As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 and Thread All Over...Too...

• DarisDaris Registered User regular
    When you are in the dream world, your pokemon you sent in will have a little emoticon when you mouse over them. At a few hundred it's a smile and it is a heart as max I believe. Someone wrote a dream world guide on gamefaqs that offers specifics. It also includes how many points you get for each task.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    want to trade now daris?

steam_sig.png
    Sure, let me break out the DS.

Awsome! Now to start breeding my evee army!

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Restarted Heart Gold.
    Anyone got a Pichu they can trade to me? Can't get one until after the E4, which is kinda lame.

edited February 2012
    probably, I think I used it on my breeding chain in HG

EDIT: I have a bunch of pokewalker pikachus

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    I hate to badger you with more questions, @Ferquin ... but how does one check their Dream Points score? I've been using the Dream World from time to time (read: whenever I remember it exists) so I suppose I have some points accumulated.

On the Global Link page, click "Profile". Then click on the "Pokémon Dream World" tab (the purple one). Then look at the Status window (which shows the picture of your house). Your points are listed at the bottom.
    Also, is there any way to make those tutorial boxes stop showing up every dang time I log on? They are starting to get annoying.

I've noticed that it shows up if you try to log in on other computers. Also, clearing your cookies can make this happen too.

Ferquin N.C. Root
    edited February 2012
    Daris wrote:
    When you are in the dream world, your pokemon you sent in will have a little emoticon when you mouse over them. At a few hundred it's a smile and it is a heart as max I believe. Someone wrote a dream world guide on gamefaqs that offers specifics. It also includes how many points you get for each task.

The icon over your Pokémon just denotes their happiness. The more games you play with Pokémon you encounter, the better the icon. This icon will be displayed above your Pokémon when someone visits your house and sees your Pokémon. Here's the breakdown for points:

10 Points Watering Berries in other people's gardens
    20 Points Play games with Pokémon in the Island of Dreams
    30 Points Make Dream Pals with someone
    50 Points Log in to Global Link

So, if you want to rack up the points, log in every single day, play games with every Pokémon you encounter, and make sure to use all 20 uses for your watering can. For watering, I tend to check the Footprint Mat and visit people who've visited my house since I know they're active and have probably planted Berries recently so the chances of Berry bushes to water are higher there than just randomly going to houses.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
    So apparently you get elemental stones in Black & White off dust spots on cave floors. I guess stores fell out of fashion. Thankfully, I don't need many, and there are a few places to get one of each. I already have most of my eveelutions, and soon should have a full roster comprised almost entirely of my wonderful rabid genetic monsters.

You could get them there, but if you're fortunate enough to have specific Trainers inhabiting your Black City (only in Black Version of course), you can simply buy the stones.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Anyone have a shiny Eevee they want to trade?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    Shiny? I wish.

Do shiny mons that evolve stay shiny?

Ferquin wrote:
    You could get them there, but if you're fortunate enough to have specific Trainers inhabiting your Black City (only in Black Version of course), you can simply buy the stones.
    Supposedly the same items are randomly rarely laying around white forest.

And yeah, shiny mons stay shiny if they evolve

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, I know, but it's easier to just buy them in bulk instead of sniffing 'em out on the ground.

I miss my bustling Black City...

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    At some point, I should train up some of the new guys and get back into battling, if the online battles are worth doing now? Or is it still take six, see your opponent's lineup, take 3 into the fight?

The only 5th Gen that I trained was Mienfoo. I imported all my 'mons to Black too, so I can't battle on DPPt/HGSS anymore.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So for t his Nuzlocke challenge, how exactly does catching pokemon work? It says I can only catch one pokemon from a new area but what is a new area? Is a route a new area?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    At some point, I should train up some of the new guys and get back into battling, if the online battles are worth doing now? Or is it still take six, see your opponent's lineup, take 3 into the fight?

The only 5th Gen that I trained was Mienfoo. I imported all my 'mons to Black too, so I can't battle on DPPt/HGSS anymore.
    It's only worth it if you have means to get them all to level 100 and do unrestricted 6 vs 6 battles.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    So, I need to ask a huge favour of someone.

I'm trying to train up a Psychic team but I've just realised the Gardevoir I had planned to use needs moves only available from HG/SS move tutors. Normally not a problem but not only did I restart my SS a while ago and am nowhere near the Battle Frontier but I also transferred across all my halfway decent pokémon to Black version which leaves me kinda stuck.

