As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GOTHAM CITY IMPOSTERS] Measure this Bat for a coffin, looks like, size ten and a half!

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I thought you got one free name change for each account created

at least i did

edit: although that might be a time based thing i had that account for like 3 years without a name change

farbekrieg on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    I use the muzzle break on the smg (the first one). I've also used it on the dawn patrol. I found that the spread even when ADS is huge for those guns, and I usually just spray until they're dead or I run out of ammo.

The decrease in damage is negligible to me because I hit them much more often even at long range.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    The sword is neat and the challenges seem easy enough. The only one that requires the stars to align is the kill 3 peeps in 2 seconds one. Granded with smoke bomb and Fumigation it could just be a matter of being patient.

the kill entire team in 15 seconds while on rampage is painful, as are any of the multikills with rockets/pipebombs/impact grenades/etc

nemosaurus prime is one im shocked i have (i mean rex seems beyond my ability but i have both)

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The multi-kills with rockets are tough. I was using the mod that lets you shoot three weaker missiles, but the multi-kills only count if both kills come from the same rocket.

The thing that is driving me crazy right now is that a direct impact with the rocket doesn't necessarily kill a person if they have enough health. I could deal with that with the mod on, but with just the one rocket a direct hit should always be a kill.

edited February 2012
    mad bomber helps if you are serious about getting the cheevos, as is amusement mile as it has 2 points where people tend to congregate for rocket launching, the single rocket also does more splash damage

edit: nothing quite so satisfying as after being called 'another glider' to dive bomb into 5 of them, knife one, and then shoot the other three snipers in their faces.... are snipers just naturally pretentious or am i over reacting?

farbekrieg on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    As a sniper myself there are two types I dislike. The Glider and the Flanker on Skates. Mostly because the scopes make you so tunnel blind that you'll never see it coming. Especially when you setup a real good spot and are doing work only to hear "skate skate BANG BANG"

I hate all the big guys with armor when I'm trying to snipe. Or maybe I just need to become more aware of the fact that sniping doesn't work like in CoD. Headshots are super important.

Magell wrote: »
    I hate all the big guys with armor when I'm trying to snipe. Or maybe I just need to become more aware of the fact that sniping doesn't work like in CoD. Headshots are super important.

Head shots are most vital but sometimes just popping off a fast round into a crowd from distance can help also. Especially when you are staring into the mouth of a hall way from a 4 inch crack from across the stage :p

edited February 2012
    as a big guy (burly not mighty) i take hard target all day every day (id take on mighty as well) because we have great big fat heads... again i have attained lvl 50, this time without much experimentation, burly/bodyarmor/jackhammer/hard target/horse healthy, so if you want to see a more accurate depiction of my skill check the previous screenie (all the way back on page 9) sticking with one weapon really helped me get to 50 a hell of a lot quicker (like half as many matches)

gotham.jpg

edit: you dont have to look it up, it means the study of bats

farbekrieg on
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    look at this guy posting his good kdr

CONGRATS ON HAVING A HUGE INTERNET PENIS, FARB. YOURE SUCH A BIG MAN. ALL THE BATZ WANT TO BE YOU AND ALL THE JOKERZ WANT TO DO YOU.
    kickin ass now! Grats!

After watching a video of a guy rock out with the Boomerang I want to try ti again. BUT IT TRAVELS SO SLOW ;/

camo_sig2.png
    look at this guy posting his good kdr

CONGRATS ON HAVING A HUGE INTERNET PENIS, FARB. YOURE SUCH A BIG MAN. ALL THE BATZ WANT TO BE YOU AND ALL THE JOKERZ WANT TO DO YOU.

After watching a video of a guy rock out with the Boomerang I want to try ti again. BUT IT TRAVELS SO SLOW ;/

yeeeeessss,,,, wait a second... the jokerz are almost all guys and they want my sweet sweet man hole!
    i was saving myself for prison, and umm king gorilla i guess... wait is he dead... and damn i wonder if that username is taken, a venture tag would be pretty cool

theoretically the boomer-rang would be pretty kick ass for my slow footed burly as it seems to clip through some objects and go around corners at fleeing smaller bodytypes as far as using it on larger targets ive never really had any problems with them (but everyone i meet is all about hatchets, booby traps, and gnomes.... gnomes always make me think of you star, and i fire a few rounds off on my jackhammer at you as you move to the side and shoot or stab me.

