As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bellevue/Seattle Residents: PAX Map

ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
edited August 2006 in PAX Archive
I'm assembling a map of the PAX area for Google Earth, that I will distribute as a KMZ. Thus, I'm looking for a good list of places of interest to PAXgoers to add to my list.

So far I've got:

All the official hotels

Entertainment:
The Meydenbauer
The Bellevue Galleria (PAX movie)

Food:
Subway
California Pizza Kitchen
The Tap House Grill
Red Robin

These are only the places I remember going in Bellevue over my two years of PAX attendance. I'm sure those of you who live there have some insight on the subject.

Any suggestions must be within easy walking distance of the Meydenbauer.

Edit: Added Denny's and Washington Liquor.

WCTT_banner.gif
Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
ctishman on

• DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    Google up sushi land in Bellevue, WA. It's a conveyor-belt style place, and it's very affordable, quick, and reasonably good.

Doc on
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Marineopolis Sushi Land added.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Remove the Galleria.

It has gone from first-rate to total crap since the last PAX

Add Lincoln Square Cinemas, it's about a block past the galleria (it doesn't even deserve to be capitalized anymore) and contains over 800x the awesome the galleria once did.

Taramoor on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    is the "what the Pho" place any good? I mean.. is the pho soup good? and do they serve that thinly slice pork with rice noodles? Damn.. i need some pho now.

Viscountalpha on
    edited July 2006
    Here's what I have so far: Google Earth KMZ File

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Kohona Mongolian Grill

The Bellevue Collection(over 100 stores/eating places and a pool hall, bars and theatre)

What The Pho?

Weaver on
    edited July 2006
    Added Kohona and What the Pho. Didn't add The Collection, because it looks like you could basically walk into downtown Bellevue, look right or left, and find one of the member stores.

Google Earth KMZ File

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • padmeamandapadmeamanda Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    By the Galleria and The Tap House there's also the Rock Bottom Brewery. That place is good for a more raucous hangout... The Tap House is a bit more artsy and has smaller portions, though MS employees get sweet discounts there.

There's a lot of good restaurants around the Bellevue Square Mall, including Red Robin and the Cheesecake Factory, plus Lincoln Center has some nice places across the street.

As for movies, don't bother going to the Galleria unless Lincoln Center doesn't have the movie you want to see.

padmeamanda on
    edited July 2006
    My name is on a plaque in the entrance to The Rock Bottom.

Weaver on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2006
    This is a great Idea, I'm at work and can't look at it currently, but some of us folks coming from farther away are intending to be tourists for a couple days. Could someone suggest some cool tourist traps for us to visit?

Last year we went to the space needle, but didn't really have time for much other than that.

Unknown User on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2006
    Weaver wrote:

Is it right below the words "We no longer accept checks from the following:"?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited July 2006
    Toad008 wrote:
    This is a great Idea, I'm at work and can't look at it currently, but some of us folks coming from farther away are intending to be tourists for a couple days. Could someone suggest some cool tourist traps for us to visit?

Last year we went to the space needle, but didn't really have time for much other than that.

Go to the Pike Place market in the morning. It's great.

Doc on
    edited July 2006
    Weaver wrote:

Is it right below the words "We no longer accept checks from the following:"?

Everyone in downtown Bellevue accepts checks from me.

It's basically a plaque for drinking a whole hell of a lot.

Weaver on
    edited July 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Toad008 wrote:

Go to the Pike Place market in the morning. It's great.

Hey Doc you knwo what's at Pikes in the morning?

[spoiler:4c6baeb92f]ffiiiiiiish[/spoiler:4c6baeb92f]

Weaver on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    I believe there's currently a video games exhibit running at the Pacific Science Center. I don't know how long it will be there, though.

EDIT: The intertron says it's running until August 31st.

I think this would be a highly worthy side-trip for any PAX attendee.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2006
    Geek, that looks like a fantastic idea.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • HolyHesusHolyHesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Topolinos Pizza in Bellevue s the best pizza I ever had, very garlicy and a tad bit pricy, but I think its worth it.

Sea Garden that has a really good Dim Sum in the afternoons and generally just good Chinese food.

HolyHesus on
    edited July 2006
    I think you mean Pagliaccis

Weaver on
    edited July 2006
    Weaver wrote:
    I think you mean Pagliaccis

Doc on
  • CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Oh man, I've been looking for something like this, since I'm moving out to Redmond the week of PAX. Before I go grab Google Earth, does it show roads and bus lines? It would help if someone showed the best bus route from anywhere near NoA in Redmond to PAX.

