As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Great Achievements in PA Gaming: The Rebirth: Finally Updated!

RehabRehab Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
About this thread:

Note: Link to the Your Greatest Gaming Moments no longer works
This was a thread that I had going for some time before the forum crash that occured a few months ago. During the time in which this thread was around it had eventually managed to accumulate a rather impressive list of gaming accomplishments thanks to contributions that were made by a number of forumers here. Note too that when I say "rather impressive" it should actually be taken as quite the understatement considering many of the posts that you guys made in that thread. There are some names and quite a few achievements that still stick out in my mind from that but I will refrain from mentioning any here because I would hate to leave anyone out. That and I suck at names to begin with and there were far too many listed toward the end there for one to possibly hope to recall. Anyway . . .

The posts here can basically be as simple or elaborate as you want them to be. You could simply say "beat (game name) on (difficulty setting)" or post a screenshot of your accomplishment if you want to do so. However, if you set out to achieve something specific in a game that would require that you play the game to fully comprehend it, you should explain things in a bit more detail. The same goes for any case in which you set out to beat a game under special conditions which are not necessarily required but you wanted to aim for anyway. This could include completion time, a certain strategy used, beating the game within a certain number of lives or coins, limitations that you set on yourself (never saving, never using certain items or weapons), or anything similar you may like to point out.

Also, to make the thread easier to read I will routinely update the OP with brief descriptions of accomplishments that people have made throughout the thread along with their user name. I will also be doing this with any of the screenshots that are posted unless I eventually run out of room here. If that becomes the case at some point, I will still have something within one of these initial posts pointing out the page the screenshot is on, who had posted it, and what game it came from. If I accidentally forget to add anyone to the list that I will have going once I have updated to a certain point (for instance I might post that I have updated up to page 5) feel free to send me a PM so that I can go back and add you. If you think that I need to add more to the description of your accomplishment because a detail had been left out or you want to go back and add something feel free to send me a PM for that as well. And finally, this time around I will be starting off with some on-topic posts that I found from another thread.

All of the forumers and achievements that I already have listed below were taken from the Your Greatest Gaming Moments thread that Duchess Prozac made awhile ago. This was a thread where you could post your greatest and/or coolest moments in gaming, which is to say that it contained a number of stories and mentionings of gaming experiences that people here have had. I simply went through and gathered all of the unintentionally off-topic posts that the thread had acquired having to do with achievements so that they could be reposted here as on-topic posts. So first off, I would like to thank Duchess Prozac and everyone who had accidentally misinterpreted her thread for the starting material. Also, if you have any great gaming moments that you would like to mention you could certainly post them there if you think it would be more fitting.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

papresentsol9.gif

PA Formers and their Achievements:

Herby - Beating Ready Steady Go on Very Hard.

Ownage Jones - Resident Evil 1 with a knife, Devil May Cry 1-3 on DMD, GTA: SA/VC at 100%, God Mode Ares on God of War, and 50% win against SFA2 Shin Akuma (Akuma Mode). Added from this thread - While playing Street Fighter Alpha 3: World Tour mode, has accomplished the following: Level 32 Shin Akuma, Level 32 Evil Ryu, Level 32 Ken, Level 32 Akuma, and Level 32 R.Mika. Recently finished Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, all tests of valor, unlocking the Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Chun-Li and Guile costumes for the characters. All modes/games for (old school) Street Fighter Alpha Anthology: Sonic 3 + Kunckles, all gems, emeralds, hyper characters unlocked.Had a Level 99 Alucard back in the day for SOTN. All the weapons in Ratchet: Deadlocked are unlocked and at level 99, as are all his characters for Onimushma: DOD. Also in Deadlocked: entire game, all difficulties, weapons to 99, 120+ skill points. With Ractechet and Clank: GC, all weapons upgraded, crystals found, Moonstones found, etc. UYA: 30/35 skill points (Quark's levels left), all weapons upgraded, all but one trophy. Has unlocked everything in RE4 but the handcannon and had a best accuracy rating of 94 percent during a straight playthought (PS2 version). More from God of War, beat all Challenges of the Gods (unlocked the weird/cool costumes) and cleared all Dark Realms for Onimusha 3 and 4 (the rewards for beating the last Dark Realm in Onimusha 3 were the Ultimate Whip for Jacques and Bishamon Sword for Sam. You can go back in with them, but you've got nothing but your normal weapons the first time around). 101% and 102 percent in DKC and DKC2 respectively. Beat Battletoads in BattleManiacs and cleared Contra with 3 lives (once). Okami - Never died during any fights, all weapons powered up, relics acquired. Recently beat God of War 2 on every difficulty and has a Titan rank for every Challenge of the Titans.

ToadTheMushroom - Completed Sonic 3 + Knuckles in one sitting, no saves, full completion, Doomsday and all. Completed Burnout 3 at 100%.

Cowbomb - Beat Viewtiful Joe on Ultra V-Rated with every character and fully completed F-Zero GX.

Talith - Completed all of Half Life 2 : Episode 1.

Akilae729 - Beating Myst and Riven without guides with the assistance of a friend. Beating Diablo I with same friend.

TheHanku6 - Beat the secret mission "Tough boys/guys" in DMC3 with only a segment of health.

Sanius - Beating Resident Evil on the Gamecube in under 2 hours. Added from this thread - Achieved 100 percent completions for all characters in MGS 2 (see Lorks screenshot in the post below for reference).

solsovly - Taking down Tiamat in FFXI for the first time in his servers history.

werehippy - Beat RE 4 with 100% accuracy and no deaths.

Evil_Reaver - Completed Burnout 3 at 100%.

Henroid - In Super Metroid beat the game in 1:23 (or 1:28?) with 100% completion. Can beat all the bosses in Mega Man X, X2, Zero 2, and Zero 3 without having to use their weaknesses. Added from this thread - In Beyond Oasis, has a save file where he beat the game in 1:56, collected all 15 gems for each of the spirits, and remained at rank 1.

Akatsuki - Won a CS tournament against a lot experienced and way older players at age 15. Unlocked all the trophies in Super Smash Bros Melee.

F-Zero_Racer - Super Smash Bros. Melee. Very hard mode. One life. Recently beat Push Mode at level 5. Playing MMZ3 got an A rank on every mission.

Mwu_La_Fraga - Beat Resident Evil 2 in under 3 hours (2:48 exactly) without saving.

Harlingtox AD - Beat Super Mario World in 13 minutes.

kennrr - Got 100+ wins playing Tekken Tag Tournament back when it was still popular and had good players at the arcade.

exit - In FFT beat the game with level 30 teams on three seperate occassions, one as all Wizards, one time as all Priests, and one time as all Summoners.

