As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vote for my border collie boy Curzon!

alegriaalegria Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Social Entropy++
Hello, everyone! I usually don't post outside of the PAX forums (in fact this might be my first one!), but I have a very good reason today. :) I'm asking for your help to assist my wonderful border collie boy, Curzon, to win a "Senior Dog Photo Contest" on Facebook.

TL, DR: Click here and "like" the photo to vote for Curzon!

The Longer Post:
My husband (Ashrack, an enforcer at PAX Prime) and I have four dogs, three border collies (Curzon, Jadzia, and Ezri) and one Jack Russell terrier (Phoebe). We compete in the sport of flyball with all four, as well as lots of other active dog events and activities throughout the year. Five weeks ago, I found a lump on Curzon's ribcage, which turned out to be an osteosarcoma (bone tumor), and four weeks ago today he had three ribs and part of his sternum removed. At his two-week checkup he was already way ahead of what the surgeon thought he could be, and I'm taking him in again today for an unusual four-week checkup to see if she will clear him to begin running again. If you want to read more about his diagnosis and recovery (with more pictures), feel free to visit my blog at Bikes Books and Border Collies.

The day before his surgery, my friends at Artis Photography came in on their day off to do a photoshoot with him. We selected one of his photos to enter their "Senior Dog Photo Contest" which benefits the Grey Muzzle Foundation, and up until this morning Curzon was in the lead to win. Voting ends tomorrow night with winners announced on Thursday morning, and I would really like to see Curzon win! So if you have a Facebook account and are willing to take a moment, please Click here and "like" the photo to vote for Curzon!.

Here's his photo for everyone to enjoy, whether you vote or not. Thanks for reading! :)

artis.jpg

Rw4xnu6.png
PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
alegria on

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    no

herding dogs rule though

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    We like dogs & all but site-spamming/self-advertising is highly frowned upon.

• balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    Mx4OZ.jpg

RUH ROH!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i hope your dog is/gets better

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    No one will be clicking anything for you but you could still save this thread if you post corgis.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    looks like a cool dog

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i can't decide between a pembroke welsh corgi, boston terrier, or french bulldog for my first dog

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

Ubik wrote: »
    i can't decide between a pembroke welsh corgi, boston terrier, or french bulldog for my first dog

sheltie

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    No one will be clicking anything for you but you could still save this thread if you post corgis.

I clicked it and liked the photo

But I also liked all the other dogs, too, because old dogs are so adorable

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    corgi

boston terriers got bug eyes

bulldogs are kinda in-between, some look okay and some look to small-dog-ish

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I like corgis but also I'm playing ghost trick so Pomeranians are cool too

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    Ubik wrote: »

If you're going for a bulldog, get an English one

you should get a mutt, though

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Absolutely fucking not sir.

This discussion has been closed.