As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

(¯`º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º SPARKLE MOTION [CHAT]!!!! º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º´¯)

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Wash wrote:
    Podly wrote:
    this absolutely crazy girl I was hooking up with over the summer was deathly afraid of fish

like, she couldn't go to chinatown because they just have the fishmongers setting up shop in the street

god she was fucking bonkers

why were you hooking up with her if she was bonkers?

Crazy women are meant to be good in bed.

:|

They aren't any better in bed then sane women.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    mrflippy wrote:
    Ocean scares me too. More in that I wouldn't want to be out of sight of land. I also don't like salt water.

Freshwater for life, yo.

I'm pretty sure you can be out of sight of land on freshwater.

you know land is p close in any direction

Basically.

Like, I'll raft over the most insane bullshit you care to throw at me (because I'm dumb), but I'd be pretty uncomfortable sailing on the open ocean.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    wandering wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    The first time I sailed solo past the sight of land, I was in awe of how empty things were. How very alone I was at that moment. That was my first thought. My second thought is that if I decided to go without pants then no one would see or care. My third thought was that was a good way to get sunburned.
    Don't underestimate satellites

I would be more worried about a sub at periscope depth.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Feral that picture is both goofy and fucking terrifying.

My dad used to go into paranoia mode once in a while about criminals. Like, he'd hear or see something in the backyard and he'd tell me and my mom to go hide in a room while he'd go into the back with his gun because there might be somebody sneaking about!

99% of the time, it was nothing, 1% of the time it was a stray dog. Sometimes he'd shoot the dog if he thought the dog was a threat to our animals.

I think when I was a kid, my brain developed this idea that there could be a creepy scary thing in the backyard at any time! and it didn't matter much whether that scary thing was a criminal or an alien.

What about a criminal alien?

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I love looking out and seeing an uncluttered room.

Having a shitload of gear was cool, but actually being able to use your gear is cooler.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote:
    I fucking LOVE crazy bitches

hot and crazy is catnip to me

What'd she order?

Dat fish fillet.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    One of the related videos for squishy baff was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HECa3bAFAYk

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Feral that picture is both goofy and fucking terrifying.

maybe it's the sense of exposure. it's like the eye of fuckin' Sauron up there looking down at you.

rRwz9.gif
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    What if my special talent is not being especially talented
    Don't worry you'll suddenly discover that you have an amazing special talent that you were born with and that you never practiced or even knew that you had and you'll save the telethon

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    that magic wand is kind of a dick

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    Don't worry you'll suddenly discover that you have an amazing special talent that you were born with and that you never practiced or even knew that you had and you'll save the telethon

But first he has to accept that he's a very manly muppet.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'm fine with the open ocean.

ftOqU21.png
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Anyone else get these vague paranoia filled ads on tv from News America that were funded by "trusted wealthy person who has had correct predictions before"? They're very annoying and slightly scary in that they're appealing to the crazy population deliberately.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    wandering wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

But first he has to accept that he's a very manly muppet.

this sounds like commie muppet talk

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Anyone else get these vague paranoia filled ads on tv from News America that were funded by "trusted wealthy person who has had correct predictions before"? They're very annoying and slightly scary in that they're appealing to the crazy population deliberately.

Yeah I have had to look those ads up and explain why the guy is a loon to a few people I never thought would fall for that stuff

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Thanatos wrote:
    Also, they just did an anniversary edition of those Scary Story books, and got rid of all of the awesome pictures, and ceased publication of the old ones. Such fucking bullshit.

That is terrible! I need to get copies of the old ones before they become collector's items and cost a fortune.

Haha, look at the Amazon page

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0060835206/

Every single review is one star, complaining about the loss of the incredible illustrations.
    Those are just the previewed reviews.

It's actually 70 5-star reviews to only 25 1-star reviews. However, I looked through the 5-star reviews, and most of them talk about how awesome the old illustrations are, not even mentioning the new ones.