Jeedan - Completed Star Wars Arcade on one credit.

gazamc - Bushido Blade 1. Completing the challenge of 100 fights without dying once.

End of posts from the Your Greatest Gaming Moments thread.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

NNID: Rehab0
Rehab on

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Beginning of posts from this thread.

Rehab - In Sonic 2 can get all 7 Chaos Emeralds before getting to the Aquatic Zone Act 2 (second level of third zone). Super Mario 64, 100% completion. Unlocked all the weapons and cheats in Goldeneye 007 with the exception of Invincibility (which my brother unlocked). Also completed all of the stages and missions in the game on the Agent, Secret Agent, and 00 Agent difficulties. Have the following high scores for the maps in Mercenaries in Resident Evil 4: Village-Krauser-153,970, Castle-Wesker-120,080, Base-Hunk-109,100, Dock-Ada-120,030. In Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance unlocked all of the characters, costumes, stages, extras, and everything else from the Krypt. In addition, completed the Konquest mode with each character and have the game endings for all of the characters as well. Playing the Simpsons arcade game, once got up to and halfway through the third level on one credit. Also, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow stats listed on page 4 (which can be seen here) along with mentionings of near 100 percent completions in a couple Zelda games.

Undead Scottsman - Completed Half-Life 2 in 11 hours after it first came out, in one sitting. Was able to beat Links Awakening without dying before.

Drez - Unlocked everything in Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror for the PSP fairly quickly after release and has a 100% save posted at GameFaqs. Also, you apparently have to play through the game a number of times to do this. Went back and beat Ultima 1 in just an hour and twelve minutes a few years ago after having experienced difficulty completing the game much earlier on. Completed Max Payne 1 and 2 back to back in one sitting once. Has earned all 50 achievements in Dead Rising. Beat Hitoshura (hidden boss) in Digital Devil Saga 1. States that it was probably the most epic and time-consuming boss battle in gaming history.

Wezoin - Beat the first Halo on Heroic difficulty.

FyreWulff - Can beat the entire first two levels of Halo 2 without firing a single shot on Heroic..

Sanders - In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City had 100% completion in exactly 24 hours 00 minutes.

Slagmire - Had a 49 game win streak when X-Men vs. Street Fighter was popular in the arcades with a Sabretooth/Dhalsim combo.

TVs_Frank - Beat Fallout 2 with nothing but hand-to-hand combat. Completed Karnov on the NES without cheats when he was a kid and the same goes for Kid Icarus. Beat MGS3 on Extreme difficulty.

thorpe - Doom 3, beat the game on Nightmare difficulty without stopping (or dying).

Pojaco - Finished Call of Duty 2 on Veteran.

MegoDrDoom - Hitman: Blood Money. Beaten on all difficulties with at least 5 silent assassin ratings on each. Call of duty2 on Veteran.

Bouncing_Soul - Can get through the speeder bike level in Battletoads without dying. Also, beat Ghouls and Ghosts on the Genesis.

Treeloot - Won about 20 races of 4 player Mario Kart in a row once playing against friends.

Drummond - Awesome old school Zelda screenshot at the bottom of this page (and the beginning of the next one).

Page- - Once went 24/0 with the pump shotty in a LAN CS game (12 on 12, with good players mixed in on both sides). Didn't even know how to play at that time. Created a Fendazon in D2 that could survive 8 player Hell Cows, Diablo and Baal, around 1.07-9. With the same character killed NM Diablo in 1 hit (well, 2: had the maul with % chance to cast amp, hit him with that once and he amped. Then he switched to his spear and killed him in 1 hit). Was helping a friend concentration paladin rush through NM, so he had that, the amp, deadly strike/critical hit, etc. Unofficial high score of around 23,000,000 points in Tetris DS but while playing, someone else turned the game off so the score was never recorded. Right now has an official highscore of 8,513,794. Has all the arcade high scores for Powerstone in Toronto and can beat the game in under 9 minutes with any character. Unlocked all the costumes in DOA2:HC. Beat GV ToS in mania using only costumes(characters have the worst stats), and no carryovers from previous games. I also beat the coliseum with each character, including Genis and Raine, and both secret bosses. All under level 80.

mtvcdm - Was able to take two WarioWare Original games to terminal velocity (meaning, the game can't go any faster). Spunky Monkey to 100, and Button Masher to 301. Also, once came in 2nd in a Soul Calibur tourney (first tournament). Never picked up a Dreamcast before that day either (had some prior experience from playing Soul Calibur II on the Gamecube but no experience with the first game).

ForgottenVariable - Completed the F-Zero GX story mode on very hard.

jeffc - Has S-ranked all of the songs in Ouendan on insane. Also S-ranked every single surgery, including the X-ops, in Trauma Centre.

Olivaw - Completed the TimeSplitters: Future Perfect story mode in less than six hours in a single sitting while playing the game with a friend.

Darlan - Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, 100% completion.

Charlie_Foxtrot2 - Playing the first Dave Mirra BMX demo for the PS1, did a REALLY LONG GRIND on an empty pool (in the Woodworth Course) and got a million or so points.

Aroduc - Very solid high score screenshot from Touhou 08 - Imperishable Night located thirteen posts down on the fifth page.

krl - Max high score in Lumines (999,999 points).

DarkDragoon - Completing the Arena mode of Kirby Super Stars without using any powers or helpers (aside from summoning them to then turn into spit-fodder).

mr_sweetcandy - Has beaten Metal Slug 3 without getting hit. Also, owns the highscores on the two machines that are in close-proximity to his house.

Bushmaori - Cleared God of War on the hardest difficulty, once Got a 18 million point combo in Tony Hawks American Wasteland, perfectly synchronised a dance move manual in Tony Hawks 3 with a friend causing the entire map to disappear,
    won a one hundred lives elimination against max bots on the hardest difficulty of Time Splitters: Future Perfect without losing a life (using baseball bats), and got 9 million points and reached level 99 on Doctor Robotniks Mean Bean Machine for Genesis.

Zonghui - In Wario Ware has the following high scores: Skating Board-204, Jump Forever-219, and Paper Plane-199.

Pancake - Recently finished getting Silent Assassin rating on Professional difficulty in Hitman 2, Hitman: Contracts, and Hitman: Blood Money (with the exception of the Japan missions in Hitman 2). Also got as close as one could possibly get to ghosting Splinter Cell 3 on the hardest difficulty while getting 100% on every mission (Ghosting involves no alerts, no knocked out or killed guards, and, ideally, no destroyed lights or distracted guards. As close to a perfect run of the game as you can get, basically. But since the game was obviously not designed with such things in mind, it was necessary to at least distract guards and remove lights [with the OCP at the very least] in many instances, and some guards have to be knocked out to complete mission objectives required to get 100%).

