As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iphone song/ringtone tranfer without itunes

Conroy BumpasConroy Bumpas Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I had my iphone 4s stolen. And have now got a replacement. Spent hours downloading and sorting my apps and getting contacts back and things from I cloud. All sorted.

But

Plugged it into a computer to get my music back. It wont let me drag and drop. It wants to sync. Bad bit is it I tunes wants to do a full sync thus restoring to factory settings and making me do everything all over again. With a few google searches there seems to be other programs avable that allow you to transfer songs and ring tones. Can anyone recommend one of these that works and is not riddled with spy ware etc.

ta

Please note I cannot be held responsible for any mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, karma, dharma, metaphysical, religious, philosophical, Logical , Ethical, Aesthetical, or financial damage caused by this post
Conroy Bumpas on

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    That's a bit odd... So in iTunes' Edit>Preferences, under the Devices tab, you already have "Prevent iPods, etc. from syncing automatically" checked? Because I don't think it's supposed to try to force a full sync on you if that option is enabled. Disclaimer: I don't have an iPhone, so this is just my experience with an iPod.

At any rate, there are plenty of ways to put songs back on stuff. I know Winamp can do it, at least, if you're on the PC. I never use anything besides it and iTunes for music purposes at the moment, so I don't have any personal recommendations beyond that.

Edit: Oh yeah, I don't actually know if Winamp handles ringtones. I have no experience with that since, like I said, no iPhone or any other smartphone at all.

Essee on