As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East 2012 Fitness Group! [Meetup Friday 4/6 1PM outside the Wyvern Theater]

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    C25K is great! Good Luck!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Lost a little over 2lbs over the past two weeks, maybe my plateau is over? I'm hoping next week will also be a loss!

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    So after skiing, I munched my way through a lot of snackies. Hoping I'll still have a good number for Tuesday ... though, I guess it is more that I hope I have a good number by PAX. At least there is time.

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    Chorazin wrote:
    Lost a little over 2lbs over the past two weeks, maybe my plateau is over? I'm hoping next week will also be a loss!

congrats! I had a bit of a collapse this weekend. I was helping a friend run a debate tournament all weekend, and the pizza and fat sandwiches were flowing... think tomorrow's number will be bad, but already taking steps to correct it (including a long walk planned for my lunch hour today!)

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Chorazin wrote:

congrats! I had a bit of a collapse this weekend. I was helping a friend run a debate tournament all weekend, and the pizza and fat sandwiches were flowing... think tomorrow's number will be bad, but already taking steps to correct it (including a long walk planned for my lunch hour today!)

I'll hope for the best for you.. I thought my weigh-in today was going to be ugly after my weekend, and I lost 2 lbs... so.. who knows ;)

• siegewolfsiegewolf Registered User new member
    I'm joining late to the party. I needed some extra push and this is it. I've gone on and off, but I want to be more consistent.

• Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 233.5 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 228 (-5.5 lbs, -2.35%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 227 (-6.5 lbs, -2.79%)
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:
    Week 9: 4/05/12 (AT PAX!!!):

Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 234 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 230 (-4 lbs, -1.7%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 227 (-7 lbs, -3%)
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

On track for my goal of 220 by PAX. Have great energy, and am loving the toned look I'm starting to have again :)

• BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 247.8 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 244.4 (-3.4 lbs, -1.4%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 243.4 (-4.4 lbs, -1.8%)
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

I was really expecting to have gained, it being Fat Tuesday and all. Glad to see even though I took it easy last week that the scale needle is moving continuously downward

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Week 1, 2/07/12: 190 lb. (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%) (right after a cheat weekend, so about 5 lbs of water-weight)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: 184 lb (-6 lbs) (I'm getting totally plateaued out this week so far and don't understand why. Arrrgghhh!!!)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: 180 lb (-4 lbs) (Back on track, woot!)
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:
    Week 9: 4/05/12

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 134 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 135 (+1 lb)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 136 (+1 lb)
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Goals for this week: First full week of Yoga combine with 3 days of weight training.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    ishtra wrote:
    C25K is great! Good Luck!
    I just saw this, so THANK YOU! It's so weird having been a guy who could never jog for more than 30 seconds and now being able to jog for 5 minutes.
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 258.6 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 254.0. - 4.6 lbs.
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 249.6 - 9 lbs.
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:
    I think it's safe to say that the plateau has ended! Thank you PAXEast Fitness Group!

PayneTrayne on
    PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • SpectacledBearSpectacledBear Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Week 1, 2/07/12: 261 lb. (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: 259 lb. (-2 lb, -0.8%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: 259 lb. (-2 lb, -0.8%)
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Actually started running at a good pace again, so I still feel good and am building up muscle. I rule!

Currently playing Stardew Valley and I Am Setsuna.

LPr3CtQ.png
    edited February 2012
    Didn't get to weigh in until late last night!
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 197 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 195.6 (- 1.4 lbs, - .7%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 196.4 (- .6 lbs, - .3%)
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Blerg, up .8 this week. Though with all my indulgence and lack of exercise this weekend I suppose it could be worse. Gotta work extra hard this week! Goal: 2 gym visits, 2 long walks w/ the dog, 1 strenuous wii fit session. Also, didn't log any food on my fitbit or my WW tracker over the weekend b/c I was so mortified at what I ate. Gotta stop that nonsense and continue to log it, regardless of what it is. The accountability is important. If I don't take note of the choices I make and then try to counter bad choices with good ones, it's like the bad ones never happened and I can keep choosing badly! So non-exercise goal is to return to food-logging.

Congrats to the rest of you who it looks like almost all had great weeks!

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
    Didn't get to weigh in until late last night!

Also, didn't log any food on my fitbit or my WW tracker over the weekend b/c I was so mortified at what I ate. Gotta stop that nonsense and continue to log it, regardless of what it is. The accountability is important. If I don't take note of the choices I make and then try to counter bad choices with good ones, it's like the bad ones never happened and I can keep choosing badly! So non-exercise goal is to return to food-logging.

