As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    parallax view is awesome, I should see if it's still on instant.

... jeez that memory I have of watching it is 3 years ago now.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    getsmart2.jpg

rRwz9.gif
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I've been wanting to see this movie for a while now!

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Variable wrote:
    parallax view is awesome, I should see if it's still on instant.

... jeez that memory I have of watching it is 3 years ago now.

I know, right? That's when I saw it too

rRwz9.gif
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was off the hook.

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    I knew it! Donald Glover has a voice cameo in an episode of Regular Show

and Mark Hamill is Skips

JKKaAGp.png
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Jacob, you are worse than the Holocaust.

You forgot the best spy fiction of all time: Archer!

Though, good on you for getting Alpha Protocol on there. I love that game so much.

Thanatos on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

It suffered at the box office from a serious case of silly name.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    mother of GOD give me a krogan soldier

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    No Three Days of the Condor? No Odessa File? Phooey and a shame upon your house.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    RMS Oceanic on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

It suffered at the box office from a serious case of silly name.

Also, it was too complex for regular moviegoers. I was not qualified to see that movie.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Needs more Our Man Bashir.

I love that episode so much.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    my experience with alpha protocol was like 6-8ish hours of me slowing down time and then killing everybody in sight with my silenced pistol

not a lot of spying but hey

919UOwT.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Needs more Our Man Bashir.

I love that episode so much.

The best bit is Avery Brook's little high pitched "Hah!"

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:

Though, good on you for getting Alpha Protocol on there. I love that game so much.

I started playing it and then was just like... eeeeeh.

Does it get more awesome or what

ftOqU21.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I still have a Prodigy cassette and a Cranes cassette that were bought in London when my dad took my sister and I to see England and Wales when I was a little gothy teenager.

As much as I cheerlead modern tech and the interbutt and mp3s, I have to admit that I've bought a hundred mp3 albums and barely listened to most

I spent a year wondering what the cranes sounded like after reading about them on a dead tree 'zine, then I saw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3USVDdMdTQY

On TV in a hotel room and stood transfixed the whole time it played and pretty much in that exact moment my entire life's aesthetic destiny was sealed and then I found a used cassette for like 8 pounds and bought it along with some concert bootlegs and listened to them over and over and over on the flight home on my walkman.

This post made more sense in the last thread than cut n pasted here.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

once you get past the first area (the middle east someplace?) it starts to get super awesome super quick

919UOwT.png
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

It's a terrific game. If you're playing on PC, it helps to have a controller, though.

rRwz9.gif
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The best American spy novel I've ever read is Norman Mailer's cold war doorstop: Harlot's Ghost. It's maybe his best book, and jumps around from Cuba to the US to CIA training to Berlin and takes in all the best cold war stuff, from MI6 traitors to LSD experiments to Castro to Rooskies and every damn thing.

It also ends on a never to be concluded cliffhanger, but fuck it.

i played it and got stuck on the hack minigame in the tutorial and promptly never touched it again

dark souls lasted longer

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    i like it desc

also, M83 is licensing the FUCK outta his album

good for him, on his flying private sex island

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    i played it and got stuck on the hack minigame in the tutorial and promptly never touched it again

dark souls lasted longer

O_o

o_O

O_o

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    What is with network cards wanting to use their very own special driver software, bluetooth cards wanting to use their very own special driver software, and freaking hard drives trying to override Windows Explorer interfaces? Don't people get annoyed enough at the printers and graphics units doing this?

Coexistence is one thing, but trying to absent your hardware wholly from native interfaces or worse, disable them, is just... aaaaaurgh.

aRkpc.gif
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    I loved cold war thrillers when I was younger. Ploughed through a ton of stuff by Craig Thomas, though I doubt they've aged particularly well. All dignified, ruthless old men sending sweaty, tense operatives into Berlin to track down some fucker and get them out. Tried some Tom Clancy as well, but Jesus Christ that guy writes, as Stephen King said of Jeffrey Archer, like old people fuck.

I have stew beef but it's too late in the day to make beef stew ... can I make a good stir fry using stew beef?

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    tumblr_lpab1eFoo21qhvhyoo1_r1_400.gif

Bogart wrote:
    I loved cold war thrillers when I was younger. Ploughed through a ton of stuff by Craig Thomas, though I doubt they've aged particularly well. All dignified, ruthless old men sending sweaty, tense operatives into Berlin to track down some fucker and get them out. Tried some Tom Clancy as well, but Jesus Christ that guy writes, as Stephen King said of Jeffrey Archer, like old people fuck.

Is Len Deighton any good?

rRwz9.gif
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Steven Segal has the best cheesy movie names. Out for Justice, Hard to Kill, On Deadly Ground. They all let you know that this movie is just mindless asskicking for 1 1/2 hours.

Elendil wrote:

this incenses me

you should have beaten the game seventeen times by now!

rRwz9.gif
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Jacob you forgot Marathon Man and Three Days of the Condor

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    Lupin is not a spy.

And then of course Le Carre makes pretty much everyone else look like rank amateurs.

I must get around to picking up the massive histories of MI5 and MI6 that came out in the last couple of years.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:
    i like it desc

also, M83 is licensing the FUCK outta his album

good for him, on his flying private sex island

Sometimes people talk to me about music or art and I'm nodding like I'm engaged but in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "This piece isn't even blurry and mournful."

Also yeah good on him

Pay them fuckin' bills doing a non-soul destroying job and you're doing the species and yourself both a favor

i read the spy who came in from the cold or whatsit and liked it but the lady character was terrible

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

this incenses me

you should have beaten the game seventeen times by now!

Jacob, I know you want to throw out an infraction for that

Do it. Give in to your hatred. /dark side.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    my dog's snores sound like industrial machinery

edited February 2012
    Zampanov wrote:
    Jacob you forgot Marathon Man and Three Days of the Condor

for some reason I don't think of Marathon Man as a spy movie even though it really is

no excuse for three days of the condor, though

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.