As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The School Thread and You, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Add/Drop

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Aha, awesome. I failed my first philosophy test. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. The next one (in a week!) is worth more though, and looking at the outline I think I can pull of a better grade. I can make up a bit with a bullshit five minute presentation in a few weeks as well. All is not lost.

Still though. 43% is not a fun number. Lowest mark in my entire university career easily.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Well, I studied exactly the wrong things for my first Spanish 202 test.

My current mood, expressed in exuberant song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh60xe0ff3E

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @GreasyKidsStuff, what type of test was it?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    @GreasyKidsStuff, what type of test was it?

Four short answer questions all weighted equally. Pretty simple definition and explanation stuff, but a combination of apathy towards the subject and studying was my downfall. Basically my own doing. Working to remedy that for round 2, this time it's one 1000-word essay question and then some more short answer, so I should be able to do much better.

Also, the presentation I have to give in a few weeks is tied into my essay question for the test so hopefully I can use feedback on the former to improve the latter.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I remember one test had a question of what the four noble truths were.

I didn't know them.

So instead I put the old Jedi quote about fear, anger, hate, suffering.

My professor loved the answer but still gave me a zero.

• Options
    My essay question is coming up with a definition for intelligence.

I am... exuberant about writing that [/sarcasm]

• Options
    You just have to like liberate your mind dude.

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Tonight has been designated "Franzia Friday." Tell my family, I loved them.

• Options
    Crawford, do the tour of Franzia.

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    doing it while bumping this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwOjqukyf1A

I have almost 3 liters of wine to myself. Gonna die.

• Options
    I once consumed 2 liters of wine in around 4 hours.

I was hungover for 60 hours afterward.

There is a lesson somewhere in there for you Crawford.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    This week is going to suck.

I have an English writing assignment due tonight. Tomorrow night I have to have my essay finished so I can submit it to the link to check for plagiarism, then submit it by Sunday. Then I have a Power Point Presentation due for my Hardware/Software class Tuesday, a midterm in Business Driven Information Systems due Wednesday, about half a workbook of exercises due for Linux on Thursday, then a midterm for English due Friday.

Going to be a busy week.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    B on my ethics paper yes.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular

Did you cheat?

If I ever take an ethics course it will be the first and only time I cheat in my academic career.

Just because.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I don't

maybe I'm supposed to be a philosophy major?

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »

Did you cheat?

If I ever take an ethics course it will be the first and only time I cheat in my academic career.

Just because.

I had a test over ethics in my pre-ap comp sci class sophomore year

I failed it

• Options
    1 1/2 red cups of shit wine and a few vape hits later, ready to walk out the door. We are gonna finish the wine afterward and head over to a party for someone who just moved in to their house.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I don't

maybe I'm supposed to be a philosophy major?

Yes... Join us....!

Zonugal on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Ugh, this FAFSA nonsense is just . . . ugh. My parents were forgiven a debt and the IRS is counting it as income putting me well over the eligibility limits for financial aid. They just got the info so we are scrambling to try and get this fixed before the FAFSA deadline for my school in a few days. Since my dad has changed work so much we pretty much haven't even an estimate of how much he makes until fairly late so we haven't been able to complete it via estimates.

UGH

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    I UGH for you, Muse.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'm sorry Mitzi, I feel your pain on the FAFSA stuff

My parents make enough that we qualify for nearly nothing but we have so much to pay for and family members to help that we live paycheck to paycheck

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Yeah if this doesn't work out I can't afford to continue attending my current school, so it is a good thing I am planning on attending CC for next year anyway, otherwise I would be feeling a lot worse and would be a lot more devastated if we couldn't fix it in time.

My parents feel pretty confident about it but they have really lagged on the FAFSA stuff ("Nah, we can get it done tomorrow, or the day after that, we still have like, 4 days . . .") so I don't feel quite so hot about it.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Haha wow we really are in the same boat. I'm in CC right now too because that's what we can afford.

And honestly, all told, classes and books and all, this semester cost about 800 bucks.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    ugh

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    I fuckin hate school

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    is there a medical condition where you churned out three pages in under two hours and then took two more hours to not write the last paragraph?

because I think I have a critical case

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Is there a medical condition where you're too lazy to pack a lunch and end up spending too much money on food

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Drinking German beer will help me study German for my midterms, right? That's how this works?

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    Ja

same way you can learn geology by getting high

uh fuck wait

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Yeah if this doesn't work out I can't afford to continue attending my current school, so it is a good thing I am planning on attending CC for next year anyway, otherwise I would be feeling a lot worse and would be a lot more devastated if we couldn't fix it in time.

My parents feel pretty confident about it but they have really lagged on the FAFSA stuff ("Nah, we can get it done tomorrow, or the day after that, we still have like, 4 days . . .") so I don't feel quite so hot about it.

I'm in opposite land

my dad is fretting the fuck out over getting financial aid info to my school for next year, and the due date is April 2nd. All this even though all I have to do in order to get the financial aid info rolling is to actually say I'm attending UT Arlington next year and get my ID to do the sign ups.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Drinking German beer will help me study German for my midterms, right? That's how this works?

Totes. Do it to it.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    I hope to God I will be able to get classes at all at my local CC, that is basically my biggest concern. Ours services a very large and densely populated area :(

• Options
    If I go to the CC I would be living at home . . . filling out the FAFSA thought can't I just say I am living off campus so I can be eligible for more money?

• Options
    I still think I am clinically insane for having a pipe-dream of double-majoring Sociology and Art. It'll be the most fun/stressful pipe dream I've had yet!

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I find myself in a bizarre position

I find myself looking at an assignment and saying "this is ridiculous, there's no way I'll be able to write this. the final page count is too low, I won't be able to do all this stuff he wants me to do in anything less than twice this but the assignment says I can't under any circumstances exceed the limit!"

it's like I'm in the bizarro world

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    If I go to the CC I would be living at home . . . filling out the FAFSA thought can't I just say I am living off campus so I can be eligible for more money?

You can always submit your FAFSA information now and edit it later. Have you talked to the financial aid department at your school yet?

tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    We found out about it pretty late so I haven't been able to call yet. We can't put in estimates yet either.

If this doesn't work my mom's advice is to get married, "Then you get to claim as independant". Oy vey, that would be something.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    That does not sound like good advice.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    Yeah, that sounds like rather shitty advice.

tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    CC is immensely cheaper than university anyway. I wish more people would start off going to CC, and then transfer to universities later on. That way even if universities get as expensive as they want, it's probably still more affordable in the long term.

This discussion has been closed.