As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Computer, Activate the Emergency [Chat]ical Hologram!

RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
As I am the backup, I need to act like an emergency replacement!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AFy_82wiRI

He's meant to be all about medical stuff, but he has other talents as well, like singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZQQ4mVg0dk

And commanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQo0fBzMO8Y

And being a playwright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kytpvcf0eKA

And slapping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbut8Sp7jY4

And being annoyed at a caricature of himself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCGTAsJD2L4

So, please state the nature of the [chat] emergency!
Bonus round:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWlv_02fRyY

Typing "Tuvok" into YouTube comes up with "Tuvok kills Neelix" immediately.

RMS Oceanic on

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    [chat] i have an emergency

rms oceanic is a felon

obF2Wuw.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    D: But why?!

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited February 2012
    This is a good [chat].

And like I said in the NYC thread, I'm pretty happy right now. I am ten pounds down from where I started on this regimen on the 13th of February (228, now I am 218).

I blame Fitocracy, and the desire not to be The Penguin on Halloween this year.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    damnit, I never expect to get picked for chat and it took too long to find a couple of the pictures I needed

my bad

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    180 rounds at 1M rounds per minute sounds like it stops being a gun and turns into a shotgun.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    well i saw you use obligate without a license

obF2Wuw.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I'm sticking with this chat, he obeyed the "no new chat in 5 minutes, backup take over" law. That I just made up.

nibXTE7.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Just watched a video of a guy extracting caffeine from green coffee beans using supercritical CO2.

The future.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    I endorse this chat.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    This is a good [chat].

And like I said in the NYC thread, I'm pretty happy right now. I am ten pounds down from where I started on this regimen on the 13th of February (228, now I am 218).

dont be the slowest gazelle

or i guess in this case the fattest gazelle

cause whoever's waddlin' gets a top hat and duck laugh

919UOwT.png
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    a lull in conversation as people gamble on which chat will survive

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    This is a good [chat].

I've got about 20-25 more pounds to lose, and quite a few more to convert into muscle. I would love to be a lean 195... and once I hit it, go get my drivers license photo taken, so I am not a fatty McFatFat 300+ pound person my license any more.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Dammit, I think my visa plans are slightly screwed up, now that I've received updated guidance from the agency. Due to a screwup from the embassy 5 or years back my visa started earlier than they could put the right stamp on my passport, so now, when I should be able to claim indefinite leave to remain, I am instead one month short and so need to first extend the current visa for 2 years at about 1000 pounds, then in one month I can apply for ILR at the cost of another 1000 pounds

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Look at me.

Recommending Gene Wolfe to nerds and junk.

Psn:wazukki
    Something just struck me: Has anyone seen Squirminator2k lately? I hope he's okay. :?

• LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Something just struck me: Has anyone seen Squirminator2k lately? I hope he's okay. :?

What [might have] happened to him?

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Man you are right, I hope hes just obscenely busy with his new bad-ass job

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Also Hullo chat

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah brahskies got a new dishwasher, huzzah.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    LaOs wrote: »

Last I heard (which was some time ago) he was having serious money/employment problems.

Wash wrote: »
    Jesus, I'd forgotten how depressing the start of this movie is. Though it's what makes it so great too - they perfectly capture a whole generation of despair, without going all Fight Club.

What movie?

The Incredibles

oh, you mean the Pixar version of Atlas Shrugged?

I don't remember the 2-hours long monologue part. You sure you're thinking of the right film/book?

i'm kidding. i loved the incredibles.

they did manage to condense the main Ayn Rand theme into one line from the villain, though.

The other one Brad Bird did, Ratatouille, also had that overarching theme of "STAY IN YOUR STATION. Skills are handed out at birth: use them appropriately, never question their distribution."

It's a bit weird, but both movies are quite fun.

Honestly this sounds more like Rawls than Rand

He spoke rather disparingingly about himself and his difficulty in procuring a job. I'm worried - but hopefully I'm overreacting - that it's a sign of deeper depression.

bowen wrote: »
    Yeah brahskies got a new dishwasher, huzzah.

Dishwashers are seriously the best.

Love me some sanitized, clean dishes with minimal effort.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    god so tired

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    God I just slept for 16 hours and had zero nightmares and I slept like a baby

feels good man

In my house, in which my brother and his girlfriend lives, said girlfriend makes the requisite joke that her dishwasher is at work every now and then.

God I just slept for 16 hours and had zero nightmares and I slept like a baby

feels good man

Long sleeps after long not-sleeps are lovely.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

He spoke rather disparingingly about himself and his difficulty in procuring a job. I'm worried - but hopefully I'm overreacting - that it's a sign of deeper depression.

I thought he finally got a job, and a pretty awesome one at that

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Ah, I remember it seeming like he was having troubles with finances, but I hadn't caught anything lately and missed comments about himself. Hopefully he's just gone dark for a while and is all right.

I enjoy handwashing dishes. There's a sense of visual and tactile accomplishment too often missing in today's service sector world.

/single tear

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I enjoy handwashing dishes. There's a sense of visual and tactile accomplishment too often missing in today's service sector world.

/single tear

how do you feel about laundry

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I dont even know if the bank is open otherwise I'd go drop off my government check

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Ugh. Oh well. I guess I need to talk to an immigration lawyer to see if there is any hope of not having to apply twice in the space of a couple of months. For some reason I have absolutely no immigration lawyers as friends, so no free advice :(

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    Laundry? But I never wear the same clothes twice ;-)

Zampanov wrote: »

I thought he finally got a job, and a pretty awesome one at that

I certainly hope so. It's a shame the economy was screwing with him.

@Squirminator2k, I'm thinking about you. <3

OH GREAT MY PERIOD STARTED

HRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHH

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Laundry? But I never wear the same clothes twice ;-)

it was an asian joke

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    This is a good [chat].

Ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

This is exactly the sort of motivation I need to tear up the gym after work.

Im still shooting for Adam West Batman.

OH GREAT MY PERIOD STARTED

HRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E66FxJnVVxE

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2012
    I'm sorry, RMS. You did fine work, but I can't be reminded of Voyager every time I look at the front page of D&D for the next day. Bad things would happen. I might turn into a lizard, for one.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.