As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    I didn't get it Chu, what was funny about the Zoot Suit thing? Just seemed like plain old racism

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Robocop? More like Robuttcop.

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Your move, creep.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Seriously, does no one know what O.P.P. means

Yes. And you were like -1 when the song was released, weren't you?

I was 3.

I was in the sixth grade when that came out I think. I remember dancing to it at a middle school social.

Well, I heard it a lot growing up, along with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7MK5Esy-L0

That was Freshman year if I remember correctly.

And Kurtwood Smith is the best villain. Balding, glasses and yet completely psycho.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Dead or alive, you're coming with me

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2012
    Sparvy wrote: »
    I didn't get it Chu, what was funny about the Zoot Suit thing? Just seemed like plain old racism

if you don't find something funny about sailors and marines fighting with people in zoot suits...

well then we are two very different people, sir

Organichu on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    watching this Street Fighter x Tekken reality show Capcom has created is really fucking weird

Team Street Fighter is all business and actually functioning

Team Tekken is well mostly the coach is keeps commenting on the girl players thighs and zooming in on them with the cam enough hat this now exists http://teammirandasthighs.tumblr.com/ its pretty fucking stupid of Capcom to let this go on.

bloodyroarxx on
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

I did not need this mental image of robocop in a bikini

aRkpc.gif
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    watching this Street Fighter x Tekken reality show Capcom has created is really fucking weird

Team Tekken is well mostly the coach is keeps commenting on the girl players thighs and zooming in on them with the cam enough hat this now exists http://teammirandasthighs.tumblr.com/ its pretty fucking stupid of Capcom to let this go on.

This is a reality show based around people playing fighting games?

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Organichu in hot pants is a much better mental image

Zoot Suit Riot

RIOT

throw back a bottle of beer

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012

This is a reality show based around people playing fighting games?

Yea its just for this week to promote the game.

but the prize is 25k

bloodyroarxx on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

Capcom insensitive to mistreatment of historically persecuted group, more at 11.

Thanatos on
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Zoot Suit Riot

RIOT

throw back a bottle of beer

DAMMIT.

Let me open iTunes...

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Lolbocop

PSN: Honkalot
    so this is basically my current thought process:

moving out right away would be great. it would help me develop more independent skills sooner... it would remove me from this toxic environment, and if nothing else it would make my time at CCP more enjoyable. it would be a lot less stressful to study pretty much anywhere but here.

on the other hand: not only is 15k a lot of money (and really, if i wanted it bad enough i could just stay at the library all day)... but i'm kind of nervous about what the decision says about me. if i can't excel at a community college because of a bad home life, i don't feel like that says great things about me. being a successful professional requires resilience, right? if i fold and do poorly at CCP because of a racist uncle and lots of arguments around me... how does that bode for my future success? i'm honestly not happy about my chances of becoming an effective, successful guy if i need to move out to do well.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Avatar's spaceship was really cool. And the SSTO transport was also really cool. Shame 'bout the rest.

ftOqU21.png
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Thanatos wrote: »

Très good deal!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    So that guy in the UK who thinks he has my email address? He's a professor and I've gotten several email applications today for students applying for internship under him.

And they're never going to get a reply and always wonder why he hates them.

His fault. I did everything I could.

How do you resist the temptation to impersonate the professor and say silly things to the students?

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Organichu stop overthinking shit. Not having a supportive environment to study in can kill a person's motivation and GPA. Wanting to get away from that doesn't mean you're going to wreck your entire career.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

This is a thought what is wrong.

Sarksus wrote: »
    Organichu stop overthinking shit. Not having a supportive environment to study in can kill a person's motivation and GPA. Wanting to get away from that doesn't mean you're going to wreck your entire career.

i don't really have a strong support network in my family! i kinda can't play it fast and loose.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

This is a thought what is wrong.

RMS Oceanic? More like PMS Oceandick.

• Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    Come on baby, hit $20 and then I'll sell. The rich get richer.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    I'll just leave this here (NSFW, language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-kbMF1GF2A

Organichu wrote: »

i don't really have a strong support network in my family! i kinda can't play it fast and loose.

What I'm saying is the only real concern you have is the money.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Organichu you need to get the hell out of that house.

If nothing else just think about how much of your school loans / grants will get sucked away by your family if you stay.

Seriously, get out of there and get yourself completely financially separated from that place. No bills, no handouts.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    So apparently my friend may have found my cellphone. The one I lost on The Night of Many Drinks. It was wedged deep down in his couch, I'm hoping to verify that it's mine in a couple days.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg

If nothing else just think about how much of your school loans / grants will get sucked away by your family if you stay.

Seriously, get out of there and get yourself completely financially separated from that place. No bills, no handouts.

i definitely agree that this place (and most of my family in general) is bad for me. i'm not arguing against that. i am a less happy person because i am here.

but i feel like i should possess the capacity to ignore their shittiness and buckle down and work hard and do well... saving like fifteen thousand dollars

edited February 2012
    so this is basically my current thought process:

moving out right away would be great. it would help me develop more independent skills sooner... it would remove me from this toxic environment, and if nothing else it would make my time at CCP more enjoyable. it would be a lot less stressful to study pretty much anywhere but here.

on the other hand: not only is 15k a lot of money (and really, if i wanted it bad enough i could just stay at the library all day)... but i'm kind of nervous about what the decision says about me. if i can't excel at a community college because of a bad home life, i don't feel like that says great things about me. being a successful professional requires resilience, right? if i fold and do poorly at CCP because of a racist uncle and lots of arguments around me... how does that bode for my future success? i'm honestly not happy about my chances of becoming an effective, successful guy if i need to move out to do well.
    It's really hard for any of us to give you advice on this, Chu, since none of us know how bad things really are there. I mean, you know yourself best whether or not you'll be able to handle it. And yeah, as far as environments go, there's a lot to be said for the library being the most productive area for getting work/study done. I used to study in the library even though I just lived in a dorm room on campus, and never had a roommate (well, for one semester).

Do you or will you have a laptop? Because if you do/will, that would make it waaaaaayyyyyy easier to get by with living at home while you go to school.

i definitely agree that this place (and most of my family in general) is bad for me. i'm not arguing against that. i am a less happy person because i am here.

but i feel like i should possess the capacity to ignore their shittiness and buckle down and work hard and do well... saving like fifteen thousand dollars
    This is really the part that matters. There's no reason to inflict unnecessary suffering on yourself just to prove you can handle it.

Thanatos on

Well try it then. Do one semester at home and see how it works. Pick whatever classes you need that are easy just in case it is too much and threatens your schoolwork.

Just realize that making your life easier is not something to avoid because you have bootstrap notions in your head. The money is a concern, but if you can justify spending it, and you have it, then spend it.

i think i need to come up with a budget

that would help me get an idea of what the situation is and how much money i'd actually need to move out and stuff

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    chu i still dont get why you want to go to CCP

the soviet union wasn't all that great dude

919UOwT.png

Well try it then. Do one semester at home and see how it works. Pick whatever classes you need that are easy just in case it is too much and threatens your schoolwork.

Just realize that making your life easier is not something to avoid because you have bootstrap notions in your head. The money is a concern, but if you can justify spending it, and you have it, then spend it.

i wasn't talking about bootstrap stuff- it is very much about the money. when i say 'i should be able to handle this, what does it say about me that i can't'... i mean 'what does it say about me that i can't overcome these obstacles to save fifteen thousand dollars'

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I don't normally follow presidential primaries in the US, but it seems to me that the current Republican primary is not only packed full of epic douchebags, but it's ridiculously close. As in, there's no clear favorite.

Is this normal? Or is this primary an anomaly?

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular

you're not being graded dude

do what makes you less miserable

This discussion has been closed.