As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WrestleMania XXVIII] So long from the sunshine state

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Eve Torres wrote:
    @ZackRyder I miss you.
    Zack Ryder wrote:
    @EveMarieTorres you miss me? RRRIIIGGGHHHTTT

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    This is the best feud ever.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    AmNe9yfCAAE2599.jpg

Zack v Eve in a pillow fight at WM, book it.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Eve's going to get pregnant but they won't know who the dad is, so they have a Maury Match and the first man eliminated IS the father!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

That's brilliant, actually.

I can't wait for TNA to jump the gun on this, so WWE can't beat them to it.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Eve's going to get pregnant but they won't know who the dad is, so they have a Maury Match and the first man eliminated IS the father!

The twist
    It's Hornswoggle

DaMoonRulz wrote: »

The twist
    It's Hornswoggle

Then Natalya comes out to console her
    and farts.

Leading to
    Ron Simmons 'DAMN!' moment

Leading to
    5min recap of the HOF induction

Book it

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    LTM wrote: »
    I much prefer the RAW method of half the action in twice the time.

Psh

Like it's even half

On a good day there's over 45 minutes of wrestling, and the rest is backstage stuff, segments, and promos

Well, 45 minutes would be half of 1:30 (considering most half hours of TV have 7-8 minutes of commercials, 4 half hours x 8 minutes = 32 minutes of commercials).

Goose! on
    math

my immortal enemy

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I would be sad if Drew were put into a big role with the GM feud.

Mainly because he isn't good.

Drew has a good look, competent wrestling skills and a great finisher. There are many other guys I'd like to see WWE give up on first before him.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    dru was pretty beastly in the EC match he was in iirc

EzUAYcn.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    dru can be a pretty good brawler, and in a company where the top stars flail away with clothelines, that's a skill worth having

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The Big O had his first match in NYWC (where Zack got his start) right in my hometown. Spoiler alert:
    He only does 2 moves and its a 7 minute long video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcllQOUY724&hd=1

Goose! wrote:
    The Big O had his first match in NYWC (where Zack got his start) right in my hometown. Spoiler alert:
    He only does 2 moves and its a 7 minute long video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcllQOUY724&hd=1

Big O didn't look too bad in the ring surprisingly. Yeah he needs a ton more experience but so far so good.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    I much prefer the RAW method of half the action in twice the time.

Psh

Like it's even half

television champion

edited February 2012
    According to official WWE advertisements, the main event for the WWE "Over The Limit" pay-per-view will be a triple-threat match between Daniel Bryan, Sheamus and Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship.

The WWE "Over The Limit" pay-per-view event takes place on May 20 from Raleigh, North Carolina.

I have no problems with this just keep Orton out of the Mania match please.

wirehead26 on
  • Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    Following Rey Mysterio's visit backstage at last week's Raw SuperShow in San Diego, California, any mention of his name to WWE brass reportedly resulted in a very negative speech. There has been underlying friction on management's part due to tough contract negotiations and not returning from injuries as early as they'd like. Also, some feel because of his small stature, he's lucky to be employed to WWE.

You don't feel the urge to post the second part of that paragraph that outlines that a) He was injured less than HHH, b) Worked a tougher schedule than taker since 01 c) Is only injured because they brought him back early and d) moves merchandise better than everyone but Cena?

Way to miss the point, there.

steam_sig.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    2vtwpe9.jpg

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    man I'm glad cageside seats is there to remind us that all the current stars suck and everything was better when the rock and stone cold were in charge and if any current wrestlers have a problem with the rock they're ungrateful little shits

Following Rey Mysterio's visit backstage at last week's Raw SuperShow in San Diego, California, any mention of his name to WWE brass reportedly resulted in a very negative speech. There has been underlying friction on management's part due to tough contract negotiations and not returning from injuries as early as they'd like. Also, some feel because of his small stature, he's lucky to be employed to WWE.

You don't feel the urge to post the second part of that paragraph that outlines that a) He was injured less than HHH, b) Worked a tougher schedule than taker since 01 c) Is only injured because they brought him back early and d) moves merchandise better than everyone but Cena?

The site I got the story from did not have a second paragraph.

That report on New Jack I posted reminded me of the other human piece of shit known as Ian Rotten. Wonder what that waste of sperm is up to now? Just in case anyone wants to see just how awful Rotten is here's the Mike Levy incident video back in 2008. Spoiled for NSFW content and if you haven't seen the video be warned it will cause you immense hatred of not only wrestling but the whole human race.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Well, took the plunge and bought tickets to next week's Smackdown. I fear for my sanity.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I already posted that Keith.

