As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's that time of year!

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    But then you have to listen to the awful Christmas music for the whole 2 months in every store ever.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    Langly wrote:
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    My dog was born on Easter.

was his name Jesus?

jesus was killed on easter, not born, gosh

What? No he wasn't.

Easter is the day of the Resurrection.

Easter as a holiday is about both things. It's definitely not about him being born. Good Friday is just as much a part of easter as the following sunday.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Cadbury cream eggs are not nice things guys.

fuck you go to jail

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I can draw a cross on my own forehead thank you very much.

It's not drawn with a pen or anything. It's literally ashes, hence Ash Wednesday.

The ashes are from the palms people received the previous year on Palm Sunday. Also, more often than not the cross looks like a black smudge than anything else.

• QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Langly wrote:
    Langly wrote:

was his name Jesus?

What? No he wasn't.

Easter as a holiday is about both things. It's definitely not about him being born. Good Friday is just as much a part of easter as the following sunday.

But Easter is specifically the day that marks the end of Lent. It seems silly to say that all of Holy Week is rolled into Easter when the rituals and spiritual meaning of the days are different.

Also I suddenly find myself disagreeing with you in three threads simultaneously, what's up with that?

edit: Nevermind, got you confused with Stilts for some reason. I'm being disagreeable towards everybody.

Fire Truck on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    also theres a new free gorrillaz track out play.converse.com/blog/2012/02/23/doyathing/

oooh i didn't know it was a download

thanks menschu u3u

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    People who complain about holiday decorations being out too early strike me as grumps. I mean, who doesn't love sales and special candy earlier than needed and the cheer and excitement that a holiday brings? It just makes me optimistic as balls!

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Sometimes I think about going back to Catholicism just because I'm bored

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    lostwords wrote: »
    People who complain about holiday decorations being out too early strike me as grumps. I mean, who doesn't love sales and special candy earlier than needed and the cheer and excitement that a holiday brings? It just makes me optimistic as balls!
    Keith wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjC1r72hYgQ

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular

What...and give up your career and significant other?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Hunter wrote: »

What...and give up your career and significant other?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:(

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

was his name Jesus?

His name is Joxer. Joxer the Mighty.

joxerthemighty2.jpg

BLM - ACAB
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    Langly wrote:

was his name Jesus?

What? No he wasn't.

But Easter is specifically the day that marks the end of Lent. It seems silly to say that all of Holy Week is rolled into Easter when the rituals and spiritual meaning of the days are different.

Also I suddenly find myself disagreeing with you in three threads simultaneously, what's up with that?

edit: Nevermind, got you confused with Stilts for some reason. I'm being disagreeable towards everybody.

why does it fucking matter when I was talking about the holidays of his birth versus his death and ressurection

• Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    Langly wrote:
    Langly wrote:

was his name Jesus?

What? No he wasn't.

why does it fucking matter when I was talking about the holidays of his birth versus his death and ressurection

I mean

It doesn't. Deep breaths.

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:

was his name Jesus?

What? No he wasn't.

Isn't Easter like a week long? And Jesus came back after three days, right. So there's plenty of time for both.

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Plus, guys, Easter is a fertility ritual. Eggs and bunnies not beards and crosses.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    The only Easter I've ever celebrated is the one that's about candy and chocolate.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Quoth wrote: »
    I gave up cursing for Lent

Again :(
    I've only done the Lent thing twice.

YL9WnCY.png
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i've given up giving things up for Lent for Lent

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    Just ate a bag of Cadbury eggs. I feel awful.

• FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    Moderation, man. Moderation.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I haven't had an easter egg in years. Maybe I should get like an aero one (if there is an aero one)

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
    What's an aero one? They make flying Easter eggs?

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    These things: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_(chocolate)

They are awesome.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
    edited February 2012
    Ah, I see. Hmm...not sure I'm crazy about chocolate full of air bubbles. The way I see it, it just makes it look bigger but in reality, it's just inflated chocolate. No extra mass added.

Is it a texture kind of thing that makes it appealing? Is it like eating hardened mousse?

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Man, I used to be down with Easter, then I started to understand what they were talking about during Good Friday mass and it just became depressing.

Edit: On the plus side: Cadbury Eggs.

godmode on
    edited February 2012
    Incidentally, I just got around to watching "Ben-Hur" and it kinda followed Jesus on the side of the main plot, from birth to crucifixion. It kinda got depressing, but it was nice that Ben-Hur got his family back at the end as Jesus died on the cross.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Ferquin wrote: »
    Ah, I see. Hmm...not sure I'm crazy about chocolate full of air bubbles. The way I see it, it just makes it look bigger but in reality, it's just inflated chocolate. No extra mass added.

Is it a texture kind of thing that makes it appealing? Is it like eating hardened mousse?

It is a lot like that! The texture is very pleasant.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    I guess that's all right.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Ferquin wrote: »
    Incidentally, I just got around to watching "Ben-Hur" and it kinda followed Jesus on the side of the main plot, from birth to crucifixion. It kinda got depressing, but it was nice that Ben-Hur got his family back at the end as Jesus died on the cross.

I dunno if you intended this to be as hilarious as I find it, but I am laughing really hard.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    edited February 2012
    Enjoy it as you see fit, I guess. Seriously, I just finished watching it an hour ago. Perhaps it's the fact that I watched "Spartacus" the other day and expected another depressing ending. Makes me wanna hate ancient Romans.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Celebrating Easter in Boston this year.

8-)

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    All the cool kids are doing it

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    That is me.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Guess I ain't a cool kid.

Ferquin N.C. Root
    Guess not.

I am not here to judge, however.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Guess not.

I am

Grey Ghost wrote:
    Guess not.

I am

Judge away.

• BigBearBigBear If your life had a face, I would punch it. Registered User regular
    Celebrating Easter in Boston this year.

8-)

I really, really hope I get to see the Protomen on that Friday. That would be the first time I'd see them live, provided that I actually get in.

Oh, also, Cadbury Creme Eggs are good, but they will never replace Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs in my heart. And neither of those can replace Reeses Peanut Butter Pumpkins.