As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] 2012 Assassins! - Assassins Ball (Shipped Kits update! March 30) [106!]

• LuptoniumLuptonium Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Great my wife wants to go Sparkly pony and I wanted to go Kingsport raider.... why do I have a bad feeling we will end up assigned to kill each other.

Luptonium on
  • pligganeasepligganease Registered User regular
    just ordered my kit, had to become a browncoat

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular

Hehe browncoats are in lead!

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    So will you guys be dressing up as your faction or just wearing the target cards?

• TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    Bought my sparkly ponies kit yesterday. This will be fun.

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    I have other cosplays I will be wearing. So I'll just be wearing the arm band.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
    I have other cosplays I will be wearing. So I'll just be wearing the arm band.

ooOOOo What cosplays? Not that I'll be looking for you to assassinate or anything....

Haha, check the Cosplay thread. I've got post in there with pics.

I've got 3. A Spartan flight suit, Mass Effect Normandy crew uniform, and Mass Effect Alliance Uniform.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    OMG! How awesome. >.< Jealous! Need to find that thread now! Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, they are kinda cool. Did you decide on a faction? I picked Cowboy Verse.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Yeah, they are kinda cool. Did you decide on a faction? I picked Cowboy Verse.

I'm going to keep it a secret. MWAHAHAAHA

Nice. It would be hilarious if we ended up targeting each other.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    LinkSmash wrote: »
    So will you guys be dressing up as your faction or just wearing the target cards?

one of my primary motivations in choosing the sparkly ponies was so i could have an excuse to dress sparkly and/or pony-themed. at least for one day, not sure which (maybe friday, just in case i get killed off on day one!).

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    tvethiopia wrote: »

one of my primary motivations in choosing the sparkly ponies was so i could have an excuse to dress sparkly and/or pony-themed. at least for one day, not sure which (maybe friday, just in case i get killed off on day one!).

Oh good thinking! I was thinking about if I should cosplay as my secretly chosen faction for all three days but what happens if I get eliminated so quickly. Then I'll just be a lonely cowgirl...or beating a dead pony...

Also, I hope that your sparkly cosplay leaves a trail of glitter so I can find you and take a picture with! Would love to see what you come up with, even if you end up just gluing tons of glitter on yourself.

• FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    just placed my order. i'll probably get ganked friday morning on the que line, but whatever. lets roll the dice.

• MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    sparkly ponies ftw!!!! kit purchased!
    Bought my sparkly ponies kit yesterday. This will be fun.
    Fruhmann wrote: »
    just placed my order. i'll probably get ganked friday morning on the que line, but whatever. lets roll the dice.

Thanks guys!

I would definitely like to get a picture of anyone dressing up for their faction. We'd also like to get a group picture of everyone who's playing, probably Sunday afternoon. I'll post more specifics as we get closer.

MarsChelios on
    Bought my Cowboy Verse kit!

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • ShiggyPopShiggyPop Registered User regular
    This sounds like such an awesome idea! Gonna grab a kit now so I can join in the fun.

Oh good thinking! I was thinking about if I should cosplay as my secretly chosen faction for all three days but what happens if I get eliminated so quickly. Then I'll just be a lonely cowgirl...or beating a dead pony...

Also, I hope that your sparkly cosplay leaves a trail of glitter so I can find you and take a picture with! Would love to see what you come up with, even if you end up just gluing tons of glitter on yourself.

now that it's getting closer to last minute crunch time, dumping glitter all over myself is becoming a very real possibility.

7YIpfE5.png
  • NaileNaile Registered User regular
    Another Kingsport Raider reporting in. Anything that's not dead will be put down. And what is dead already will be put down again.

• LuptoniumLuptonium Registered User regular
    My wife and I just challenged each other to an assassins duel. Whoever gets the most kills or gets the mission to take the other out wins. Purchasing kits now.

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    We've got 3 different factions in our PAX-going group, so we agreed to a mutual non-assassination treaty. Internecine treachery no doubt will still abound....I never trust a Sparkling Brony...

Oh man. Everytime I look at this thread, more and more folks are participating making it all the more scarier walking around the PAX showfloor. >.<!!!

