As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Lay off the DLC arguments. USE SPOILER TAGS

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Wow...that's umm...special.

I would say pics or it didn't happen.

But I don't think I really want to see that.

Dragkonias on
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Well. I wouldn't say hardcore fans are neglible. Just that at the end of the day its best to make your own judgments because sometimes they say dumb stuff.

Neglible in the sense that they represent a small portion of the sales, and a good portion of even the haters will end up buying the product anyway. There's literally no business reason to pay them any attention, so any attention shown is just goodwill.

• Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Razia wrote: »
    WTF

Someone who got the game early took a picture of it after they apparently shat on it.

smh

It's not a real copy of the game
    some dude just printed off the cover
    still fucking disgusting

Dox the PI on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Well. I wouldn't say hardcore fans are neglible. Just that at the end of the day its best to make your own judgments because sometimes they say dumb stuff.

Neglible in the sense that they represent a small portion of the sales, and a good portion of even the haters will end up buying the product anyway. There's literally no business reason to pay them any attention, so any attention shown is just goodwill.

Hey...well...I mean maybe if Lucas would have listened to fans(or anyone really) episode 1-3 wouldn't have been so bad.

Dragkonias on
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

Hey...well...I mean maybe if Lucas would have listened to fans(or anyone really) episode 1-3 wouldn't have been so bad.

Lucas could buy a small nation with the profits from the new trilogy and ancilliary products and shows. Likewise, ME3 will probably break sales records.

It's not a quality thing. It's just that it is kind of sad to see Bioware's team going through all this grief for engaging with their Internet fanbase. This should be their moment of glory, and it looks like their letting the message board echo chambers get to them. The lesson they should take is that the ranting morons are not their true audience, even if they play the role on the Internet.

Gaming is still evolving from the days when the hardcore were the audience. Now, the audience are people who pick up their games at Best Buy after liking the TV ad. Just like every other form of media.

Phillishere on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    Razia wrote: »
    WTF

Someone who got the game early took a picture of it after they apparently shat on it.

smh

It's not a real copy of the game
    some dude just printed off the cover
    still fucking disgusting

You guys haven't been on the internet long enough. That's hilarious. It'd be triple hilarious if it was a real copy.

Or if they made a youtube video, or started a stream. Then just stared straight into the camera, brought the disc up and snapped it in half. The nerd rage would be heard on Mars.

edited February 2012

Lucas could buy a small nation with the profits from the new trilogy and ancilliary products and shows. Likewise, ME3 will probably break sales records.

It's not a quality thing. It's just that it is kind of sad to see Bioware's team going through all this grief for engaging with their Internet fanbase. This should be their moment of glory, and it looks like their letting the message board echo chambers get to them. The lesson they should take is that the ranting morons are not their true audience, even if they play the role on the Internet.

Gaming is still evolving from the days when the hardcore were the audience. Now, the audience are people who pick up their games at Best Buy after liking the TV ad. Just like every other form of media.

Oh I get what you're saying and I agree.

Like I have a lot of non-hardcore friends who are ME fans. If I made them read the BSN forum they would think most of those people were crazy.

Dragkonias on
    Also, you guys weren't freaking kidding. Lair of the Shadow Broker is awesome.

Indeed it is, one of the finest pieces of DLC I've played.

Seriously...it's been what...almost 2 years since that was released and I still haven't seen a piece of DLC that has come close to it.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Mass Effect 1 completed in about 20 hours (and that's with damn near every sidequest done).

Thank you Based Engineer class.

So just to be sure, Mass Effect 3 will let you class switch right? I'm pondering playing Infiltrator for ME2 and don't want to get stuck with that for ME3.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Mass Effect 1 completed in about 20 hours (and that's with damn near every sidequest done).

So just to be sure, Mass Effect 3 will let you class switch right? I'm pondering playing Infiltrator for ME2.

you can change on an ME3 import

So just to be sure, Mass Effect 3 will let you class switch right? I'm pondering playing Infiltrator for ME2.

you can change on an ME3 import

Fantastic, thanks! Time to take my BF3 headshot pr0 l337 skillz into ME2 then.

wWuzwvJ.png
    Wait...how the heck do you beat ME1 with most of the sidequest done in 20 hours?

I think it at lease takes me around 25-30 for everything.

Wait...how the heck do you beat ME1 with most of the sidequest done in 20 hours?

I think it at lease takes me around 25-30 for everything.

Put the difficulty to casual and spam Overload and Sabotage all over the place. :3 I didn't want to spend more time in ME1 than I had to so I cheesedicked my way through it.

wWuzwvJ.png
    Ah I see.

That being said. I did a speedrun of ME1 a while back.

The game is surprisingly short if you only do the main quest. I think I beat it in 8ish hours.

Wait, didn't someone say the Asari G-spot is the
    Lower back? I just got to that bit in Shadow Broker and all liara says is that it's a lower part. I figured Azure just meant groin.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Wait, didn't someone say the Asari G-spot is the
    Lower back? I just got to that bit in Shadow Broker and all liara says is that it's a lower part. I figured Azure just meant groin.

Nothing about G-spots, just about what it refers to.

Ah I see.

That being said. I did a speedrun of ME1 a while back.

