As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WrestleMania XXVIII] So long from the sunshine state

• Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    Yea I say it mostly in jest, just kills me when we hear how awful Miz is for missing truth after truth jumped early, then big show is hurting orton and barrett but its cool because its big show!

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    The problem was they just had the Funkasaurus squash people, nothing else

Should have had done a backstage segment or two with Santino or Johnny Ace or well anybody

and saying Clay needed more "experience" but then just sent him home? That was dumb, that's why NXT and Superstars exist

Clay just worked a house show a day or two ago so he's back on the road for now.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Schide wrote: »
    On that "list" remember to consider the source. The "observer" isn't exactly the most neutral party in existence. Not saying WCW towards the end wasn't WCW-tastic, but you do have to take some things with a bucket of salt.

edit: hell that goes for them with the WWE now even.

What exactly are you taking about?

I think he means that the Observer is not always correct in their "facts".

The Observer hated WCW because they were shit, especially compared to everything else that was going on at the time. In addition the "Observer not getting it's facts right" it pretty funny considering most people here read internet wrestling websites that copy their "Facts" from the Observer, and/or just make shit up like Wrestlezone. So at the end of the day the Observer really is a head of all other publications that are out there. (excluding the other proper ones like the Torch.)

Hell, I read 411mania, but at least I have a fair idea when they are just making shit up or reporting spurious internet rumours.

Oh and lastly, the other thing to consider is that you can't be sure those quotes were just made up, unless you actually own the observers or are prepared to wait 6 years for the old issues to go up on the internet. :)

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
    Schide wrote: »
    On that "list" remember to consider the source. The "observer" isn't exactly the most neutral party in existence. Not saying WCW towards the end wasn't WCW-tastic, but you do have to take some things with a bucket of salt.

edit: hell that goes for them with the WWE now even.

What exactly are you taking about?

I think he means that the Observer is not always correct in their "facts".

The Observer hated WCW because they were shit, especially compared to everything else that was going on at the time. In addition the "Observer not getting it's facts right" it pretty funny considering most people here read internet wrestling websites that copy their "Facts" from the Observer, and or just make shit up like Wrestlezone. So at the end of the day the Observer really is a head of all other publications that are out there. (excluding the other proper ones like the Torch.)

The Observer does get their shit right more often than not I'll admit.

• Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular

Should have had done a backstage segment or two with Santino or Johnny Ace or well anybody

and saying Clay needed more "experience" but then just sent him home? That was dumb, that's why NXT and Superstars exist

Clay just worked a house show a day or two ago so he's back on the road for now.

I have to agree that Brodus should be spending some time on TV backstage though, even if it is just to make a funny face after Natty farts or something.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

I have to agree that Brodus should be spending some time on TV backstage though, even if it is just to make a funny face after Natty farts or something.

I hear her farts are pretty Funky

3basnids3lf9.jpg

That is what Smackdown! has led me to believe, playah.

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    OK I'm sorry i abandonmed that because I got drunk too fast and started singing tom waits intsead of wrigint about bad Wresting

edited February 2012
    I would rather have an mp3 of the concert of the century instead of your nitro review.

edit: Or a livestream.

Amikron Devalia on
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Noooooo

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    Include the singing with the review and you would have yourself a hit.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Hell, I read 411mania, but at least I have a fair idea when they are just making shit up or reporting spurious internet rumours.

To be fair, I fired my fact-checker...eight years ago.

Also, reporting on spurious internet rumours is so much more fun than actual reporting.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    411Randle wrote: »

To be fair, I fired my fact-checker...eight years ago.

Also, reporting on spurious internet rumours is so much more fun than actual reporting.

I can see how that would be true.

HHH has backstage heat with catering because they wouldn't get him the water he wanted. Quote from HHH: The dasani water doesn't fly as far when I spit it out of my mouth during my entrance!

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Just saw someone post this on Facebook and it made me laugh
    Ya That's Hulk Hogan. We work together. We help change lives on a daily basis.

what I love the absolute most is we are servant driven leaders. We don't do nasty or greedy things, we lift each other and help each other get promotions day after day.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Oh my fuck that reminds me. I have to watch Impact right now. God. Dammit.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Damn, i must really have not been paying attention at all back in the day, because as i watch "WWE The Epic Journey of Dwayne The Rock Johnson", i noticed that Mark Henry was in the Nation of Domination.

i was like waaaaa? He was around then?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Mark Henry is timeless

Oh god DX and The Nation fued, man i miss those feuds!

See WWE needs to bring back stables, I started watching wrestling steadily starting with Chris Jerichos recent return, so can anyone tell me what the current stables that exist right now?

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    there's really only swagger and ziggler workin' for vickie

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    there was the corre

but

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    The last good one was the Nexus.

At least it started out good...

