As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, [chat]

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    "if only the people I identify with worked with me to accomplish the interests I think we share".

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Emnmnme and I are making art.

Yeah ... yeah ... let's stick to that story when the cops show up: it's doesn't violate obscenity laws - it's art!

• Options
    also, latest SMBC. hahahahahaha

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    God you know what terrifies me

The idea that the American 'pro-life' groups win and then take on Canada

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I cannot wait, tonight I get to goof off for a bit.

This means more FF6.

You should totes sketch gau on the veldt after he comes back from jumping.

Although that bug may only work on the original cart, not sure how it works on later releases.

I'm still at the very beginning. So sketching Gau will have to wait until I get there.

Yeah, you've got quite a lot of game to get through before that point. I should get around to playing it again, I don't think I've actually played it all the way through since I was like... 8 or 9.

I'm trying to finish all the games I had bought but never completed. I have quite the backlog! I mean, I JUST finished FF7 last year and I had, had that since I was ...10?

Also, Twin Peaks, tonight.

It is one of my greatest shames that I've never finished 7. The one time I played it I was never able to find the temple of the ancients, like I'm pretty sure right before you go there you get the airship or at least a boat or something and I just wandered around and got completely lost and didn't know where I was going.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    "if only the people I identify with worked with me to accomplish the interests I think we share".

I have that! It's really great :D

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    It's like 80 degrees outside

Don't wanna sit in an office

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    It's the last 12 hours of FFVII that gets you. And by that I mean casting Knights of the Round with quadra magic (or w/e it was called) on the final boss and waiting for the cut scenes to end.

Ludious on
  • Options

beware infiltration of your civil service, then

it's a real, albeit low-probability (I think), risk. Certainly more plausible than an overt attempt to mobilize pro-life movements at a popular level in a socially liberal country

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Santorum getting the nomination is probably a better outcome than Obama could dream of honestly.

• Options
    Wash wrote: »

have, uh

what?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

have, uh

what?

synergy

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Feeling lousy and already having decided to take it easy this week (read: sleep some amount comparable to what an adult human needs)

last night, I just went to kick it at home and finally play some TF2

"Loadout unavailable." nooooooo :cry:

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Hum.

This chick seemed enthusiastic about receiving a message from me, but not super enthusiastic about hanging out on Saturday (though she agreed).

I'm gonna analyze this shit more because that can only possibly be good for me.

You need a distraction.

Somebody link this boy a webcomic series to delve into

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/

Here. It's been running every single day with zero interruptions for eleven years. Should keep you occupied.

I need to get back into that.

Art is becoming decent.

Good to know. At its beginning it looked awful.

More than awful.

Basically, skip like

the entire first year, atleast

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    So they're evaluating our staff for cuts this week. Apparently I'm not on the chopping block this time. I won't be at ease until they're gone and the decision is official, but I feel a bit better.

• Options
    Your avatar is appropriate for the subject-matter.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Arriety...good idea for a date movie if she enjoyed spirited away?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    ronya wrote:

it's a real, albeit low-probability (I think), risk. Certainly more plausible than an overt attempt to mobilize pro-life movements at a popular level in a socially liberal country

Eh, the pro-life groups here been working to set up networks in the UK for the last decade and change. Same with Australia. With more success in Australia apparently.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

Santorum getting the nomination is probably a better outcome than Obama could dream of honestly.

I remember thinking the same thing about W...

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Finally found a store here that got the 3G Vita bundles.

The Precious is mine.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    mrflippy wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Borderlands 2 is all like WUB WUB WUB

and I love it.

I've seen preview videos and it looks identical to the first one gameplay-wise. Do they at least have destructible environments now?

Who cares, Borderlands is all about listening to bandits scream up their own acid-liquified organs and driving your freinds off a cliff in a car.

Man, Borderlands is such a Halo ripoff.

I played the halo anniversary over chrismas with friends

god, i've missed the "lethal when moving at any speed" vehicles

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    yeah every time abortion is brought up seriously by somebody in parliament they get lolled at

australia way more religious than the uk

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012

have, uh

what?

A group - the group - of people I identify with who I'm currently working with to accomplish the interests we share.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:

Castle in the Sky:Laputa is a good one. I like Howl's Moving Castle as well. I mean if you want to stick with the whole Miyazaki theme.

Otherwise maybe something American and romantic?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

also if she's 8

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular

It seems to be getting good reviews, but the criticism is that it lacked the depth and gravity of Spirited Away and Mononoke, as it's more kiddy and light like Ponyo.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    B:L wrote: »

It seems to be getting good reviews, but the criticism is that it lacked the depth and gravity of Spirited Away and Mononoke, as it's more kiddy and light like Ponyo.

Yeah, don't want to go with that, then.

• Options
    It's based on the borrowers which I don't particularly remember being heavy handed.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

I remember thinking the same thing about W...

Nah, I didn't. W was an idiot but he was an idiot who was likeable and wasn't verse an incumbent President who can bust a tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhO1DnNKYbo

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ronya wrote:

Eh, the pro-life groups here been working to set up networks in the UK for the last decade and change. Same with Australia. With more success in Australia apparently.

It's one thing to set up overseas interest groups that lobby overtly for pro-life causes; it's another thing to set up non-obviously-pro-life groups that can establish credibility in a society where being pro-choice is taken for granted. Think filling the slots of Susan G. Kamen foundations with people whose primary lobbying activity might be toward other causes but who might also be pro-life. And then a Conservative government achieves power for unrelated reasons, has a ready pool of 'neutral'-ish people to appoint to key offices in the civil service (again, for non-conspiratorial reasons like burnishing "I've never voted Conservative before" credentials) - and then suddenly the establishment's conventional wisdom of a topic taken for granted shifts under your feet. It doesn't take a conspiracy, it's just the results of a random process when there is no pressure for a "are you pro-choice?" filter for abortion-relevant offices because it's no longer an issue.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Winky wrote:

Castle in the Sky:Laputa is a good one. I like Howl's Moving Castle as well. I mean if you want to stick with the whole Miyazaki theme.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D

• Options

You know her, we don't. It's a non-offensive seeming movie.

You gonna do dinner/coffee before or after?

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Porco Rosso is nice and also a love story.

With a pig and a lady too!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Winky wrote:

Truly something to get the juice running.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Winky wrote:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    First Origin and now taking out a pretty fucking major squad mate and selling it as launch day DLC? Fucking A EA. You NEVER want me to play ME3

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Porco Rosso is nice and also a love story.

With a pig and a lady too!

A pig and a lady and a girl who appreciates wooden airplanes waaay too much.

• Options

You know her, we don't. It's a non-offensive seeming movie.

You gonna do dinner/coffee before or after?

Was thinking dinner after a movie.

I don't know, what are good second date ideas?

It crossed my mind that I could invite her over to play scrabble or something, but I don't know about that.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Winky wrote:

Truly something to get the juice running.

I saw it. It has Christopher Lambert in it, being Christopher Lambert. It was awful but Christopher Lambert.

This discussion has been closed.