As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend - still too good for EVO.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Oh god, Makoto's joke ending.

Flawless.

wVEsyIc.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't skip through any of it. BB always had great writing in the localization, and Extend's keeping that trend alive(though it does have a lot of lazy typos and grammatical errors).

Halfway done with the new plots, and it's good stuff. Amazing how well they balance seriousness and absolute insanity(joke ends).

wVEsyIc.png
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    That screenshot business is making me want a Vita pretty badly over here.

I rearranged my button layout to the arcade standard. Can't believe I didn't realize it was messed up right away. I was destroying my hand playing it how it defaulted:

A B
    D C

Swapped to

B C D
    A

and its infinitely better, but I feel like I undid whatever muscle memory I had started to build playing earlier.

Added everyone from the OP PSN list.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm a Type-2 person myself.

A B C
    D

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    I'm gonna give that a shot next time I'm on. I'm completely missing D sometimes when I go a while without touching it, so I might have better luck with that.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
    I haven't played BB on a stick i forever. I enjoy the DS3, so I use
    AB
    DC

wVEsyIc.png
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I wouldn't skip through any of it. BB always had great writing in the localization, and Extend's keeping that trend alive(though it does have a lot of lazy typos and grammatical errors).

I've noticed a fair deal of text that doesn't match what the actors are saying. There's this one joke line with Bang and his crew that's almost completely different, and a very obvious one every time you fight the final boss.

Text line: "Azure Grimroire, activate!"

Spoken line: "BlazBlue, activate!"

Yes, the localization is really solid, and they do a far better job establishing the mythology and motivations for each character/fashion then they did with CT. But still, a lot of these scenes prattle for far too long, at least with the CT summary.

Also, what's her secret? Seriously:

As I understand it, the Azure Grimoire and the BlazBlue are effectively the same thing, though I could be wrong.
    (Make sure you get Makoto's bad end in CS, Kokonoe brings up that very same subject.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I started messing around with Noel. Trying out some of the missions and such.
    I sort of understand this game now. Kinda. Can anyone give me some tips on how to get a little better? I'd like to be able to at least beat the arcade mode. D:

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    As I understand it, the Azure Grimoire and the BlazBlue are effectively the same thing, though I could be wrong.
    (Make sure you get Makoto's bad end in CS, Kokonoe brings up that very same subject.)

They are the same thing. The characters calling it that out of nowhere still doesn't fit. It would be like characters calling Sol, The Guilty Gear.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Just finished Platinum's story. Lots of hilarity with some real serious stuff near the end.
    Why is Trinity's body needing three spirits, and who are Sena and Luna, anyway?

Why does Platinum think she 'doesn't deserve' that title anymore?

wVEsyIc.png
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Which of the female characters would be good for someone just trying to learn the game?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
    Which of the female characters would be good for someone just trying to learn the game?

Noel Vermillion. Her drive is a freebie chain combo button.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. Pretty much.

But Noel is one of those easy to learn, hard to master characters.

Because D drive spam becomes a lot less viable the better your opponent is and a lot of her better combos take pretty good execution.

That being said, she'll get you by in the beginning.

Platinum's gag reel has set the bar so damn high.
    -I, Puppetteer Mask, can not allow you to modify your bosom at their expense!
    -Make...a contract... with me... and become a magical girl...
    -Simply put, bitches, I control the boobs, and I control the WORLD!

wVEsyIc.png
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    I was a fan of Lambda in CS. Unless she's gotten hard nerfs now, she's fun as hell when you can get her mixing up the ranged and melee right. That's talking from a casual level, of course. Makoto's also pretty straight-forward with most of her stuff, though you have to really master the mindgames with her squirrel techniques, and nail the Drive charge.

But yeah, Noel is pretty easy to learn. Of course, she's also a total glass cannon if you're Drive spamming, since not only does it have openings, but a large portion of characters have something that'll get through even if the player doesn't have that timing down. All it takes is one projectile spam to the face, an Icecar or two, or just good old fashioned BANG SHISHIGAMI FISTS OF JUSTICE to clear up that Drive spam right quick.

• blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Platinum's gag ending was bad.