I'm guilty of this too on the weekends, but I've logged enough times to know I'm not missing it by that much.. I don't overindulge, but I'll have a piece of chocolate or a rice krispie treat and not freak out, because the food I do log (main meals) still shows me in good shape. You're right about accountability, though.. splurging on the weekend every once in a while won't kill anyone, but to go through each weekend basically nullifying all the hard work being done during the week is self-defeating.

Weekend eating has been my weakness to.. this past weekend was the first that I actually lost weight from friday to monday.. usually I maintain (or go up a half pound).

• DreamwishDreamwish Registered User regular
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 252 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 250 (-2lbs, -0.794%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 252 (+2lbs, +0.794%)
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:
    Week 9: 4/05/12:

Been eating less, but the inability to really exercise has hurt. Still got work to do.

I think this may have been asked, but are we doing a meet-up?

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular

Yeah, it's been tossed up, and I really think we should. Like most things PAX, it's all about making a time when it doesn't conflict with most peoples's schedules.

Friday morning is a possibility, also I'm thinking maybe a small meetup pre-PPD and PokeCrawl? That way if there is a weigh-in, we don't have to factor in Thursday night's indulgences.

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!

Yeah, it's been tossed up, and I really think we should. Like most things PAX, it's all about making a time when it doesn't conflict with most peoples's schedules.

Friday morning is a possibility, also I'm thinking maybe a small meetup pre-PPD and PokeCrawl? That way if there is a weigh-in, we don't have to factor in Thursday night's indulgences.

Smart idea doing the weigh-in before the indulgences :) .. I won't make it if that's the case; I come in Friday morning, but I'm sure I will see some of you fine folks around.. and I'll just do my weigh-in at the gym thursday morning (if that's allowed :) )

• SpectacledBearSpectacledBear Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Has anyone used the gym or pool at the Seaport? I'm thinking about bringing running shoes for the treadmill, but am curious about others' experiences.

(I thought about asking in the hotel thread, but this seems like the more appropriate audience.)

Currently playing Stardew Valley and I Am Setsuna.

LPr3CtQ.png
    Well, I for one am showing up on Friday so I'd prefer to be there for it. Showing up at 9:30 on Friday morning.

• TheAsianKnightTheAsianKnight Shinywoopwoop Registered User regular
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 210 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 206 (-4lbs,-2%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 206 (-0lb, -2%)
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Unfortunatly didn't lose any weight this week, luckily didn't gain any.
    I was exhausted for the beginning of the week and didn't work out, the second half of the week was with my family. Saturday evening was our families Chinese New Year Banquet (around 900 relatives there no idea who most of them are) and then Sunday my grandmother took the family out to Dim sum. Problem with this is the Banquet is a 10 course meal, and Dim sum is grab whatever food you want. My family kept making me eat food, because in the realm of a 10 course meal it appeared I was barely eating anything. Luckily I was able to avoid about half of it because I don't eat fish. And then staying with my Grandmother all she would do if offer food, and while I avoided it as much as I could, it's rude to turn down food. Especially after she goes ahead and prepares it for no reason, before you even have the chance to say no. Luckily this 2 days full of food didn't make me gain any weight, and I worked off as much of it as I could, being tired from travel

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    Cosplay Check List: WOOPER [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
    I haven't the foggiest about the Seafront but I may be running/lifting if the gym is decent.

• feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    So update on my health:

I registered for the Spartan Sprint a week ago, and I went yesterday to get the stitches and stuff taken care of for my thyroid surgery. I also got the results of the samples (fun fact: the total size of my left thyroid was 5.5x3.5x3.5 cm and 35 grams, which is larger than what the whole thyroid is supposed to be combined).

I have been diagnosed with Stage One Follicular Thyroid Cancer. So my fitness plans just went a little off track. I am having the other half of my thyroid removed, then I will be undergoing RAI treatments (RadioActive Iodine pills) and upping the dose on my Synthroid hormone pills. All this will be after PAX East, because the soonest I could get the surgery is the 16th of April. So... that's fun.

Really though, you guys, I am positive that I am going to be fine, I'll get through this all, and hopefully I'll be able to lose the weight and keep it off after I get this taken care of. I encourage you all to keep working hard, losing the weight you need to lose, and getting healthier. I just have to take a slight detour for now.