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
    edited July 2006
    Cymoro wrote:
    Oh man, I've been looking for something like this, since I'm moving out to Redmond the week of PAX. Before I go grab Google Earth, does it show roads and bus lines? It would help if someone showed the best bus route from anywhere near NoA in Redmond to PAX.

I use
    http://busmonster.com/

In conjunction with:
    http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl?resptype=U

So I used the trip planner to type in NoA's address, then put in "Maydenbauer" to get Maydenbauer center. It gave me route 253.

Then I looked it up on busmonster:
    http://www.busmonster.com/?m=routes&r=249&sb=true&ss=true&ll=47.650241,-122.143764&spn=0.072507,0.170631

Doc on
    edited July 2006
    Update! <--Click for latest KMZ!

Added:
    Pagliacci's
    Topolino's
    Valve Software*

*I suggest we all stop by the hardware store and pick up crowbars, then go quietly leave them outside Valve's door in the middle of the night.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited July 2006
    Valve is way up in an office tower. You can't just go hang outside of their door.

Weaver on
    edited July 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Cymoro wrote:

I use
    http://busmonster.com/

In conjunction with:
    http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl?resptype=U

So I used the trip planner to type in NoA's address, then put in "Maydenbauer" to get Maydenbauer center. It gave me route 253.

Then I looked it up on busmonster:
    http://www.busmonster.com/?m=routes&r=249&sb=true&ss=true&ll=47.650241,-122.143764&spn=0.072507,0.170631

soundtransit.org is good too

Weaver on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    Weaver wrote:
    Valve is way up in an office tower. You can't just go hang outside of their door.

You can't.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited July 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Weaver wrote:

You can't.

No I could probably talk to the guy at work and just go over there with him but it would be pointless.

Weaver on
  • dracoflamedracoflame Registered User new member
    edited July 2006
    About the (Pacific Science Center) Game On! thing:
    I work at the Center, so if enough people want to get in on that, I *might* be able to set something up (i.e. discounts or free admission). Let me know...

dracoflame on
    edited July 2006
    So we're looking for something like this?:

PAXMap.jpg

Taramoor on
    edited July 2006
    That dairy queen, letter E, has been razed to the ground. It's not there anymore.

Weaver on
    edited July 2006
    Also the taco time is a block east of where you have the label.

Weaver on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    Weaver wrote:
    That dairy queen, letter E, has been razed to the ground. It's not there anymore.

Same as the Subway on letter N.

Those fuckers.

And Bellevue Square should have a lot more than P.F. Changs and a Steak House on it. It's got a lot in it.

Legacy on
    edited July 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Weaver wrote:

Same as the Subway on letter N.

Those fuckers.

And Bellevue Square should have a lot more than P.F. Changs and a Steak House on it. It's got a lot in it.

Those are the only ones (I think) that are open when the Mall itself is closed.

I didn't list all of them (cinnabon, Orange Julius, etc.) because that would be one crowded section the map if I did, and I only had 26 letters to work with.

Also I tossed that off in about twenty minutes.

And I was tired.

And I'd been swimming in a pool with too much chlorine.

Taramoor on
    edited July 2006
    At least throw on Red Robin. I can't get enough of their fries.

Legacy on
    edited July 2006
    Then I suggest you ask for more. That is how it works, y'know.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited July 2006
    In Bellingham, there is a Black Angus that for years always had the G broken in their sign. Avery time they would fix it, somoene would come along and break it again within a week.

It was great. You would just be driving and all of a sudden there was this huge sign visible from the freewayt hat just read BLACK AN US

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    So where would Bungie be on this map?

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
    edited July 2006
    Relativiox wrote:
    So where would Bungie be on this map?

Going off their address on Bungie.com, about here:

bungiemm7.jpg

About 6 or 7 miles away, over in Redmond.

Legacy on
  • HolyHesusHolyHesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    You might want too add Safeway, its really close to the Galleria

HolyHesus on
    edited July 2006
    All that safeway has is a shitty little Chinese take-out.

Weaver on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2006
    HolyHesus wrote:
    You might want too add Safeway, its really close to the Galleria

That safeway is also chock full o' muchie snacks for room keepage.
    Also I would add on the 7-11 for beer runningness if it's not already there and I just missed it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.