As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] prePAX Magical Mystery Tour 2012 (Wednesday 4/4 & Thursday 4/5) SCHEDULE POSTED

• cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    I'll be in Thursday! Looking forward to another MMT.

• marmaduketwistmarmaduketwist London, UKRegistered User regular
    My flight will arrive too late for Wednesday's tour, but I'm up for Thursday.

• The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    I will be able to make both days I think. My flight comes in around 10 am on wednesday, so hopefully I can join in mid day on Wednesday.

PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
  • LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I would love to participate in this again, although I won't be able to do Wednesday. I'll be arriving Thursday, sometime late morning or around noon, so I'll be able to afternoon MMT things. I had tons of fun last year and I'm looking forward to it this year. I'm disappointed that the Boston Symphony Orchestra is on Wednesday. I would have liked to see that whether it was on the tour or not. ;(

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    peetsnack wrote:
    punzie wrote:
    That's one of the advantages of the 10am tour: there's almost no one there! We were a few minutes late last year but still made the tour. There were only 2 or 3 other people there. East's MMT has a much smaller crowd, so we might not even have 20 people. We only had 14 last year:

No matter how many people show up, we are going to have a rad time. :D

A 10AM beer buzz is the best beer buzz.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    No, the pre-MMT drinking and cupcakes is the best buzz to follow up with a 10AM beer buzz.

I will totally follow punzie as fearless leader anywhere if she makes decius promise to never take fat rolls pics of me when I climb on statues :P

edited February 2012
    You must have me confused with some other Decius. I only take awesome pictures.

Edit: that reminds me...I never did put up my Prime 2011 photos on the Facebooks.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • SnipethewolfSnipethewolf Registered User regular
    It looks like I shall be in Boston in time to go on day 2 of this!

• ZakkyZakky Registered User regular
    My husband and I might be interested in giving it a go. We are coming in on Tuesday this year to check out the best of Boston before PAX.

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I know I'm running a little behind. The voting site is almost ready, but I'm waiting on one more minor tweak before I let you guys loose on it.

HI3789R.png
  • BIGmogBIGmog DenverRegistered User regular
    I'm interested in joining the group all day on Thursday. I'd like to do the Freedom Trail, Boston Commons and grab some lunch at Quincy Market. I like walking tours, historical site-seeing, and local foods.

• MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    I'll be joining for both days of MMT again. Having done both other Boston tours, I'm not going to stop now.

I should probably dig out the photos from the last 2 aquarium visits as well, now where would I have put those

Can we do the Sam Adams Brewery tour twice?

Or just make a pub one of the stops.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Decius wrote:

Well theres always doing Sam Adams one day and Harpoon the next.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • KevralynKevralyn Registered User regular
    Some people'd think we're all alcoholics or something...

A few of us ended up at Harpoon the day after PAX East last year. That is, with no prior cross communication, there were about a dozen PAXers... Good beers too.

Dominic
    sig.gif
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    I LOVE Harpoon Beers. Coming from the land of Ballard where you can't swing a cat without hitting a nanobrewery, microbrewery or beer snob, it's still one the best stops on the East Coast, IMHO.

Do they do tours during weekdays now? When we stopped in last year, they said they were only doing tours on the weekends. But we still go tasters!!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    edited February 2012
    I'll be joining for both days of MMT again. Having done both other Boston tours, I'm not going to stop now.

I should probably dig out the photos from the last 2 aquarium visits as well, now where would I have put those

Another familiar face :)
    I recently realized I never finished uploading my pictures from last year's MMT, but if you guys would like to look at some of the things we did/saw last year, my Flickr set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shad0wkitt3n/sets/72157626024410529/
    gigabrain wrote:
    Decius wrote:

Well there's always doing Sam Adams one day and Harpoon the next.

I suspect this is a thing that will happen. I also have an interesting idea for a lunch spot on Wednesday.
    I LOVE Harpoon Beers. Coming from the land of Ballard where you can't swing a cat without hitting a nanobrewery, microbrewery or beer snob, it's still one the best stops on the East Coast, IMHO.

Do they do tours during weekdays now? When we stopped in last year, they said they were only doing tours on the weekends. But we still go tasters!!

They only do proper tours on the weekends, but they do tastings during the week.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    @punzie 's house for lunch on wednesday.

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
  • mrurthmrurth Registered User new member
    So is there a signup or are you just getting a general headcount? This will be my first time in Boston, so I'm looking forward to seeing random interesting things.

I will nth the Sam Adams tour.

mrurth wrote: »
    So is there a signup or are you just getting a general headcount? This will be my first time in Boston, so I'm looking forward to seeing random interesting things.

I will nth the Sam Adams tour.