BLM - ACAB
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    That report on New Jack I posted reminded me of the other human piece of shit known as Ian Rotten. Wonder what that waste of sperm is up to now? Just in case anyone wants to see just how awful Rotten is here's the Mike Levy incident video back in 2008. Spoiled for NSFW content and if you haven't seen the video be warned it will cause you immense hatred of not only wrestling but the whole human race.

*snip*

Well now we know who rewrote Ian Rotten's wikipedia entry that one time.

Seriously though, Ian Rotten is the absolute worst and even the fact that IWA:MS were the launching points of Hero and Punk will never change that.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:

I'm confused here. A guy wanted a match and they gave him one. But because he hurt someone in a deathmatch, they beat the everloving shit out of him? What am I missing?

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    I need to make myself happier after watching that video. So here's a picture for all of you.

AmYSKErCIAAm6KN.jpg

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    One match that I know has happened that I would have loved to see is Undertaker vs Randy Savage.

Man that would have been awesome.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    wirehead26 wrote:

I'm confused here. A guy wanted a match and they gave him one. But because he hurt someone in a deathmatch, they beat the everloving shit out of him? What am I missing?

No, see, Ian Rotten basically took an out of shape, untrained guy who was known for doing stupid extremely small time "hardcore" shit on youtube and proved what a big brave man and professional he was by crushing his head into a ladder.

Because, you know, take THAT you untrained garbage wrestler. How dare you want to do something the IWA:MS roster does without the proper training and experience.

Clearly that's the sort of thing that puts asses in the seats:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC4h3Opbxq4

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    Oh. As long as it makes sense, I guess...?

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I watched TNA last night and it was a pretty solid show, although I did switch the channel during talking segments so I probably missed the low points of the show.

Shelley and Zema Ion had a solid match with Aries watching at ringside with a bucket of popcorn and a glass of wine which was awesome.

The main event of Hardy/Storm vs. Bully Ray/Angle was another solid match and it ended with Brandon Jacobs delivering a phenomenal choke slam to Bully Ray through a table. It was one of the best choke slams I've seen in a while.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Russo is gone and now people on Penny Arcade are starting to watch TNA again?

THE SYSTEM WORKS!

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Well, I kinda have to watch tna because no one sends in Higjlights for that show. So at least I have an excuse.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    I know that once in a while TNA will do something very worthwhile so I want to be watching when it happens. I'm quick to give up on TNA when it starts doing something really awful.

• KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    I don't care if its been said. First there was SmackDown, then we got Super SmackDown, so when do we get Super SmackDown Turbo?

I spent most of yesterday watching wrestling with my cousin.

Watched some of RoH's Throwdown which I saw live and really enjoyed the Bryan Danielson vs. BJ Whitmer vs. Jimmy Jacobs triple threat, which had me convinced Jacobs could win in his home state which I was reminded of by reports of how Daniel made Santino look at EC.

Loved Bryan Danielson vs. Chris Hero from PWG's Card Subject to Change. A lot of humor in the wrestling at the beginning of the match which was fun to see from Danielson. The show also had Excalibur doing an amazing job of commentating over his own match, which he does often and I usually enjoy.

And then I had to watch At Our Best to see Jay Briscoe vs. Samoa Joe in the cage, because that match is goddamn awesome. CM Punk vs. AJ Styles for the pure title with Steamboat as the ref is a good match as well.

Pulled out my giant box of wrestling DVDs and I'm going to spend a lot of time going through those in the near future.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    KurnDerak wrote: »
    I don't care if its been said. First there was SmackDown, then we got Super SmackDown, so when do we get Super SmackDown Turbo?

Super Raw Smackdown Turbo: Tag Team Playa Edition

• Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

The site I got the story from did not have a second paragraph.

My bad, we cool. :)

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    So excited for Xion/Ares that I might even stay up to catch Victory Road (assuming it airs on TV over here live). Xion is long overdue this sort of exposure, so much so that I'm allowing myself to be cautiously optimistic that TNA won't completely fuck up their handling of him.

The Sting/Bobby Roode segment at the end of the show was also pretty good despite the fac tthat the whole thing doesn't seem to be going anywhere terribly interesting.

In none American news SMASH held it's penultimate show early this month and it was pretty cool, I recommend everybody try to catch it if you can. Not only were the co-main events of the show (Kana/Syuri for the women's title & Tajir/Finlay for the SMASH title) both really good and built up as super emotional and meaningful bouts (complete with English voice over and subtitles for the build up videos) but it also brought us this moment:
    luggage.jpg
    I have no idea what is going on in that picture, yet for some reason I adore it.

Also I just found out how apoplectic Meltzer is over the Okada title reign. Which means it must be a brilliant idea, because the guy is a fucking clown.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
This discussion has been closed.