As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The School Thread and You, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Add/Drop

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    UGH I am so tired, but I can't naaaap

I have class registration at 5 and then once I am done with that I am meeting with friends for dinner and then we are seeing a movie and I still need to finish the fafsa

and I am so tired. Not as in, too sleepy to fucntion properly, but tired in that your eyes feel all weird and your face and head has this sort of weird pressure to it.

:(

• MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    wow fafsa...

now that's a blast from the past

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Guess I'll sign my agreement form tomorrow and officially say I'm going to UT Arlington

kind of a weird feeling

orrrrrrrrrrrr maybe I'm just being lazy

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    greeeat there's only one setup for doing this lab

and the data analysis is due tomorrow

and I haven't done the lab because of the depressions

But I can't do it right now because someone is already there

The guy is a total douche so I doubt he has a real excuse like me

should I stab him so I can get my work done?

zkHcp.jpg
  • MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Yes. Stab away!

Is there not enough room for more than one person to work in the lab? That's kind of crap.

Morblitz on
    3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
    There's only one set of equipment for each experiment.

I really meant not to be a piece of shit but then I had a breakdown.

I'd really rather not have to cry to the professor, so hopefully they'll be finished in a couple of hours.

zkHcp.jpg
  • MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    First thing, try not to be so hard on yourself. You're not a piece of shit because you're struggling with something.

Depression is a serious health issue that your school should be aware of and hopefully your professors will be reasonable and make appropriate allowances.

Have you talked to anyone at your school about your problems?

Morblitz on
    3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Stupid registration. Somehow I keep getting really awful registration dates. I've avoided it thus far but I am going to need to crash because nothing is open. My roomies have too given up and are just going to crash . . . I really need to book an appointment with a counselor again.

Morblitz wrote: »
    First thing, try not to be so hard on yourself. You're not a piece of shit because you're struggling with something.

Depression is a serious health issue that your school should be aware of and hopefully your professors will be reasonable and make appropriate allowances.

Oh no, I'm much too proud for that.

I'm way too cool to use depression as an excuse.
    8-)

zkHcp.jpg
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    HellaJeff wrote:
    I still think I am clinically insane for having a pipe-dream of double-majoring Sociology and Art. It'll be the most fun/stressful pipe dream I've had yet!

Chris don't double major at a CC. It is a complete waste of time. get one AA and then double at Uni

Doin' it at UO

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So I just found out I have two assignments due tomorrow night in my Brit Lit class.

Because apparently having an essay due Sunday and a midterm due Wednesday night isn't enough work for a short week before spring break, so she decided to toss in a regular assignment load on top of that.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    currently suffering the "it's so easy to do I can afford to keep putting it off" curse on two different assignments due by the end of the week

livin' dangerously

0BnD8l3.gif
    Eh, I still do that. I waited until the day of to whip together my first essay for Brit Lit, got a 92. Did the same for my presentation in hardware/software, got a 94.

Hard to stop doing it when it keeps working. Maybe if this second essay has a bad grade are start caring, but virtually every assignment I've had this semester has been completed within twelve hours of the deadline. Except Linux, because I've got so much time to work on it in class.

Kadith wrote: »
    Morblitz wrote: »

Oh no, I'm much too proud for that.

I'm way too cool stupid to use depression as an excuse.
    8-)

Oh wait that's what I actually meant.

Always get those confused.

zkHcp.jpg
    it's the professor's fault for assigning a six page paper

how am I supposed to get worked up about that
    that's a blurb

0BnD8l3.gif
    Seriously, I sit down to write a 3 page essay and all of a sudden I have four and a half pages and I haven't even really gotten to the point of the paper. So I have to go back and hack'n'slash half of it and then quickly wrap it up.

Also what the hell is with instructors assigning things with a maximum length and not a minimum?

Hardware/software presentation was supposed to be 5 min long, then it becomes "don't go over 5 minutes or we won't have enough time." and I'm like, should I just say "this is a hard drive." "this is a sata drive." "this is a ssd." "what are your questions?" ?

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I once consumed 2 liters of wine in around 4 hours.

I was hungover for 60 hours afterward.

