As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 02/22/2012 - Kid Gladiator is Lord of the Heart!

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Graphic Violence
Wolverine and the X-Men #6, the x-men battle the brood within Kitty while searching for Kid Gladiator
VmWZP.jpg

In Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #7 they seem to really be setting up Uncle Aaron as Miles' "osborn". Going to be interesting to see how it plays out.
GxAjG.jpg
1AQrX.jpg

Fantastic Four #603After turning the tide in the space battle, Galactus Fights Voltron the celestials.
9a4xq.jpg
7RhAu.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Trade waiting is hard
    http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/02/21/prophet-22-preview-brandon-graham-simon-roy/

Prophet looks so amazing and amazingly weird.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Fantastic Four #603After turning the tide in the space battle, Galactus Fights Voltron the celestials.
    9a4xq.jpg
    7RhAu.jpg

Ahahahahaha!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    The Flash #6 defiently feels like it should have followed the original issue 6, but still a fantastic experience. Also, as always the art / panel use is the best
    L0hue.jpg

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i really wish you people were picking up Robots in Disguise
    issue #2 was fucking incredible, and I'd say the writing is nearly the equal of Roberts on More Than Meets the Eye
    huge spoilers, which sets the stage for future issues without drawing out the story
    the last few pages had Arcee covertly kill Ratbat, after Starscream revealed to Prowl that Ratbat planned on assassinating Bumblebee and causing political chaos

the last page had Starscream declare that he was with Bumblebee's government, and that if he could join with the Autobots, Cybertron could unify itself

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    This panel from Wolverine and the X-Men #6, remember it when you play Mass Effect 3, humanity first.
    xmenwolverineracist.jpg

Uncanny X-Force #22, very deep insightful talk between Deadpool and Wolverine. No really, it was.
    xforceuncanny22a.jpg

xforceuncanny22b.jpg

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2, create order with a hidden flaming sword:

transformersrid2b.jpg

transformersrid2c.jpg

transformersrid2d.jpg

• JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    All of F4 was great. That Galactus sequence was just wonderful and I loved the last page. But, hey, I'm a sucker for how Hickman plays the long game with his stories.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    @TexiKen THANK YOU for the scans so very much

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Wolverine and the X-men was just amazing this week, I love this book, kinda mad I read it first of the stack, hope some other stuff this week can live up to it.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    BPRD: The Long Death is just, well, wow. Basically everything I want from a post-Hellboy book.

Was more than a little amusing that Dark Horse neglected to actually put a price anywhere on the book, though. I told the guy 3.75 sounded good to me and we were square.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Kid Gladiator is certainly lord of my heart.

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    I can't wait for him to go toe-to-toe with Genesis. We all know it's going to happen eventually.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Kid Gladiator is certainly lord of my heart.

I didn't think I'd like him but after the tweets and that line his stock is rising.

So many comics, so many days until my new credit card arrives :(.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Ultimate Spider-man #7
    "Hey!! Hey, I did it!! You guys see that ??"
    *action pose*
    "YEAH!!"

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote:
    Ultimate Spider-man #7
    *action pose*
    "YEAH!!"

Mared only a little bit by
    the super depressed people who were just in an explotion in the background.

Quire.jpg
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote:
    Ultimate Spider-man #7
    *action pose*
    "YEAH!!"

Mared only a little bit by
    the super depressed people who were just in an explotion in the background.
    Rnjkh.jpg

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Skinny arms. Ewwww. Too skinny. But I love that costume.

Caveman Paws on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Whaaat

he is a scrawny little 13 year old kid

he should have skinny arms

CYpGAPn.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Yeah, I can't stand when artist draw Ultimate Spider-Man with the same proportions as 616 Spidey.

• VermisVermis Registered User regular
    I don't want to be 'that guy', but if the X-kids and brood are microscopic and those 'blocks' around them are individual cells, then how big is Kitty's heart...?

rulksig.jpg
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Vermis wrote: »
    I don't want to be 'that guy', but if the X-kids and brood are microscopic and those 'blocks' around them are individual cells, then how big is Kitty's heart...?

Well, it's a great moment, but if you wanna be scientifically accurate but still make it a compelling image, you're probably gonna break the artist.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Vermis wrote: »

are you the new mattharvest

Her heart is as big as her courage ! ( Comic Answer)

• VermisVermis Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Well, yeah. Scientific accuracy in a world where deadly radiation and genetic hiccups grant superpowers etc. etc. But there's 'guy who shoots laserbeams from eyes' and 'wrong subspecies of lizard in the desert background' kind of handwave stuff, and then there's 'Liefeld Cap' and 'accidentally drew a microscopic human heart'.

I dunno about compelling. You could slot in a bright red valentine for the same kind of single-image icon effect. Otherwise I don't think it'd be a kick in Kid Gladiator's teeth if he defended an entire squishy landscape. Or zoom in on part of a regular-sized heart, surrounded by tiny little flashes or swathes of light. KG burning up the brood like meteors or an invading armada around a planet. If he can do things like that right now.

Vermis on
    rulksig.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    He's a Strontian

so yeah, probably

And I do think that would have been pretty awesome, actually. You have a point there.

The original panel is still good though

My new Motw was my 9 yr old niece drawing this for me on the bus today on the way to the pet store for her.
    taylorbatman.jpg

then she told me " Look Uncle, It's the Goddamn Batman" , I have never been so proud!

You should have told her off for reading All-Star Batman

But yes that is rather adorable

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    My MOTW was probably just all of Secret Avengers #23. Remender writes angry Hawkeye so well.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Deadpool #51
    photobucket-4708-1330262394458.jpg
    photobucket-4454-1330257749728.jpg
    photobucket-1303-1330257817551.jpg

Plus, the aforementioned. Flash and WXM consistently deliver in every way.

I'm still catching up, though, I'm sure there will be more.

By the way, how are you guys getting clean scans? I don't have a scanner I'd willingly use my floppies on.

Man of the Waves on
    I dunno man

I feel like Deadpool is being written in UXF better than anywhere else right now

The whole thing with him maybe dying makes me sad, since I don't want him to leave that team

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I would agree with that. I only started with his solo book at around #43 and it is entertaining. His best moments are when he has other established heroes/villains to play off of (or play around with). Hence, his recent exchange with Wolverine is one of the funniest moments. It occurred in his own book, but while with his UXF team.