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    So update on my health:

I registered for the Spartan Sprint a week ago, and I went yesterday to get the stitches and stuff taken care of for my thyroid surgery. I also got the results of the samples (fun fact: the total size of my left thyroid was 5.5x3.5x3.5 cm and 35 grams, which is larger than what the whole thyroid is supposed to be combined).

I have been diagnosed with Stage One Follicular Thyroid Cancer. So my fitness plans just went a little off track. I am having the other half of my thyroid removed, then I will be undergoing RAI treatments (RadioActive Iodine pills) and upping the dose on my Synthroid hormone pills. All this will be after PAX East, because the soonest I could get the surgery is the 16th of April. So... that's fun.

Really though, you guys, I am positive that I am going to be fine, I'll get through this all, and hopefully I'll be able to lose the weight and keep it off after I get this taken care of. I encourage you all to keep working hard, losing the weight you need to lose, and getting healthier. I just have to take a slight detour for now.

As someone who's been dealing with hyperthyroid issues for over a year (Thankfully non-cancerous) I know what you are going through and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Ugh. Only lost .2 lbs. I hate myself.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    So update on my health:

I am so happy they caught it this early. When they can catch it in stage one it is so much easier to treat. *hugs*

redfield85 wrote: »
    Better than a gain!

toootally forgot to post in - went up a few :P Hoping for next week :D

redfield85 wrote: »
    Better than a gain!

That is very true. I got so used to losing 1.5-3.5 lbs a week. I used way too many weekly points last week. I earned some activity points too, so that through off my WW totals too, letting me eat more. I plan on being very disciplined this week. Just ignore that beer and Chickie & Pete's fries I had tonight. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular

If there's a weigh-in, I vote for Thursday before the PPD.

And if you're coming in on Friday, I hope you're driving and getting in early! Friday morning in the queue room before the convention opens is totally worth it.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Week 1 - 2/07/12: 316 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2 - 2/14/12: 312 (-4 lbs., -1.3%)
    Week 3 - 2/21/12: 315 (+3 lbs)
    Week 4 - 2/28/12:
    Week 5 - 3/06/12:
    Week 6 - 3/13/12:
    Week 7 - 3/20/12:
    Week 8 - 3/27/12:
    Week 9 - 4/05/12:

Taking a 4-day holiday vacation did not do me any favors (also why the late post).

5I7JEDi.png

If there's a weigh-in, I vote for Thursday before the PPD.

And if you're coming in on Friday, I hope you're driving and getting in early! Friday morning in the queue room before the convention opens is totally worth it.

I am sure it is fun, but PAX Prime we just woke up a little later and walked right in. It was worth sleeping in as well from the bar crawl. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    I'm flying into town around 9:30 am if nothing goes wrong, so I don't believe I'll be in the queue room before it opens.

Aaaand I gained back the 2lbs I lost the last two weeks plus a few ounces this week.

Back to Weight Watchers starting tomorrow! Looks like I'll have 40 points, om nom nom.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    I'm wondering, will this thread still be populated post PAXEast?

vttym wrote: »
    I'm guilty of this too on the weekends, but I've logged enough times to know I'm not missing it by that much.. I don't overindulge, but I'll have a piece of chocolate or a rice krispie treat and not freak out, because the food I do log (main meals) still shows me in good shape. You're right about accountability, though.. splurging on the weekend every once in a while won't kill anyone, but to go through each weekend basically nullifying all the hard work being done during the week is self-defeating.

Weekend eating has been my weakness to.. this past weekend was the first that I actually lost weight from friday to monday.. usually I maintain (or go up a half pound).

Awesome that you lost last weekend! I kept it on lockdown this weekend after our exchange of posts so I'm hoping for good numbers on the scale tmrw!

I'm wondering, will this thread still be populated post PAXEast?

Doubtful, we'll have moved on to the PAX East 2013 Fitness Group thread! :P

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 134 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 135 (+1 lb)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 136 (+1 lb)
    Week 4, 2/28/12: Weight 136 (+0 lb)
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Goals for this week:

edited February 2012
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 197 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 195.6 (- 1.4 lbs, - .7%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 196.4 (- .6 lbs, - .3%)
    Week 4, 2/28/12: Weight 193.8 (-3.2 lbs, -1.6%)
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

Woot! Lost 2.6 last week and now back where I should be for my goal of 1 lb a week til PAX! :) Didn't get all my exercise goals accomplished - 2 long dog walks and a wii fit session (all of which I keep forgetting to log on fitocracy) but no visits to the gym. So my plan is the same routine this week, but actually accomplishing it! :P How'd y'all do?

browncoatbeth on