As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-Pax Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 3: A Brand New World!

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    Singollo wrote: »
    arsonisfun wrote: »
    It's an easy enough job and the perks are substantial.

see now you make me want to just leave blue being as i am not going to be main prof this year. though my blue pals would hat me. Then again several of them would just follow me to whatever team i am on. Alas red is closed and not enough room in general. So guess will have to just make sure you don't win this time :P

But Singollo ... haven't you heard? All I do is win.
    Bad Rap Song Incoming

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    Icarus027 wrote: »
    I'll be holding auditions for both my male assistant professor (girls in drag are acceptable, but you'd better have a sweet mustache) and my nurse joy.

people with tight jeans and loose morals are free to apply via PM. you must convince me you're the right person for the job - photo evidence of you being awesome as well as a paragraph on why you are the person for the job would be ideal, but feel free to be creative.

benefits include: spending time with me. free drinks. being part of the best poke-team, team red.

also, I've been known to take my group on a victory lap to other bars after the end of the official crawl ... so there's that.

It may be helpful you say what being a Poke assistant entails.

- Grabbing my Brofessor's B

Fair point.

Cabsy was pretty solid at wrangling the drunk arsonbro last year, so I know I can rely on her for that.

Mostly I need help herding drunk cats/pokemon as we travel between bars. I also need help doing things like confirming people completed challenges, helping people get cabs/etc at the end of the night, making sure people don't die. At the end of the crawl I will shower you with affect/shots/whatever to thank you for your hard work. It's an easy enough job and the perks are substantial.

I will say probably 90% of my job ended up just being signing off on challenges and telling drunks to follow the rest of the drunks to the next bar. I was also prepared with the number to a cab company, condoms, those disposable toothbrushes loaded with toothpaste in case anybody barfed, etc etc etc but I didn't really need any of it. Better to be prepared though!

Ah yes, Cabsy put it well. We are prepared for any situation, but our team is full of champions who need no help at being awesome.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • katkamikatkami Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I choose you !Mareep +1, silver (unless a red spot opens up) :D

katkami on
  • zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    Apparently PeasantDave wants me to cross-dress. I don't know what that says about him. Oh well.

"Male" PokeAssistant for Team Blue Silver reporting for duty with +1 if you don't mind.

• PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    zezspecs wrote: »
    Apparently PeasantDave wants me to cross-dress. I don't know what that says about him. Oh well.

"Male" PokeAssistant for Team Blue Silver reporting for duty with +1 if you don't mind.

No one is going to complain about our fine lady assistants. :)

• DarthbeerDarthbeer Registered User regular
    I choose you! !Mareep +1

• DarthbeerDarthbeer Registered User regular
    !mareep +1 silver, sorry. Looking forward to this year!

• blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    group was closed. waiting for them to open.

blAAAm!!! on
  • Rocco_CRocco_C Art Lead TorontoRegistered User new member
    I choose you! !Mareep - Silver, +1. use thunder shots!

and there goes the hammer.
  • JerkfishJerkfish NYCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I choose you !Chikorita Gold +1

This was by far at the top of my favorite PAX events last year. Can't wait for April.

CAN'T WAIT!

Jerkfish on
  • CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    Jerkfish wrote: »
    I choose you !Chikorita Gold +3.

This was by far at the top of my favorite PAX events last year. Can't wait for April. Also I noticed people only doing +1s so if you need me to get any of the +3 to sign up separately let me know and I'll get them on that ASAP.

CAN'T WAIT!

From the original post...
    Limited +1s: Due to the popularity of this event and in an effort to make the signup process more fair, participants will be limited to a single +1. This is to prevent people from reserving a large block of slots for people that may or may not show up as well as to enocourage people who may otherwise lurk to join the forums and get involved with the community. Sorry if this is an inconvenience.

• Obsolete ModelObsolete Model Registered User regular
    I choose you! !Mareep - Silver, +1

• mikedgmikedg Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I choose you !Mareep Gold +1

mikedg on
  • KorobacKorobac Registered User new member
    I would like to volunteer services for the Officer Jenny post for !Chikorita silver. If the Professor doesn't object.

• MesoianMesoian Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    !Mareep Gold +1

In the interest our big group, we'll try and fill out the teams that are still pretty open.

Mesoian on
  • StarlightslkStarlightslk Cambridge, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Me +1 please for whatever team Singollo is the PokeProff for! \^_^/ (there's more in my group & they should be posting shortly) If that's not possible then: !Mareep Gold since that's the one Mesoian went for.

