As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Jante [Chat]

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Would it be weird if I walked over to the dry cleaners in my pajamas?

Are all your clothes at the drycleaners?

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I woke up this morning feeling bitchy and guilty, like I had done something wrong and felt embarrassed and terrible about it. I couldn't remember what, though, and it was annoying. Had I gotten into it with someone last night? I didn't think so. Had I had a bad dream? I felt sure that was it, but I couldn't remember what. I almost never remember my dreams.

But finally in the shower it came back to me. I'd dreamt that I was in a classroom being taught by the President, and he'd caught me passing a note in class and had bitched me out in front of everyone.

rRwz9.gif
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I've read from various sources that Iran, despite it's crazy rhetoric and retarded domestic policies tends to pursue a fairly realist foreign policy.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Jesus Christ seriously

fuck gendered marketing
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    TL DR wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    If Israel just kicks off WW3

I'm gonna be pretty pissed

MAYBE IRAN SHOULDN'T BE MAKING NUKES WHILE DENYING THE HOLOCAUST, TIMOTHY

Iran's government making nukes and denying the holocaust doesn't affect me.

My country taking a detour from un-fucking its economy to go stick its hardon back into the wasp's nest that is the Middle East does.

IT AFFECTS ME, JERK

How do you figure? Do you think Iran is a credible threat to Israel?

Put another way, do you think Ahmadinejad has suddenly decided that he wants to be 'dispersed carbon' as opposed to 'President of Iran'? Because if and when Iran's government obtains a nuclear weapon, I see no reason why that would bring anything but stability to the region. As it stands, both sides feel free to dick around with rocket attacks and covert assassinations. Maybe a little MAD would be good for them.

i think that's a terrible idea.

but i guess we can save that for the inevitable thread if this actually happened.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    z7rlm.jpg

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I bet it would be so terrible to get chewed out by Mr. O

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Time is a cruel, cruel bitch.
    Von%2BStade%2B1.jpg
    VS%2BFront.jpg

nibXTE7.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I woke up this morning feeling bitchy and guilty, like I had done something wrong and felt embarrassed and terrible about it. I couldn't remember what, though, and it was annoying. Had I gotten into it with someone last night? I didn't think so. Had I had a bad dream? I felt sure that was it, but I couldn't remember what. I almost never remember my dreams.

But finally in the shower it came back to me. I'd dreamt that I was in a classroom being taught by the President, and he'd caught me passing a note in class and had bitched me out in front of everyone.
    the other day i dreamed i was playing me3 multi with kaidan

he was playing as a kaidan

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elendil wrote: »

the other day i dreamed i was playing me3 multi with kaidan

he was playing as a kaidan

hahahaha

rRwz9.gif
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Stirred my tea for two minutes before remembering I hadn't put anything in it to stir yet.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I didn't know where else to put this until more details emerge.

A friend just told me his dad and several other family members are being deployed to the Persian Gulf on emergency reactivation due to covert attacks against Iran's nuclear facilities on the part of Israel.

There is literally no news outlets reporting this, so I have no idea about the veracity of the claim, but I have no reason to distrust this friend.

I read about a piece how Israel is in a "pre-war" time; war with Iran basically considered a sure thing to come soon just now.

I wouldn't be surprised at a covert attack; the overt attack plan involved flying basically the entire israeli air force over there and losing about a third of it would be well within acceptable casualties

ftOqU21.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    that's an amazing dream, el

I haven't remembered a dream upon waking up in a long time.

I used to dream whenever I'd eat too much before bed. I don't do that anymore, so I don't dream so vividly.

This is super terrible news

fuck gendered marketing
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    we were playing splitscreen which was p. unrealistic

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    What I worry about is some asshole not affiliated with Iran or Israel (independent terrorist, agent of some other nation state, or whatever) taking it upon himself to blow up something crucial that incites escalating violence.

My country taking a detour from un-fucking its economy to go stick its hardon back into the wasp's nest that is the Middle East does.

IT AFFECTS ME, JERK

WW3 affects you more

not that I really see that happening

but Israel starting a war there would be bad

although I wonder how an Israel-Iran war would go, if the US stayed out of it

I don't know of any other wars beetween countries that are close yet separated

ftOqU21.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »
    This is super terrible news

...yeah >.>

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2012
    TL DR wrote:
    What I worry about is some asshole not affiliated with Iran or Israel (independent terrorist, agent of some other nation state, or whatever) taking it upon himself to blow up something crucial that incites escalating violence.

Goddamn un-unionized terrorists.