Also, the old ones are already going for ridiculous amounts of money on E-Bay.

Thanatos on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Does everybody remember some book from childhood that creeped them out?

I had a creepy book when I was a kid, too.

It was one of those 'unsolved mysteries' books that was about ghosts and aliens and demonic possession and spontaneous combustion and other X-Files-ish stuff.

One of the pictures that creeped me out from it was a pencil drawing of the Flatwoods Monster. it may have been this drawing, or a similar one: http://www.wvculture.org/goldenseal/fall02/images/graybarker.jpg

Communion scared the absolute shit out of me when I was young.

Before that, there was some story I read where a huge dead finger comes out of a chest or something... I just have the image of the pale dead finger with a claw, a giant thing reaching out of a chest way too small to hold whatever body that finger is attached to. Blargh!

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    what is up

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Jacob, does the thought of a vast planet looking down on you actually being an eye for some incomprehensibly enormous being freak you out?

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    In my favorite anime, there is a shot of a kid who realizes he is no longer in Kansas anymore when he hangs around outside and sees a GIANT BLOATED SUN ON THE EARLY STAGES OF NOVA
    1zxy14y.jpg

It left quite an impression.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Wash wrote:
    Podly wrote:
    this absolutely crazy girl I was hooking up with over the summer was deathly afraid of fish

like, she couldn't go to chinatown because they just have the fishmongers setting up shop in the street

god she was fucking bonkers

why were you hooking up with her if she was bonkers?

Crazy women are meant to be good in bed.

That is how the crazy gene spreads.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    what is up

six foot
    seven foot
    eight foot
    punch

edited February 2012
    Feral wrote:
    One of the related videos for squishy baff was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HECa3bAFAYk
    That cat looks like it came out of an anime. So cute!

Organichu wrote:
    what is up

six foot
    seven foot
    eight foot
    punch
    Daylight come and me wan' go home.

Thanatos on
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    "Don't you ever laugh as the hearse goes by,
    For you may be the next one to die.
    They wrap you up in a big white sheet
    From your head down to your feet.
    They put you in a big black box
    And cover you up with dirt and rocks.
    All goes well for about a week,
    Then your coffin begins to leak.
    The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out,
    The worms play pinochle in your snout,
    They eat your eyes, they eat your nose,
    They eat the jelly between your toes.
    A big green worm with rolling eyes
    Crawls in your stomach and out our eyes.
    Your stomach turns a slimy green,
    And pus pours out like whipping cream.
    You'll spread it on a slice of bread,
    And this is what you eat when you are dead."

IT TOOK ME 20 YEARS TO FORGET THAT.
    GODDAMN YOU

I used to love all that dark, surrealistic art back in the day. When I worked at the bookstore, I'd buy pretty much anything Morpheus published. I was way into Yerka and Beksinski. Sadly, most of those books didn't survive college.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Semi-rural places terrify me. Like, I'm fine with being in a forest or something. But the margins of suburban towns, where CLEARLY all the crazy skin-wearing rapists hide? Jaysus, I'll take fucking bed-stuy in the 80's at night over that shit.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    The most frightening thing I remember from being a little kid was the great movie ride at disney world. I assume they have a similar one at land and most of the others, but the idea is that you go are in this little car thing and you go through all these kind of sets that represent different genre of films, and there's a person like, driving the car and narrating stuff for you.

Anyways, everything's all well and good until you get into the sort of James Cagney era gangster flicks and you come to this scene where there's supposed to be this bank robbery or something, and there's a police shootout. Anyway, some actor dressed like a 20s gangster comes out and hijacks your car with a big tommy gun looking cap gun. It's awful, and anytime I went to disney world with my family I always got to hear about how when I was little whenever we went on it when the mob guy came and took over I'd always be freaked out and curled up on the ground and bawling.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    B:L wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Holy crap rosetta stone just throws you right into the fucking deep end.