Unless I have time to make a new costume in addition to my Main PAX East costumes I'll be Cynthia again. :P

Starlightslk on
    PAX East PokéCrawl: 2010 Team!Bulbasaur! ~ 2011 Team!Squirtle! ~ 2012 Team!Totodile! ~ 2013 Team!Feraligatr!
    PAX East PokéCrawl Cosplay '10-'13: Cynthia(Pokémon)

PAX East '10 Cosplays: Fri: Cynthia(Pokémon) Sat: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)
    PAX East '11 Cosplays: Fri: Tifa Lockhart(Final Fantasy VII: AC)
    PAX East '12 Cosplays: Fri: Morrigan(Darkstalkers) Sat & Sun: Nord (Skyrim)
    PAX East '13 Cosplays: Fri: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)alt, Fri&Sun: Cammy(Street Fighter), Sat: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)
    PAX East '14 Cosplays: Fri: L.Raptor(Darkstalkers)mb, Sat: Liliana of the Veil(MtG), Sun: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)alt

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Mesoian wrote: »
    !Mareep Gold +2

In the interest our big group, we'll try and fill out the teams that are still pretty open.

Read the entire OP please. You can have a maximum of +1.

• MesoianMesoian Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Mesoian wrote: »
    !Mareep Gold +2

Read the entire OP please. You can have a maximum of +1.

Heh, alright. I was being a little naughty. Changed and fixed.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Wait.. so my Mewtwo badge does not assist this year? Aww.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • schattyschatty Registered User regular
    !Chikorita Gold +1

• JerkfishJerkfish NYCRegistered User regular
    Creamsteak wrote: »
    Jerkfish wrote: »
    I choose you !Chikorita Gold +3.

This was by far at the top of my favorite PAX events last year. Can't wait for April. Also I noticed people only doing +1s so if you need me to get any of the +3 to sign up separately let me know and I'll get them on that ASAP.

CAN'T WAIT!

From the original post...
    Limited +1s: Due to the popularity of this event and in an effort to make the signup process more fair, participants will be limited to a single +1. This is to prevent people from reserving a large block of slots for people that may or may not show up as well as to enocourage people who may otherwise lurk to join the forums and get involved with the community. Sorry if this is an inconvenience.

And I fail at reading. +1 for me then. Sorry about that!

• StifinStifin Registered User regular
    I choose you !Chikorita Gold +1

"The most aesthetically pleasing kick in the balls in the history of modern cinema" -William Goldman

banner.png
  • all systems goall systems go Registered User regular
    I choose you !Mareep Gold +1

• MJOLNIRiv117MJOLNIRiv117 Registered User new member
    I choose you !Chikorita (Gold) +1

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    !Chikorita, I choose You!

+1, and Go for the GOLD Rocky!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • dedustdedust REVENGE OF THE PULLA o canadaRegistered User regular
    /whine
    I added my +1 in time but Atlusbro didn't see it AND NOW ALL IS LOST AND CLOSED.
    Bawww. It better appear there when things reopen, otherwise I'll be foreveralone and super whiny.
    Which probably happened last time and look where it got me D:

dustie at ircnet/qnet/slashnet
    @frellnik dustie, pantsu redirects me
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    Oi, add +1 to my signup on Totodile Gold. Kthxbai.

PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • RastRast Keene NHRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I choose you Chikorita Gold +1! Hooray for drinks!!!!!

Rast on
    Pax East 2015: Hotel [X] Passes [X] PokeCrawl [ ] Pure Joy [X]
  • svefngenglumsvefngenglum Registered User regular
    This is a really stupid question, but if I'm dressing up as a grass trainer, do they have to be from gen 1/2? Because I'd rather dress up as Gardenia than Erika, but I'll do Erika if I have to.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Dress up as whoever. There aren't mandatory costumes you have to stick to. Hell, I plan on getting a custom Venasaur hat even though we are Chikaritas!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I choose you !Mareep silver

Plus 1

zepherin on
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So is this something that people are able to show up late to? Or would I just have to show and follow along but not really participate?

• svefngenglumsvefngenglum Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:
    Dress up as whoever. There aren't mandatory costumes you have to stick to. Hell, I plan on getting a custom Venasaur hat even though we are Chikaritas!

Sweet! That's what I thought, but I figured I'd check just in case. Super psyched!!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    So is this something that people are able to show up late to? Or would I just have to show and follow along but not really participate?

Well, considering the incredibly large numbers that we move around the participating bars, showing up without signing up is highly discouraged. As to your first question, it depends on how late. If you're signing up, but not planning to show until halfway through, that's half a barcrawl that someone else could be enjoying. *shrug*.

• KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    I choose you Chikorita Gold +1

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Why would you want to show up late? Would be kind of sucky to show late, sober, while most others will have had a good head start. Like zerzhul said, someone could be enjoying the whole thing while you might show and be like "what a bunch of drunk morons" and leave.

Just my opinion. Do whatever you please.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    This was one crazy night last year. I choose you Chikorita, team gold. Or... where ever I fit in since I was late jumping in on this. >.<

• King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

There's always Team Snorlax (I think).

Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    All teams are now temporarily closed except for:

Team Green Gold: 4 spots open

Team Yellow Gold: 2 spots

First come, first serve. At that point signups will be temporarily closed for all teams.

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    And again, please check the rosters for accuracy so I can correct them now rather than later. Thanks!