Once I get the voting site up (still waiting on that 1 tweak to be made), you'll sign up through there. At that time I'll also add a running list of attendees to the OP.

HI3789R.png
    Voting open!
    Go to http://mmt.vthornheart.railsplayground.net/, sign up with your forum name and vote on where you do and don't want to go. I'll leave voting open until March 11. That gives you 2 weeks. At that point, I'll use the current totals to make the schedule.

HI3789R.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    done and done

PS- if you made an account on that site for a previous MMT, you'll need to sign up again. The accounts are cleared for each MMT.

HI3789R.png
  • The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    Put in my votes

PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
    Man we're all a bunch of drunks and fatties :lol:. Top three currently are Sam Adams Brewery, Harpoon Brewery, and Mike's Pastry.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    I think I voted! I kept looking at descriptions and it kept clearing my vote, but I am certain that my battle with a non sentient form ended with me as the victor.

Mostly.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Voted! I'll be there on Wednesday!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    I've added an attendees list to the OP. If you've voted, your name should be there. If you have any other people tagging along with you, let me know so I can add +1 (or the appropriate number) next to your name. This doesn't mean you HAVE to be there. It's still join and leave as you wish. I just like to have an idea how many people to expect.
    I'm pretty excited we have 25 people already signed up.

HI3789R.png
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm a +1 for anything I signed up for.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• willowtasticwillowtastic NL, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've got two other people comming with me. :)

Updates!
    - Forum badges: I've spoken to Kropotkin and he will be sending me badges to hand out on the MMT again this year. If you don't know about the forum badges, go have a peak at the thread. Also, if you want your name on the back, I suggest you leave a comment over there, and soon. He'll be compiling the names on March 5th.
    - Schedule spoilers: I'm putting together the Fried Food Extravanganza this year. For repeat tourists, this is the same thing we did for lunch on Thursday last year. I think it went well and hopefully you do too. For first-time tourists, it's basically lunch in a large food court with a bunch of other PAXers. Last year I'd say it had double the number of people we had on the MMT.

HI3789R.png
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    punzie wrote: »
    I recently realized I never finished uploading my pictures from last year's MMT, but if you guys would like to look at some of the things we did/saw last year, my Flickr set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shad0wkitt3n/sets/72157626024410529/

I had never seen your pokecrawl pics from last year but those are hilarious. I particularly love how they get more and more risque as the set progresses. Lots of drunkface in the last few. Good times.

I shall be signing up and voting shortly. Not sure how much touristy stuff I'll be in for since I did a lot of it when in college up there (and on the banditos misteriosos scavenger hunts since then), but could maybe be down to visit the breweries (as I couldn't really do that in undergrad!)

I'm definitely around though; I get in Tuesday morning and am staying w/ family and friends in Concord and Cambridge til Thursday.

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    I hope I can pop in a few times so I can see a bit of Boston. \o/ Starting to put my PAX schedule together proper this weekend.

East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
    - Schedule spoilers: I'm putting together the Fried Food Extravanganza this year. For repeat tourists, this is the same thing we did for lunch on Thursday last year. I think it went well and hopefully you do too. For first-time tourists, it's basically lunch in a large food court with a bunch of other PAXers. Last year I'd say it had double the number of people we had on the MMT.

I don't know about the fried food there, but there were cookies...so many cookies....it was a delicious oasis.

I don't know about the fried food there, but there were cookies...so many cookies....it was a delicious oasis.

Wait. You had cookies right before we went for pastries? You, my dear, are a crazy women.

HI3789R.png
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    We went to a different pastry place! We were ~crazy rebels~. Also it's not like there can ever be too many pastries!

/points to China

There is a severe lack of sugary goodness here. I consume exclusively cookies, cupcakes, cakes, mini cakes, frosting and all subsets whilst in the USA.

God Bless America! And pass the insulin.

Considering the Chinese think tuna is a good flavor for candy, that's not too surprising.

HI3789R.png
    edited March 2012
    1 week left for voting. The top 2 things are still Sam Adams and Mike's Pastry. The 3 spot is now a 3-way tie for the Freedom Trail, Harpoon, and Skywalk Observatory.

Also, I love some of your screen names. But maybe you should be warned that the last person on my MMT with a food-related name (delicioustacos) got licked :P

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    1 week left for voting. The top 2 things are still Sam Adams and Mike's Pastry. The 3 spot is now a 3-way tie for the Freedom Trail, Harpoon, and Skywalk Observatory.

Also, I love some of your screen names. But maybe you should be warned that the last person on my MMT with a food-related name (delicioustacos) got licked :P

I can understand why, tacos ARE delicious!

3DS: 2964-9827-0033