As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Lay off the DLC arguments. USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    You can actually shoot both of the scions from the top of the stairs on Horizon without aggroing them.

• Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    no character below level 15, or better yet 20, should be allowed to play gold. It makes it almost impossible to find a team that could survive wave 1.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    It's worth noting that Kahlee has no determinable personality, or indeed, achieves anything in the entire book besides losing two Academy students to the dumbest biotic cult alive.

Anderson would have been better off with a pet iguana.

The only reason I made it is because Kai Leng is the new god of trolling in Mass Effect, and manages to kill a lot of very stupid people.

RenegadeShep should be able to recruit Kai Leng as a party member.

Dude sounds like he'd fit in.

I know Taky said we weren't getting any additional DLC characters beyond possible mission specific ones, but pure Renegade Shepard and Kai Leng would get along *fantastically*.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    The following takes place in Anderson's Citadel apartment.

Working with the speed and certainty of the experienced operative that he was, Leng placed the pickups in locations that, when taken together, would provide complete coverage of everything that took place in the apartment. Then, having placed a wireless tap under the comm console, he was done. Or should have been done. But Leng was something of an adrenaline junkie and enjoyed being where he was. That’s why he checked the cupboards, located some cereal, and had breakfast before putting everything back exactly as it had been. It was his apartment now, meaning a place where everything that happened would be known to him, and to Cerberus. The thought pleased him and Leng was still smiling as he left.

Kahlee overhears a long conversation with Gillian where's like "I'm totally going to kill the Illusive Man," storms out, and Kahlee says to let her walk it off because she'll totally listen to reason later.

when does he piss in the vase?

and lol an adrenaline junkie casually eats cereal and tidies up.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    You can actually shoot both of the scions from the top of the stairs on Horizon without aggroing them.

I will feel no guilt at all cheesing this fight! This is perfect.

• Options

yeah.. it doesnt end there.

say hai to that ..thing for me.

• Options
    I'll try to find it later. In the meanwhile, here is the tale of Hobar the Volus Beggar King of Omega.

The krogans were still out front, and everything looked normal, as Leng set off to visit the Beggar King. His name was Hobar, he was a Volus, and something of an institution on Omega. The title stemmed from Hobar's position as the proprietor of a large network of professional and semiprofessional beggars, all of whom paid the volus 10% of their daily take in return for what he liked to call "management services."

But hobar had a secondary line of business as well. His network of beggars was so ubiquitous that they saw everything worth seeing. A capability that Leng planned to take great advantage of.

Hobar's favorite booth had been modified to accommodate both his rotund body and the power chair that stood in for his missing legs. No one knew how or why the bilateral amputations had taken place, although there were dark rumors that the volus had his legs removed in order to look more pitiful. If so the strategy had been successful, because Hobar had taken the money given to him by passersby and parlayed it into a successful if shabby Empire.

It's like the fucking Wizard of Oz man.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    and lol an adrenaline junkie casually eats cereal and tidies up.

Yeah, that ranks right up there with ...

422231_10150718638190864_627550863_11486096_101004536_n.jpg

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Kai Leng is such an adrenaline junkie that when he gets home he does his ironing and washing-up at the same time. The man is a renegade.

• Options
    Kai Leng is such an adrenaline junkie that when he does laundry he uses detergent and softener. The guy is off the hook.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I feel as if I have been diminished as a person by reading that.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Kai Leng is such an adrenaline junkie that when you invite him to your house-warming party, he brings some scented candles as a gift. He's a complete whacko.

• Options
    It gets better. The bar fight where Kai Leng kills a krogan is described in flashback, but it's barely worth repeating. Anyway, apparently the prison he gets sent to is an Alliance Facility set up like Escape from New York. The prisoners are thrown in with no oversight and allowed to kill each other with impunity while the guards watch from the towers.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Kai Leng is so hardcore he eats his crunchy cereal without any milk. He's a madman.

CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Stole this from SE++. First ME3 review. Not the entire review but bullet points and a score.
    tayvaan wrote: »
    So apparently the German magazine gamestar has come out with their ME3 review, here is a summary I got from BSN (no spoilers)
    -15-20 hour-long main quest
    -Around 40 hours playtime in total- side missions are vital to amass enough opposition to the Reaper threat
    -90 minutes of cutscenes
    -No loose ends or cliffhangers, the game is truly an appropriate end to the trilogy with a very intense and touching finale
    -More than 100 scenes, conversations and/or events change depending on our choices after importing a save-game from ME2- from something small like someone thanking us for completing a mission to bigger repercussions which would be to spoilerous to write down- you are definitely going to feel the consequences, and not always like them
    -If and how many of these quests we complete influences how the game ends, and who- individually and globally- survives
    -While the game can be enjoyable for newcomers as well, because the game is strong on its own mechanically and story-wise, it is recommended to play the first two entries to make more sense out of the wealth of information that the game builds on
    -There's an interesting sequence after the end credits
    -The „Role-Play“ mode of the game (In contrast to „Action“ and „Story“) feels very much like ME1
    -The game gives you more opportunity to customize your Shepard. Each class has 8 talents with 6 levels each, and up from Level 4 there are two branches to choose from to level up each individual talent differently. Weapon customization is also a factor and noticeable, but the effects (which have both pros and cons) are only marginal
    -Balancing isn't optimal
    -The game is noticeably more difficult up from „Medium“, which makes using the correct weapon mods and talents integral to survive. Shepard also shoots more accurately in cover.
    -The AI, on the other hand, is still not very advanced
    -There are multiple turret sections which aren't very well directed
    -Despite the shortcomings in level design, which are similar to ME2, the game is constantly thrilling, spectacular and dramatic- largely thanks to the well-presented story and dialogue- and there are lot of small and large choices again to ponder on
    -Scanning isn't nearly as repetitive as before, because it works a lot quicker now and incorporates a new mini-game where you have to navigate your ship away from Reaper threat
    -The new melee option is fun, but a little overpowered
    -Graphically, the low polycount, lack of detail and low texture resolution disappoints- the characters are well animated and modeled however, and the overall look, despite its age, is quite moody
    -Great dynamic soundtrack and sound-effects
    -Our progress in the war effort is constantly trackable on a terminal on the Normandy
    Sound 10/10 Quests/Plot 10/10 Characters 10/10 Combat 8/10 And all other areas 9/10 Overall 9/10

well that sounds okay I guess

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Stole this from SE++. First ME3 review. Not the entire review but bullet points and a score.
    So apparently the German magazine gamestar has come out with their ME3 review, here is a summary I got from BSN (no spoilers)
    -Around 40 hours playtime in total- side missions are vital to amass enough opposition to the Reaper threat
    -90 minutes of cutscenes
    -No loose ends or cliffhangers, the game is truly an appropriate end to the trilogy with a very intense and touching finale
    -More than 100 scenes, conversations and/or events change depending on our choices after importing a save-game from ME2- from something small like someone thanking us for completing a mission to bigger repercussions which would be to spoilerous to write down- you are definitely going to feel the consequences, and not always like them
    -If and how many of these quests we complete influences how the game ends, and who- individually and globally- survives
    -While the game can be enjoyable for newcomers as well, because the game is strong on its own mechanically and story-wise, it is recommended to play the first two entries to make more sense out of the wealth of information that the game builds on
    -The „Role-Play“ mode of the game (In contrast to „Action“ and „Story“) feels very much like ME1
    -The game gives you more opportunity to customize your Shepard. Each class has 8 talents with 6 levels each, and up from Level 4 there are two branches to choose from to level up each individual talent differently. Weapon customization is also a factor and noticeable, but the effects (which have both pros and cons) are only marginal
    -Balancing isn't optimal
    -The game is noticeably more difficult up from „Medium“, which makes using the correct weapon mods and talents integral to survive. Shepard also shoots more accurately in cover.
    -Despite the shortcomings in level design, which are similar to ME2, the game is constantly thrilling, spectacular and dramatic- largely thanks to the well-presented story and dialogue- and there are lot of small and large choices again to ponder on
    -Scanning isn't nearly as repetitive as before, because it works a lot quicker now and incorporates a new mini-game where you have to navigate your ship away from Reaper threat
    -Graphically, the low polycount, lack of detail and low texture resolution disappoints- the characters are well animated and modeled however, and the overall look, despite its age, is quite moody
    -Our progress in the war effort is constantly trackable on a terminal on the Normandy
    Sound 10/10 Quests/Plot 10/10 Characters 10/10 Combat 8/10 And all other areas 9/10 Overall 9/10

9/10?