Herschel - Beat the Master Levels on Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 and has ascended in NetHack before.

Tarranon - Has three stars on every training mission, grand prix cup, and has beaten every single staff ghost by at least 5 seconds in Mario Kart: DS.

Zen Vulgarity - Was banned from the OGL for "hacking" and was blacklisted from over 1000 servers in Counter-Strike.

BTP - Has marathoned SNES Pilotwings, has all the gold medals in Pilotwings 64 (with many at 300 points), has some awesome Time Trial times in Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge, legitimately caught every Pokemon in R/B/Y and G/S/C generations, S-ranked Easy and Normal of Ouendan, 2-starred (with a few 3-starred) GP and 3-starred Missions in Mario Kart DS, has a score of over 3 million in Kirby Pinball Land, Beat Push Mode at Level 5 on Tetris DS, win at tournament play on Looney Tunes Basketball (6 matches against computer, CPU starts at 5 and increases each match until at 10), and have 100% files of SMW, SM64, SM64DS, Kirby Superstar, Kirby: NiD, WW Inc, FtM, Meteos, Zeldas ALttP/OoT/MM/soon LA, Vigilante 8, Goldeneye 007 (with all cheats), and Pokemon Stadium 1 + 2 (except for Amnesia Psyduck). Completed all the challenges and the Adventure mode on Expert in Nanostray.

SirNick - Beaten Contra III on Hard by himself without continuing and only dying twice.

BiggNife - Got over 1,000 lines in one round of Tetris DS (can't remember the score). Once got to the final boss in Marvel vs Capcom with continues.

BloodyRoarXX - Can do both Turbo Tunnels in Battletoads and Battletoads in Battlemanic without looking at the screen.

hambone - Once got a double headshot on Day of Defeat: source as a German Rifleman.

RaginRoss - F-Zero GX Story Mode on Very Hard, Call of Duty 2 on Veteran, all trophies on SSB:M, 100% on Timesplitters 2, and beating Sonic 1 without using a continue when he was about 10.

fragglefart - 100% completion in Goldeneye - all cheats, all difficulties. Possibly the only PA-er to have gotten all the Kameo A Grades on 360.

Nocren - Can get all 7 Emeralds in Sonic 2 before leaving Green Hill Zone. Got over 31 minutes on a DMW in Hall of Mirrors (Equalibrium Mod for Max Payne 2). Using Alex, beat SF3:3S at the arcade on one credit. Completed Tekkan 4 on one credit with Paul (before US release, played in Hong Kong). Actually completed the Turbo tunnels on Battletoads and was the only one in his group of friends that could defuse the bomb in TMNT on NES. Beat Alma in Ninja Gaiden (regular), without spamming the Flying Swallow Slash or using healing items (had none in inventory). In Star Wars Trillogy Arcade, once got to the second saber duel before he just walked away on one credit.

Magus` - Got over 1 million points on Dawndus in Deluge mode in Meteos.

Taramoor - Beat Ikaruga on Hard without dying.Unlocked everything in F-Zero GX within two weeks of the game's release. Beat all of Perfect Dark Zero on Dark Agent. Got a Professional ranking in P.N.03 on Hard Mode in the Papillon suit. Beat FFX without accessing the sphere grid once. Beat FFVI with no character above level 11. Beat Baten Kaitos without leveling up. At all. Beat Battletoads for the NES. Beat Kid Icarus for the NES. Cleared Metroid Prime with 100% in 1:57. Brain Age of 20. Got the Threesome ending with Silk Fox and Dawn Star in Jade Empire. Beat Shadow of the Colossus on Hard Mode (ran straight to the Final Colossus without entering the underground). Bark at the Moon from Guitar Hero on Expert - 5 Stars. Super Smash Brothers - Cleared Event match 51 with every character without dying. After clearing the free downloads of Zork II & III, has officially beaten every Infocom text adventure. Has ascended in Nethack using a Monk.

spookymuffin - Has never been beaten by his friend in Soul Calibur 2 and 3 (primarily uses Cassandra and is also really good with Sophitia and Lizard man). Unlocked every costume for every character in Dead or Alive 1 & 2, unlocked every extra character in Rival Schools, and has unlocked every character in MvC2 for Dreamcast along with the rest of the unlockable content.

Martman - Conquered Bop it Extreme.

erdragon - Got the max high score in Lumines.

Lork - In Perfect Dark, beat every level on the highest difficulty, every challenge and unlocked every cheat, even the ones that were not need, like "Farsight for Jo in singleplayer" after already unlocking "All weapons". Once ascended in Nethack as well.

Orikaeshigitae - Four-barred Spaztik in Amplitude.

davidbarry - Got 104 million points in Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved for the 360.

rayofash - Beat Super Mario Bros at 5 years of age. Also beat Sonic 2 with all the chaos emeralds in less than an hour.

Campion - Achieved the high score of 1001 on Super Mario 64 DS's mini-game "Wanted!". Also fully completed F-Zero GX's Story and Grand Prix mode. Has unlocked all of the time trials, but has not been able to beat them all.

MuddBudd - Beat the Madmaze on his own at age 14.

Squashua - Scored a perfect 6.0 in Figure Skating for the Commodore 64 without even watching the screen at age 12.

Luq - Jedi Outcast (DF III, JKII, PC version) - beat it with no deaths on jedi master difficulty, in a single play session without saving.

PsychoLarry1 - Call of Duty 2: Beat the Crossroads level using only the luger and webly and the required panzershrek and MG42 on Veteran. Call of Duty 1: Beat 50% of the game using only pistols on Veteran.

Lethardicus - Beat time crisis 2 in the arcade using one credit and once got a high score of 2 million in lumines.

preachermeat - Won a local and regional Soul Calibur 2 Tournament with Voldo.

Auturgist - Once had the 7th fastest time in the world among MR2 G-Limited drivers on Happogahara in Initial D - Special Stage for PS2. Hasn't played in a long time since then, but his time is STILL 12th in the world on that track with that car. Serin was the name used in the game. Here are a couple links showcasing the ranking.

DarthBinks - Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader - all gold medals including unlockable levels, and everything beaten on ace mode (with the execption of Endurance), Perfect Dark - beaten and unlocked everything except War! on Perfect Agent and the last three challenges, Goldeneye - everything beaten and unlocked except for invincibility, and in Diablo II - had a level 98 smiteadin/burizon.

n00bish - Once sniped one enemy out of a scout in Tribes and completed Below the Root in a fifteen you long epic.

kaputa12 - Beat Mega Man & Bass and got 100 percent completion in all the Armored Core games from the first to Silent Line.