The game is surprisingly short if you only do the main quest. I think I beat it in 8ish hours.
    Yeah, and really, most of ME1 is spent just driving/walking to places. Actual combat goes fast as long as you're not bad.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Yes that what she was talking about

The azure is the asari vagina. It probably has teeth or something.

jdarksun wrote: »
    So is it just me, or is the Mattock hands down the best weapon in ME2? I usually take the Rev later on, but looking at the weapon raws, it's hard to see how it's better. It does 42% of the damage, fires 7% slower, and has lower accuracy.

Edit: I guess the mag is 5x the size, and you can hold 7.5x the ammo.

Mattock is pretty unanimously accepted as the best weapon

Doesn't mean it's the most fun to use

So is it just me, or is the Mattock hands down the best weapon in ME2? I usually take the Rev later on, but looking at the weapon raws, it's hard to see how it's better. It does 42% of the damage, fires 7% slower, and has lower accuracy.

The pistols still kinda take a giant dump on the ARs. Really, the only reason to use SMGs or ARs is if you're not spot on with getting constant headshots.

wWuzwvJ.png

The pistols still kinda take a giant dump on the ARs. Really, the only reason to use SMGs or ARs is if you're not spot on with getting constant headshots.

ME2, not ME3.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Also, the Mattock seems pretty terrible in ME3.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Yes that what she was talking about

The azure is the asari vagina. It probably has teeth or something.

Earlier in the thread (probably the last thread, actually) someone definitely said G-spot.

Not that it matters, because we're talking about Asari genitals, and now I'm vaguely creeped out.

Yeah. Even though I hate to admit it...Mattock is a tad OP.

I guess that's why they nerfed it into the ground in ME3.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

I love the Mattock. Also, the Hand Cannon. And the Eviscerator.

The nice thing about ME2 was that most of the guns were pretty much on par with one another.

Also yes, I did say I was going to stay away from this thread, but I can't resist. I love you guys, and I want to shoot mans with you.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    edited February 2012
    Orca wrote: »

ME2, not ME3.
    Oh ok, that would explain it. My bad.
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Also, the Mattock seems pretty terrible in ME3.

Yeah, it's not accurate enough to be worth a shit in ME3.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited February 2012
    Yeah. That's the main problem.

It's damage output isn't great and it doesn't have as much range as it used to.

Avenger is a lot better, because while it is less accurate you're going to be spraying anyway.

Dragkonias on
    also it's lighter than the Mattack.

• SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    Arrival was not a great DLC. It ended well, but felt extremely padded out, infinitely more so than Shadow Broker.
    And I get that Kenson became crazy or whatever, but what was with keeping Shepard alive? And sending waves of troops to fight her when the artifact would have knocked her out anyway? And healing her without any sort of restraints at all whatsoever? And not only that but apparently bringing her closer to the Project control center? What a brilliant idea that was.

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

So...for those who were bitching about the secret squadmate being super duper vital and OMG you won't be able to finish the game without it.

*minor spoilers on who DLC person is*

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    So I've been playing through Mass Effect 1 again to prepare a save game for ME3, and I can't help but be struck by the
    absurdity of the notion that total galactic governance is in the hands of 3 freaking council members. Seriously? What the hell is that even?

edited February 2012
    EDIT: Nah, it's too easy of an insult and there's no sense feeding the trolls.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    RT800 wrote: »
    So I've been playing through Mass Effect 1 again to prepare a save game for ME3, and I can't help but be struck by the
    absurdity of the notion that total galactic governance is in the hands of 3 freaking council members. Seriously? What the hell is that even?

They're more like the UN. Everyone still has their own governments.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
    Rofl. "Remember the old days, when you could just slap omni gel on everything?!" "That security upgrade made a lot of people unhappy."

This is great.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    SkyEye wrote: »
    Arrival was not a great DLC. It ended well, but felt extremely padded out, infinitely more so than Shadow Broker.
    And I get that Kenson became crazy or whatever, but what was with keeping Shepard alive? And sending waves of troops to fight her when the artifact would have knocked her out anyway? And healing her without any sort of restraints at all whatsoever? And not only that but apparently bringing her closer to the Project control center? What a brilliant idea that was.
    And she tells Shepard how to destroy the relay. So many plot holes.

edited February 2012
    Yeah. I try not to think too much about Arrival's plot.

Dragkonias on
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

Seriously...it's been what...almost 2 years since that was released and I still haven't seen a piece of DLC that has come close to it.

Yeah, it's pretty solid. I just finished Overlord for the first time, and damn, when it wasn't startling me or creeping me out, it kinda depressed me, near towards the end.
    How can some jack-ass do something so horrible to his brother. HIS AUTISTIC BROTHER!

The fact that it just ended by zooming towards David's fucked up face as he was repeating a square-root problem and ending it with "it was supposed to be harmless" just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    SkyEye wrote: »

What you're saying is I should never watch a Bond movie with you? ;-)

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter

Yeah, it's pretty solid. I just finished Overlord for the first time, and damn, when it wasn't startling me or creeping me out, it kinda depressed me, near towards the end.
    How can some jack-ass do something so horrible to his brother. HIS AUTISTIC BROTHER!

The fact that it just ended by zooming towards David's fucked up face as he was repeating a square-root problem and ending it with "it was supposed to be harmless" just left a bad taste in my mouth.

He works for Cerberus...he's not a rational human being.

That being said Overlord has one of my favorite lines in the ME universe.

"The Illusive Man doesn't broker failure!"

Since the fuck when!?