As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

COSMOS FANTASTICA: Marvel Cosmic B.S. Thread

1464748495052»

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Fantastic Four is the main source of cosmic stuff right now

Which is cool because it rules

The Nova thing? Unknown, though it's probably not Richard Rider. Likely going to be explained in AvX which is where most of the upcoming Marvel Cosmic stuff will come from (Captain Marvel returning and the Phoenix coming to Earth, for one).

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    In the AvX #1 preview they show that Nova got to earth to tell everyone u mad bro or another meme, so I would guess he shows up in the AvX prelude issue.

Silver Surfer is in Thor right now (wearing jeans!) because he let himself be reduced in power to protect earth and the Galactus Seed.

TexiKen wrote:
    In the AvX #1 preview they show that Nova got to earth to tell everyone u mad bro or another meme, so I would guess he shows up in the AvX prelude issue.

Silver Surfer is in Thor right now (wearing jeans!) because he let himself be reduced in power to protect earth and the Galactus Seed.

Thus cruelly denying his presence in the Annihilators, who have been dashed to the wayside by the capricious whims of Editorial

• RansRans Registered User regular
    how do the galactus stories in Fantastic Four and Thor sync up? Or don't they?

They don't really

But at the same time, neither of them really require the other so it's not much of a worry

Though you would assume that Reed Richards would have heard about the events in Thor and turned up or something

that said, comics always have that degree of separation so it's not really a big deal

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Galactus has been overused in recent years, almost like the cosmic version of Doom to show how big a certain story is supposed to be. This is one of those times, Fraction wanted to have Odin and Galactus fight and Hickman was trying to mimic the original Annihilation Wave or the Cancerverse spread in terms of scale in Fantastic Four.

Yeah I agree Galactus does feel a little overused

But really, when he is used he should be more like he is in FF right now. That's a great portrayal and one that I think is very much in keeping with the character. After all, he is effectively an F4 character, having made his origin in that book back in the day as we all know.

I do not really care for Fraction's Thor stuff. Though I will say that Coipel's art on that arc was really nice.

i think i'll stick to the annihilators trades and the recent fantastic four/ff stuff for my cosmic fix

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Why hello Cosmic Marvel thread. It's been a while.

Could this be the year where they resolve the fates of Nova and Starlord? Will Darkhawk get back into the cosmic ring? Will we get more and better Annihilator stories?

Enquiring minds want to know.

H9f4bVe.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Secret Avengers looks like it's about to get really cosmic for a while

And Silver Surfer is also in Defenders

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Oh yeah Defenders is pretty cosmic in a weird, trippy, 70's kind of way.

• herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    The Guardians are gone so I no longer care about Marvel Cosmic.

steam_sig-400.png
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    herojoe wrote:

Groot and Rocket have wonderful adventures in the Annhilators back-up. They're the two most important Guardians anyways.

What happened with the Cosmic area in Marvel Point One? It was teased at the end of Annhilators: Earthfall as starting the next Cosmic chapter. I would imagine everything that's happening in Fantastic Four right now could really shake things up there.

• HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Hensler wrote:
    herojoe wrote:

Groot and Rocket have wonderful adventures in the Annhilators back-up. They're the two most important Guardians anyways.

What happened with the Cosmic area in Marvel Point One? It was teased at the end of Annhilators: Earthfall as starting the next Cosmic chapter. I would imagine everything that's happening in Fantastic Four right now could really shake things up there.

What happened was the AvX Nova Prelude. Also, the frame story, which had Ed Brubaker writing some mystery dudes who broke into the Watcher's space house and downloaded his memories while he took a brief nap to upload his memories to the Watcher matrix.

The frame story was cooler than I made it sound, so it would be neat if something actually spun out of it.

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    There's going to be an AvX Nova tie-in? Fantastic - hopefully that prelude gets collected in the inevitable trade.

Yeah unfortunately it is looking like AvX is going to be important to the marvel cosmic-verse what with the Nova connection, Phoenix, and Captain Marvel. I don't really care about AvX, but if it's important for setting up more cosmic stories I'll probably get it in trade.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:

But really, when he is used he should be more like he is in FF right now. That's a great portrayal and one that I think is very much in keeping with the character. After all, he is effectively an F4 character, having made his origin in that book back in the day as we all know.

I do not really care for Fraction's Thor stuff. Though I will say that Coipel's art on that arc was really nice.

The only thing I don't like about how Galactus is portrayed in FF is that from the scans I've seen, he strikes me as acting a little too human.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Do we know what's up with Epic Fail Nova yet?

• JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    Do we know what's up with Epic Fail Nova yet?

Haven't seen him at all since that .1 issue. I assume we'll find out more when AvX starts. Hopefully it won't be too terrible.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:

The only thing I don't like about how Galactus is portrayed in FF is that from the scans I've seen, he strikes me as acting a little too human.

I think the "humans are so simple we can't view Galactus in his true god like entirety" is the common answer to the problem you bring up.

I always think less is more with such characters.