DaveTheWave - Did a perfect run of Viewtiful Joe with the highest ranking on every challenge (on V-rated diffuculty). Beat event match 51 (Giga Bowser 3 on 1) in 53''26 or something. That's 53 seconds. Used Jigglypuff. Best non-rest was about 1''50 with Captain Falcon.

Bartholamue - Adventures of Batman and Robin speedrun. Also, beat everything in F-Zero GX except for a few staff ghosts (did not use snaking), and one or two story chapters (just didn't do chapter 8 and the final one on very hard).

Iriah - Got all of the GC unlockables in Resident Evil 4 and had really good results on a play through of the game on normal (page 7, 13th post down for details).

Kevar - Can beat Star Wars Trilogy Arcade (rail shooter) and Time Crisis II on 1 credit. Did a Super Metroid speedrun in about 43 minutes.

Superunknown - beating Ocarina of Time twice in one day and then got up to the Fire Temple on his third run still during that same day.

elkatas - Played through Mega Man 2 without dying and without using any passwords. Played through NES Trojan without dying under 9:30 (this is, to his knowledge, the fastest run that anyone has done on in the game without cheating).

Oden - Holds the high score, so far, on the wack-a-mole game in NSMB at 88.

RainbowDespair - Finished Ouendan on the "female cheerleaders mode" and got enough points overall to get the highest rank for the game. Beat Battletoads using Save States, but still beat the game nonetheless.

scootch - Beat the following games with one credit: Altered beast in arcade, Bubble bobble without using umbrella,Final Fight using guy or cody, Art of Fighting on hardest difficulty and can defeat Geese Howard (hidden boss) with any of the games characters, and Fatal Fury 2 with andy and terry on hardest difficulty. Also, got every character to level 99 in FF6 and 7

Sixfortyfive - Solid online records in Bleach DS with the characters Yoruichi and Tatsuki.

Blackjack - Once beat the dam in TMNT without taking damage.

Bushmaori - On the map mp_beach in Return to Castle Wolfenstien he won for the allies in about 40 seconds. (more of a fluke on a weird server than anything though, Got blasted by a Panzerfaust flew right over the wall and landed on that kind of covering thing between the two sides of the bunker then sprinted the rest of the way without even seeing anybody else). Finished the first episode Doom 1 with only a chainsaw on ultra violence. Can beat Jenova, and all forms of Sephiroth in the last fight in FF7 by putting down the controller and walking away (explanation here). Won 48 matches in survival mode in Bleach DS with Ichigo. Once broke a whak-a-gator machine by smashing the gators too hard, the game didn't stop playing.

APZonerunner - Once went to an arcade that contained the Time Crisis games 1-4 and ended up beating each game in that one visit, one after the other. Only one credit was used for Time Crisis 1-3 and two credits were used for Time Crisis 4. That was only the second time he had played Time Crisis 4 as well.

MechMantis - Got enough money to buy a Duplicator in SotN without cheat. He can now run around throwing bowling balls at enemies for one hit kills. If they don't die in that one hit they are finished off with dual-wielded Crissaegrims. It took about three years on one save to get to this point though.

J3p - Completed Metal Slug 3 using only 2 continues without using any cheap tactics. Defeated the third boss with no deaths.

Jawa - Beat The Curse of Monkey Island on Mega-Monkey in one sitting. Also managed to play all the way through 50 Cent: Bulletproof despite how terrible the game is.

W. Tiberius Snacks - During the first Charge of the SC Knights in Chromehounds, scared away all Human players in the battlefield, leaving the fight to just the CPU's.

Captain Charisma - Finished Call of Duty 2 on Veteran,finished Guitar Hero on Expert, did a full season of Master League on six stars in PES5 without a loss,100 percent completion on Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, and all the secrets, Time Crisis 2 Arcade on one credit, in under ten minutes, and beat Turtles In Time in one credit.

Daiquiri (now known as Icemopper) - Great stunt in free game Trackmania Nations. The Google video submission itself says "Daquiri from the Penny-Arcade forums owns a tough track in Trackmania Nations."

[Starting point for most recent update]

Fellhand - Got to Gannon in LoZ without the sword and also got to Baramos with just the hero in Dragon Warrior III.

Tonberry King - - Almost beat Timesplitters 2 Story Mode on Hard. Got all the way to the Robot Factory but the damn memory card got corrupted. Considers getting through the Atom Smasher level on hard quite a personal achievement. Beat both Metroid Primes on Hard. Beat Doom 3 on Hard (Veteran? Can't remember the name).

Yar - Can (and has) beat the original Ninja Gaiden in one play without dying. Got all the characters (the end-game ones, anyway) in FFIV up to level 99.

Sakeido - Beat Hell in Cave Story without using a guide.

Gilder - Completed in Cave Story on Hell in about four minutes or less.

Pidgequin - beat every song up to Freebird on Expert difficulty on Guitar Hero 2. (noted that Freebird is uber hard)

Aumni - Earned 11.8 million points in geometry wars. Beat GH2 on Expert with every song 4 stars or higher except for jordan, Misirlou and beast and the harlot. Has beaten FF6 14 times now. Update: Top 80 in the world for guitar hero 2. Four stared Jordan.

DarkPrimus - At 98 something percent complete in Kirby Canvas Curse (doesn't know if Ihe is going to bother getting 100%, because he has already unlocked all the coin stuff). Beat the game four times in one day, though. (Different characters.) Working on S-Ranking songs in Ouendan. Helicopter flipping in GTA

xta - Over 999 lines in Tetris DS on endless single player.

Tobasco - Beat the rock monster boss in Mega Man 1 without using the game-pause cheat.

Ulti - Reached 100% in Wario Land II, Super Mario World for the GBA, and Mario 64DS.

malerik - Has beaten FF8 eight times, using all the different characters, have done everything in the game including Omega Weapon etc. Same with FF5 and FF6, except beating ff5 once and ff6 twice, once with only celes, edgar and setzer. Got all 108 stars of destiny in Suikoden 2, and the effing squirrels. Welsh Tekken champion 2002, earning myself a pre-release copy of Tekken four. Won the final double perfect by being extremely cheap with King. Once replicated the Vegeta/Goku fireball fight from the saiyajin saga playing against a friend in Dragonball Z Budokai 3, complete with ripped shirt Goku and armour Vegeta and Vegeta being KO'ed out of the air by the blast, BY ACCIDENT. Got 100% with every skater in Tony Hawks 2 for the GBA, also all gaps. Once won a 3 on 1 game in the terrible Streetfighter EX 3 playing as Jack. He was the 1. Won 42 rounds of winner stays on Streetfighter Alpha 2 against friends despite them cheating (shin akuma, infinite supers) and my having never played the game before. Was then forced to switch to Marvel super heroes where proceeded to win a further 10 games. Epic. Beat a guy at Streetfighter EX 2 Plus Alpha when using a dance mat to control Vega. Beat the all peaks gold challenge on SSX3 in 24:59 (less than a second to spare). 100% completion Timesplitters. Can beat gameboy megaman 2 without using any weapons, and crash man's level literally blindfold (but not crash man).

