As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dark Souls -- PC Version Launches On Steam August 23rd!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    didja get his tail?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    nah I don't need that weapon

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    as much as I love this game the whole 'every invader before 40 or so is a fully decked out troll' thing is getting really old

I love the idea of pvp and invasions but not when I have zero hope of survival from the word 'go' :(

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I'm kind tempted to make a reverse-troll, skip the capra demon, go through blightown and do everything that way and come back at level 5 with fully upgraded armor and weapons.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    made it to the kiln ng+, it is time.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    are you gonna try not parrying him

Just got through Sif for the first time

I

I'm not crying

edited February 2012
    oh god he fell over on his side just before I put him down

I'm horrid

Ledneh on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I got the drake sword, I haven't played in a couple weeks though

I think I might load that shit up soon, though!

grind my str up so that I can use the sword

I wish there was a vault or something at the bonfire, so you could transfer items over to other characters

Nerdgasmic wrote:
    are you gonna try not parrying him

mmmmmmaybe

first I gotta craft all these boss weapons and pvp a bit

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    edited February 2012
    I think I'm gonna bail on my current character who just beat the Four Kings (man what a bitchin fight holy shit)

I joined the Darkwraiths on him and realized that a) I like co-op a LOT more than I do PvP, b) the Dark Hand sucks which makes me very sad, and c) I want to be more spellcasty

So I'm going to remake and beeline straight for being a Sunbro. Now my question is, int and lots of lasers, or Faith so I can be Thor with a Spear

I'm leaning toward Int but am open to being reconvinced!

Ledneh on
    Faith because wotg and sunlight blade

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    on the other hand, int has soul spear, soul mass, and the moonlight greatsword

zzzzzzz

int sucks go faith shove people off cliffs

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    whatever you do, get some pyromancy too

pyromancy? More like pyronancy. Faith and bigass weapons are all you need

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    faith will just get you killed, son

I'm almost to ng++ and I haven't even equipped the pyromancers glove!

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    that's because pyromancy is only for cool guys

pyromancy is too hot to handle

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Ledneh wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna bail on my current character who just beat the Four Kings (man what a bitchin fight holy shit)

I joined the Darkwraiths on him and realized that a) I like co-op a LOT more than I do PvP, b) the Dark Hand sucks which makes me very sad, and c) I want to be more spellcasty

So I'm going to remake and beeline straight for being a Sunbro. Now my question is, int and lots of lasers, or Faith so I can be Thor with a Spear

why not just leave the Darkwraiths? Unless you're purely doing it for the stat reset

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    pyromancy is for low level pvp trolls

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    But I love my Great Chaos Fireball! I look so goddamn cool doing it in the Gold Hemmed robe
    It's a simple pleasure

edited February 2012
    Ledneh wrote: »

why not just leave the Darkwraiths? Unless you're purely doing it for the stat reset

It's mostly the stat reset yeah, the Darkwraith thing is an excuse

Mostly I just find I don't really like the whole 'minimum str/dex; get elemental weapon; gouge vit/end; give zero fucks' philosophy of character building, it feels boring :(

Ledneh on
    because it IS boring

BahamutZERO.gif
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    The miracle you get from the Sunlight covenant is pretty lame compared to the earlier versions of it

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited February 2012
    both faith and int have really convincing arguments hnnnggg

why can't I have my cake and eat it too damn it

(edit) though as I think on it the only faith-y thing I'm really interested in is the lightning spear line, so maybe I'll just go int and be done

Ledneh on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    get sorcery

and arrow and lance all up and down the town

I use the Estoc mostly

or the Spear

edited February 2012
    On the other other hand I can tell already just from the asylum demon that fighting from range is no fun to me at all! Which I guess I should have realized after four kings yesterday, and how much fun I had with that

I need like, psychological profiling to make a DS character or something :P

Ledneh on
    Pyromancy is mostly close range AND comes with an axe/shield combo to start with

Pyromancy has no use for stats though, does it?

Nope so aside from Attunement for slots you can reassign those stats elsewhere
    Also Ledneh how was the biopsy?

Haven't got it done yet, thanks for reminding me to call :V

I think since pyromancy is free of stat investment I'm gonna go with faith, with maybe a little dex on the side

A divine weapon of some sort for moving through areas, a regular weapon for Sunlight Weaponing for bosses/invasions, and a whole lotta spears and wrath of the gods

Sound reasonable?

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I think speeds up pyromancy casts a bit?

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    the effect of dex on cast speed (and it affects most spells, not just pyromancy) is so small that it's more of a side bonus that you get when you focus on using dex weapons

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Good thing I already specced in dex

I love my thrusting swords

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
This discussion has been closed.