As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Avengers: AvX CHAMPIONS. "wedabes" declares Captain America.

• HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I bought this issue thinking Venom would actually, you know, do something in this issue since he is on the cover. I guess coming in blind to the series just because Venom was on the cover was going to smack me in the face.

So, he just joined THIS ISSUE? There was no build up to it? Just wondering. I am trying to keep track of any Venom related story.

Yep.

Honestly, if you like the current Venom series and if you have checked out Uncanny X-Force at all, you may as well try and get the previous two issues of Secret Avengers, since they're the start of this entire run. It looks like it is going to be pretty boss, and I imagine it will have more Venom from here on out, with the exception of the early AvX tie-in stuff.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Finally, he asked, "Love how you've been using the Kree in your FF run, so wondered if you'll be playing with other Kree elements like Noh-Varr/Protector or Captain Marvel who's returning in Remender's 'Secret Avengers'?"

Hickman: Well, I'm a big fan of all the Cosmic Marvel stuff. I think there's a lot there that is worth mining and reintroducing or revisiting. And I think people that are fans of the Cosmic line of stuff are going to be really, really happy with where we're heading -- not just with the FF but in the broader Marvel U plans that I'm included in. It's going to be very exciting for fans of all things Kree, all things Shi'ar and all things cosmic in the next year.

CYpGAPn.png
    Ohh man.

Cosmic Marvel by Hickman?

I'm there.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I'm sorry, Solar's not available right now as he is on Cloud 9

Please call later

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

Please call later

She's just a kid, man.

edited February 2012
    Hensler wrote: »

Please call later

She's just a kid, man.

She was employed by the US government to shoot people in the head, I'm pretty sure she's legal

Solar on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Every time someone mentions one of the Initiative members, I feel the emptiness left inside of me. They really need to put out a book that rotates team to team and highlights some of those H list super hero kids. Some of them were pretty cool.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
    Yeah, I miss them too

Though a lot of them did turn up in the recent Fear Itself: Youth in Revolt mini, which I greatly enjoyed

I do feel that Marvel has this great new generation of teen heroes like Gravity and the Initiative heroes who are being pretty under-used right now. A wide-ranging team book, like you say, could do well for that. Wonder if they used the New Warriors title and just used that to include all those younger, newer characters? Might work.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I would trade every character in Avengers Academy away to get the Initiative cast back.

I cannot say I would stop you, to be honest

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Let's not get crazy here, Finesse is great.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
    On Bizarro world, maybe

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular

Though a lot of them did turn up in the recent Fear Itself: Youth in Revolt mini, which I greatly enjoyed

Even with the stupid Powerball/Gravity fight, that was still the best thing to come out Fear Itself.

Even with the stupid Powerball/Gravity fight, that was still the best thing to come out Fear Itself.

The Black Panther tie-in was utterly fantastic. Other than that, I agree with you

Solar wrote:

The Black Panther tie-in was utterly fantastic. Other than that, I agree with you
    I would say Journey into Mystery but Solar is a smelly doofus

so I am saying Monkey King instead

CYpGAPn.png
    Yeah that was good too

Shame Iron Man 2.0 was cancelled, I was enjoying it

Still not as good as Black Panther though. That getting cancelled makes me pretty sad.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    seems like Marvel cancelled a lot of good titles last year. how many are they down to now?

How many titles have they cancelled?

Err, Iron Man 2.0 was cancelled a while back. Black Panther and X-23 have been cancelled, and Gen Hope is finishing up.

Of those, I was reading three. X-23 doesn't bother me that much. Still, it's pretty sad when the only two minority-lead solo books and the only woman solo book are cancelled, though I guess it was just the sales, really.

I'd expect a few new solo series out of AvX though. I've heard rumours of an Iron Fist solo book.

Didn't Spider-Girl have a series that got cancelled?

Yeah, but that was a while back now I think

That was a shame too. It was a good teen series.

okay yeah, Young Allies was cancelled in 2010

really too bad, Rikki and Arana are great characters

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Yeah, I miss them too

I do feel that Marvel has this great new generation of teen heroes like Gravity and the Initiative heroes who are being pretty under-used right now. A wide-ranging team book, like you say, could do well for that. Wonder if they used the New Warriors title and just used that to include all those younger, newer characters? Might work.

That's the downside to being a new hero at Marvel & DC. When their titles get cancelled they're rarely used or stuck in limbo. The lucky ones are popular enough amongst the talent or readers to have permanent roles on different titles the rest are screwed.

• FuruFuru Registered User regular
    okay yeah, Young Allies was cancelled in 2010

really too bad, Rikki and Arana are great characters

Truth.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:

Err, Iron Man 2.0 was cancelled a while back. Black Panther and X-23 have been cancelled, and Gen Hope is finishing up.

Of those, I was reading three. X-23 doesn't bother me that much. Still, it's pretty sad when the only two minority-lead solo books and the only woman solo book are cancelled, though I guess it was just the sales, really.

I'd expect a few new solo series out of AvX though. I've heard rumours of an Iron Fist solo book.

daken
    alpha flight
    all-winners squad
    that destroyers mini

huntresssig.jpg
    Arivia wrote: »
    Solar wrote:

daken
    alpha flight
    all-winners squad
    that destroyers mini

Yeah those too

Alpha Flight was an extended mini in the first place, dunno why they decided to turn it into an ongoing anyway

Apart from that the only one I am really sad about is Destroyers. That could have been great, but it never even got off the ground.

That Doom mini that was halfway done and was cancelled before even the first issue was released.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see what ends up happening after AvX title wise.

also

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/24/avengers-vs-x-men-1-advance-orders-to-top-200000/

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    just because i don't respond to a rumor doesn't make it true. it means i enjoy the circus. :) what i am doing after AVX is so much crazier than anyone thinks

CYpGAPn.png
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    brian michael bendis to write howard the duck ongoing, you heard it here first

huntresssig.jpg
    Huh

interesting stuff

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see what ends up happening after AvX title wise.

also

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/24/avengers-vs-x-men-1-advance-orders-to-top-200000/

I still can't believe the only crossover books so far for the story are Vs, all 4 Avengers books and 3 X-titles. It's such a shame Fear Itself ballooned into such a mess because had it stayed a small crossover between Thor and IIM then this whole A vs. X hype would be even more special.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I still think Bendis will write an X-Men book or books, it kind of feels like a Darwyn Cooke Watchmen thing he's going for. And that also doesn't stop him from writing another book in the 616 or Marvel Universe, or even doing more animated work.

TexiKen wrote: »
    I still think Bendis will write an X-Men book or books, it kind of feels like a Darwyn Cooke Watchmen thing he's going for. And that also doesn't stop him from writing another book in the 616 or Marvel Universe, or even doing more animated work.

What's he done in animation?

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    He's part of the writing group for the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon coming up this year, and I could see him doing some Avengers cartoon work or something else in TV.

I think Bendis also wrote an episode of the 2002 MTV Spider-man cartoon as well.

Arivia wrote:
    brian michael bendis to write howard the duck ongoing, you heard it here first

I'd buy that.

Wasn't the last issue of Children's Crusade supposed to come out next week?

I dunno man

That thing is moving so goddamn slow

I don't see the issue anywhere on Marvel's March solicits either.

TexiKen wrote: »
    He's part of the writing group for the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon coming up this year, and I could see him doing some Avengers cartoon work or something else in TV.

Maybe that's what his goal is. His screenwriting style definitely fits that medium better then comics, with a few exceptions*. Once he retires from comics (if it ever occurs) transitioning into animation would be the next logical step.

* Daredevil, Ultimate Spider-man

This discussion has been closed.