As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Jante [Chat]

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    not hiring someone based on their handshake is a pretty good tactic actually

behavioral management science studies show that people who don't have a firm grip are usually terrible at their jobs
    I think my hand shake is so-so but I'm a super star!

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    They should have cast Sawyer as somebody in the The Walking Dead. And more of the cast of Teachers. Like Shane could've been played by the PE teacher.

I was thinking that Sawyer would have been perfect as Jamie Lannister too.

I worry about the guy, he hasn't been in anything except Command & Conquer and a perfume advert since Lost ended.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I fixed a space suit today. I'm a hero! (not actually, the hero part that is. I did fix a space suit but it was just so NASA could do some PR stuff).

good, because if you fix space suits the same way you play street fighter then that's all the suit would be good for

channeling @gooey here

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Oh hey what do you know the hospital that uses java components that requires everyone to have administrative access to the machine is malfunctioning again.

I fucking hate your EHR software mckesson, go suck a big dick because you have terrible coding practices. No, I shouldn't need fucking administrator for shit that puts a button on a web page and displays text because you wanted to be fancy people with your god damned Java applet that sucks big black dick.

I'm not mad or anything.

Why's it gotta be a black dick, Bowen? o_O

I like the color?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    So, Civ V multiplayer is pretty boss you guys. Wish more of you had participated last night. :P Oh well, there's always next time.

But why is it that the PA Vent server is always packed full of people playing other games, but when I get into a multiplayer game with PA people, it's always, "Oh, I can't really talk, my mics broken, I'm too lame to want to speak live, blah blah whine whine."?

I'll join in next time, i swear and promise.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I have never had a handshake that was so strong that it gave me discomfort, not even from a professional arm wrestler. My hands can grip on the same level as any man.

shake hands with a welder that's in a mood. motherfuckers are strong. modern day blacksmiths.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Oh hey what do you know the hospital that uses java components that requires everyone to have administrative access to the machine is malfunctioning again.

I fucking hate your EHR software mckesson, go suck a big dick because you have terrible coding practices. No, I shouldn't need fucking administrator for shit that puts a button on a web page and displays text because you wanted to be fancy people with your god damned Java applet that sucks big black dick.

I'm not mad or anything.

Casual racism aside, why is sucking a dick gotta be a punishment?

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    The Incredibles needs a sequel.

That Cars got a sequel instead makes me so sad.

It's sadly more toyetic than the other films. Even Toy Story.

Yeah, the problem with merchandising for most films is that you have a finite amount of characters, and once you've exhausted them you can either come up with needless variants (Arctic Parachute Batman!) or introduce original characters who aren't recognizable and probably won't fit the aesthetic of the actual film.

It's much easier to create original characters specifically for toylines with Cars, though. You basically just slap a pair of eyes on every Hot Wheels car and suddenly you have a billion dollars.

This reminds me of how my Star Wars toys growing up were the kind of snail-headed looking guy from the cantina and the doctor droid from when Luke was recovering on Hoth.

Whenever I'd get together with a friend and play with action figures, we'd invariably have doubles of popular characters like Wolverine. This would force us to use cloning, alternate universes, and time travel as plot devices in nearly every single fantasy scenario, because somehow that was more acceptable than one of us not getting to play as Wolverine.

So basically you remade Claremont's run on the X-men? Sounds like a blast.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    because it sucks

LOL

obF2Wuw.png
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Winky's Mongolian horde is going to buurrrrrrrn in the fires of Babylonian brilliance.

Asshole tried to capture a settler during peacetime. Oh, you dun it now!

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Yeah, the problem with merchandising for most films is that you have a finite amount of characters, and once you've exhausted them you can either come up with needless variants (Arctic Parachute Batman!) or introduce original characters who aren't recognizable and probably won't fit the aesthetic of the actual film.

It's much easier to create original characters specifically for toylines with Cars, though. You basically just slap a pair of eyes on every Hot Wheels car and suddenly you have a billion dollars.

This reminds me of how my Star Wars toys growing up were the kind of snail-headed looking guy from the cantina and the doctor droid from when Luke was recovering on Hoth.

Whenever I'd get together with a friend and play with action figures, we'd invariably have doubles of popular characters like Wolverine. This would force us to use cloning, alternate universes, and time travel as plot devices in nearly every single fantasy scenario, because somehow that was more acceptable than one of us not getting to play as Wolverine.

Not unless he also did a mind-control plot every other game.

I loved Claremont's run but man, dude loved mind control.

• PonyPony Registered User regular

I'm not mad or anything.

presumably a sexual act contrary to the form of sexual acts a person might enjoy is considered a form of punishment

Because Mckesson is run by rich old white men... hm I didn't think that too far out.

Maybe they should sit on a fucking pine cone coated in tar and peanut butter.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    You guys are why we can't have nice things and why TNC isn't perma banned yet.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

I'm not mad or anything.

presumably a sexual act contrary to the form of sexual acts a person might enjoy is considered a form of punishment

I was quite a fan of your phrase "suck ten dicks for nine dollars"

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I'm not mad or anything.

I don't think we should make too many assumptions about the sexual orientation of poorly concieved java applets!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

Not unless he also did a mind-control plot every other game.

I loved Claremont's run but man, dude loved mind control.

Also naked Storm. He did love Storm summoning rain just to take a shower.

Also, you're the only other person I know who has seen Come and See.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

I'm not mad or anything.

Indeed. My brother has picked it up for crass dismissal of ideas he considers contemptable.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Jesus, I'd forgotten how depressing the start of this movie is. Though it's what makes it so great too - they perfectly capture a whole generation of despair, without going all Fight Club.

What movie?