PRE-ORDER TAKEN OUT BEHIND THE BARN AND SHOT

CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    They gave ME2 an 8.8 so that's a thing

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular

yeah.. it doesnt end there.

say hai to that ..thing for me.

Oh, I know theres more. But maybe if I can just get past the husks/scions, the rest of the fight won't be too bad..... hahaha... ahhh :|

• Options
    Kai Leng is so hardcore he eats his crunchy cereal without any milk. He's a madman.

Kai Leng is living so close to the edge of reason that he has two sugars in his espresso instead of the usual one.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Kai Leng is so goddamn nuts he uses his left and right-turn signal. Jesus Christ.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    -90 minutes of cutscenes
    -Balancing isn't optimal

9/10?

PRE-ORDER TAKEN OUT BEHIND THE BARN AND SHOT

I am so not a BioWare Socialite, ME3 could get 4 out of a possible Punch in the Dick and my excitement wouldn't waver. I must not be a real fan.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Kai Leng is such an adrenaline junkie that when you invite him to your house-warming party, he brings some scented candles as a gift. He's a complete whacko.

Kai Leng is such an adrenaline junkie that when he files his taxes...he puts down a spouse.

• Options
    Kai Leng is such a madman that when he goes on extranet forums and starts to make repeated jokes about his curious blend of domesticity and psychopathy, he limits his spree to just one post so as to not beat a dead horse.

• Options
    GamgeeGamgee Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Like all other civilized peoples who know the good word that is Mass Effect, I'm finishing up yet another ME2 playthrough to import into ME3. Finishing LotSB though, I caught something that I didn't catch the first time around... -DLC Speculation from LotSB, spoilers are just the DLC character-
    Liara mentions that the Shadow Broker was looking into the Protheans, and knew a lot about them, including that the Collectors were in fact Protheans. She also mentions that he thinks the Protheans were hiding something - something that would help him survive the Reapers. Something like a hidden base of surviving Protheans maybe, where we get our Brothean from?

Edit: Also, since this is the first time I did this with a char that romanced Liara in the first game (LotSB spoilers only, no ME3)
    I finally got to see the interaction between them. It was also bloody depressing - that bit where he tells her that they're all going to die, she wonders why they bother with any of it, he confesses he wonders the same way sometimes, she goes back to work and he sits there just looking down at the two still full glasses of wine... man. Poor Shep :(

Gamgee on
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Blarg I wish there was a difficulty level between silver and gold. Endless waves of Atlai and Phantoms gets a little crazy*plus when your squad wastes their missiles on wave 4-5 it doesn't help*.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    WAVE 10 gold

2-3 phantoms, 2 atlas left

... and I'm the only one left on my team

HATE

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I really hope that, in a few years, ME and 2 get rereleased in ME3's engine. Infinite ammo is fun, but high gun variety is better.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Y
    Dragkonias wrote:
    -90 minutes of cutscenes
    -Balancing isn't optimal

This game will score well on name alone from most (all?) of the usual reviewers.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I really hope that, in a few years, ME and 2 get rereleased in ME3's engine. Infinite ammo is fun, but high gun variety is better.

Screw that, they should just release a complete edition that is all three games combined into one. As for ammo, you should be able to choose which sink type you use with a weapon mod.

wilting on
  • Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Blarg I wish there was a difficulty level between silver and gold. Endless waves of Atlai and Phantoms gets a little crazy*plus when your squad wastes their missiles on wave 4-5 it doesn't help*.

If by crazy, you mean tedious. That's something I hope gets changed (got changed) in balancing. Rather than gold be a whole lot of the strong type of enemies, it's just like silver with stronger and smarter enemies. But smart enemies were never a strength of the ME franchise. Though they do seem to be a bit smarter than in ME2 in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I think the multiplayer is GREAT. And I feel the demo is tuned well in number and composition of enemies at silver, so I'd rather they keep that nearly the same and just make them better on gold.

