As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Big [House] in the big house. [SPOILER rules in OP]

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Wilson will be House's last patient.

House will get it wrong, Wilson will die. Fill in the blanks after.

I... I want that to happen and yet feel really bad about it. But I think that might be the only way you can go out on this show.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Christ now I don't want to watch the finale.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    If they had saved the Cuddy storyline they could've ended with that. It was a high note, House was seemingly free of addiction, hope for tomorrow.

But it's stretched out past that, half a season isn't enough to get it back. A "happy ending" will be very hollow. Even a Station Agent ending might be a bit hollow.

Lh96QHG.png
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Most recent episode:
    So I guess House's Russian Bride will be sticking around for the rest of the series? Or it gives them another out to end the series with him back in prison. Though he does seem to actually care about her now, I don't remember him even mentioning the $30,000 after they were caught and only showed concern about her potentionally being deported.

Lars on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Lars wrote:
    Most recent episode:
    So I guess House's Russian Bride will be sticking around for the rest of the series? Or it gives them another out to end the series with him back in prison. Though he does seem to actually care about her now, I don't remember him even mentioning the $30,000 after they were caught and only showed concern about her potentionally being deported.
    Yeah, I get the feeling he really likes her. I hope she isn't his downfall though; there is enough old baggage to take him down that I don't want Jazzercizing Russian Chick to be the reason the show ends.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    What the hell? Did House get pre-emptied by NASCAR?

Yep. NASCAR got rained out and started late.

• the_Frollothe_Frollo Riiiiiight.... THERE.Registered User regular
    There is no cure for 13.
    Or is there? She has found this experimental cure: reanimation of dead or broken neural connection. Might cure his leg for good.
    He uses 13 as his guinea pig, but something goes horribly wrong....
    BAM! ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
    13 -> Zombie Zero, Queen of all undead
    House Van Helsing
    Chase with a shotgun.
    Taub must keep the secret that his daughters are minizombies now.
    Wilson disapproves, but goes along with it.

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Next week on House: The team diagnoses the failure of Penzoil's new synthetic motor oil with special guest star Nascar Jones! *sigh*

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Lars wrote:
    Most recent episode:
    Yeah, I get the feeling he really likes her. I hope she isn't his downfall though; there is enough old baggage to take him down that I don't want Jazzercizing Russian Chick to be the reason the show ends.
    After the hearing, when House turns to her and is about to ask if she meant it, and she admits to faking it, his face afterwards seem to indicate that he was disappointed. Match that with his face at the end up the episode, upon returning home to find her there. He isn't mad that she's rearranged his apartment (which completely goes against how he's reacted to these sorts of situations before) but rather he has a kind of resignation or grim acceptance to her being there.

It seems like bringing her back, and having him react to those moments, could be an indication of where the series is headed.

I say pay attention to how frequently the wife appears in the next few episodes. That'll tell us whether or not she is pivotal at the end.

I really don't want this series to end.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    If they had saved the Cuddy storyline they could've ended with that. It was a high note, House was seemingly free of addiction, hope for tomorrow.

But it's stretched out past that, half a season isn't enough to get it back. A "happy ending" will be very hollow. Even a Station Agent ending might be a bit hollow.

Agreed.

edited March 2012
    poshniallo wrote: »
    I've just started rewatching this - missed all of Season 7 I think.

I'm glad it's finishing, because it's very formulaic. I would enjoy it more if New Pretty Lady Doctor wasn't so annoying. She seems to be an amalgamation of Cameron and an idiot.

How is Adams' an idiot? She seems fine to me.

Harry Dresden on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular

I'm glad it's finishing, because it's very formulaic. I would enjoy it more if New Pretty Lady Doctor wasn't so annoying. She seems to be an amalgamation of Cameron and an idiot.

Tremendously judgemental, tactless, intrusive, naive.

E.g. her constant judgements on her patient's private lives, or her confusion that the blind guy recently was not beatified by his disability.

I figure I could take a bear.

Tremendously judgemental, tactless, intrusive, naive.

E.g. her constant judgements on her patient's private lives, or her confusion that the blind guy recently was not beatified by his disability.

She's a saint compared to House. He's got that down to an artform. The last part is a mistake, it doesn't bother me. No-one's perfect.

• poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    She's normal compared to House, but judgemental in a stupid way rather than his intelligent way.

I figure I could take a bear.
    edited March 2012
    She's normal compared to House, but judgemental in a stupid way rather than his intelligent way.

Well, she isn't as experienced, skilled or highly educated like House is IIRC. She can't be too perfect, either. She's already the prettiest cast member and is nowhere near as fucked up like 13 was. Something's gotta be a flaw.

Harry Dresden on
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Wilson will be House's last patient.

House will get it wrong, Wilson will die. Fill in the blanks after.

I... I want that to happen and yet feel really bad about it. But I think that might be the only way you can go out on this show.

Late to this discussion, but I think that's my preferred ending too. That or some sort of "Et tu, Brute?" moment that turns everyone against House permanently, and Wilson turning his back on him being the final straw that breaks him. But similar plotlines have been done before and everything worked out, and I don't have any faith that people responsible for the writing this season could pull off a rehash of an old scenario and make it meaningful.

The common thread seems to be that the finale needs to focus on House and Wilson's relationship, though. Which I think is best. The show has always been more about the characters than the actual medicine, and House and Wilson's relationship has always been the strongest, most consistent, and most prominent.

And I'm pretty sure 13's departure at the beginning of this season was meant to be her permanent departure from the show.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
    Bullio wrote: »
    And I'm pretty sure 13's departure at the beginning of this season was meant to be her permanent departure from the show.