CrunchyKells - 1763 points on Starfox 64 campaign (expert).

Grammaton Cleric - NES Contra w/o the "code."

bananabread - In his early days as a gamer beat both Battletoads and Bayou Billy on the original NES without any form of cheat.

The Warlock - Got every star in Mario 64 DS (well, his girlfriend got like half of them on that file).

revolve - Has ascended in Nethack (without cheats, and I doubt I could ever do it again), and had a level 99 hardcore necromancer in Diablo 2.

ruzkin - Beat Timesplitters 2 100% (ie, platinums on every challenge), beat MGS on Extreme without being injured, and got Cait Sith to level 100 (stated a medal is due from that).

Crashmo - Beat Bubble Bobble (99 levels with ridiculous boss fight at the end) in one sitting, but noted there was use of an emulator save+load thingy (stated that it was still really freakin' hard and took forever).

LunaticPuma - - In Wipeout XL, got a perfect lap on either Talon's Reach or Sagarmatha in the Phantom Class (it literally flashed the words "Perfect Lap" which he has only seen that one time).

RainbowDespair - Group achievement: was in a 4 player online Heavy Weapon Arms Race Survival game (the mode where you have 3 lives and then you're dead) and they set a new world record for the mode (25+ minutes if I remember correctly) taking 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. He was the weakest link dying around the 22 minute mark, but even so, still managed to snag 6th place.

Sushisource - States that he is truly spectacular at is HL2DM. Finished R6 Vegas on Realistic.

KKprofit - Beat FF1 with 4 white mages.

LewieP - Completed kid icarus.

SimBen - Chrono Trigger: All characters level **, best equipment (3 Prism Dresses, 4 Moon Armors, 6 Prism Helms, Gloom Helm, all best weapons, all Rocks), all endings seen including all variations of the Moonlight Parade, all Tabbable stats maxed out on all characters (Power, Magic, Speed), killed Pink Nu Spekkio, killed Lavos (all forms) with a lv. 50 Crono alone. SSBM: All trophies except the JP-exclusive ones. Mega Man II: Finished on Difficult, in one sitting. Finished Batman on the NES (immediately after finally killing that stupid Joker, he went out to a pawn shop and exchanged that stupid game for Metroid 1 and that game made him its bitch).

OneEyedJack - His uh, wife can 100% A Link to the Past in just under four hours.

HappylilElf - Completed all Primary Secondary and Bonus goals in a run through of TIE Fighter way back when (still hates the Assault Gunboat to this day). Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow 100%, Julius mode completed and Boss Rush mode in 1:37.

DoNotPursueLuBu - SSBM: 53 Kills in Cruel Melee Mode (blames this on a cruel April fools joke and no, he didn't unlock sonic or tails [sad emoticon]).

ben0207 - Can play through Tubthumping on the PAL release of the first Donkey Konga using nothing but my feet.

143999 - Got a hole in one in Golden Tee Fore! 2002 by bouncing my ball across 3 rocks in a water hazard.

Tuoma - One-lifed Gradius (nes), then wasted all my lives super fast on the second loop =/ Also Gradius V on what he thinks was normal. 1 ccs on Life Force and Super R-type... and Shikigami No Shiro 2.

JamesRotary - Completed Gears of War single player mode on insane only dying once when a glitch allowed the kryll to eat me alive when he was standing on top of a light behind some cover at RAAM's car. Beat SSBM on very hard with all characters (dying only while using Pichu, Young Link and Bowser) and got all trophies. Beat Lightning Force for Genesis (a.k.a. Thunder Force IV) without cheating once. 100% Completed Splinter Cell Double Agent (X360) on hardest difficulty. Once got two Killamanjaro awards in one game of Big Team Battle in Halo 2. (Two times killing seven people in a row within four seconds of each other.) Was level 38 at the time of accomplishing this. (Highest level he reached) Beat either Metroid Fusion or Metroid: Zero Mission (Might have been both) in about an hour.

His Corkiness - Achieved 97 percent completion on a GH-imported Heart-Shaped Box on Amazing in Frets on Fire (probably wouldn't be particularly impressive in Guitar Hero, but Frets on Fire has no hammer ons/pull offs, and I have to strum with a measly Enter button).

Romantic Undead - Could finish Mega Man II with bosses in any order without dying. Also, could defeat all 8 robot masters in the transporter room at the end without using their weakness. (In fact, didn't even KNOW metal man died in one hit using the Metal Blade (his own weapon). Tried it again recently on the Mega Man anniversary collection (or whatever it's called) on PS2. Beat it during his first sitting.

jclast - Beat Toejam and Earl, random world, 1 player, completed Paper Mario's Pit of 100 Trials, did all the Master Thief Challenges in Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, and mastered every job for every story character and 2 recruits in FFT. Also, since since he started reviewing for eToychest, is probably the only person in the world to have played Disney's Cars to completion for each of the following platforms: XBOX, PSP, GBA, and DS.

Vi Monks - Completed Baldur's Gate 2 and ToB on insane difficulty with Tactics (including Improved Irenicus), Ascension, and Improved Battles once with a solo Barbarian and once with a solo vanilla Cleric.

Ballman - Is working on some accomplishments in Guitar Hero as seen here.

Fragtastic - Had an epic battle on a friends Street Fighter II cabinet which can be seen here.

Raijin Quickfoot - Beat Super Mario All-Stars w/ Super Mario World all the way through without losing a life. That is all of the games at once. Also, FFVI. All characters lvl 99, 99 economizers, 99 Genji gloves...basically everything.

SniperGuy - Can cap the flag on Broadside in Tribes 1 (shifterv5) in 11.7 seconds, starting at the door of his own base.

Nerdtendo - Unlocked EVERY cheat in 007 Goldeneye for the N64 without the help of a friend, or any type of gameshark. Found out a few years later about the button codes (when they were released). Actually beat Bayou Billy (billie?) on the original NES without using a game shark or anything.

thej3w - Collected all the coins in NSMB, can beat Mario 1 in like 6 minutes, not the best time but not bad either. Beat Zelda:LttP in like 2 hours, maybe 2.5 hours. Did an entire match in Gears of War 4vs4 where I took out the entire other team without dying with a chainsaw. Beat a police chase race thing in NFS:HP in 20 seconds while playing over the network with VNC.

