As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[RIFT] - Update 1.7 : Patch notes page 86 guild on gnarlewood

• hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    no bitching about favorites is a big positive for me, personally

im just not a fan of systems, i guess

i get the need for it, and i cant even really quantify why im not a big fan of this

i just aint

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    it also means no bullshit tanks getting all hexed pieces first, which was floated for a minute

but yeah I kinda wish we could just do rolls but I guess 8/11 is as good a time as any to put on big boy raiding pants

I also liked how the guy who zeat gkicked had been talking about stuff people need to do on king and estrode, and after zeat yelled at him he was all "well good fucking luck killing king and estrode at all with the way you guys play"

and then a bunch of people in the raid linked him the cheevo we got after beating estrode

2x39jD4.jpg
    i dont know if i'm showing up tonight. i know i dont have the water resists for top floor bosses, and won't have the ISS for the lesser sources unless i get SUPER lucky with event timing. i blew 100 ISS on my crystal last night (so at least you bitches can stop complaining about that).

maybe by thursday i'll have the stones and sources.

i've also gotta cut down my raiding nights to two, because of wife. so boo on that.

@hoodiethirteen
    inquisitor down

akylios is gonna seem like an even bigger kick in the nuts after these weak ass boss fights

2x39jD4.jpg
  • jmiketjmiket Orlando, FlRegistered User regular
    Man, it might just be good luck but every random Expert dungeon run I've had has been laid back and fun. Even when people mess up, it's all joking and good attitude. And drops for me, but that's neither here nor there...

So I officially broke 200 hit, so I'm ready for T1 raids now I guess? Does that include all the raid rifts? I keep seeing pug raids for acronyms I don't understand, but haven't tried to join one yet. I need to at least look up the T1 raids to memorize which pugs I should be trying for... or do people not even try to pug the T2's yet?

I'm liking the population of Wolfsbane, but if I transfer to wherever the hell most of you guys are would I be able to participate much given where I'm at gearwise now?

There are people running GSB/ROS raids all weekend in our guild.

Experts are pretty fun. I havent run any since 1.7, so I dont know how the older T1 experts go, but yeah. The problem is, when you get to the level I and the others are at, there's basically no point to running Experts.

As for acronyms:

GP/DH - 10 man, need 200 hit
    ROTP - 10 man, need 300 hit
    GSB/ROS - 20 man, need 200-250
    DRR - Daily raid rift, decent source of Inscribed sourcestones and lesser essences

@hoodiethirteen
    @fandyien you should come back and raid with us brooo

2x39jD4.jpg
    cool, i get to punch scavin in the dick for not adhering to the point setup

shoulda got 20 points

and im not even on the roster

sigh

also, the website itself is a piece of dick. very unintuitive, i dont know what the hell im supposed to be doing

@hoodiethirteen
    I deciding making a big gay post in the tec mage section about "mage raiding basics" was the easiest and least confrontational way to let assholes know they cant just show up with 5 dps specs

2x39jD4.jpg
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    i was all set to log in and start raiding again after a bit of a break then i found out it's dkp now so i didnt

my new policy is next raid night i'm stuck in the house and can't find something to do i might log in, but at this point i just *extended wet fart sounds*

[edit] also this
    alsothis.jpg

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    you've fallen pretty low fandy

2x39jD4.jpg
    how far did your group get in rotp auth

2x39jD4.jpg
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Wiped on Silgen then someone had to go.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    silgen is a biiiiitch

2x39jD4.jpg
    Also, I'm busy tonight, and Saturday probably. So give my regards to those 9 bosses.

Whats this i've been reading about pinatas?

reposig.jpg
    Cant decide if i should play tonight. not sure i'm feeling it. the recent spate of leaders not encouraging fun over awfulness has me super turned off to the game

@hoodiethirteen
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Whats this i've been reading about pinatas?

You poke 'em in the head and awesome things fall out. I got a Barnacle Encrusted Source Machine on my second one.

Oh, is the carnival live already? Thought it was still in testing?

@hoodiethirteen
    the pre-carnival is up

pinatas spawn around the world like the dragon motes did

you kill em and they can drop any of the old event items, as well as new event currency, and new costume pieces

2x39jD4.jpg
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    So I've been thinking about checking out Rift again after several months away. I just read the OP - the PA guild on Faeblight is toast? Suck.

