As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sending private messages?

FerquinFerquin SnorlaxRenton, WA, USARegistered User regular
Sorry if this has been addressed, but I can't seem to send PMs. I click on avatars and I see no link or button or option to send anybody a PM. Am I the only one or am I just dumb and missed something?

[edit]Oh, and yeah, I cleaned out my cookies and closed the browser and logged out and relogged back in and stuff.

Ferquin N.C. Root
Ferquin on

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Yes, "send user a message" appears to be gone. :(

Gaslight on
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    you can still send stuff by going to your in box and clicking start new conversation.. but yeah the button on profiles is gone for me too

• Options
    spottedhumanspottedhuman Registered User regular
    FYI - That (^) works even if you have never started a conversation.

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Argh! This is really frustrating. It takes many clicks and spelling corrections to send a PM now.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Click person's name.
    Click "Message" at the top right of their profile.
    ???
    Profit.

The only way this is at all tough is if you are really, really drunk. In which case you shouldn't be sending PMs at all.

• Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Now I see the problem.

The button for "Message" appears as an empty white box. The button only appears when you mouse over the empty white box.

That probably should be fixed. I'm viewing in IE if that makes any difference.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Got a screenshot?

• Options
    Here ya go.
    message%20button.bmp

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Oh, I noticed that the same problem with the white box instead of a button appearing occurs when I go to my profile and the "Edit Profile" button does the same thing. Same with "Back to Profile" after I've edited my profile.

Don't know if there are any other similar buttons, but it's worth checking out.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root