Carnivore - At an earlier time was one of the top ranked PGR3 drivers. Also, was on Gotham TV a fair few times (nabbed the hardest achievement too).

BiggNife - Is currently working on a Gunstar Super Heroes challenge.

Ohtsam - Beat all 4 monkey island games in one day, playing the 1st 3 at the same time using multiple ScummVM windows.

String of Letters - 102% in DKC2, 120 stars in SM64, beat Flashback for SNES, and 3@30 in Diablo 1 (it involves, upon getting level 30, quitting current game, going straight to Hell difficulty Hell, and wasting Diablo. Pretty hard actually).

Akatsuki - Completed Metroid Prime 100% items and 100% log book on hard mode.

[Assassination Attempt!] - Beat Gemfire for the SNES with EVERY family in EVERY scenario. I once beat the game in one sitting and it took about 14 hours.

Shared PA accomplishments:

From Sushisource - Counter Strike Assault screens showing numerous forumers kicking ass and taking names.

From FyreWulff - As of 8/27/06, the PA Halo 2 clan TBK has amassed 2,133,573 kills (and 1,868,568 deaths).

Rehab on
    edited July 2006
    Screenshots from this thread:

fablestatsyx6.th.png FyreWulff - Character statistics/paused game screenshot from Fable.

statsnewpd3.th.jpg multipliersmallhr2.th.jpg FyreWulff - Updated Fable screens (09-29-2006)

696pxbopitextremept4.th.jpg FyreWulff - Did all the twisting, pulling, spinning, flicking, and bopping necessary to beat this.

irulehyruleto7.th.jpg Drummond - File select screenshot from Zelda II - The Adventure of Link.

dingts5jb0.th.png Aroduc - High score screenshot from Touhou 08 - Imperishable Night.

753934ea5c84d2da21c150a4b0305952b2c90d77bt7.th.png scorezlolfr9ht4.th.png nicecod2scoresyy0xh3.th.png

From Sushisource - End game screens from PAers playing Counter Strike Assault

rsgh3rdtrycs4.th.jpg BTP - Making RSG on Hard look easy.

lunkerrsgzk2bz0.th.jpg Lunker - Thrashing Ready Steady Go in Ouendan on Very Hard mode.

vergilownagetv1em7.th.jpg danteownageyd9gf5.th.jpg Ownage Jones - A fuckton of exceptional rankings in Devil May Cry 3.

23wvalgrh1.th.jpg megabyte - Made enemies in CounterStrike leave halfway through.

disgaeamajinqy0.th.jpg Elendil - Impressive stats screenshot from Disgaea.

100percent0vzio8.th.jpg Kratza - Resident Evil 4 with no deaths and perfect accuracy.

mvi0285ba5.th.jpg Rehab - High score for NSMB mini game Wanted!

t4hei100te7.th.jpg paul110uc9.th.jpg Iz-Good - Screens showing formidable winning streaks in Tekken Survival

mgs2vr100fi1.th.jpg Lork - HUGE 100 percent completions screenshot for MGS 2

THREAD IS COMPLETELY UPDATED TO PAGE 13

pennyarcade1nl1.jpg

Rehab on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I beat Half-Life 2 in 11 hours after it first came out, in one go.

Undead Scottsman on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I unlocked everything in Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror for the PSP fairly quickly after release (my 100% save is posted at GFaqs). You have to play through it a number of times for this. I know the game like I know the back of my pencil.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Oh yeah? well I beat Halo... On Heroic.. I bet I'm like, the first one.

Wezoin on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    fable_lottastats.jpg

the numbers only got higher after that. I also had a 1005 skill multiplier, which I didn't get a picture of since I've returned Fable to my brother for now. Lionhead owes me new thumbs.

[spoiler:7c6afd0bdb]It took forever to run down the multiplier, too. I teleported like 3 times and it was still at 300 or so. But the best part was waiting to get that high, and then using Age potions to get 1000 x 1000 XP points.. I really need to get an updated picture[/spoiler:7c6afd0bdb]

FyreWulff on
  • SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I got 100% on GTA:VC in exactly 24 hours 00 minutes by accident.

Nowhere near a quick run, I just thought it was funny :P

Sanders on
  • SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Had a 49 game win streak when X-Men vs. Street Fighter was popular in the arcades with a Sabretooth/Dhalsim combo. Everyone waited until I beat the game so they could get me off the machine.

Slagmire on
    edited July 2006
    Drez wrote:
    I unlocked everything in Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror for the PSP (my 100% save is posted at GFaqs). You have to play through it a number of times for this. I know the game like I know the back of my pencil.

You should link to the save that you have on GFaqs as long as it is out there. That does sound pretty cool too seeing as you had to go through the game several times in order to do this. I have gotten pretty close to getting everything in the Wind Waker during the second time around myself but I had one figurine missing from the gallery. But yeah, if you link to the page your score is on I will definetly add it along with your post when I update later one.

Undead, you certainly went through Half-Life 2 rather fast so congrats on that. I take it that you liked that game. Wezoin, I'll admit that I really don't know too much about Halo but I know that is quite impressive. I have seen people play on Heroic before and it is certainly challenging to say the least. However, you really don't need to be blantantly cocky about it though. :P

Rehab on
  • TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Try as I might, I can't think of any. I know I should have some though. Um...

Beating Fallout2 with nothing but hand-to-hand combat? Beating Karnov on the NES without cheats when I was a kid was pretty god damned hard. Same with Kid Icarus. Beating MGS3 on Extreme.

TVs_Frank on
  • thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Finished Doom 3 Nightmare speedrun.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2006
    Rehab wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    I unlocked everything in Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror for the PSP (my 100% save is posted at GFaqs). You have to play through it a number of times for this. I know the game like I know the back of my pencil.

You should link to the save that you have on GFaqs as long as it is out there. That does sound pretty cool too seeing as you had to go through the game several times in order to do this. I have gotten pretty close to getting everything in the Wind Waker during the second time around myself but I had one figurine missing from the gallery. But yeah, if you link to the page your score is on I will definetly add it along with your post when I update later one.

