As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

(¯`º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º SPARKLE MOTION [CHAT]!!!! º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º´¯)

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:
    Semi-rural places terrify me. Like, I'm fine with being in a forest or something. But the margins of suburban towns, where CLEARLY all the crazy skin-wearing rapists hide? Jaysus, I'll take fucking bed-stuy in the 80's at night over that shit.

Gonna have you visit my home town of 1500 and make ghost noises the whole time.

I'd be more afraid of the ticks in your home town.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    B:L wrote:
    In my favorite anime, there is a shot of a kid who realizes he is no longer in Kansas anymore when he hangs around outside and sees a GIANT BLOATED SUN ON THE EARLY STAGES OF NOVA
    1zxy14y.jpg

It left quite an impression.

What anime is this

yGxvf.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    the shadow beast in wizard of earthsea scared me when I was little

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I remember Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark pretty fondly. I had this other one that had been my Dad's when he was a kid, called Alfred Hitchcock's Haunted Houseful. The cover (sans jacket text):
    3855235416_a81c8d3658_o.jpg

Pictures from inside:
    3855235730_caa4fd47a8_o.jpg

3854445985_2b5aebfb78_o.jpg

HH5.jpg

The stories themselves were a grab bag and some of them were only very loosely "scary." They had an excerpt from the cave sequence in Tom Sawyer, for instance, and the "Red-Headed League" Sherlock Holmes story. Others were pulp stories from those old 30s and 40s magazines.

Weirdly, a lot of them were not actually supernatural as such, but more sinister, like a Poe story. There was one that freaked me out called "The Mystery in Four-and-a-Half Street." It was about a kid who takes a summer job in a seedy pawnshop by the docks, with a creepy boss who constantly had sinister characters coming to call at all hours. One night the kid forgets his backpack or something and goes back in after hours to get it and someone's breaking into the place and hears the kid and he has to hide in the grandfather clock in the corner. It turns out that something something jewel thieves something something secret gang lair, nothing actually supernatural or even really scarier than your average Hardy Boys mystery, but the whole story was shrouded in an atmosphere that I loved. Foggy city wharves, distant horns, strange sailors lurking in shadowed doorways - I love that shit.

rRwz9.gif
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:
    Podly wrote:
    Semi-rural places terrify me. Like, I'm fine with being in a forest or something. But the margins of suburban towns, where CLEARLY all the crazy skin-wearing rapists hide? Jaysus, I'll take fucking bed-stuy in the 80's at night over that shit.

For real. I got lyme twice as a kid!

Eventually you are desensitized, after years of finding them crawling all over you and bitten in. Pulling 4 or 5 off your dog every single day.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Podly wrote:
    I fucking LOVE crazy bitches

hot and crazy is catnip to me

wait till one of them pulls a knife

yeeaaaaah, crazy just does not seem worth it

now, aggressive and sportingly argumentative...

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Foggy Wharves is a good band name

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    B:L wrote:
    In my favorite anime, there is a shot of a kid who realizes he is no longer in Kansas anymore when he hangs around outside and sees a GIANT BLOATED SUN ON THE EARLY STAGES OF NOVA
    1zxy14y.jpg

It left quite an impression.

What anime is this

Now and Then, Here and There.

It's on Netflix instant stream, but lemme warn you that it's an emotional rollercoaster with some dark subject matter.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote:
    The most frightening thing I remember from being a little kid was the great movie ride at disney world. I assume they have a similar one at land and most of the others, but the idea is that you go are in this little car thing and you go through all these kind of sets that represent different genre of films, and there's a person like, driving the car and narrating stuff for you.

Anyways, everything's all well and good until you get into the sort of James Cagney era gangster flicks and you come to this scene where there's supposed to be this bank robbery or something, and there's a police shootout. Anyway, some actor dressed like a 20s gangster comes out and hijacks your car with a big tommy gun looking cap gun. It's awful, and anytime I went to disney world with my family I always got to hear about how when I was little whenever we went on it when the mob guy came and took over I'd always be freaked out and curled up on the ground and bawling.

Ha, I thought that part was awesome. Doesn't he shoot his tommy gun at aliens in the sci-fi section and then get iced in the mummy section after trying to steal some cursed jewel?

YES!! He goes to steal some jewel and then dissapears in a puff of smoke and then your original cheery driver person comes back and is like, lol, movie magic.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Wash wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Podly wrote:
    I fucking LOVE crazy bitches

hot and crazy is catnip to me

wait till one of them pulls a knife

yeeaaaaah, crazy just does not seem worth it

now, aggressive and sportingly argumentative...