It was.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I want a gif of the wall going up and Wilson's reaction.

chamberlain on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    The finale should just be the hospital burns down, not even under suspicious circumstances, just someone flips out over a huge bill and torches the place, or blows it up, or something like that.

Whole episode is House and Wilson, meandering around, being all philosophical about what this means.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So, I guess they announced only 8 more episodes after tonight (won't see the episode until tomorrow)

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Meh, it wasn't a very interesting episode.

I guess we're supposed to care about House's mother and father,
    whoever he is,
    but I just don't.
    Hopefully they'll just drop the who is House's dad mystery. I barely even remembered that his dead dad wasn't his dad or that the Scottish guy was his supposed father.

Invisible wrote: »
    Meh, it wasn't a very interesting episode.

I guess we're supposed to care about House's mother and father,
    whoever he is,
    but I just don't.
    Hopefully they'll just drop the who is House's dad mystery. I barely even remembered that his dead dad wasn't his dad or that the Scottish guy was his supposed father.
    I was worth it to have Wilson call House's Mom a slut.

Horrific eye trauma? Check.
    Blood vomit? Check.
    Mention of Lupus? Check.

House trifecta complete; next episode, please.

• Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    It was just announced that
    Olivia Wilde

will be returning for the series finale.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Even numbered seasons of House end with disasters/action drama; House gets shot, bus crashes, crane collapse. They might be cheap shots for drama, but I usually prefer them to the odd numbered 'quiet' finales! I kinda hope that holds true for season 8. Big disaster, House saves the day, or fails, or dies during it.

Also I should get caught up on season 8. I liked what little I saw of Charlyne Yi, but then I was like the one guy that liked Masters, so...

Oh brilliant
    It was just announced that
    Olivia Wilde

will be returning for the series finale.
    Suicide pact finale, ENGAGE!

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    So, this episode was really, really boring, and I'm kinda just waiting for the show to end now.

Also I should get caught up on season 8. I liked what little I saw of Charlyne Yi, but then I was like the one guy that liked Masters, so...

So did I.

Houn wrote: »
    So, this episode was really, really boring, and I'm kinda just waiting for the show to end now.
    I actually hoped he was sick.

Concur. It's pretty apparent they've been in butt-pulling mode for scripts this season (and the general theme being elaborate trickery among the team members and House has been flat as hell). At this point, one wonders if ending the series last season with Cutty's departure, the crash, and jail wouldn't have been for the best.

I swear to tiny little baby raptor Jesus that if the end of the series is basically just House euthanizing 13, I will be highly perturbed. There will be nerdrage, outrage, and faces claiming to have been slapped. Hitler will be mentioned, as will Mass Effect 3 and internet petitions.

• DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Concur. It's pretty apparent they've been in butt-pulling mode for scripts this season (and the general theme being elaborate trickery among the team members and House has been flat as hell). At this point, one wonders if ending the series last season with Cutty's departure, the crash, and jail wouldn't have been for the best.

I swear to tiny little baby raptor Jesus that if the end of the series is basically just House euthanizing 13, I will be highly perturbed. There will be nerdrage, outrage, and faces claiming to have been slapped. Hitler will be mentioned, as will Mass Effect 3 and internet petitions.

It'll end with a fade to black... and then a "19 Years Later" scene with Chase walking his children onto a train.

"Gregory Remy Chase, you were named after two doctors of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital..."

Decoy on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Best line of last night's episode:
    "Can you do an Australian accent?"

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I wondered why Wilson
    didn't catch on sooner. Because - really? The kid tells you at the end of the second meeting, that he loves you? Then he proceeds to tell you that he wants to move in with you and you never even talk to his mother about it? You just take it at face value?

The fact that House screwed with him was golden though :).

I just caught up to the latest episodes over the weekend. I stopped somewhere in the middle of last season. I even forgot I read somewhere that Cuddy was leaving. Watching this season - yeah, it might have been better to just end it with the accident. But since they know it will end this season, maybe they do something good with it.

And boy is Adams gorgeous.

Other than that House seems to get a little stale, I think it is time to end the show.

TheBigEasy on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Decoy wrote: »

It'll end with a fade to black... and then a "19 Years Later" scene with Chase walking his children onto a train.

"Gregory Remy Chase, you were named after two doctors of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital..."

You don't know how sad this made me.

• ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    And boy is Adams gorgeous.
    She's nice to look at, but I hate the way the character is written - she feels like an unmotivated, bland Frankenstein's monster made up from former female team mates, so that her only distinguishing feature in the end is her prettiness. (We've only seen the first five episodes of the final season so far, so I'm hoping she'll become more interesting.)

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    I am thinking
    he is going to follow his wife back to her country, possible to escape the law.

That might have been the Worst. Episode. Ever.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    No epiphany?

The epiphany came when
    Chase mentioned the weird teapot. That combined with the patients former yoga instructor GF caused House to connect the dots to the weird allergy fixing method. Bad shit in the tap water he used ended up being what fucked him up.

I might be slightly off, since I did watch it at 1am before going to sleep.

Regardless, the episode gave me a chance to see Amy Davidson outside of '8 Simple Rules..', so that's kind of a win.

jdarksun wrote: »
    Decoy wrote: »
    The epiphany came when
    Chase mentioned the weird teapot. That combined with the patients former yoga instructor GF caused House to connect the dots to the weird allergy fixing method. Bad shit in the tap water he used ended up being what fucked him up.
    Funny aside:
    I wonder how many people are using the nettie pots wrong. I've heard about them from lots of folk, and no one has ever mentioned using distilled water.

As someone with bad allergies (as well as a constant 'only one nostril is working' syndrome) the idea of using one of those gives me the creeps.