Undead, you certainly went through Half-Life 2 rather fast so congrats on that. I take it that you liked that game. Wezoin, I'll admit that I really don't know too much about Halo but I know that is quite impressive. I have seen people play on Heroic before and it is certainly challenging to say the least. However, you really don't need to be blantantly cocky about it though. :P

:)

The page is: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/save/920798.html
    And the actual file is (dunno if linking straight to the file works): http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/save/syphon_filter.zip

Drez on
    edited July 2006
    Oh, I dunno if this counts...but one of my earliest gaming moments was playing Ultima III when I was...umm 3 years old. The game was admittedly too difficult, as was Ultima I and II (which my father purchased after III - we had an Atari 800XL and C64 back then).

Anyway, a few years ago I loaded up Ultima I from the compendium or whatever that Origin released, and...I beat it in an hour and twelve minutes :P

Drez on
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    FyreWulff wrote:
    [im/g]http://fyre.castleparadox.com/images/fable_lottastats.jpg[/img]

the numbers only got higher after that. I also had a 1005 skill multiplier, which I didn't get a picture of since I've returned Fable to my brother for now. Lionhead owes me new thumbs.

[spoiler:8ddb2f8ab8]It took forever to run down the multiplier, too. I teleported like 3 times and it was still at 300 or so. But the best part was waiting to get that high, and then using Age potions to get 1000 x 1000 XP points.. I really need to get an updated picture[/spoiler:8ddb2f8ab8]

How in the hell did you get it that high? I only ever got to like... 40 or 50.

Graned this was TLC and on the PC.

Magus` on
    edited July 2006
    Holy shit FryeWulff, those are some impressive stats right there. I have seen some people with hardcore Fable characters but that is the first time I have seen one maxed out in so many different attributes.

Thorpe, happen to know the time on that speedrun? That you were even able to do a speedrun of Doom 3 on Nightmare is fucking awesome of course. I actually do not know if it was tiered exactly like the first Doom which had something ridiculous like Hell as the hardest difficulty but that can't be easy.

Rehab on
  • ZonghuiZonghui Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Now I feel like playing Fable

Zonghui on
  • PojacoPojaco Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Finished Call of Duty 2 on Veteran today, it's a tough one

Pojaco on
    edited July 2006
    Rehab wrote:
    Holy shit FryeWulff, those are some impressive stats right there. I have seen some people with hardcore Fable characters but that is the first time I have seen one maxed out in so many different attributes.

Thorpe, happen to know the time on that speedrun? That you were even able to do a speedrun of Doom 3 on Nightmare is fucking awesome of course. I actually do not know if it was tiered exactly like the first Doom which had something ridiculous like Hell as the hardest difficulty but that can't be easy.

I have no idea. Speed-run is a relative term in this case. By any normal Doom standards, it would be "really-fucking-slow", so a better title would be "Doom 3 Nightmare without stopping."

(or dying)

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MegoDrDoomMegoDrDoom Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    These are somewhat common but I consider them jobs well done.

Hitman: Blood Money. Beaten on all difficulties with at least 5 silent assassin ratings on each.

Call of duty2 on Veteran.

MegoDrDoom on
    XBL and PSN - MegoDrDoom
    edited July 2006
    thorpe wrote:
    Rehab wrote:

I have no idea. Speed-run is a relative term in this case. By any normal Doom standards, it would be "really-fucking-slow", so a better title would be "Doom 3 Nightmare without stopping."

(or dying)

Alright, that sound fair enough. Most of what I do know about Doom 3 comes from having watched my brother play the game a bit and just from that I can tell that the game is 1) really difficult in quite a few places, 2) a decent sized game in terms of length, and 3) made even harder due to lack of light in certain areas (such as Hell). Looks extremely fun to play as well and has great audio and visuals.

Frank, nice list you have going there. I haven't actually played either of those NES games but if they are anything like most of the games at that time they are probably steep in difficulty. I remember how long it took me and a friend in college to beat Dracula from the first Castlevania and how glorious it was finally beating that bastard (though we were using a Game Shark while playing that gave us unlimited continues). Those games certainly gave you a sense of accomplishment when you beat them. The other two things you have there aren't too shabby either.

Rehab on
  • Bouncing_SoulBouncing_Soul Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Pretty much the only cool thing I can do is beat the speeder bike level in Battletoads without dying.

I also beat Ghouls and Ghosts on the Genesis.

Yeah I suck.

Bouncing_Soul on
    Umlauf.gif
    Buy some useless stuff at my Cafepress site!
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Pretty much the only cool thing I can do is beat the speeder bike level in Battletoads without dying.

Yeah I suck.

What he said, minus any actual achievements.

Unless my ability to take the slightest scrap of a bit of information and completely build up my own story and concepts around it counts(see Soulblades/Soulweapons entry for more information*).

*As in ask me if you actually want to know.

yalborap on
  • TreelootTreeloot Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Can multiplayer accomplishments count? I beat my friends about 20 races in a row on 4 player Mario Kart.

Treeloot on
  • DrummondDrummond Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    irulehyrule.jpg

Drummond on
    sig.php
    edited July 2006
    Drummond wrote:
    irulehyrule.jpg

I've beaten Links Awakening without dying. (Surprisingly, the hardest part is earlier in the game.. once you get a lot of life containers and the restore potion it becomes surprisingly easy.)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I once went 24/0 with the pump shotty in a LAN CS game. And I don't even know how to play.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
    edited July 2006
    Huh, I just noticed we have two people who have finished Call of Duty 2 on Vereran difficulty. I think if we have more stuff like that from this or any other game I may actually have to start a list for those specific games at some point.

And yalborap, the story that you made behind Soulblade and the other Soulweapons sounds interesting. You can certainly go ahead and explain here it or post a link to it if you want.

Rehab on
    edited July 2006
    Page- wrote:
    I once went 24/0 with the pump shotty in a LAN CS game. And I don't even know how to play.

And apparently neither did the people you were playing with.

OH BURN!!!! :)

Undead Scottsman on
    edited July 2006
    Fuck yeah, old school Zelda screenshot!

Rehab on
    edited July 2006
    Page- wrote:

And apparently neither did the people you were playing with.

OH BURN!!!! :)

You're only half right. Many sucked, but it was 12 on 12, with good players mixed in on both sides. I'm not saying it was amazing or anything, just something I'm proud of. Shaguar was there.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    and for those wondering: that's as much General Experience as you can get in Fable TLC, at least for Xbox. Enemies will still drop it but you can't gain anymore. Apparently they wanted you to be able to get a hojillion of the 3 specific stats, though..

FyreWulff on
    edited July 2006
    Rehab wrote:
    Huh, I just noticed we have two people who have finished Call of Duty 2 on Vereran difficulty. I think if we have more stuff like that from this or any other game I may actually have to start a list for those specific games at some point.

And yalborap, the story that you made behind Soulblade and the other Soulweapons sounds interesting. You can certainly go ahead and explain here it or post a link to it if you want.