Echo on
    Abdhyius wrote: »

IT AFFECTS ME, JERK

WW3 affects you more

This would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing.

still though, a little MAD would be way better than them having a war. Let those two stupid governments bicker.

ftOqU21.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote:
    I've read from various sources that Iran, despite it's crazy rhetoric and retarded domestic policies tends to pursue a fairly realist foreign policy.

They've got enough trouble keeping their own country together, you can discard a lot of "america=devil" as attempts to create a common enemy for everyone to rally against. Although airing a Republican debate is probably a lot more effective than having Potato yell at stuff for an hour.

My dreams were pretty awesome

Shame I can't remember them

fuck gendered marketing
    With the mad hardon so many people have over here for Zionism, there is no way the US would not go whole hog if Israel invaded Iran. Hell, Israeli soldiers could start raping and pillaging and these zealots would still unquestioningly support the state of Israel as some kind of victim.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    The idea of someone going to war with Iran is really disheartening. Going to ineffectual anti-war protests against Afghanistan and Iraq and then watching the broader culture gear up to passively support dumb wars while my own government steamed on ahead into war leaves me feeling very pessimistic now as the conjecture goes on that this is somehow inevitable.

If Israel goes after Iran, I wonder what America would really even do.

IT AFFECTS ME, JERK

WW3 affects you more

if Israel starts the war, the US government might be pissed enough to stay out of it.

ftOqU21.png

Thanks a lot Obama

desc wrote:
    The idea of someone going to war with Iran is really disheartening. Going to ineffectual anti-war protests against Afghanistan and Iraq and then watching the broader culture gear up to passively support dumb wars while my own government steamed on ahead into war leaves me feeling very pessimistic now as the conjecture goes on that this is somehow inevitable.

If Israel goes after Iran, I wonder what America would really even do.
    It's election season, America will bomb the fuck out of Iran while candidates attempt to claim this is their doing.

IT AFFECTS ME, JERK

WW3 affects you more

if Israel starts the war, the US government might be pissed enough to stay out of it.

Well we're already in it, seeing as our foreign aid is propping up Israel politically and militarily, and our government's rhetoric has pretty much set the stage for any coming conflict.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    man, i'm glad i'm not super hung over. that was a ton of wine. i usually make to drink some water but i didn't bother to last night.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

IT AFFECTS ME, JERK

WW3 affects you more

That's a maybe, but also include that it's election year (great time to look tough, terrible time to lose moderate conservatives by not protecting Israel) and that it's pretty likely that any war will start with a false-flag operation...

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Stirred my tea for two minutes before remembering I hadn't put anything in it to stir yet.

I spent 4-5 minutes staring blankly at loose unflavoured black leaf tea at the supermarket. I think I must have looked like I was on something, especially if the observer knew that there were only 4 different types, all budget range, all within about 2% of each other's price/size range

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    edited February 2012

IT AFFECTS ME, JERK

WW3 affects you more

Well we're already in it, seeing as our foreign aid is propping up Israel politically and militarily, and our government's rhetoric has pretty much set the stage for any coming conflict.[/quote]

You haven't been unconditionally supporting Israel.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    jakobagger wrote:

They've got enough trouble keeping their own country together, you can discard a lot of "america=devil" as attempts to create a common enemy for everyone to rally against. Although airing a Republican debate is probably a lot more effective than having Potato yell at stuff for an hour.

Yeah exactly. Also, I like that you're calling him Potato, and that I got the reference.

but it's a maybe

just saying that it's not a 100% that the US will join

depends on what happens

ftOqU21.png
    I had a dream a few days ago that i was walking around a city which was completely empty. I went from "this is not how things are" and instead of realizing it was a dream, somehow I became convinced that I had died.

I started losing my shit, 1. Because I had nothing in place to deal with the idea that there is an afterlife 2. If assorted religions are correct about eternal afterlives then I was going to spend the rest oftime alone.

I remember this increasingly desperate desire to get back to warmth and humans (no sense of temperature in dreams for me) until I finally woke up all teary and confused.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I swear to god, Poseidon hates me.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Damn dEUS makes weird-ass clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU0Q0U08gAc
    jakobagger wrote:
    Also, I like that you're calling him Potato, and that I got the reference.
    It's such a great nickname. :)

but it's a maybe

just saying that it's not a 100% that the US will join

depends on what happens

I really hope we wouldn't. We have like, zero amounts of good will left over from being douches with respect to Iraq, I don't like the idea of proving to the world again that we will invade people for trying to defend themselves.

This discussion has been closed.