As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

(¯`º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º SPARKLE MOTION [CHAT]!!!! º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º´¯)

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Hey people who cook, if a recipe tells you to keep a pan covered while cooking is it okay if the pan lid has a little hole in it to let steam escape or will that fuck shit up?

Depends on what you're cooking... generally, if the steam can escape, whatever it is will cook down faster. That might be good (a chili or some kind of reduction) or it might be bad (soup, rice, small amounts of sauce that will dry out fast. ).

It's not baking though, so don't stress too much about it. Just keep an eye on whatever it is you're cooking.

I can't. The recipe, which is for chicken, says I can't open the lid while it's cooking. I guess if it's undercooked I can just cook it longer but I'd like to see if this recipe works. It claims to give you really moist chicken.

Than leave it shut. You don't want any more steam to escape than is absolutely necessary, if your goal is to have something moist. Letting the steam out cools the temp inside the pan and dries out (a little) whatever you're cooking.
    Fuck you, I'll open it if I want to.

Thomamelas wrote:
    I used to get stung by bees some what often. Fucking push mower and ground nests.
    I ran over an ant hill with one of those, once.

Don't do that.

Yeah, did that too. Even the black ants have a heck of a bite when there are a bunch of them.

leafcutter ants are the fucking worst

i will take a fire ant bite over a leafcutter any day of the week

(leaf cutter mounds are also great fun to blow up with firecrackers)

And then you see pictures of bullet ant gloves.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Variable wrote:
    obama wants $10 and then maybe I can have dinner with him according to this email

$10 will get you a picture of a plate of food.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    These pants are rapidly falling apart

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    obama wants $10 and then maybe I can have dinner with him according to this email

$10 will get you a picture of a plate of food.

It will also buy you even MORE emails from the president and his friends/family! Even more chances to give money!

Isn't that great?!

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Women's clothing is made with such shitty quality.

edited February 2012
    That billionaire Jewish guy in Vegas is mulling over whether or not to send Gingrich $10 million more to his Super PAC.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57380147-503544/adelson-plans-new-$10m-donation-to-gingrich-super-pac-sources/

... that much money down the toilet will surely lead to a clog.

emnmnme on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:

my fat fuckin' thighs wear out the thighs of my jeans within six months. it's awful.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    When I imagine "the FIFA player" I imagine a guy sitting in front of his screen wearing a track suit and frowning at his virtual team for being cunts

His friend is sitting next to him rolling a spliff and they're listening to early 90s rave music, maybe a Prodigy cassette

For some reason when I imagine soccer games it's always Britain and there's an Amiga 500 and track suits and it's 1992

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    there's gotta be a decent fifa resource out there

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Thomamelas wrote:

That is hilarious.

Also, props to fish & game for letting it go rather than shooting it.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Thomamelas wrote:

my fat fuckin' thighs wear out the thighs of my jeans within six months. it's awful.

Cut the legs off. Make nifty jean shorts.

... oh, wait. Canada.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I thought that NDT badass meme was Steve Harvey for the longest time

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    desc wrote:
    When I imagine "the FIFA player" I imagine a guy sitting in front of his screen wearing a track suit and frowning at his virtual team for being cunts

His friend is sitting next to him rolling a spliff and they're listening to early 90s rave music, maybe a Prodigy cassette

For some reason when I imagine soccer games it's always Britain and there's an Amiga 500 and track suits and it's 1992

i<3u

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    desc wrote:

a whole lot of college kids love fifa. in my dorm it got even more play than madden or halo or gears of war.

desc, your soccer imaginings probably all look and sound just like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMLCrzy9TEs

ok so i defaulted on a cell phone contract like six years ago. i paid it like four years ago.

now a new collections agency is contacting me. they're claiming to be collecting on the debt blah blah. i tell them it's already paid and when they ask for proof of payment, i tell them i want them to mail me proof of their ownership of the account before i send it over.

assuming they send me that and it's legit, is that the proper course of action? faxing them the check image from when i paid it years ago?

i'm kinda hesitant to relay financial data to this shady collections agency... but i also don't want a mark on my credit.

419832_787932739708_39708390_35749899_427940473_n.jpg

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    desc wrote:

a whole lot of college kids love fifa. in my dorm it got even more play than madden or halo or gears of war.
    In my dorm it was all about The New Tetris.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2012
    Thomamelas wrote:
    huh, surprised that it ran from a german shepherd. wouldn't have been shocked by a pyrenees but anyhoo.