Funk, the Funkettes, and your momma are in a stable. You should call her to find out more info.

Seriously though I've thought that there should really be a couple stables for awhile now. I was hoping with the Nexus they would get back to actually utilizing such things properly but we saw how quickly that fizzled out. Granted, they sort of blew their load quick and the stuff with Cena was almost painful after a month, but there was a glimmer of hope for a little bit at least!

edited February 2012
    LMAO So they are covering Rocks "finally the rock has come back ..." catch phrase,

and on the last one for Milwaukee, his voice kinda goes high and squeaks, he just looks out and has this little 'i hope no one noticed' smile, i laughed so hard.

Devlin_Dragonus on

"Weeelllll its the Big Slowwww!!!"

Man the shtick with Rock confusing famous catch phrases with his own is just hilarious, i can't believe i forgot about that.

"And the Rock says this, Whatcha gonna do when the 24... no wait, thats not it, thats not it."

"To be the man, Woooooo.. you got to beat the man... (looks around confused) thats not it."

Oh this is awesome, this thing has the survivor series match where the Spanish announce table collapsed underneath Triple H and Kurt Angle and took Angle out.

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Man the shtick with Rock confusing famous catch phrases with his own is just hilarious, i can't believe i forgot about that.

"And the Rock says this, Whatcha gonna do when the 24... no wait, thats not it, thats not it."

"To be the man, Woooooo.. you got to beat the man... (looks around confused) thats not it."

That is one of my favorite promos of all time.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I find far too much amusement in an Everybody Talks Too Much segment featuring Jericho with this gimmick.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I never actually saw Miz botching the R-Truth catch before that vid.

That was bad.

euj90n71sojo.png
    edited February 2012
    FCW spoilers about Kassius Ohno:
    March 11:

Kassius Ohno goes to the interview/promo area and he says that he does not plan to be in FCW very long. He talks about how it brings joy to him when he knocks out his opponents. He talks about how anyone can make someone tap out with a submission hold but it takes a real man to knock someone out. He says that he will have his in ring debut next week on television.

March 18:

Match Number Three: Kassius Ohno defeated Xavier Woods with a elbow that knocked Woods out.

Also, here's the 9th episode of Ring Ka King featuring Scott Steiner nearly causing a riot (match starts at 26:45, shit hits the fan at 38:25):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrjQOXygqPY&hd=1

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that the original plan for the Divas at WrestleMania 28 was to have a Beth Phoenix vs. Natalya match. As reported earlier, many within WWE have been pushing for their to be no Divas match at the show, or to keep it as a dark match, so that the matches people are more interested in have as much time as possible. Kharma is apparently ready to face Phoenix at the show.
    After the Rock teased that he would appear at WrestleMania 29 in East Rutherford, New Jersey next year, sources within WWE have told PWTorch that Rock will be competing at the show.

WrestleMania 29 is set for April 7th, 2013 at MetLife Stadium.

edited February 2012
    Hooray, another year of WWE promoting a guy who isn't on the active roster.

On an unrelated note here's a match from DDT featuring Viewtiful Joe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-vsS89cmMM

DDT is weird enough to be Japan's CHIKARA.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    FCW spoilers about Kassius Ohno:
    March 11:

Kassius Ohno goes to the interview/promo area and he says that he does not plan to be in FCW very long. He talks about how it brings joy to him when he knocks out his opponents. He talks about how anyone can make someone tap out with a submission hold but it takes a real man to knock someone out. He says that he will have his in ring debut next week on television.

March 18:

Match Number Three: Kassius Ohno defeated Xavier Woods with a elbow that knocked Woods out.

His name makes a bit more sense now but they still need to drop "Ohno" and come up with a different last name that starts with "o". Also I wonder if his new finisher is this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B89F_PY4-JA

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    That seems likely.

edited February 2012
    There's also a pretty unique move Hero does that starts out as a Rude Awakening-like neckbreaker motion but right before he's supposed to drop down he just let's go and elbows the guy in the back of the head. That could be a cool finish for him.

Ah, here it is. It's called a "Death Blow"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj9zgILpqKw

wirehead26 on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    This would be the best one, and it's easily my favorite of his elbows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUdWrvRGaLg

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I prefer the Ripcord Rolling Elbow to the Death Blow, hopefully they use that or the Cyclone Kill if they're allowing Hero to keep using his strong style spam moveset.
    DDT is weird enough to be Japan's CHIKARA.

One of my favourite none PSJ thing from DDT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ypub0XEJo

I think DDT have got CHIKARA beaten hands down in the weirdness stakes, of course they've been doing it quite a bit longer so that's to be expected really.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    edited February 2012
    769858f460d311e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

ROH wrestlers wearing CHIKARA masks attacked Quack, Jigsaw and The Colony at "Caught in the Spider's Den" earlier tonight. This invasion angle is great.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.