As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CYOA] Space Australia: GAME. SET. MATCH.

1919293949597»

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    If somebody else wanted to run 2 Space 2 Australia, then I would be entirely fine with that. I am not precious about this thing. I'd rather people had fun with it. My only restriction is that you must call it 2 Space 2 Australia. The third in the series will be Space Australia: Martian Drift, and will be set during a return to the Sol system.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I had a great time following this Mojo! I really appreciate the time, care, and user input that you put into it. I had a great deal of fun.

VayBJ4e.png
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    This was great to follow Mojo! Thanks for the hard work and consistent updates!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    It would be pretty cool to see this turned into an ebook or something.
    Pages with narration, map, and status information. It was a pretty great story!

VayBJ4e.png
  • HaroquenHaroquen Registered User regular
    Loved it. Had amazing fun playing and reading and the end was amazing.

• RoonieRoonie Registered User regular
    Awesome job on this Mojo

• Jeep-EepJeep-Eep Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    If somebody else wanted to run 2 Space 2 Australia, then I would be entirely fine with that. I am not precious about this thing. I'd rather people had fun with it. My only restriction is that you must call it 2 Space 2 Australia. The third in the series will be Space Australia: Martian Drift, and will be set during a return to the Sol system.

Do you have any plans for an offical sequel? I mean, you mentioned arks, after all. It'd be nice to see what dribs and drabs they squelched together for the Cain or Biden, and how they did after planetfall.

I would rather be accused of intransigence than tolerating genocide for the sake of everyone getting along. - @Metzger Meister
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Great game Mojo, really enjoyed playing.
    Wish we had picked a better bonus to start though, it seems the extra population didn't really do much to help us out, and cost us a lot of terms just trying to keep ourselves fed and sheltered especially in the early game.
    It may have driven us to explore a bit further and faster then we otherwise would have, but it seemed to be much more of a hindrance then the other bonuses would have. It's not like we were ever hit with a "You don't have enough people" message. Don't think we went over 50% employment at any time.

• wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    In fairness we did kill a fair few in our death mines. Maybe if we had the homesteaders mechanic from the beginning the population would have been of greater benefit.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    We would've missed out on a lot of the fun if we weren't the prison pod though. No Shiv references or an angry Bruce or a jimmy the snitch. In gameplay terms, sure, a different pod could've been interesting, but we had a great narrative going with space Australia.

• FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    It was a good time.
    if anyone does another one or a sequel, I always felt that a more civ like choice for the options would work a little better, as in you choose a research path and it just rolls points into it each turn until done. That way you dont have to pick between either building or research. research is just always happening and you can focus instead on the expanding/exploring part.

but however people choose to do the mechanics of these CYOA's it's always a good time, I hope we get another soon.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
    Oh absolutely, it was the right pod choice without a doubt.

Mojo's mechanics made good sense in terms of simplicity of operation for him. I have ideas for both a re-imagining and a direct sequel ... but I don't know if I would have the wherewithal to run one of these things myself.

• HaroquenHaroquen Registered User regular
    Our pod choice probably saved us in the long term even if the evident bonus didn't help much. Our Iron men struck fear and terror in...everything. Wouldn't have had that if we were ye olde corporate pod, worshipping at the feet of Lord Ron Paul.

• psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    mojo, you are wonderful for having run this. it was an insanely fun game to play and watch.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    We would've missed out on a lot of the fun if we weren't the prison pod though. No Shiv references or an angry Bruce or a jimmy the snitch. In gameplay terms, sure, a different pod could've been interesting, but we had a great narrative going with space Australia.
    Please, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed influencing the votes for our colony of space prisoners and I loved the continuous references to their prison way of life.
    But we'd have found enjoyable references for any pod that we picked. Maybe, had we gone with the space hippies, we'd have named our kill sat gravity bong or something. Maybe we'd have been shooting things from our Trump class tanks had we gone for the supply pod.

Regardless of right or wrong choices we made along the way, it seems a good time was had by all. And if there was a way to Awesome an entire thread, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    When the ship we arrived on was called the "President Palin", then I don't think it was possible to not end up with comedic references.

I know I had great fun doing this:

poster5-1.jpg

• Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Wonderful. Thanks Mojo, you did a great job and it was a lot of fun.

• TelnaiorTelnaior Registered User regular
    Best.
    Thanks for the read, even though it almost hit 100 pages. Go Erde!

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    My lengthy ramble about CYOAs is here. I think most of the comments you guys have had are actually addressed in there somewhere. Hopefully it goes some way to letting you know the lingering madness behind doing this. That said, if I can do it, any (unemployed) person can.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    This whole thing was amazing, I hope we didn't give you too much grief. Gonna be real fun reading up on your thoughts on running this thing.