Vicktor on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Last one for today:

Then as the casket was closed and pushed into the wall, the woman who wasn't going to cry began to do so. Deep sobs racked her body as she stood head down in front of the name that had been chiseled into the marble. But none of the others dared embrace her, or to offer words of solace, because Aria T'Loak was the Pirate Queen. And to touch her was to die.

"However," the Illusive Man continued as he tapped some ash into a tray, "passion is a very dangerous thing. Take your case for example. The Alliance arrested you for killing a krogan in a bar fight. A krogan for god's sake... With a knife. They should have given you a medal. Instead they sent you off to prison. And the injustice of that made you so passionate about the human cause that you were transformed from the equivalent of raw ore into a finished blade. So in considering Gillian's fate it's important to look beyond what she is to what she might become. And that is someone dangerous.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Y
    Dragkonias wrote:
    -90 minutes of cutscenes
    -Balancing isn't optimal

This game will score well on name alone from most (all?) of the usual reviewers.

Well...that could be because it's a well-made game and all.

But sure.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    i just got called an "self righteous - self-indulged idiot fanboy" on another forum for posting facts and actual information about me3 rather than jumping on the hate bandwagon. i feel so proud.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    If we don't get an epic 2 hour movie grade cinematic battle between Aria and Leng I will be disappointed.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    i just got called an "self righteous - self-indulged idiot fanboy" on another forum for posting facts and actual information about me3 rather than jumping on the hate bandwagon. i feel so proud.

We don't want your facts! We want to bitch and rage about dumb shit!

• Options
    CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    It feels weird that ME3 is out in less than two weeks and there still isn't a full NPC list. I understand that they're paring the number of NPCs from that in ME2, but there surely must be more than seven, right?

exmac.png
  • Options

Lies. Since when has the internet ever jumped to a hasty, ill-conceived, reactionary opinion about anything? Ever?

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Cojones wrote: »
    It feels weird that ME3 is out in less than two weeks and there still isn't a full NPC list. I understand that they're paring the number of NPCs from that in ME2, but there surely must be more than seven, right?

You will have six squadmates, but there will be dozens of NPCs.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Last one for today:

Then as the casket was closed and pushed into the wall, the woman who wasn't going to cry began to do so. Deep sobs racked her body as she stood head down in front of the name that had been chiseled into the marble. But none of the others dared embrace her, or to offer words of solace, because Aria T'Loak was the Pirate Queen. And to touch her was to die.

"However," the Illusive Man continued as he tapped some ash into a tray, "passion is a very dangerous thing. Take your case for example. The Alliance arrested you for killing a krogan in a bar fight. A krogan for god's sake... With a knife. They should have given you a medal. Instead they sent you off to prison. And the injustice of that made you so passionate about the human cause that you were transformed from the equivalent of raw ore into a finished blade. So in considering Gillian's fate it's important to look beyond what she is to what she might become. And that is someone dangerous.

Sigh.

And look at what a master does with 100 words (Vorkosigan saga predictable spoilers that have no bearing on any plot points seen yet, but may in future books):

Mark

Mark had once shot a man with a nerve disruptor; seen the surprised eyes go blank as the charge burned out the brain behind them. He didn't know why watching Miles take in the news of their Father's death made that black memory surface. No buzz or crackle from a weapon here; just three quiet words.

It wasn't for hours, after the scramble to rearrange travel, that he realized he'd witnessed the truth. As if harnessed in tandem to the Count-his-father, Lord Vorkosigan had died in that moment, too, old life draining away along with the color from his face.

Ivan

The state funeral ran for a grueling week. Ivan watched Miles mount the podium to present the eulogy. Gregor'd lent his best speechwriters; Miles had edited. Still, Ivan held his breath when Miles clutched the flimsies in a shaking fist and almost, almost cast them away to deliver his wounded words ex tempore.

Till his eye fell on his children, squirming and confused in the front row between their mother and grandmother. He hesitated, smoothed out the flimsies, began reading. The new Count's speech was everything it should be; many wept.

Ivan wondered what the old Miles would have said.

Orca on
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    omg. I actually led the leaderboard on a pubbie bronze run earlier. the human engineer is just a killing machine!