As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MMA 18: [MMA]rrested Development: UFC Supports Drunk Driving and Domestic Violence

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    you guys are all wrong about page
    page is my hero

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Sad to see Rampage miss weight like that. I don't really know what to expect from him in the octagon.

All academical, since I don't really have time to watch it.

Fuck off and die.
  • Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    I got Bader. Rampage has been looking slow.

If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd2PONcqGIw

Man Bendo looks so dessicated there

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    The overweight Rampage could be a sign of a really shitty camp for him... Maybe it'd be worth betting a dollar or two on Bader to win now.

Then again, Bader isn't very good! A true conundrum

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    I don't think Rampage will officially retire, the potential of future fights will keep appearance fees high and possibly help with media for future acting roles. Unless they promise him a UFC hall of Fame spot or something.

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Rampage is claiming an injury as the reason he couldn't make weight. He also said that he cut 21 pounds and just couldn't get the last 6 off. Also, he's super pissed at Rich Franklin, haha.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Demitrious Johnson and Ian McCall signed a Sudden Death contract. In case of a draw, they go the extra round.

http://crooklynscorner.com/2012/02/mighty-mouse-signs-debut-agreement-sudden-death-ufc-fox/

Fuck off and die.
    Oooooold news!

All fights should have this.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Story on Rampage missing weight and being angry with Rich: http://mmajunkie.com/news/27587/ufc-144s-rampage-blames-injury-for-missing-weight-takes-issue-with-franklin.mma

They didn't really get Rich's full quote in this article, sadly. Rich actually said that Rampage either didn't work hard enough in camp OR he got an injury. So the article is a bit misleading, as they only quote the first thing.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    419457_10150563422627765_511507764_9199820_956250526_n.jpg

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    Kana wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd2PONcqGIw

Man Bendo looks so dessicated there

I'm actually kind of worried about Bendo. He usually weighs in naked and tips the scales at 156. I know it's only a couple of pounds, but I'm wondering if something went wrong in his camp and it forced him to have a bad weight cut.

edited February 2012
    It's said that they had less time to cut weight due to how travel and schedule arrangements worked with the Japan setup

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Correction: The new ring girl is Azusa Nishigaki, a 2008 Miss Universe Japan FINALIST.

UFC couldn't get the winner?

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    B:L wrote:
    Correction: The new ring girl is Azusa Nishigaki, a 2008 Miss Universe Japan FINALIST.

Why pay 2x as much for 85% of the woman?

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    B:L wrote:

Why pay 2x as much for 85% of the woman?

Well you know what they say, when it comes to women, less is more.

I wonder how Rampage's injury is going to affect his performance. Given that it affected his cardio it could be either bruised ribs or a bad leg injury. Both could affect his takedown defense and of course his endurance in the cage.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited February 2012
    Just listening to this music sends chills up my back. So many good moments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQl1JbuYrLk&feature=player_embedded#!

I wonder if anyone will use it as walkout music for this card

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    So, somebody control my number here

The facebook fights start at 7:30 PM ET, which is 00:30 GMT or in other words in 1h30min right?

• MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »

The facebook fights start at 7:30 PM ET, which is 00:30 GMT or in other words in 1h30min right?

Looks correct.

midshipman.jpg
    Sparvy wrote: »

Word

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Demitrious Johnson and Ian McCall signed a Sudden Death contract. In case of a draw, they go the extra round.

http://crooklynscorner.com/2012/02/mighty-mouse-signs-debut-agreement-sudden-death-ufc-fox/

I like all these 125 guys but I think that johnson takes the belt.

fortunately draws are still fairly rare

vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
    interesting how they have no problem calling it "sudden death" now
    they seem to have avoided called it that in TUF and referred to it as "sudden victory" presumably cause they didnt want the word death associated with MMA

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    bolo.jpg
    "I am delighted to see the introduction of sudden death matches to the UFC!"

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Facebook is a go

China v Japan, should be good

• XrddXrdd Registered User regular
    This is off to a great start.

HOLY SHIT what a start

• molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    Facebooks a go?? All I get is the UFC logo?

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
    Yeah facebook is live, Zhang v Timura

They started out punching each other in the face a few time and now Timura is dirty boxing from top position on the ground

• XrddXrdd Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT

WOW

I mean none of them knew how to avoid punches but that was brutal

And KABLOW to the face

The feed stopped for me. Was there only 1 facebook fight?

vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
    yeah, just one. Now it's FX at the top of the hour

• TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    Man, I feel bad for the mat. All that energy transferred from his fist, to his face, to the mat.

Wasn't even able to put up a fight.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
    Zhang getting cut after this? He suuuuucks

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    TehSpectre wrote: »

i dunno, in various interviews dana seems to be obsessed about getting UFC into china and seems to have made it his next goal following the success of canada, england, brazil and now hopefully japan. So long as he sees china as his next holy grail of MMA, zhang will remain a UFC fighter

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

i dunno, in various interviews dana seems to be obsessed about getting UFC into china and seems to have made it his next goal following the success of canada, england, brazil and now hopefully japan. So long as he sees china as his next holy grail of MMA, zhang will remain a UFC fighter

Or at least until they get a couple other chinese fighters.

Kana wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

Or at least until they get a couple other chinese fighters.
    hopefully heavyweights

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Mizugaki continues to beat lower/mid tier opponents.

He'll probably get a top 10 dude after this win and lose again.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
This discussion has been closed.