Is there any chance someone here would be kind enough to grab me a Gardevoir of a Calm (or neutral) nature and teach it Heal Bell and Pain Split from the move tutors in HG/SS? Might be easiest if you've got an Action Replay so you can hack in BP and rare candies or what have you.

If anyone can do this I'd be super grateful, I can repay you with whatever you like really; got all the pokémon if you need to fill your 'dex, I can get battle subway items no problem, probably got a couple of shinies lying around somewhere if that's your thing.

Thanks

• RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I could probably RNG one for you, but it will have to wait because I'm busy trying to get a Jolly Tauros from the Entralink, and that shit is amazingly hard because desired natures are difficult to obtain.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    That would be great, I don't mind waiting around, still got the other 5 team members to breed up anyway.

Anything in particular you'd want in exchange?

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Anyone have a female Unaware Wooper/Quagsire they could send my way? Kinda want to make a few new Pokemon for when Nintendo (hopefully) fixes 6v6 Wifi battles in whatever next installment they're planning.

• DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    From the industry thread:
    Zephiran wrote: »
    So in closing, VGChartz is dumb unless they accidentally aren't.

Also, Pokemon Smash dropped a pretty big bomb, since it seems like they just announced that there's going to be numbered sequels for Pokemon Black and Pokemon White for the DS. Gaf is going crazy about it!

EDIT:

Official game site, I take it?

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/

Not sure I like the break from a third version to two sequels. Maybe it's Japanese April Fools day.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    That's awesome. Real sequels are better than a 3rd version.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    -Tal wrote: »

Don't hold your breath.
    These games might still be the "3rd version" of this generation, adding the usual fluff but not much else. They could've just decided to release two separate games again to print more money :P

Case in point: the US site lists them as "version 2", which doesn't really sound like a true sequel.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    While they're sequels, I'm going with the assumption that they're Gray and Grey until proven otherwise.

steam_sig.png
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    The hell do you mean 2!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    It'll be interesting to see if, since it is a sequel, it is the same trainer, and thus things carry over from your previous save (not just your pokemon via a trade). And if so, what happens if you played white 1 and continue into black 2?

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    plufim wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see if, since it is a sequel, it is the same trainer, and thus things carry over from your previous save (not just your pokemon via a trade). And if so, what happens if you played white 1 and continue into black 2?
    Yeah, that sounds like DSi/3DS enhanced functionality.

steam_sig.png
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    So, umm, I was watching Pokemon Sunday like I usually do when a game is going to be announced.

Yeah, we're probably getting these in December.

Also I changed the first post to reflect this. (Ever wonder why I haven't updated it in awhile? Because of the forum switch over I had to delete about 8000 characters, so I'm just going to start fresh.)

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    I wonder how far you can go enhancing games for the 3DS/DSi. So far I think it's been little things like the camera and WPA. Be nice if there was some awesomeness to get from playing on one of the newer things.

If you were willing to put two seperate boots on the same cart (a fairly expensive proposition for something as "big" as Pokémon) you could use the DSi enhanced RAM and clock speed to make a significantly better game.

edited February 2012
    Maz- wrote: »

Don't hold your breath.
    These games might still be the "3rd version" of this generation, adding the usual fluff but not much else. They could've just decided to release two separate games again to print more money :P

Case in point: the US site lists them as "version 2", which doesn't really sound like a true sequel.

It's "Pokemon Black Version" "2", not "Pokemon Black" "Version 2"

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I have to say...those Kyurem forms are pretty ugly looking. But if the game is a legitimate sequel, and not just a third version released in two parts, I will actually be very happy.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    2? An honest to goodness Pokemon sequel? With a number in it? Shit be crazy.

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
    All we know right now is that it has Kyrum formes, is on the DS, and comes out soon.

I'm guessing more 3rd version than actual sequel. Still move tutors, new egg moves, battle frontier, all basically guaranteed.

Maz- wrote: »

Don't hold your breath.

It's "Pokemon Black Version" "2", not "Pokemon Black" "Version 2"

...I'm still going with "it's the third installment, not a true sequel" :P

Although I would've expected them to release it for the 3DS to boost the console's sales.

Somebody in the industry thread did point out the intriguing fact that Japanese site red and blue stones behind the logo. Some might even say they look like a ruby and sapphire.

N did fly to a new region in the ending. I would be totally cool with them folding RSE remakes into this and setting it in an upgraded Hoenn.

PNk1Ml4.png
    Man, having TWO full regions in one game would be crazy.

Crazy awesome.

(Gold & Silver don't count because Kanto was half-assed and shitty)

This discussion has been closed.