As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-Pax Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 3: A Brand New World!

145791029

Posts

  • TheTerribleManTheTerribleMan Registered User regular
    I was on Snorlax last year, and I'm looking into organizing Team Snorlax this year. Watch this space.
    Is team Snorlax happening again this year? A few of us want to enjoy the crawl while being as lazy as possible.

    I think Eep usually organizes team snorlax and she's not coming this year. But that being said, I don't know how 'organized' team snorlax usually is. As is said every year, 'planning' is a little too much effort for team snorlax. ;) I think you should just show up at a bar and hang out. Camping, as we know, is a legitimate strategy.

  • RaticaRatica Registered User regular
    I choose you, !Cyndaquil, Silver

    Here's hoping there's still some room

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2012
    Ratica wrote: »
    I choose you, !Cyndaquil, Silver

    Here's hoping there's still some room
    And with that all teams are now temporarily closed. I am will be opening them back up after the weekend.

    Keep an eye on the thread, and wait for signups to re-open.

    zerzhul on
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Just take the train from Trenton! I'm from Philly and taking it. Or are you working and then heading up?

    After work and travelling with friends (who are driving from DC) Train is what I wanted to do but it's too expensive for them. Snorlax here I come!

  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Just take the train from Trenton! I'm from Philly and taking it. Or are you working and then heading up?

    After work and travelling with friends (who are driving from DC) Train is what I wanted to do but it's too expensive for them. Snorlax here I come!

    I am pretty sure I saw it leaving at like 7am and getting in around 1pm. Was maybe $60 round trip I think.

    edit: I am hawking this thread so hard. Haha. $20 Atlus opens sign ups when I am at my hockey game at 10pm tonight. *shakes fist*

    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • ZarienZarien Registered User regular
    I've been lurking this thread like crazy as well. Ever since I missed the first round because of that random thread that said sign-ups wouldn't start till march >_>.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Zarien wrote: »
    I've been lurking this thread like crazy as well. Ever since I missed the first round because of that random thread that said sign-ups wouldn't start till march >_>.

    It wasn't exactly random, that was just the best information that people talking to Atlus had at the time. Turned out Atlus was ready earlier than expected.

  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Zarien wrote: »
    I've been lurking this thread like crazy as well. Ever since I missed the first round because of that random thread that said sign-ups wouldn't start till march >_>.

    It wasn't exactly random, that was just the best information that people talking to Atlus had at the time. Turned out Atlus was ready earlier than expected.

    TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

    He said he would give a bit of a warning before he opens again. Don't know if that meant that it would open after the weekend or if he is gonna give like a days notice.

    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    Which team has the hottest chicks? Gary Oak wants to know.

  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Probably CHIKorita.

    Huh? Huh?! Aaaahhh.

    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:
    Probably CHIKorita.

    Huh? Huh?! Aaaahhh.

    I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

    MEfw2yy.png

    Team [E] <3
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Although, if they were hot chikoritas, that wouldn't bode well for not fainting on one hit.

    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • sphynx630sphynx630 Registered User regular
    So excited. Can't wait to meet new friends. :)

  • gfishgfish Registered User regular
    Late to the signups, I've been !Pikachu for the last two crawls. Building a Pikachu crawl outfit again this year (last year was the top hat and vest). If room opens up on Pikachu Gold (or Silver), I'd love to attend again.

    -- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    gfish wrote: »
    Late to the signups, I've been !Pikachu for the last two crawls. Building a Pikachu crawl outfit again this year (last year was the top hat and vest). If room opens up on Pikachu Gold (or Silver), I'd love to attend again.

    Keep an eye on the thread, the groups aren't full yet. They are all *half* full. The initial wave of signups is over, and people are waiting for the second wave to begin.

  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    God damn broken record up in hur. Haha.

    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • PinkysAvengerPinkysAvenger Registered User
    easy for you to say, you're already signed up. i've been doing this every year so far and it just so happens that i'm working an anime convention the weekend of signups

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    easy for you to say, you're already signed up. i've been doing this every year so far and it just so happens that i'm working an anime convention the weekend of signups

    The first round of signups happened on Friday actually, not the weekend. Signups were closed for the weekend, and will re-open sometime this week. That's what he means by broken record, a bunch of people who haven't read what's actually going on in the thread.