Dynagrip on
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Local currency thread groping toward monetary economics circa... probably late 19th century. Ever so slowly. Looks like the mercantilism has returned with a vengeance, though.

aRkpc.gif
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I am stepping it up this time. First, I pounded the chicken, then I coated each breast in an olive oil and cajun spice concoction and I increased the amount of cajun spice because last time I barely tasted it. Now it's in the fridge marinating and I'll give it an hour or two before I cook it entirely in the pan with the lid on.

If this doesn't work then chicken is dead to me.

Thomamelas wrote:

Eh, it's more about crappy material. The male version of those jeans wouldn't wear out any where near so quickly.
    Feral wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:

That is hilarious.

Also, props to fish & game for letting it go rather than shooting it.

Man, that dog has earned a steak.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    desc wrote:

Fuckin' slag won't get me pint. And this side is shit! *throws controller*

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Sarksus wrote:
    I am stepping it up this time. First, I pounded the chicken, then I coated each breast in an olive oil and cajun spice concoction and I increased the amount of cajun spice because last time I barely tasted it. Now it's in the fridge marinating and I'll give it an hour or two before I cook it entirely in the pan with the lid on.

Cajun and olive oil are good, but if you were to add onion, garlic and soy sauce, then you would have something amazing on your hands. Also, cooking it covered shouldn't be nesessary.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    I am now wearing sweat pants until March, when the spring stuff comes in stores, 'cause I want to buy a skirt and stuff

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    desc, your soccer imaginings probably all look and sound just like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMLCrzy9TEs

Pretty much exactly like this, except with a breakdown in the middle of the song where it cuts to "Charly" for an interlude and then goes back.

Also the last time I played a sccer game was on the Amiga in the 90s so this probably has a lot to do with it.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

Cajun and olive oil are good, but if you were to add onion, garlic and soy sauce, then you would have something amazing on your hands. Also, cooking it covered shouldn't be nesessary.

Apparently if I keep it covered it will come out more moist, which is a problem I am having. Garlic is something I am considering but right now I want to keep it simple.

Sarksus wrote:

You dry out the chicken if you don't use a lid.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    desc wrote:

fucking manucians

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I want a FIFA wiki with a searchable database of every player's rating.
    Also I want to know how to maximize player growth over 3-5 seasons.
    Also I want to know how to make a set of media statements and manager decisions that will get me consistent Manager of the Month awards in career mode.

Also I want to know how to stop being terrible at free kicks.

• mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    I made chicken and dumplings last night. I didn't put in enough liquid so it was a bit dry, but still delicious.

Also, cooking stuff in butter = awesome.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

I cook chicken all the time without a lid. It never comes out dry as long as I defrost it all the way to room temperature, sear it properly, and take it off right when it's done. You get a better texture than the mushy lid-on cooking too.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:

Eh, it's more about crappy material. The male version of those jeans wouldn't wear out any where near so quickly.

Yeah, six months is silly, I put my jeans through hell and my thighs are plenty fat. They usually last for years, and even then they only usually go bad because I wear them to long so they drag ever so slightly, then the bottoms get worn and frayed, then a tear starts, and soon they're destined for either the trash or to become hideous shorts.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

I cook chicken all the time without a lid. It never comes out dry as long as I defrost it all the way to room temperature, sear it properly, and take it off right when it's done. You get a better texture than the mushy lid-on cooking too.

I almost always bake my chicken and it comes out great, but I have a fairly convenient little toaster oven I can throw a couple breasts into for 20-25 minutes.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    If women's clothing were made to last and didn't tear or unravel, how could they justify going on shopping sprees for new clothes?

emnmnme wrote:
    If women's clothing were made to last and didn't tear or unravel, how could they justify going on shopping sprees for new clothes?

I remember listening to a story a few years back about how guys get all kinds of stuff like stain resistance, wrinkle resistance, etc because it's pretty much the only way to get us to buy new pants.

And emnmnme the answer is seasonal fashions.

'Titanic' had just come out on VHS. My mom bought a copy, and me and the other children were watching it in the living room while my mom was visiting her friend Tena in the kitchen.
    Anyways, we were young, impressionable children, and we got to that one scene in the movie with the car with the hand on the foggy window...yeah, you know the one.

I wander, doe-eyed and curious, into the kitchen and ask my mom "Mommy...what were Jack and Rose doing in the car?" My mom sighs, looks her friend in the eye, and says "Tena, I'm gonna need a banana and a doughnut"

And that's why I don't eat breakfast anymore.

emnmnme wrote:

kelly.png

This discussion has been closed.