It's not so much a story as a concept I took way too fucking far. You've seen the hidden sword familiar in Symphony of the Night, right? And how it has that special attack that effects the entire screen? Listen to what he says when you do it. "Gather, brother soulblades!"

I have one fuck of an imagination. I very quickly wondered about these other soulblades, what kind of weapons they might be like and such. This led to me thinking up a few. I currently have 6 made, three of which are used by major characters I use in some of my various stories.

Of course, being the insane little bugger I am, I took it even FARTHER. I thought they needed a way to fight on their own as efficiently as in the hands of a wielder. So, I quickly created armors...Soul armors. Rei-yorois. Each of these weapons I've created has one, based on their design, personality(I also gave them personalities), and how they fight best. For instance, the first one I made, Akurabe. Jibberish in actuality, but it sounds cool. Anyways, the weapon is this big, triangular beast. We're talking anime or Soul Caliber lengths here. Five feet long, weighs 200 pounds, made of this crazy stone that is also my own design. (Roughly looks a bit like this: |\ With the bottom being where the hilt is, and the slanted part being the blade) It got this big, bulky black and gold armor.

...You see, this is why you need to make sure your children never have too much free time on their hands.

yalborap on
    edited July 2006
    Here's something slightly more . . . actual. I made a Fendazon in D2 that could survive 8 player Hell Cows, Diablo and Baal, around 1.07-9. With the same character I killed NM Diablo in 1 hit. Well, 2: I had the maul with %chance to cast amp, hit him with that once and he amped. I switched to my spear and killed him in 1 hit. I was helping my friends concentration paladin rush through NM, so I had that, the amp, deadly strike/critical hit, etc. Was awesome.

Page- on
    stream
    edited July 2006
    yalborap wrote:
    Rehab wrote:

It's not so much a story as a concept I took way too fucking far. You've seen the hidden sword familiar in Symphony of the Night, right? And how it has that special attack that effects the entire screen? Listen to what he says when you do it. "Gather, brother soulblades!"

I have one fuck of an imagination. I very quickly wondered about these other soulblades, what kind of weapons they might be like and such. This led to me thinking up a few. I currently have 6 made, three of which are used by major characters I use in some of my various stories.

Of course, being the insane little bugger I am, I took it even FARTHER. I thought they needed a way to fight on their own as efficiently as in the hands of a wielder. So, I quickly created armors...Soul armors. Rei-yorois. Each of these weapons I've created has one, based on their design, personality(I also gave them personalities), and how they fight best. For instance, the first one I made, Akurabe. Jibberish in actuality, but it sounds cool. Anyways, the weapon is this big, triangular beast. We're talking anime or Soul Caliber lengths here. Five feet long, weighs 200 pounds, made of this crazy stone that is also my own design. (Roughly looks a bit like this: |\ With the bottom being where the hilt is, and the slanted part being the blade) It got this big, bulky black and gold armor.

...You see, this is why you need to make sure your children never have too much free time on their hands.

D:

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006

Yeah I suck.
    I'm not much better- from what I've heard, I'm positive several people have probably managed to pull this off- but mine from the original thread is taking two WarioWare Original games to terminal velocity (meaning, the game can't go any faster). Spunky Monkey to 100, and Button Masher to 301.

Since then, I came in 2nd in a Soul Calibur tourney (my first tournament). Thing was, I'd never picked up a Dreamcast before that day.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Giga GopherGiga Gopher Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I've got one that is more of a personal achievement than a really huge one. I played a LAN game of Counter-Strike and it was 2 on 2 (my brother and I versus his two friends). We were playing against the supposed "good" people, like, omg fucking hax good. Anyway, we played about 10 rounds on De_Dust and I bought the AK. Six out of those ten rounds were won by me only using two bullets for each round. I got some of the sweetest head shots I had ever done in those rounds.

Made me feel pretty good afterwards :)

Giga Gopher on
    My friend's band - Go on, have a listen
    Cannon+Goose.png
    Oh it's such a nice day, I think I'll go out the window! Whoa!
    edited July 2006
    Page- wrote:
    Here's something slightly more . . . actual. I made a Fendazon in D2 that could survive 8 player Hell Cows, Diablo and Baal, around 1.07-9. With the same character I killed NM Diablo in 1 hit. Well, 2: I had the maul with %chance to cast amp, hit him with that once and he amped. I switched to my spear and killed him in 1 hit. I was helping my friends concentration paladin rush through NM, so I had that, the amp, deadly strike/critical hit, etc. Was awesome.

That sounds like a fine Diablo 2 character right there. What do you mean by Fendazon though? From your desciption I would have to guess that it is either a Barbarian or an amazon character but the terminology you used there is alien to me. I had a pretty good Paladin character going myself that was around level 70 or so. Never got to the point where I could kill Nightmare Diablo in 2 hits though, that is extemely good. I can only imagine how much damage your are dealing with that maul weapon.

Diablo 3 can't come out soon enough as well. Hopefully Blizzard will at least have it out by sometime next year. I have seen advertisements for it but seeing as this is Blizzard we're talking about the game could be coming out anytime between now and 2010. We still don't even know what the hell happened to Starcraft: Ghost exactly.

Rehab on
    edited July 2006
    thorpe wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    Rehab wrote:

D:

That is uh . . . I'm not sure honestly. I would have to go with a good mesh of obsessive and scary there I guess. Looking past that I guess the point that we can all come to is that Soul Calibur rocks. You should let Namco know about your thorough description of the history of the Soulblade though to see what they have to say.

Heh, this kind of reminds me of the person that made that 30+ page paper about the Grand Theft Auto series in his free time and then made a thread about it. I would conceed that you have a stronger grasp on your sanity though. Well, you would almost have to really.

Rehab on
    edited July 2006
    Rehab wrote:
    thorpe wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    Rehab wrote:

D:

That is uh . . . I'm not sure honestly. I would have to go with a good mesh of obsessive and scary there I guess. Looking past that I guess the point that we can all come to is that Soul Calibur rocks. You should let Namco know about your thorough description of the history of the Soulblade though to see what they have to say.

Heh, this kind of reminds me of the person that made that 30+ page paper about the Grand Theft Auto series in his free time and then made a thread about it. I would conceed that you have a stronger grasp on your sanity though. Well, you would almost have to really.

Well, their living weapons have their own history. Mine is just an offshoot of that damn familiar from SotN.

yalborap on
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I used to drive around setting up free Mario Kart challenges at Lan parties and gaming conventions. First to 10 wins with a top prize of $1K.

www.mario-kart.net/challenge (if its still up)

Dr Mario Kart on