As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

dumb flash bullshit

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I posted an awesome shooter from kongregate in the webcomics thread a while back, let me see if I can find it.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that is pretty awesome.

Edit: This is really, really awesome.

Also, oh God so many red spheres

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    it is the only shooter that involved 100%-ing that I took the time to finish.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Fuck lasers.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    The last boss is some bullshit when trying to do it without deaths, though.
    Oh hey I'm just gonna throw the hardest bosses at you! Too bad you aren't on the side of the screen that won't result in you getting shat on!

Whoops okay this time it's easy bosses only, wow you're great!

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    http://armorgames.com/play/12842/abobos-big-adventure

In which Abobo rampages through the NES world.

Play this game. NOW.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    HEY DEAD THREAD

REMEMBER THAT GAME WHERE YOU PLAYED THROUGH MARIO LEVELS AS SAMUS AND LINK AND SHIT
    SUPER MARIO CROSSOVER

WELL SUPER MARIO CROSSOVER TWO IS OUT NOW

mario
    luigi
    link
    samus
    simon
    mega man
    bass
    bill (contra)
    ninja gaiden guy
    blaster master guy

click this link that has "flaming anus" in the url to get to the game
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover?flaminganus

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    If you had a lot of fun playing Burrito Bison, the sequel is out!

http://www.kongregate.com/games/JuicyBeast/burrito-bison-revenge

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/bells.htm

let's all play the much-too-easy Winterbells!

my record is getting to just under 12000 per bell without missing any birds, which is as precise as I can get because your score gets bigger than the space where your score is supposed to be pretty fast

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »

I was all prepared to bitch that this was basically more of the same.

But more Burrito Bison is pretty dang awesome.

• Options
    He's also changed things up a bit. So there are new types of special gummies, corrupt cops, new upgrades.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    and that lovely micro payment system which we all love so dearly

• Options
    it does have the new quest system that games like that are getting (i don't know what to call those games I guess kicking the thing games? I don't know)

I do not really like that system, as you will usually accomplish the quests multiple times before you actually get them, but then you still have to do them all over again (like getting a number of perfect launches in a row, getting a certain distance in the game, etc.)

• Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

you mean like spending Realbuxx to get in-game stuff? the "get more money" button just links to the developers' twitter, facebook, and g+, and gives you in-game money simply for clicking the links

so no actual money payments

(if this is not what you meant by micro-payment system then disregard this comment)

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I'm not gonna bother with it until it gets Kongregate achievements

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    it does have the new quest system that games like that are getting (i don't know what to call those games I guess kicking the thing games? I don't know)

I do not really like that system, as you will usually accomplish the quests multiple times before you actually get them, but then you still have to do them all over again (like getting a number of perfect launches in a row, getting a certain distance in the game, etc.)

The system definitely has its place. In games like Jetpack Joyride, it's actually a huge plus, because it doesn't really have any upgrading system, just cosmetic options, and so if the challenges weren't there, it'd get really boring.

• Options
    Mizuumi wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »

you mean like spending Realbuxx to get in-game stuff? the "get more money" button just links to the developers' twitter, facebook, and g+, and gives you in-game money simply for clicking the links

so no actual money payments

(if this is not what you meant by micro-payment system then disregard this comment)

that is what I meant. I didn't realise it was just clicking links, I'm just so used to the option of buying 20,000 in game bux for $10 USD

• Options

But it's also stuff that you're going to do anyway, it's just rewarding you for them. The alternative would be to not reward you for them. That would be better?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    you can't break the final wall

YOU CAN'T BREAK THE FINAL WALL

WHY HAVE I BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME

GOD DAMN

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I am still playing gemcraft: Labrynth regularly.

I kinda piddled with it for a while after the game bottlenecks you into a single stage at a time, but eventually I levelled up enough that it just got easier and easier, and so I would start cranking up the difficulty higher and higher, and then I'd reach a new tier of levels and have to tone it way down, and back and forth in that fashion for a good while.

And now I am level 190 something, and just cannot stop playing this shit. Someone help me please.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Gemcraft Labyrinth and Kingdom Rush are both excellent tower defence games. And even better than that, both have sequels in production.

The post game shadow stuff in Gemcraft is near impossible though.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    exist wrote: »
    you can't break the final wall

YOU CAN'T BREAK THE FINAL WALL

WHY HAVE I BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME

GOD DAMN

You get your wallet then you have unlocked Survival mode which is pretty much endless gummy bear squishing and wall breaking.

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    I'm not gonna bother with it until it gets Kongregate achievements
    You get achivements right after they put the badges up as long as you still have the save game cookie on your hard drive.

• Options

But it's also stuff that you're going to do anyway, it's just rewarding you for them. The alternative would be to not reward you for them. That would be better?

no see that is my complaint, that it is stuff you do anyway, but the nature of the thing is that you will accomplish them, and not be rewarded.

A system I would prefer would be something like a normal achievement/quest list, where you get cash rewards based on meeting certain things during the course of the game. As it is, you will do something and not be rewarded for it, and then that quest comes up and it's like god dammit.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I've been playing Angry Birds on Facebook and I don't even feel ashamed.

• Options

no see that is my complaint, that it is stuff you do anyway, but the nature of the thing is that you will accomplish them, and not be rewarded.

A system I would prefer would be something like a normal achievement/quest list, where you get cash rewards based on meeting certain things during the course of the game. As it is, you will do something and not be rewarded for it, and then that quest comes up and it's like god dammit.

Yes, I understood exactly what your complaint is. And it's still silly. It's free money for stuff you do anyway. You're obsessing over the fact that you didn't get rewarded for doing that stuff before you had it as a quest. Well, that's you problem for obsessing over that instead of just recognizing that you got rewarded for doing it now. Plenty of games have quest systems where you can do the same thing before you have the quest, but once you have the quest you don't get rewarded for doing it earlier. You still have to go kill those 10 dudes now even if you killed 50 of them before you got the quest. Boohoo?

The funniest thing is that if there weren't even rewards for doing these things at all, you wouldn't be complaining about it. You are basically the kid in class that's complaining because Sally brought candy and didn't share it with everyone.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Considering the nature of these things and their requirements, being able to achieve them whenever would mean your first dozen runs would be filled with cheevos being filled and mad cash flowing in. With the system in place now you actively hunt for these things instead of just having them happen.

Sure is a good thing i got sleep last night not playing that yup.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular

welp there goes my entire afternoon

• Options
    You can skip burrito bison challenges by spending money on them. Im wondering if they tick as completed then or if they just get saved for later?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Gemcraft Labyrinth and Kingdom Rush are both excellent tower defence games. And even better than that, both have sequels in production.

Gemcraft Labyrinth is already the third in the series. And the Shadow stuff isn't impossible. I'm up to level two thousand and something...

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Gemcraft Labyrinth is already the third in the series. And the Shadow stuff isn't impossible. I'm up to level two thousand and something...
    Yep, the next one is actually going to be Gemcraft 2 though.

I seem to have hit a wall where all I can think to do is grind a bit before I can take on some more of the challenges / shadow levels.

• Options
    Love Letter

Short and sweet game about a secret crush.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    nsfw
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/591565
    dys4ia

a short and simple game made by a transwoman about her struggles to start, and during, transitioning

Antimatter on
  • Options
    ScolbertScolbert Registered User regular
    might want to mark that nswf?

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    fair nuff

• Options
    I made it to level 5 and then it caused a stroke.

• Options
    I finished it with 562 deaths, i feel ok with that.

• Options
    Not really a fan of one button games.

Which is funny because I flipping love warioware.