  • PinkysAvengerPinkysAvenger Registered User
    zerzhul wrote: »
    easy for you to say, you're already signed up. i've been doing this every year so far and it just so happens that i'm working an anime convention the weekend of signups

    The first round of signups happened on Friday actually, not the weekend. Signups were closed for the weekend, and will re-open sometime this week. That's what he means by broken record, a bunch of people who haven't read what's actually going on in the thread.

    i know exactly whats happening. its just really easy to laugh at other peoples excitement and exasperation at how fast sign ups filled when you just happened to be paying attention at the right time. i haven't been near a computer since last wednesday, and i don't want to have to miss this crawl because of it.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2012
    zerzhul wrote: »
    easy for you to say, you're already signed up. i've been doing this every year so far and it just so happens that i'm working an anime convention the weekend of signups

    The first round of signups happened on Friday actually, not the weekend. Signups were closed for the weekend, and will re-open sometime this week. That's what he means by broken record, a bunch of people who haven't read what's actually going on in the thread.

    i know exactly whats happening. its just really easy to laugh at other peoples excitement and exasperation at how fast sign ups filled when you just happened to be paying attention at the right time. i haven't been near a computer since last wednesday, and i don't want to have to miss this crawl because of it.

    You're right, but he's not laughing at that, he's laughing at the people who are posting in the thread to sign up (and haven't noticed that teams are temporarily closed) and/or people who think that signups are permanently closed. Both of which indicate not knowing exactly what's going on in the thread. Maybe he's wrong and/or trolling, but it *is* a little bit of a broken record situation to constantly re-post "signups are temporarily closed, but will re-open".

    zerzhul on
  • gfishgfish Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the thread, the groups aren't full yet. They are all *half* full. The initial wave of signups is over, and people are waiting for the second wave to begin.

    Works for me. I'm simply expressing my enjoyment of the last couple crawls and typing in a forum. I haven't been able to get to the forums this year until now, I'm a baaaaad nerd. :)

    -- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I was just laughing at zerzhul since I am sure he has the message stored as his copy & paste. Haha. I meant no offense by it to you or anyone else that is trying to sign up during the temporary closed period.

    If it makes you feel any better, I missed the initial sign ups and am waiting to switch from gold to silver. I was stalking the thread like a beast and then the one day I don't check Facebook on my phone to hear that sign ups started, boom.

    Atlus should change the thread title saying sign ups temporarily closed.

    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • gfishgfish Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better, I missed the initial sign ups and am waiting to switch from gold to silver.

    Not too worried, I appear to have started watching just in time, but the rest of my travel group needs to be alerted, so this is useful stuff.

    -- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    gfish wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better, I missed the initial sign ups and am waiting to switch from gold to silver.

    Not too worried, I appear to have started watching just in time, but the rest of my travel group needs to be alerted, so this is useful stuff.

    Now that you've updated your avatar, I totally remember you. Best costume on my team last year, no doubt about it. Dapper.

  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    gfish!

    Goddamn I hope you get in on this again. It'd be an absolute treat to meet you on the Pokecrawl again.

  • gfishgfish Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Now that you've updated your avatar, I totally remember you. Best costume on my team last year, no doubt about it. Dapper.

    It was the spats. Spats are classy.

    -- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • gfishgfish Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    gfish!

    Goddamn I hope you get in on this again. It'd be an absolute treat to meet you on the Pokecrawl again.

    Thanks, it was one of the best times I've had at a Pax. Good times.

    -- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Just take the train from Trenton! I'm from Philly and taking it. Or are you working and then heading up?

    After work and travelling with friends (who are driving from DC) Train is what I wanted to do but it's too expensive for them. Snorlax here I come!

    I am pretty sure I saw it leaving at like 7am and getting in around 1pm. Was maybe $60 round trip I think.

    edit: I am hawking this thread so hard. Haha. $20 Atlus opens sign ups when I am at my hockey game at 10pm tonight. *shakes fist*

    When I checked the train for the great train adventure it was something like $60 each way, which I didn't mind. But with 4 people that makes $480. Driving will not cost $480.