Any of you guys who still play on Faeblight, are people like actually responding to invasions and grouping to close rifts ect? I originally lost interest because after awhile people just stopped bothering with the rifts entirely, which removed the whole dynamic grouping thing that I loved so much. Without that it was alot less interesting.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
    If you're interested in PVE, the PVP guild has switched to PVE now. So there's no worry.

@hoodiethirteen
  • flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote:
    So I've been thinking about checking out Rift again after several months away. I just read the OP - the PA guild on Faeblight is toast? Suck.

Any of you guys who still play on Faeblight, are people like actually responding to invasions and grouping to close rifts ect? I originally lost interest because after awhile people just stopped bothering with the rifts entirely, which removed the whole dynamic grouping thing that I loved so much. Without that it was alot less interesting.

My mage is on Faeblight, and since they've released the rift mobile app, I've been logging in when I get notifications of events occurring in shimmersand/stillmoor/ember isle. Just in a guardian-side guild with a few friends, though.

Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
    Yup

left out of HK again

not even 830

as long as warlee is in charge of doing invites, there's zero chance im getting in with us at max capacity on rogues.

@hoodiethirteen
    heh

who just ragequit like a punk

#twothumbs

@hoodiethirteen
    :(

eh, i got into the raid, but about 10 minutes ago i just realized

there were so many better things i could be doing with my time

like get my shepard ready for ME3, or beat any number of games i have yet to finish, or play some star wars, or my wife

and once that last one hit me

well

that was it

if i wanna play again, i'll go play with the goons. they seem to still be in the "have fun" stage.

@hoodiethirteen
    Well.

Maybe we can get the band back together sometime in the future.

It's a real shame that the EC broke the game for people. I'm still having fun. I like HK raiding and PvP in Rift. Good luuuuuuuu~

yeah I guess I'm still getting mine so I'm not compelled to leave yet

we totally should have gone right to matron and sic though, starting on king after murd was bonkers

2x39jD4.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    wait what happened

I dont think anything happened

I mean we went to king after murd instead of doing all of the established farm bosses, which was weird and dumb (and threw off the night, we just killed sic 10 minutes ago which is sad as hell)

I think buttsra just had a visit from the epiphitree

2x39jD4.jpg
  • monsterzeromonsterzero Registered User regular
    Im clearly way to tolerant of abuse and shitty situations.
    RIP Asra
    RIP Grobyc
    Long live Atebutt???

thats the thing, the raiding is pretty fun. im sure we'd still be having fun if scavin and warlee hadnt seized control instead of just leaving for Voodoo, which is what they want to make TEC anyways.

@hoodiethirteen
    yeah, i love raiding

i might stealth build my water core and try to come for an aky attempt or two, maybe

or i might just wait until 1.8 hits and come back for the new 20 man

i ain't cancellin' my account or anything though in case the winds of fandypreference change dramatically

reposig.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    thats the thing, the raiding is pretty fun. im sure we'd still be having fun if scavin and warlee hadnt seized control instead of just leaving for Voodoo, which is what they want to make TEC anyways.

pretty much

I was decidedly not having fun

PiptheFair wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »

pretty much

I was decidedly not having fun

yeah, this is basically what i realized

dudes sucked the fun outta the game for me, i'll come back when my desire to play trumps their horribleness to the tune of a surplus fun harvest

reposig.jpg
    All I'm hearing is that you're all weak

2x39jD4.jpg
    alternatively, you're weak because you keep going back to your abusers just because they provide you with marks and loot

you're addicted

pip and fandy and me joined TEC anonymous and we're getting clean

in better news: it's a TERA beta weekend! play this game, it's pretty as fuck and you can be a fat raccoon with a massive sword

@hoodiethirteen
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    is tera gonna be free? maybe i should ask that in the tera thread....

although i wont have a computer on monday! yay for moving stuff

anyhow, need to get a laptop, if I had mad money i would buy the razer laptop thing for 2.8k

Eh, I had some extra money so I bought a copy, which comes with beta access. I think there's open beta access coming in march or april or something. Fun bit is, open beta character progression won't be wiped!

also, re: rift

I'll be on here and there gathering glass beads. I'm gonna try and get the mounts and pets I missed, and I fuckin have to have the galaxy horse. Fucking galaxy horse, man.

@hoodiethirteen
This discussion has been closed.