Bought my Cowboy Verse kit!
    ShiggyPop wrote: »
    This sounds like such an awesome idea! Gonna grab a kit now so I can join in the fun.
    Naile wrote: »
    Another Kingsport Raider reporting in. Anything that's not dead will be put down. And what is dead already will be put down again.
    Luptonium wrote: »
    My wife and I just challenged each other to an assassins duel. Whoever gets the most kills or gets the mission to take the other out wins. Purchasing kits now.
    rascal wrote: »
    We've got 3 different factions in our PAX-going group, so we agreed to a mutual non-assassination treaty. Internecine treachery no doubt will still abound....I never trust a Sparkling Brony...

Oh wow guys, I'm loving the level of excitement being shown here! Thanks for playing!

• EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    Kits purchased...Add two more browncoats to the list!

so it looks like some of my cosplay plans are falling through, which is resulting in my sparkly pony uniform becoming increasingly elaborate. there may be a mane involved, is all i'm saying.

7YIpfE5.png
    EchoZero wrote: »
    Kits purchased...Add two more browncoats to the list!

Woot, added! Thanks for playing, looks like the Cowboys will be a force to be reckoned with!

• rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    I once dressed as an angry killer robot clown; a robot ninja would be pretty simple to make but dear god if that costume didn't get unbelievably hot. And unwieldy. Not made for stealth OR crowd navigation, I'm afraid.

But perhaps some cybernetic implant prosthetics...

So excited to see 50 people have already signed up!

Wow! 50! Has it ever been this big since its conception!? I cannot wait for the madness!

edited March 2012
    Wow! 50! Has it ever been this big since its conception!? I cannot wait for the madness!

We've had between 120 and 130 players at Prime. The last time we ran at East we had around 70 players. I think we should easily be able to field that many players for this game but the more the better.

We're always looking for ways to get the word out and this is a great time to bring up one of the new things we've stumbled on thanks to some enthusiastic clan members from PMS is getting groups involved in the game (Thanks again to LinkSmash, Victory and Ruby!). This year at East you're hopefully going to see a number of badges like the ones below worn by PMS and H2O members.

AssassinsBallBlank_PMS_H20.png

For the game itself these branded badges aren't any different from non-branded ones. However we are going to have some special achievements tied to these badges, some of which will be triggered should you assassinate a group member or conversely are assassinated by one, as well as some that are triggered only by group members.

In addition these badges will exist in the regular leaderboards but will also have their own leaderboards. If you've got a group going and think they would be interested in something like this let me know! We're also going to be doing this for Enforcer badges since you guys rock so if you're playing and enforcing let me know! dyaballikl this may make you even more of a target now, sorry!

MarsChelios on
    any eta on when some of the pony faction stuff will go up? i feel we are lagging behind in membership because we lack enticing graphics. also, my super sparkly ponied-out faction uniform is in the works. yay!

7YIpfE5.png
  • srb0501wsrb0501w Registered User new member
    Can anyone say SporkWarz?

edited March 2012
    any eta on when some of the pony faction stuff will go up? i feel we are lagging behind in membership because we lack enticing graphics. also, my super sparkly ponied-out faction uniform is in the works. yay!

I'm going to put some time into that and the content for Cowboy 'Verse this week. In the meantime I'm certainly open to suggestions for it!

MarsChelios on

I'm going to put some time into that and the content for Cowboy 'Verse this week. In the meantime I'm certainly open to suggestions for it!

WOOT! I can't wait to see the description for the Cowboy 'Verse!

Thanks again MarsChelios for incorporating the PMS|H2O Clan on the badges! AH! I can't wait till the gaming happens and DEATH WILL BECOME ALL OF YOU!

edited March 2012
    Looks like the Robot Ninjas are stealthily creeping up! Here's the latest faction populations:
    • Kingsport Raiders (16)
    • Robot Ninjas (11)
    • Varsity Dead (8)
    • Cowboy 'Verse (15)
    • Sparkly Ponies (6)

MarsChelios on
  • LordGimmikLordGimmik Registered User regular
    My two buddies and I just pledged KingSport.

Now - to come up with a catch-phrase for assassinations. "You have been terminated..." "Your soul is mine..." ... it's a work in progress.

LordGimmik wrote: »
    My two buddies and I just pledged KingSport.

Now - to come up with a catch-phrase for assassinations. "You have been terminated..." "Your soul is mine..." ... it's a work in progress.

How about "The stars are right... for Death!"? :) Thanks for playing!

• Rex BeaversRex Beavers Registered User regular
    I'll be shambling with the Varsity Dead. We crave brains both for sustenance and knowledge.