  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Just take the train from Trenton! I'm from Philly and taking it. Or are you working and then heading up?

    After work and travelling with friends (who are driving from DC) Train is what I wanted to do but it's too expensive for them. Snorlax here I come!

    I am pretty sure I saw it leaving at like 7am and getting in around 1pm. Was maybe $60 round trip I think.

    edit: I am hawking this thread so hard. Haha. $20 Atlus opens sign ups when I am at my hockey game at 10pm tonight. *shakes fist*

    When I checked the train for the great train adventure it was something like $60 each way, which I didn't mind. But with 4 people that makes $480. Driving will not cost $480.

    Well, technically it will cost $120 each then. Are you paying for them if you took the train?

    I would 100% rather pay for the convenience of relaxing for a few hours than having to deal with other drivers. I just have to make sure I find other PAX people to hang with this year since I am traveling alone this year.

    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    too late to sign up for this? cause i'll be in town thursday afternoon.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Fruhmann wrote: »
    too late to sign up for this? cause i'll be in town thursday afternoon.
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the thread, the groups aren't full yet. They are all *half* full. The initial wave of signups is over, and people are waiting for the second wave to begin.

  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Which team has the hottest chicks? Gary Oak wants to know.

    I suspect you belong on team yellow, yo.

  • gfishgfish Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    I suspect you belong on team yellow, yo.

    Most top hats!

    -- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    maybe print out this info, along with some other stuff, like local police station and hospital services, and give each nurse/assistant a folder containing it.

    Cabs
    There are seven authorized cab associations in Boston:
    Top Cab
    281 Lee Burbank Way
    Revere, MA 02151
    617-266-4800

    Boston Cab Assoc.
    60 Kilmarnock St.
    Boston, MA 02115
    617-536-3200

    I.T.O.A. Cab Assoc.
    223 Albany St.
    Boston, MA 02118
    617-825-4000

    City Cab Assoc
    275 Lee Burbank Hwy
    Revere, MA 02151
    617-536-5100

    Metro Cab Assoc.
    84 Braintree St.
    Allston, MA 02134
    617-782-5500

    Tunnel Taxi
    10-12 Maverick Sq.
    East Boston, MA 02128
    617-567-2700

    617TaxiCab Inc
    175 McClellan Hwy
    Suite 617
    East Boston, MA 02128
    617-TAXI-CAB
    617-829-4222
    www.617taxicab.com

    Hospital with ER closest to Con and Downtown area
    Tufts Medical Center
    800 Washington Street, Boston, MA
    (617) 636-5000 ‎ · tuftsmedicalcenter.org

    Police Stations
    Near the Convention:
    Boston Police Department
    101 West Broadway, MA
    (617) 343-4730 ‎

    Nearest in downtown area:
    40 New Sudbury Street
    Boston, MA 02114
    (617) 343-4240

    Fruhmann on
  • IzzieIzzie BostonRegistered User regular
    Question; are the silver / gold for each color considered separate groups / have separate routes?

    http://izziebytes.net // http://twitter.com/izziebot // G+
    Terrorizing the Gaming Universe one post at a time...
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Izzie wrote: »
    Question; are the silver / gold for each color considered separate groups / have separate routes?

    If it's like previous years, gold and silver will start and finish at the same bar but have different routes in between.

    Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

    B4o6XD4.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2012
    Izzie wrote: »
    Question; are the silver / gold for each color considered separate groups / have separate routes?

    They are considered part of the same team for donation collection purposes. They start together at the same bar, and have different routes. I don't remember if they end together or not.

    zerzhul on
  • FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    Question: Do the Nurse Joy/Assistants have to be straight edge for the evening or can they imbibe, but remain sober?

  • redbearredbear Registered User
    Still a little hungover from last year....

    Team Totodile Silver +1

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    redbear wrote: »
    Still a little hungover from last year....

    Team Totodile Silver +1

    Teams are still temporarily closed.
    zerzhul wrote: »
    The initial wave of signups is over, and people are waiting for the second wave to begin.

Sign In or Register to comment.