You must not be a fan of magical girl anime. It was 90% magical girl tropes.

wVEsyIc.png
    HAHA JOKES ABOUT BOOBS. BECAUSE THOSE ARE HILARIOUS AND SOME PEOPLE HAVE FLAT CHESTS.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Platinum's gag reel has set the bar so damn high.
    -I, Puppetteer Mask, can not allow you to modify your bosom at their expense!
    -Make...a contract... with me... and become a magical girl...
    -Simply put, bitches, I control the boobs, and I control the WORLD!

Haha. Sailor Moon and Madoka references. :^:

Sailor Moon Abridged does it best!

Good games, Blaze. I looked at the Tutorial tutorial mode, and have been learning from that, also worked on proper teching rather than mashing buttons.

Relius path.

At first I was like, why is he working with Kokonoe?

Oh.

Yeah. This is certainly a weird joke end.

wVEsyIc.png
    edited February 2012
    Cantido wrote: »
    Sailor Moon Abridged does it best!

Good games, Blaze. I looked at the Tutorial tutorial mode, and have been learning from that, also worked on proper teching rather than mashing buttons.

Off topic, but...

Sailor Moon for the best team-based traditional.
    Cardcaptor Sakura for best solo traditional.
    Nanoha for a focus on battles and action, S3+ for adults/teenagers and teamwork, S4 manga for milfs, blood, war, and magic vs technology.
    Mai-Hime for team-based deconstruction and a wide age-range.
    Utena for absurd amounts of symbolism and people being fabulous.
    Madoka for oh god this is fucked up.

Back to Blazblue. We getting any DLC Characters with Extend?

vagrant_winds on
    Who knows? But so far, Extend is really teasing Jubei and Kokonoe a lot.

Honestly I'm expecting they'll wait until BB3, which will have Jubei, Kokonoe,
    Nine/Phantom, and Saya.

wVEsyIc.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    There's a squirrel girl.
    This game is something else alright.

It's getting late. I should probably jet for now. GGs Nick and Cantido.

I'm not sure on what's the best part of the game:
    The joke endings or the "Teach Me Dr. Kokonoe" segments after the bad endings?

I'm having a hard time performing double DF motions with the Vita's d-pad.

Might have to just set up a tutorial and practice.

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    My Street Fighter skills do not translate to this game.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
    edited February 2012
    Welp, did all six new stories, 100%.

Mostly teasers for how insane BB3 is going to be.

The Sector Seven EX Chapter was amazing.
    Kokonoe's going to be badass. Sorcery everywhere.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Welp, did all six new stories, 100%.

Mostly teasers for how insane BB3 is going to be.

You mean Daisuke's gonna use a live drummer again!?

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    My Street Fighter skills do not translate to this game.

who you playin?

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Pretty sure im going to hate myself but I bought the game. Haven't played CS so Im jumping from CT to CS Extend. Hope nothing too overwhelming is in the new version.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Played the shit out of this game over the weekend. Managed to finish all of the challenges for most of the characters I'm interested in. Valkenhayn is such a beast now, I might even have to avoid using him too much against my friends. He really didn't need buffs.

I really like how you unlock stuff the same was as the 3DS version. It doesn't take much time at all to get all of the colors and old system voices, although getting all of the unlimited characters takes a bit longer (if you even care about that).

edited February 2012
    Okay seriously, fuck the Arcade boss. Unbelievable bullshit here.

"Oh, what's that? You've unleashed a successful string of combos that depleted my health? Good for you! Oh wait, I hit you once and now you're either on the air or on the ground! Enjoy this unavoidable special that takes away 75% of your health! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!"

Also, you know it to be true.

Professor Snugglesworth on
    Oh, here's a tip if you didn't know about it.

When fighting the computer, you can fill up your Heat to 100% by taunting.

Trinity ~

1kv8F.jpg

Who is the third girl? Not Nine or Trinity.

I saw that she was on a bunch of stuff in the gallery.

• GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Trinity ~

1kv8F.jpg

Why so loli? -.-

I should probably be getting this by the end of the week (earlier if lucky), but I won't be online any time soon due to my extreme lack of playing BlazBlue for years now, and thus being very prone to getting my clock cleaned easily. Training and Arcade modes, HO!