As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

new adventure time comic

rosaparxrosaparx Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Graphic Violence
Sixth issue cover to be illustrated by gabe &tycho; solid first issue with the return of the lich king, opinions so far?

rosaparx on

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I thought it was well done. I really liked the art style in the Tree Trucks story. We'll be buying it monthly since my son and I are both fans and enjoyed the comic. I like the fact they aren't afraid to do different things, like have distinct styles between the two stories in the comic and aren't that tied to making it just like the show.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am just very disapointed it's hard to buy it

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    I think I'd like it better if I had ever seen or heard of the TV show. I just bought the first issue to see what it was, and it was a bit WTF.

• rosaparxrosaparx Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I am just very disapointed it's hard to buy it

Really?! I thought it was a pretty true to story and charming rendition that holds up pretty well to the show by way of minute details in the panels such as the layering of artifacts from humanities past existence in the soil, &the guys from penny arcade animating the sixth cover doesn't excite you at all?

No what I ment is it's very hard to find to buy let alone people selling it for less than insane prices.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Hensler wrote: »
    I think I'd like it better if I had ever seen or heard of the TV show. I just bought the first issue to see what it was, and it was a bit WTF.

Well yeah, the main story in the first issue is a direct continuation of a plot-line from the show.

I have to admit though, I'm kind of surprised that you had never seen or heard of the show before. You should definitely check it out though, it's really, really good.

• JaythreefJaythreef Registered User regular
    Hensler wrote: »

Well yeah, the main story in the first issue is a direct continuation of a plot-line from the show.

I have to admit though, I'm kind of surprised that you had never seen or heard of the show before. You should definitely check it out though, it's really, really good.

Which is not to say that the show isn't WTF. Because it is, but in the best way.

• rosaparxrosaparx Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    No what I ment is it's very hard to find to buy let alone people selling it for less than insane prices.

I would suggest perhaps a subscription service with your local comic shop, they will put it aside for you, and usually at a discounted price

I'd suggest just buying it off Comixology, personally.

The "local" comic shop is hastings then two which are very picky about what they sell

I would have to go deep into town to buy it which is why if the above two do not have American Vampire I just run off to online to get it

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I have no idea what this thread is about.

The comic but then I am complaing about how hard it is to buy or at least buy for something less than a new car

I have no idea what this thread is about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-qfeZHj6fE