As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] T-Minus 10 days and counting. Pre-release hype ignition confirmed.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    miranda's is kinda sad

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    ok Grunt's search history is my favorite thing so far

it's adorable
    tyrannosaurus wrex

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    miranda's is kinda sad

yeah definitely

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    LA Noire except you're a turian cop working for C-Sec

My face lit up with the biggest smile as soon as I heard that suggestion on our podcast.

Because it would be the best thing.

Reading facial expressions will be the worst!

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    On the face of it that does seem to be the shittier choice

but

what if you let him out and then never help him through puberty?

Yea, it's one of the reasons I was asking about loyalty. I want to know what triggers what and all that.

I've already hate fucked Jack and won't be upgrading the armor....so sad for her.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Grunt's upgrade option is to hook him up with the Claymore.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I wish you could give grunt an actual claymore

either the explosive or the sword

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I wish I could solo shep the entirety of Mass Effect 2.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Sorry @Druhim, I was already in a party at the time when you tried to invite me. Thanks though

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    ok so I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before, but is there any way to convert your ME2 saves from the xbox so they can be used on the PC? Preordering a physical copy of the 360 version will cost me more and would take longer to arrive, so I want to know if there's any way to move my saved games over to a computer.

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    asked and answered several times a day, even though the info is in the OP.
    http://masseffectsaves.com/xbox.php

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Joolander wrote: »

i would pay at least $20 to have this guy in my party

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Oh man that groundskeeper.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    love that turian

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Turians rule

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Turians are my favorite alien race.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

I'm more of a Salarian fan, but Turians are pretty great too.

Asari are on the council because they were there first. Turians and Salarians are there because they get shit done.

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

I'm more of a Salarian fan, but Turians are pretty great too.

Asari are on the council because they were there first. Turians and Salarians are there because they get shit done.

Don't forget humans are on the council too. They get shit done to a degree the others can't comprehend. Look at the galaxy map in ME3. We own a third of the territory and as much space as the council races put together.

Welcome to the own zone, motherfuckers.

• Options

Same here. Love the Turians.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    PART of the problem was I was also going for the Turian Ally achievement and I don't know if I leveled up Garrus wrong or what but he was about as sturdy as a wet paper bag

as soon as I got the achievement I switched him out for Liara and Illos and the battle for the Citadel were total jokes
    Yeah, Garrus doesn't last for shit unless you max out his Electronics skill (it boosts his shields) and give him Colossus Armor.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    It sounds like NYPD was called in after the copies meant to land in the city did. Anyone have details on what happened?

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Gotta keep those violent nerd gangs down.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:

Same here. Love the Turians.
    Word.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    So, doing a scorched earth playthrough and I'm now to the point of choosing to leave Grunt in the tank or let him out.

I'm thinking he says in.

Thoughts?

Also, if anyone has that chart of what upgrades affect who and who dies when if they aren't loyal...that would be mighty helpful. I have plans.

Spoilered for big:
    suisidemissionfinal8.jpg

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    It sounds like NYPD was called in after the copies meant to land in the city did. Anyone have details on what happened?
    they probably thought it was islamist propaganda.
    "hamas effect"

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    the phantom instant kill attack is so fucking stupid

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    ladies please get your bumps outta here

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Duke PhillipsDuke Phillips Registered User regular
    Killed by phantom, revive self, assaulted briefly by atlas/phantom combo before phantom insta-kill.

Best 20 seconds.

PSN/Origin: Grizz359
    Steam: Grizz
    3DS: 4038-6012-7259
    T4CT wrote: »
    everyone deserves space vaginas for christmas
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    also I fucked up noveria in a bunch of hilarious ways

-In Port Hanshan I handed the hanar's smuggled weapon mods over to Anoleis, which, unbeknownst to me, let me skip friggin' everything there. I still did all those sidequests to get Anoleis arrested, because fuck him

-At Peak 15, I used the Neutron Purge on the Rachni as soon as I got there, which apparently makes all of the survivors turn against you, forcing me to kill them to get to Benezia. Never even got to talk to that shell-shocked volus. :(

I thought you couldn't even get into the room with the purge switch until after you'd dealt with the queen

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

Turians don't dance, huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWYUiVfZo9k

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    the phantom instant kill attack is so fucking stupid

stand still more

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

love that Turian

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Finally beat insanity horizon!