Agreed on that.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I want Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark tattoos.

Psn:wazukki
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Jacob, does the thought of a vast planet looking down on you actually being an eye for some incomprehensibly enormous being freak you out?

my first thought is that I want to dig a hole in the ground and hide. Obviously this is a life-supporting moon so there's nothing to really fear from that planet except radiation but that's only the second thought I have.

rRwz9.gif
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:

Look at those rubber band wrists! You rarely see that outside of infants!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Buddy is getting married in Sonoma later this year. Awesome!

Getting asked to spend $400 for two nights in a hotel? Not so awesome.

I mean it's not like I can't afford it, but still, kinda asking a lot.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:
    Podly wrote:

For real. I got lyme twice as a kid!

Eventually you are desensitized, after years of finding them crawling all over you and bitten in. Pulling 4 or 5 off your dog every single day.

I had it once. I don't really remember it. And the town I grew up in was a bit bigger but rural New England is a different place then say rural Tennessee.

I have in fact had a knife pulled on me! That was this Iranian crazy chick who was this super hot spoiled rich 19 year old who just COULDN'T accept the fact I didn't want to date her. Like, it tore a hole in the fabric of the universe for her.

Luckily I was able to calm her down.

And then never saw her again.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    The Poe story about the guy who bricks up a fat drunk guy in a wine cellar creeped me out as a kid

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    somebody posted a willy wonka song in the SE ME3 thread and that reminded me of something else i found frightening in my youth

willy wonka

not the boat ride thingamabob

the fat kid stuck in the chocolate tube

dear jesus

sherry

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Organichu wrote:
    So It Goes wrote:
    it is a crime that Whitney is still on the air

doesn't she fuck a lot on it

i'm sure that's what keeps people coming back
    She intends to fuck a lot on it, and she dresses in slutty bedroom play outfits a lot...

but their life is weird and awkward and they don't really have all that much sex because despite them being very attractive young people in love, they get awkward and goofy when it comes to the sexing and end up injuring each other or turning each other off more than actually doing it.

The show is so unrealistic that it burns.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    SUP DUDES

work for the day is DONE

as in

GOOEY DONE CRUSHED IT

919UOwT.png
    wandering wrote:
    The Poe story about the guy who bricks up a fat drunk guy in a wine cellar creeped me out as a kid

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/139886/should-i-purchase-this-wine/p1

rRwz9.gif
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    The Cask of Amontillado

i had a scorpion crawl into my jeans over night

then when i got up and put them on he crawled onto my stomach and started stinging me

that is my scary bug story

919UOwT.png
    syndalis wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    So It Goes wrote:

She intends to fuck a lot on it, and she dresses in slutty bedroom play outfits a lot...

but their life is weird and awkward and they don't really have all that much sex because despite them being very attractive young people in love, they get awkward and goofy when it comes to the sexing and end up injuring each other or turning each other off more than actually doing it.

I feel bad for the supporting cast on that show. They do a decent job but the material is weak as a fuck and Whitney just isn't funny.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    i have a 630-730 meeting

worst

poop work

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    wandering wrote:

The Cask of Amontillado

Best revenge story ever.

there

i changed my theme so i wouldn't step on that other krieger-guy's toes

• msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    LoL tournament this weekend, should I gocompete?

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    I wish ME3 multiplayer was like Portal 2's, in that PS3 users could play with PC users

because there will be no one to mass effect with for me

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    My worst bug story was having a little gnat or fly or something fly inside my ear when I was 10 or so. God it was the most awful thing ever. Finally had to drown the bastard with alcohol. So much D:

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    syndalis wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    So It Goes wrote:

I feel bad for the supporting cast on that show. They do a decent job but the material is weak as a fuck and Whitney just isn't funny.

If they went NYPD Blue level nudity and just let the show be about an unmarried couple who fucks all the time without worry of kids, it would be more interesting than the current format. And that really isn't a high bar.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    i have a 630-730 meeting

worst

poop work

me too!

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    oh chu

OH CHU

also do it mya

obF2Wuw.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    fortunato wasn't very fortunate was he

geddit

geddit

Organichu wrote:
    there

you were here first, bro

is everybody from philly a punk like you

919UOwT.png
    i had bed bugs

that is the worst bug story

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    Gooey wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    there

you were here first, bro

is everybody from philly a punk like you

but he came up with the avatar first!