As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where to register domain name? No GoDaddy

BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
Like the subject says, I want to register some domains and I don't want to use Godaddy.

XdDBi4F.jpg
PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
Beltaine on

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    My personal favorite (which I moved all my domains to after the Godaddy elephant thing) is hover.com

Leo Laporte is always shilling for them, and they're great. No nonense, no stupid fees for basic things, and their site is super simple and easy to use, unlike Godaddy. If you check the TWiT podcasts/websites there are usually some coupon codes floating around, or just google for them.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Jimmy KingJimmy King Registered User regular
    I'm a big fan of register4less.com. The guy who writes User Friendly is affiliated with them in some manner. I've had all of my domains with them for years and have no complaints. They aren't the cheapest place around, but they aren't badly priced and the price you see includes the privacy protection that godaddy charges another $5 or so for.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I'm going to second hover.com

They do a good business, and you don't spend 5 minutes clicking through bullshit offers for stuff you dont want or need.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I just registered mine through my site host (nearlyfreespeech.net)

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Hover.com it is.

Thanks, guys.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
This discussion has been closed.