the bar crawl.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    arsonisfun wrote:
    I put Border in the same category as Fire & Ice as far as convenience, but I certainly understand the concern about getting to the bar crawl. (I'd recommend it for anyone who wants to get away from the convention for a bit with friends or people you meet -- the Conmemorativo margarita is special)

That said, how about:
    Joe’s American Bar and Grill
    100 Atlantic Avenue
    Commercial Wharf
    617-367-8700
    www.joesamerican.com
    Serves: American food, burgers

It's a regional (I think) chain, but it looks reasonable, is close to the right location (just on the other side of Quincy Market), and because it's on the waterfront, it feels very Boston. I haven't been to this location, but I've had their food a couple of times and it was decent.

Not trying to be pushy, but trying to help get a few more options out there.

Edit: Tried to post their private dining contact - but resulted in a broken link. Looks like they can do 35-80. I haven't reached out to them as of yet.

It's decent tex-mex and is fairly large, so I can see why you'd suggest it, but Border Cafe is significantly worse a venue for convenience vs Fire & Ice in regards to the bar crawl.

perhaps there is confusion due to fire & ice having multiple locations. there is one in boston, which is not ideal but better for the crawl, and one in cambridge, which is just around the corner from border cafe.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    A suggestion.. the pre-pax pig roast also has overflow... As I noted in its thread, I can't organize another dinner (Already organizing two things :/) but I'd be in for something, especially pre-pokecrawl due to the overflow.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for bringing it up Kiashien. If someone could work with @Trinistand to do another Pig Roast on Thursday night, that could be a fun event for overflow waitlisters from both.

Trinistand has volunteered to coordinate and arrange with the restaurant for a second night but won't be able to actually be there in person, so all that would be needed would be a person to take point. You know, someone who will declare himself boss.

Contact Trinistand if you're interested!

LexiconGrrl on
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Actually, I think you mean @trinistand - coordinate with him regarding a second pig roast.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    Khadour wrote:
    Actually, I think you mean @trinistand - coordinate with him regarding a second pig roast.

Yup, that's me. I have no problem scheduling another pig roast provided that there's enough interest. The restaurant requires at least a reservation of 10 people. If the restaurant is busy that night, I'll find another locale.

Khadour wrote:

Thanks - fixed.

I am the Sofa King.

• ElzemereElzemere BostonRegistered User regular
    Hm. Wish I'd looked into this earlier as I work two blocks from F. Hall and could personally guide you to about a dozen bars within walking/stumbling distance. Oh and NEVER eat oysters in Boston proper. Trust me.

Joe's American is good, albeit somewhat pricey. They have an upstairs venue usually used for private dining. GREAT fish and chips imo. Cant speak for their liquor though. I've only dined there for business.

• mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    Me and my friends will actually not be able to make this. We are not arriving in Boston until later then expected so we will be unable to attend. How do I go about cancelling my order so I can give others an opportunity to go to this.