A quick game from this morning while I waited for the shower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Niv_eRVtA

http://www.gothamcityimpostors.com/home/item/443-happy-leap-year#
    A Leap Year is a magical thing. These extra 24 hours that have been tacked onto the Gregorian calendar give us time to do things we wouldn't normally have time to do. Such as spend time with family, learn how to play the piano, or just give your car an oil change! And sure, those are fun for most people… but we say "boo!" to all that. You know why? Because we've got a fresh batch of Community Challenges lined up for you on this special day!

So, lace up your jumping shoes, and get ready for some Leap Day action. Because, until tonight at 11:59PM PST you can cash in on the following Community Challenges:

With every 4 years comes a magical day, and with every 4 matches you play you'll get 15 Costume Coins.
    In celebration of the 29th day of February, we're going to give you a bonus 125 XP for every 29 enemies you slay in cold blood!
    What would a leap year be without leaping? Jump 200 times and we'll give you 100 Costume Coins! (And don't worry, you can only do this one once. We don't want to wear out those pretty thumbs of yours.)
    So, what are you waiting for? Lock your door, prepare a special Leap Day feast of ramen noodles, and get ready to rack up some sweet, sweet bonus XP and Costume Coins.

that was one nice game belligerent, i like your playstyle and i really need to get into using the area scanner things, they are just so wonderful... it looks like everyones default setups are bodyarmor and kinda bulletproof in your games.

are you using fleet footed as one of your fun facts? you seemed a little faster than my burly

my experience was a LOT less fun last game...

starts off my team is much higher in lvls but but we are down a man, so it will be interesting... before game start we drop a guy, im thinking that is probably going to make this a fair match, 1 minute in 2nd person drops, before the 2nd minute 3rd person drops.... eventually out of boredeom they drop one around the 8 minute mark.

long story short i go 22:19 and win and get that elusive glory hog...

it was kind of fun when they went around in 1s and 2s but when they were a ball of 5 it was just redonkilous

side note unlocked riddler skin on jackhammer!

also anyone know a good run down of the narcissistic psyche profile, im getting 0s every round

I had two awesome games on 25th floor today. Finally got the ten kill streak and got my kill crazy rampage twice in a row. I wasted the second, but the first was good. Love using it to mow down mighty's with swords.

I've been getting better and now my K/D is over 1 and it's all smooth sailing from here.

I've been playing a lot with belligerent, but the game is mean and keeps splitting us up even though we're in a party. Although it's fun to go against each other in this game once in a while as opposed to most other shooters.

For the shotty class I run horse healthy and kinda bulletproof to survive the up close fights. I just like running around.

ugghh when you want a gang invite you can never get a gang invite, i spent like 20 matches trying to get one (basically my bro maxed reputation with the carnies and wanted to switch) i thought sure this will be easy ive denied like 3 gang invites in the last 25 or so.... newwwwwppp...

finally got a hazmats invite.... it was at 5:30 AM MST time so getting matches is slow going.

complaining/bragging spoilered because top 3 and mvps are supposed to help
    MVPs x7
    top 3 x 16
    glory hog x3
    maxed out burly body type
    got nemasaurus rex then nemasuraus prime.... nada

watched pot never boiled thing i guess

couple more videos from last night. Sorry Magell, I wasn't recording while we were playing..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kYT4uCHW1c
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV0XdCIlh7w

ugh... i would fraps up some of my matches but all orange connections so mostly it would be me missing dive bombs, trying to drop explosive trap in a boxes after im dead and other silly things... or where i host and everyone else curses the host for being bad.

sigh pc needs patch baaaadly... i hear the ps3 one was approved by sony so its only a matter of time until pc and sony eu are left out in the cold

I wish I had been recording when we were playing last night because I had a few beast games, and some nice moments. I'm not sure what I liked more the triple kill defense on 1 on The Docks, or the grappling gun kill, because grappling gun kills are the best.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    ugh... i would fraps up some of my matches but all orange connections so mostly it would be me missing dive bombs, trying to drop explosive trap in a boxes after im dead and other silly things... or where i host and everyone else curses the host for being bad.

sigh pc needs patch baaaadly... i hear the ps3 one was approved by sony so its only a matter of time until pc and sony eu are left out in the cold
    Yeah. I think this is another example of the PC user getting screwed over royally.