Goddamn.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular

ahahaha

"update thane"

shepard what are you doing, you're not supposed to be watching a dancing turian

CRITICAL MISSION FAILURE

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    also I fucked up noveria in a bunch of hilarious ways

-In Port Hanshan I handed the hanar's smuggled weapon mods over to Anoleis, which, unbeknownst to me, let me skip friggin' everything there. I still did all those sidequests to get Anoleis arrested, because fuck him

-At Peak 15, I used the Neutron Purge on the Rachni as soon as I got there, which apparently makes all of the survivors turn against you, forcing me to kill them to get to Benezia. Never even got to talk to that shell-shocked volus. :(

I thought you couldn't even get into the room with the purge switch until after you'd dealt with the queen

You can turn around and do it straight away, but that removes all the NPC and turns all the guards hostile. It's basically the wrong way.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    update thane

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    that turian is me irl

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    update thane

Look, I am on PC and I don't want to patch thane manually.

• Options
    tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    So apparently the German magazine gamestar has come out with their ME3 review, here is a summary I got from BSN (no spoilers)
    -15-20 hour-long main quest
    -Around 40 hours playtime in total- side missions are vital to amass enough opposition to the Reaper threat
    -90 minutes of cutscenes
    -No loose ends or cliffhangers, the game is truly an appropriate end to the trilogy with a very intense and touching finale
    -More than 100 scenes, conversations and/or events change depending on our choices after importing a save-game from ME2- from something small like someone thanking us for completing a mission to bigger repercussions which would be to spoilerous to write down- you are definitely going to feel the consequences, and not always like them
    -If and how many of these quests we complete influences how the game ends, and who- individually and globally- survives
    -While the game can be enjoyable for newcomers as well, because the game is strong on its own mechanically and story-wise, it is recommended to play the first two entries to make more sense out of the wealth of information that the game builds on
    -There's an interesting sequence after the end credits
    -The „Role-Play“ mode of the game (In contrast to „Action“ and „Story“) feels very much like ME1
    -The game gives you more opportunity to customize your Shepard. Each class has 8 talents with 6 levels each, and up from Level 4 there are two branches to choose from to level up each individual talent differently. Weapon customization is also a factor and noticeable, but the effects (which have both pros and cons) are only marginal
    -Balancing isn't optimal
    -The game is noticeably more difficult up from „Medium“, which makes using the correct weapon mods and talents integral to survive. Shepard also shoots more accurately in cover.
    -The AI, on the other hand, is still not very advanced
    -There are multiple turret sections which aren't very well directed
    -Despite the shortcomings in level design, which are similar to ME2, the game is constantly thrilling, spectacular and dramatic- largely thanks to the well-presented story and dialogue- and there are lot of small and large choices again to ponder on
    -Scanning isn't nearly as repetitive as before, because it works a lot quicker now and incorporates a new mini-game where you have to navigate your ship away from Reaper threat
    -The new melee option is fun, but a little overpowered
    -Graphically, the low polycount, lack of detail and low texture resolution disappoints- the characters are well animated and modeled however, and the overall look, despite its age, is quite moody
    -Great dynamic soundtrack and sound-effects
    -Our progress in the war effort is constantly trackable on a terminal on the Normandy
    Sound 10/10 Quests/Plot 10/10 Characters 10/10 Combat 8/10 And all other areas 9/10 Overall 9/10

• Options
    AnosognosAnosognos Who wants to play video games?Registered User regular
    Finally beat insanity horizon!

Goddamn.

Have fun on insanity collector ship.

Beemo_Controller.png
This discussion has been closed.