As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, [chat]

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Arriety...good idea for a date movie if she enjoyed spirited away?

It seems to be getting good reviews, but the criticism is that it lacked the depth and gravity of Spirited Away and Mononoke, as it's more kiddy and light like Ponyo.

Yeah, don't want to go with that, then.

Take a look at what movies your local theatres are offering if you're still planning on a movie night.

Looking at my local list... yeah there really doesn't seem to be many options. Maybe Hugo.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    First Origin and now taking out a pretty fucking major squad mate and selling it as launch day DLC? Fucking A EA. You NEVER want me to play ME3

Considering how much my friend who read the script when it was leaked the story will disappoint us all. Even me, who has mediocre expectations at best.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Money in my pocket like I'm 45

PSN: Honkalot
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Hugo comes out on DVD next Tuesday. Oh to live in a big city with theaters that play movies that long.

emnmnme wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Porco Rosso is nice and also a love story.

With a pig and a lady too!

A pig and a lady and a girl who appreciates wooden airplanes waaay too much.

It has really great scenery too, very very nice aesthetic to that film.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i just played through the Demo for Asura's Wrath.

i have no coherent comment to form at this time. I think i might purchase that game.

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Don't invite her over for Scrabble for a while, man. Not that it's a bad game or anything, but two people playing Scrabble, alone... you gotta be comfortable with a person first before you decide to do something so lacking in stimulation.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Clearly you play chess.

aRkpc.gif
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Yeah unless you're looking for a touchdown pass into the Friendzone don't play scrabble

ronya wrote: »
    Clearly you play chess.

at least the pieces are more phallic.

what

NO.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    First Origin and now taking out a pretty fucking major squad mate and selling it as launch day DLC? Fucking A EA. You NEVER want me to play ME3

What? Who?

Deebaser wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »

What? Who?

Either you buy the CE or pay $10 for access to a squadmate

A lot of people would consider this a spoiler
    it's a living prothean

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

i have no coherent comment to form at this time. I think i might purchase that game.

I hear it's like watching an anime movie while being able to push some buttons in between

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Ludious, ladder theory isn't exactly a welcome topic here, just so you know.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    I had no idea the new Rayman game is as good as it is. I haven't played a platformer this fun since...Mario 64, probably.

JKKaAGp.png
    I had no idea the new Rayman game is as good as it is. I haven't played a platformer this fun since...Mario 64, probably.

Ratchet and Clank games are pretty fun and awesome.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

I hear it's like watching an anime movie while being able to push some buttons in between

Yes, that was the demo.

And yet, it was glorious. I... hate myself for wanting this game. But the demo has you fighting a guy with a giant sword on the moon with this blaring in the background

Wait what? Ladder theory? I didn't say shit about Ladder Theory. I made a joke about scrabble being a boring date game and chess pieces looking phallic.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Ludious, ladder theory isn't exactly a welcome topic here, just so you know.
    Did you come in here just to see if there was something you could object to, or what

Also meta modding up in hurr

edited February 2012
    chutes-and-ladders.jpg
    puttin you in the friend zone since preschool
    look how those two girls look at the kid
    he's just tryin to have fun dammit
    but alas, he is now just a playground friend

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    ...ladder theory?

How's that related to saying that scrabble is a horrible date idea?

ftOqU21.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    ronya wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    ronya wrote:
    God you know what terrifies me

The idea that the American 'pro-life' groups win and then take on Canada

beware infiltration of your civil service, then

it's a real, albeit low-probability (I think), risk. Certainly more plausible than an overt attempt to mobilize pro-life movements at a popular level in a socially liberal country

Eh, the pro-life groups here been working to set up networks in the UK for the last decade and change. Same with Australia. With more success in Australia apparently.

It's one thing to set up overseas interest groups that lobby overtly for pro-life causes; it's another thing to set up non-obviously-pro-life groups that can establish credibility in a society where being pro-choice is taken for granted. Think filling the slots of Susan G. Kamen foundations with people whose primary lobbying activity might be toward other causes but who might also be pro-life. And then a Conservative government achieves power for unrelated reasons, has a ready pool of 'neutral'-ish people to appoint to key offices in the civil service (again, for non-conspiratorial reasons like burnishing "I've never voted Conservative before" credentials) - and then suddenly the establishment's conventional wisdom of a topic taken for granted shifts under your feet. It doesn't take a conspiracy, it's just the results of a random process when there is no pressure for a "are you pro-choice?" filter for abortion-relevant offices because it's no longer an issue.

It could happen via random chance but the odds of getting enough zealous people into those positions without someone fanning the flames of zealotry seems incredibly improbable. People have to care about the issue to trigger significant change, and anything less then significant change will simply be erased next time there is a power shift.

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Like, I have no authority whatsoever over what constitutes a good/bad date

but you've been out once, right, you're still getting to know each other, but maybe you don't know/ aren't especially comfortable around each other yet to spend an entire date chatting and talking about yourselves. Do a movie, then go to dinner - you can talk about the movie at dinner, that'll fill the lulls, plus you'll both grow more comfortable and less nervous while discussing a fluff topic.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the friend zone is a real place my friends

ive seen men... good men... sucked into it like a frightening vortex of unrequited sexual lust and unreturned favours

i had to put them down... hardest decision of my life, but they were men no more

THE FRIENDS IVE LOST SNIFF

obF2Wuw.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I just ate some cereal.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Friendzone is a ladder theory trigger word! or something.

Psn:wazukki
    I guess I'm the only one that didn't know that "friendzone" wasn't a part of normal American vernacular and is instead an insidious segue into ladder theory.

I don't see why the friend zone is such an offensive topic

I def. have friends who are friends who I wouldn't dream of banging

ftOqU21.png
    My theory about ladders:
    Don't walk under them - you never know!

Friendzone is like a DMZ. Not something you want to be in. Also lots of unrequited love in the form of artillery facing each other for years. SOME ONE JUST WANTS TO SHOOT THEIR GUNS!

u7stthr17eud.png
    just make sure you don't end up in a lady's autozone
    that gets really weird

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Friend zone is pretty unoffensive.

My theory:
    If all your friends are standing in a circle - then that is your friend zone.

• zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Arriety...good idea for a date movie if she enjoyed spirited away?

Don't watch movies on dates.

Abdhyius wrote:
    I don't see why the friend zone is such an offensive topic

I def. have friends who are friends who I wouldn't dream of banging

That is who I was hanging out with last night. I don't get it either.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Winky, you're in Chicago, right?

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    'Friend zone' is inoffensive.

Shoot, even most PUA shit you run into on Reddit is harmless confidence-boosting exercises and "basic human interaction 101, you nerds". It just happens to attract bitter woman-hating types.

If you don't think that being friendzoned is something real and something unhealthy you're crazy. I'm sure there are a lot of meatheads who talk it up and make it sound like you can't be friends with women and if you are you're a chump etc, but that's ON THEM. Men and Women friendzone Men and Women, some of them innocently, some of them on purpose. This has nothing to do with any pig headed theory about getting fucked.

68350593233447f56fd7z.jpg

ftOqU21.png
    Wait, Winky isn't the Field Museum free on Saturdays or something? Or an art museum. Both would be awesome.

Museums are not bad dates, lots of stuff to talk about.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.