The Incredibles

edited February 2012
    TL DR wrote: »

I'm not mad or anything.

heh

you know i don't even know if i came up with that or if i heard it from somewhere and if so

where

i'll ask google

edit: according to google the only usage of the phrase "suck ten dicks for nine dollars" is by me, on this forum

Pony on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I wanna play more Heavy Rain

that shit was good

ftOqU21.png
    claremont loved storm in a way that is kind of not right

I hope McKesson googles their name and EHR and penny-arcade hits #1 and they can see my ire for their EHR shitty shit java applet.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2012
    Claremont in his pomp was also one of the few writers who really handled a large team well. No one sat on the sidelines for issues at a time, the fights usually involved everyone, stories usually found room for every character, etc. Compared to something like, say, Bendis's Avengers books, which make a real hash of juggling characters (though they have other strengths) and it's clear how good Claremont was. My first X-Men comic, the annual where they fight a one-of bad guy called Horde (beautiful art by Alan Davis), is an amazing example of this.

I can't see many people watching it more than once. It's a gruelling experience.

Bogart on
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    You know what's fun Winky? Is being back in community as college as someone who already has a degree and doesn't care what grade he gets in the class at all (I just want the language practice and access to the language lab).

Watching like, freshmen squirm is adorable.
    i was thinking about doing this for german

but it's cheaper to do it my way

Which way be you doing it?
    online websites and talking to people on livemocha in the language a lot

I even changed my phone settings to german

got me a grammar book on the way, though.
    I was thinking about using Livemocha for Spanish. My ass might get sent down to Mexico on a business trip in a couple of months and it'd be nice to have some idea of what was going on. I had 3 years of spanish in high school and a refresher/Easy A semester in college. I was never fluent but I did get decent in high school. Don't think it'd be too hard to get it up to a usable level.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    guy in h/a just proclaimed he doesnt hire limp wrists

I mean, if he's literally only referring to their handshake, fine

But I can never quite shake the idea that it goes beyond that

it's not fine! Were you here when Elldren explained that every part of hiring is terrible? This guy's actively making it worse!

Well, it depends. A handshake is part of your presence and approachability. If I were hiring sales reps, I could see myself rejecting people for a weak handshake. I think that would be legit.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    I fixed a space suit today. I'm a hero! (not actually, the hero part that is. I did fix a space suit but it was just so NASA could do some PR stuff).

good, because if you fix space suits the same way you play street fighter then that's all the suit would be good for

channeling @gooey here
    The suit would be worn out from whipping so much ass.

They should have cast Sawyer as somebody in the The Walking Dead. And more of the cast of Teachers. Like Shane could've been played by the PE teacher.

I was thinking that Sawyer would have been perfect as Jamie Lannister too.

I worry about the guy, he hasn't been in anything except Command & Conquer and a perfume advert since Lost ended.
    He was in the start of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular

'Cause of the race mixing?

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    guy in h/a just proclaimed he doesnt hire limp wrists

I mean, if he's literally only referring to their handshake, fine

But I can never quite shake the idea that it goes beyond that

it's not fine! Were you here when Elldren explained that every part of hiring is terrible? This guy's actively making it worse!

Well, it depends. A handshake is part of your presence and approachability. If I were hiring sales reps, I could see myself rejecting people for a weak handshake. I think that would be legit.

hmmmmm

allowed on a probational basis but i am watching you closely

mind your ps and qs, buster

sig.gif

I seem to recall Jacob telling a story about him, some African-American escorts and some storm themed roleplay. And I vague recall fisting being involved but this may be wrong.
    Bogart wrote: »
    Claremont in his pomp was also one of the few writers who really handled a large team well. No one sat on the sidelines for issues at a time, the fights usually involved everyone, stories usually found room for every character, etc. Compared to something like, say, Bendis's Avengers books, which make a real hash of juggling characters (though they have other strengths) and it's clear how good Claremont was. My first X-Men comic, the annual where they fight a one-of bad guy called Horde (beautiful art by alan Davis), is an amazing example of this.

I can't see many people watching it more than once. It's a gruelling experience.

Over Christmas I was reading bits of Claremont's run and you're right. He kept books always moving at a frantic pace, he made full use of the team and there were always these outlandish twists and turns that feel organic to the story. I mean it's absurd when taken out of context (okay and a little absurd in context too) but they fit within the story.

And yes, it is a very brutal film. At first it just kind of felt low budget, but by the end I think it added a degree of very stark realism to the film.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Minecraft clones are getting serious business. Two examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKlNskaRPU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_3PjhMEDMA

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I seem to recall Jacob telling a story about him, some African-American escorts and some storm themed roleplay. And I vague recall fisting being involved but this may be wrong.

Do I want to know what played the part of the fist?

'Cause of the race mixing?

chris claremont is rumored to have hired black prostitutes and got them to dress up as storm

and he thought storm was so awesome and great he had storm (who at the time had no superpowers because of some shit) challenge cyclops for leadership of the x-men, kick his ass, and win

he was balls-out in love with the character to the point that he fucked real women dressed up as her

that's kind of not right

your recollection is correct.

edited February 2012
    haw haw, IRS is requiring people to report exact days of personal use and for fair value use for mixed rental properties

tyrannus on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    haw haw, IRS is requiring people to report exact days of personal use and for fair value use for mixed rental properties

The fact that I don't know what this means

tells me that I'm not yet an adult.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Jesus, I'd forgotten how depressing the start of this movie is. Though it's what makes it so great too - they perfectly capture a whole generation of despair, without going all Fight Club.

What movie?

The Incredibles

oh, you mean the Pixar version of Atlas Shrugged?

The fact that I don't know what this means

tells me that I'm not yet an adult.

i don't know of many adults that have mixed rental property so no worries

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    hahahaha wtf

that's amazing

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.