I did the first lesson today and like, having studied japanese before, being enrolled in a japanese class currently, and studying on my own time I could barely keep up with it.

What an awful way to start.

I heard Rosetta sucks for Japanese.

It seems really bad, it feels like they are trying to teach me japanese like it is spanish. It's all ass backwards.

But it is free so I shall give it at least a few more tries.

what is up

Sup blood.

Abdhyius wrote:
    speaking of skyboxes in ME1 and ME2
    When the Derelict reaper was revealed - God, what a cool place. An ancient evil derelict in the athmosphere of a brown dwarf! - I squeed with joy

they foreshadowed that thing in such a cool way in ME1

Foreshadowed how?

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Also, they just did an anniversary edition of those Scary Story books, and got rid of all of the awesome pictures, and ceased publication of the old ones. Such fucking bullshit.

That is terrible! I need to get copies of the old ones before they become collector's items and cost a fortune.

Every single review is one star, complaining about the loss of the incredible illustrations.

It's actually 70 5-star reviews to only 25 1-star reviews. However, I looked through the 5-star reviews, and most of them talk about how awesome the old illustrations are, not even mentioning the new ones.

Amazon uses the same reviews for reprints and new editions. None of the 3+ star reviews that I saw were for the new edition.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    Podly wrote:
    Semi-rural places terrify me. Like, I'm fine with being in a forest or something. But the margins of suburban towns, where CLEARLY all the crazy skin-wearing rapists hide? Jaysus, I'll take fucking bed-stuy in the 80's at night over that shit.

Last House on the Left imbued me with a similar fear.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    what is up

Sup blood.

work is in a tizzy because the board and the ceo and whatnot are going to be here tomorrow

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:

Gonna have you visit my home town of 1500 and make ghost noises the whole time.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    TehSloth wrote:
    The most frightening thing I remember from being a little kid was the great movie ride at disney world. I assume they have a similar one at land and most of the others, but the idea is that you go are in this little car thing and you go through all these kind of sets that represent different genre of films, and there's a person like, driving the car and narrating stuff for you.

Anyways, everything's all well and good until you get into the sort of James Cagney era gangster flicks and you come to this scene where there's supposed to be this bank robbery or something, and there's a police shootout. Anyway, some actor dressed like a 20s gangster comes out and hijacks your car with a big tommy gun looking cap gun. It's awful, and anytime I went to disney world with my family I always got to hear about how when I was little whenever we went on it when the mob guy came and took over I'd always be freaked out and curled up on the ground and bawling.

Isn't that the ride that had the ALIEN??

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote:

Ha, I thought that part was awesome. Doesn't he shoot his tommy gun at aliens in the sci-fi section and then get iced in the mummy section after trying to steal some cursed jewel?

Thanatos wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

Amazon uses the same reviews for reprints and new editions. None of the 3+ star reviews that I saw were for the new edition.
    That seems like it would be false advertising.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    But currently the DS game my dad bought for me is kicking the shit out of rosetta stone.

A DS game.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    spool32 wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    Does everybody remember some book from childhood that creeped them out?

I had a creepy book when I was a kid, too.

It was one of those 'unsolved mysteries' books that was about ghosts and aliens and demonic possession and spontaneous combustion and other X-Files-ish stuff.

One of the pictures that creeped me out from it was a pencil drawing of the Flatwoods Monster. it may have been this drawing, or a similar one: http://www.wvculture.org/goldenseal/fall02/images/graybarker.jpg

Communion scared the absolute shit out of me when I was young.

Before that, there was some story I read where a huge dead finger comes out of a chest or something... I just have the image of the pale dead finger with a claw, a giant thing reaching out of a chest way too small to hold whatever body that finger is attached to. Blargh!
    For a second I thought you meant you were scared of holy communion

The thought of eating a wafer and that wafer morphing into Jesus and Jesus body parts clawing out of your body is pretty scary

wandering on
This discussion has been closed.