There is a lesson somewhere in there for you Crawford.

is the lesson that I could easily beat you in a drinking contest?

on topic:

A guy in my class apologized for only getting us a B on the negotiation he did for the contract I helped write

apparently he did not realize how little these grades mean to me at this point

edit: "get married" is almost always a bad tax strategy

MrMonroe on
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    This is a new one, I almost slept through my night class.

The two hour sleep yesterday probably helped.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    yOULR.png

I've got uh

some decisions to make.

Yeah it looks like you're missing any real classes.

8-)

zkHcp.jpg
    dang

0BnD8l3.gif
    How....

• LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Tox wrote: »
    Seriously, I sit down to write a 3 page essay and all of a sudden I have four and a half pages and I haven't even really gotten to the point of the paper. So I have to go back and hack'n'slash half of it and then quickly wrap it up.

Man I wish I was like this in college; writing five or more pages was a god damn misery

Five years later, if I'm concentrating even a little (read: not posting here) I can hose words like nobody's business (when what I really need to do is shut the hell up and get to the point)

Ledneh on
    Fuck you! You're probably a business major anyway!

Basically the calendar is set up so that each color group is a specific class, with the multiple instances (a, b, c, etc) being different timeslots of the same class

So the first thing I have to do is figure out which French class I want to take, as those three are the only ones with the Instructors I want, from there the priority is split between everything equally, since they all fall in to major requirements.

• Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote:

on topic:

A guy in my class apologized for only getting us a B on the negotiation he did for the contract I helped write

I'd kill for a B in anything at this point.

XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
    French, Sociology, Art, Art. All T/TH.

MrMonroe wrote:

on topic:

I'd kill for a B in anything at this point.

you should suck up to your profs more

finals are an exercise in telling your profs what they already think in a clear and concise manner

in other words it's a completely pointless exercise without application outside of politics

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Really because most of my best grades were calling my professors hacks

The 9:00-9:50 French class is by far the most desirable one, if I get it then I can rock a super easy 17-credit semester

Could probably pull 21, I really think I could pull 21 credits. May as well sign up for 21 if I can, then decide what to drop.

shocking

the only A+ I ever got was in a class called "Intellectual Property and Human Rights Law"

I spent most of the time in class explaining why I thought the concepts he was proposing were total garbage

then I wrote my final and just repeated his arguments back to him, pretending I thought they were at all legitimate, raising only the meekest version of my actual counterarguments

I had to drink an entire six-pack over the course of the six-hour take home exam period, but by god I got that shit done

• MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Woo, a bullshit class that I was going to take for my major has been dropped. Means I can take an elective that I should enjoy.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »

shocking

the only A+ I ever got was in a class called "Intellectual Property and Human Rights Law"

I spent most of the time in class explaining why I thought the concepts he was proposing were total garbage

then I wrote my final and just repeated his arguments back to him, pretending I thought they were at all legitimate, raising only the meekest version of my actual counterarguments

I had to drink an entire six-pack over the course of the six-hour take home exam period, but by god I got that shit done

My highest grade was in my Commercial Law class, my first A+

I did what you did in class and wrote it down

And since my arguments were incredibly well articulated

Got an A+

Shocking (and rare)

I don't really doubt the existence of profs that will grade a well-written exam that they disagree with highly

but it's just so much fucking easier to tell them what they want to hear as clearly and concisely as possible

MrMonroe wrote: »
    I don't really doubt the existence of profs that will grade a well-written exam that they disagree with highly

but it's just so much fucking easier to tell them what they want to hear as clearly and concisely as possible

Easier I guess sorta?

Most I knew would sniff that out and just grade your test harder

They looked more for consistency in your arguments/beliefs and articulation than sucking their collective grimy old cocks.

maybe your profs are less self-absorbed than ours

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

The 9:00-9:50 French class is by far the most desirable one, if I get it then I can rock a super easy 17-credit semester

Could probably pull 21, I really think I could pull 21 credits. May as well sign up for 21 if I can, then decide what to drop.

21 credits?

That's a lot. I don't think my school allows students to register for that many. How many classes would that be?

They're pretty self-absorbed

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    I think I totally bombed a german exam today

I really couldn't give a shit, though

this semester's baloney

Du bist sheisse

This discussion has been closed.