As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ps3 controller, wireless, win7 64bit

bobsbarricadesbobsbarricades Registered User regular
anybody get this working? easier to setup than using usb (which I can't get to work for the life of me)

what software/drivers do you use?

bobsbarricades on

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Your computer has a bluetooth adapter, right?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    lol, not yet but I've read it's easier to setup w/ BT so thought I'd get some feedback. Most of what I read is like 2 years old

bobsbarricades on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I was under the impression the dual shock didn't transmit data via USB, and that it was only for charging, so any connection to a computer must be through Bluetooth.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I was under the impression the dual shock didn't transmit data via USB, and that it was only for charging, so any connection to a computer must be through Bluetooth.

Almost absolutely certain this is the case. Which does suck.

• Options
    lawngahnomelawngahnome Registered User new member
    edited February 2012
    Synthesis wrote: »

My computer has NO bluetooth and I use my PS3 controller connected to it via USB all the time. I'll have to look up the guide I used later, but I found it with a few google searches. It took about 30 min to set up.

lawngahnome on
  • Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

My computer has NO bluetooth and I use my PS3 controller connected to it via USB all the time. I'll have to look up the guide I used later, but I found it with a few google searches. It took about 30 min to set up.

I'd really appreciate it. I've tried motioninjoy, and 2 other drivers I can't remember.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Nah, the bleutoof module in my PS3 is playing up, sometimes it won't recognise the controllers, so I have to use them with the charge cable. So they do transmit data over the USB. But for wireless purposes to your p.c., a blootewth adapter will be required on the p.c.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    The PS3 controllers will transmit data over the USB cable to a PC without Bluetooth. (it was what I used for years until I got a wired 360 controller). There are quite a few hitches to making it work, the first of which (and is easily forgotten) is making sure that whatever PS3 the controller is synced with is turned off via the power switch on the back of the PS3.

This site took care of the rest of setup: http://www.hardcoreware.net/how-to-playstation-3-controller-64-bit-windows-7-vista/

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697