As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anyone try REX yet?

MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Critical Failures
Supposedly Fantasy Flight Games' spiritual reissue of the old Dune boardgame, only set in their Twilight Imperium universe since they ran into snags getting the rights to Dune.

I'm always a little wary of BoardGameGeek reviews since only the biggest fans tend to rush to post reviews (and they spend most of the review describing how the box smells and the cardboard feels) so was wondering what people here thought.

MrBody on

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Haven't played it yet.

But we do have a whole thread of board gamers who might be able to help you out.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Whoops

That title is misleading o_O

• Options
    VPLennethVPLenneth Registered User new member
    I haven't tried REX yet. I would certainly be up for it and am planning to acquire it soon. Then again, I'm a TI universe fan so you may not want my opinion :D

It's interesting you mention the fanbois on BGG. From what I could tell with REX it was half "OMG BUY NOW" and half "DUNE is teh awesome...you ruined everything FFG!" Thankfully, my crude misrepresentation isn't actually how many people on BGG use their language in posts.

All that said, if I could join a game of REX (or TI) I'd be overjoyed. I'd be willing to GM if someone would be so kind as to teach me how or at least point me in the right direction.