M A G I K A Z A M
    I love the motion sensor. I was using it and got 43 assists to go with my 24 kills in a game of Fumigation. Whenever I get my kill crazy rampage I start rushing at spawns the bad guys are capturing like I'm invincible. Doesn't really work when there are more than two people at the point if they aren't all together.

also according to the website the ps3 NA patch has been downgraded from approved to in submission, so i cant feel quite as persecuted as god choice of gaming platform should be.... i should be able to play on pc or my xbox... one of the few times i think i should have gone with the console version

I wish the rampages worked more like carepackages/whatever from CoD. Right now I never even use mine because its so short lived.

also PC patch please come out.

camo_sig2.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i wish they granted you invincibility, or atleast double health. i die before i can kill two people with my rampages.

Eagle eye ftw. Basically a blackbird, which is about as hard to get.

meh pc still cant keep track of my rampage and it usually doesnt kick in unless i go over 2500 pts in a single life.... stupid pc get patched already

speaking of getting hosed on pc anyone else played bushpusherr, he is sniping me from the other side of the map with the bearstalker

damn it, anyone ever think they are having a REALLY good match only to look at the score and see you are losing, normally id expect this to happen in fumigation or pysche but it was a deathmatch....

edited March 2012
    That happens often in TDM.

One match I had 23 or so kills right as we lost 27-50. ;/ (Match was 4v4, no idlers or anything)

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
    I just got thrown into a game of Fumigation which might have been near the beginning and almost got the feat of getting MVP with double 2nd place's score. My team lost and I went 43-16 and captured a lot of points. Bad teammates are bad.

Magell wrote: »
    I just got thrown into a game of Fumigation which might have been near the beginning and almost got the feat of getting MVP with double 2nd place's score. My team lost and I went 43-16 and captured a lot of points. Bad teammates are bad.

glory hog... and you really need to meet some of the pc games ive encountered, although it tends to be that or a bunch of campers in a premade group

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is the DLC thingie out for PC yet?

YL9WnCY.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Nope.

M A G I K A Z A M
    posting this while sitting in an empty lobby for team dm

If the patch doesn't come out this week I'm just going to uninstall.

camo_sig2.png
    it is a surprisingly large install for a multiplayer only game (5g) considering skyrim is only occupying 9g, and new vegas is eatting 16g of hard drive space

edited March 2012
    Good news everyone

PC:
    Patch 1.1 (DLC 1) [Approved]

Added 25th Floor map
    Added The Falcon Blade and Kingmaker weapons
    Added the Nimble Fingers Fun Fact
    Added the Toxic Gas Support Item
    Added many new costume choices
    Improved matchmaking (Join-in-progress functionality, dedicated server improvements, lag improvements, stability improvements)
    Improved hit-detection

Wait what does approved mean?

[Approved]: The software has been approved by Microsoft or Sony, and is ready for release. It’ll be releasing very soon!

launching the game this morning prompted me to download the update

edit: it seems like it might be 15-20 min download... or maybe GFWL needs to dick around for that long before starting...

farbekrieg on
    edited March 2012
    for pc people and if you have problems installing the update, instead of redownloading the patch try the following

from the monolith forums we get the following advice.... im going to give it a try once its done trying to download the patch for the 2nd time

Don't keep trying to redownload it - you just need to do the following to manually install:

Just open a command window (type cmd in your start menu search bar to do this) -- then, type "cd C:\Users\YourPCUsername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\X Live\Updates\57520fa3\Content\" (without quotes) and then type "Setup.exe /f C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\gotham city impostors"

Be sure to remove quotes and replace your windows username in each filepath. Those filepaths SHOULD be correct unless you've installed elsewhere.

edit: the above directions put my files in C:\program, mostly likely because spaces are handled in a retarded fashion by windows, i had to copy paste the new files contained in the 'program' folder and dump them in my gotham folder (otherwise it just launched to a blank screen).

if i had it all over id just copy paste the files from Content (3 files) to the gotham folder, and then just run setup from inside my gotham folder, live and learn

farbekrieg on
    So, I figured out why some people are way higher level. On some levels there is environmental damage. these fuckers jump in the acid with bullhorns and just heal the fuck out of each others.