As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Tijuana Death[Phalla] - End of Match: Leaving The Ring Victorious

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    I'd take a good look at the people saying that the Kias wagon had no reasoning. It had reasoning behind it which some people might want us to forget.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Assuran is an XXX? I didn't know that this was that part of Tijuana.

Hey, I'm a superstar in my own mind. What can I say?

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I'd take a good look at the people saying that the Kias wagon had no reasoning. It had reasoning behind it which some people might want us to forget.

Rather than saying to look at "the people doing X" why don't we just point out exactly who those people are and what they're saying? I don't see anything of that intent on this page, nor do I remember hearing that earlier (though I don't doubt its existence, which is why I'd like you to point it out).

AkimboLegs wrote: »
    Hullis wrote:
    I kind of want to vote Hullis and Goose again because no one listened to me in the ME phalla.
    Yes, because you made the most convincing arguments

"Hullis is sooooooo mafia" is verbatim what you said
    I said other things too.

AkimboLegs wrote:
    Hullis wrote: »
    I didn't even know you had a vote on me, actually.

But the vast majority of the posts I've seen you make in the two games we've played have been callbacks to previous behavior.

Which strikes me as unproductive, because you still have to pay attention to current behavior as well.

Obviously I'm paying attention to recent behavior, because otherwise I couldn't relate it to older behavior? But I had never played with you or Goose last time, so im a little unsure where this is coming from.

Also worth pointing out that I was right about you, MrT, and Goose last time, so it is clearly an effective method.
    "This thing i did worked once so clearly that means it will always work every time."

Are listening to yourself?

That isn't what I said at all...

It was just saying that using prior evidence can work.

So I'm curious - why am I getting voted for? Almost every vote on me has has no reasoning at all.

Because the reasons for Kias are kind of worse.

Sportzboy, corvidae and Tayrun all jumped on the late langly wagon. I'm suspicious of them in that order.

Also phyphor.

• TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Hey, hey, come on. That was clearly jokes.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    There are no jokes in phalla, only DEATH.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    and jokes

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    Well, yeah, only DEATH

and

JOKES.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Round 3: Gamblers' Ruin

The law enforcement agents continued their assault on the patrons of the deathmatch league circuit. It wasn't much trouble to track down the location of the week's bouts, and two more of the league's members were taken under arrest. I needed a name to post and romanqwerty, two more people who won't be able to add more to the league's coffers. Cut down the number of people who are able to contribute to the league, and eventually the league will suffocate from lack of funding.

The plan's was working out for the most part, but the organization got wise. After the week's matches, Kias was caught snooping around where he shouldn't have been. Though he tried to put up a defense, suspicions from others associated with the league in Kias' involvement with the other patrons' arrests from the league brought him to a small, windowless room. Beaten to within an inch of his life, he was thrown out a van to the steps of a local police station, a message to leave the league alone or face further consequences.

vagrant_winds learned of the news of his fellow gamblers' arrests only a few days after they were taken in by the law. He'd also heard that one of the undercover agents had been caught by the league - the conflict between the groups was growing. Being around the ring was getting dangerous, and even though vagrant_winds liked a good game of chance, this was one risk he was unwilling to take any longer. Maybe there's a better way to spend that time and money...

Eliminated Players

I needed a name to post. - Deathmatch Patron
    Kias - Undercover Agent
    romanqwerty - Deathmatch Patron
    vagrant_winds - Deathmatch Patron <- withdrew

Day 2 Match Results

Match 1: It was a story of beauty conquering the beast, as the smooth moves of Brunch Heartthrob were too much for KILLAMUNDO.
    Match 2: Salad Fingers and El Diablo Robotico fought a tense battle with neither competitor being able to get a decisive advantage over the other - the bout was ultimately called a draw and both fighters survive to fight another day.
    Match 3: King Hippo was overwhelmed by the supreme athleticism demonstrated by El Contador, ultimately felled by the fighter's signature bicycle kick.

Today's Bouts

Match 1: Pterodactyl Man vs. The Swedish Chef
    Match 2: Inactivus vs. Señor Finance
    Match 3: La Parka vs. Los Mono Alevosamente

Standard close time for Day 3 is Wednesday, February 29, 9PM PST / Thursday, March 1, 12AM EST / 5AM UTC

Update PMs will be going out shortly.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    OooooOooooOOoooo

VINDICATION?

OOOooooooooOooo

liEt3nH.png
    ooOooYou're welcome village now don't screw this up.

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Damn you KILLAMUNDO, you magnificent bastard.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    Welp there goes all my money.

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Dang.

Just. Dang.

oh h*ck
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Welp, I'm broke.

oh h*ck
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Me too.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Frikken draws!!!!!!!!!1

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
    waiting on my PM to see how much money I made/lost last night, will post details when it arrives. If nothing else, maybe we can figure out where the mafia went.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Looks like people who bet on El Contador will have some counting of their own to do, oh ho ho.

Edit: I want to see El Contador fight Senor Finance.

Gaslight on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I still think there's something fishy about 38thdoe. I mean, only person to vote for Kay, and Kay ends up dead that night.

I can't tell if that logic is so bad it's suspicious, or so bad that it's anti-suspicious.

• sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Dang it
    err, Kime why were you undercover :(

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
    Well, my PM just arrived, I thought maybe it would break down the results farther than what it did.

Anyways, I bet $600 total and only got back $579.

edited February 2012
    That logic is silly. There's no reason for the mafia to vote for a person they're going to kill anyway.

Edit: I mean, I guess if there was a failed wagon on somebody who then was killed by the mafia, that would be one thing, but I don't put much in a single vote on day 1.

Let us turn our attention back to the sudden wagons which sprang up to oppose the Kias vote late in the day.

Gaslight on
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Kime is evil in case that wasn't plain. Or I guess you'd say good since he's an UC Cop, but I was hoping we'd start a network today and I'd sac myself to the vote to prove my villagerness. Oh well.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, nor what you're doing revealing what I am assuming are seer results this early in the day.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, nor what you're doing revealing what I am assuming are seer results this early in the day.

This . In the future, you should really save it for later. To see how people vote :(

I too am a little confused. Kime has made enough "Hey I'm mafia mwahahaha" posts as a "joke" I am almost inclined to believe he really is, but what exactly are you coming from here, @sportzboytjw?

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    I too am a little confused. Kime has made enough "Hey I'm mafia mwahahaha" posts as a "joke" I am almost inclined to believe he really is, but what exactly are you coming from here, @sportzboytjw?

Kime always makes those posts.

Except when he's Toph.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with SLyM. I believe you are revealing that you bought a seering on Kime, who came back as a cop. That's great for the village, but you revealed it to early in the evening, thus allowing the mafia to hide behind the vote.

Oh well, damage is done now. !Kime.

If this is wrong, we murder you tomorrow Sportsboy.

Assuran wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with SLyM. I believe you are revealing that you bought a seering on Kime, who came back as a cop.

Let's let him reveal to us exactly what he was trying to reveal instead of acting on assumption.

Kime is evil in case that wasn't plain. Or I guess you'd say good since he's an UC Cop, but I was hoping we'd start a network today and I'd sac myself to the vote to prove my villagerness. Oh well.

You mean this post, Gaslight?

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    kime

i was outbid on the seering. so else seered last night?

my dunalist

langley.

I bought a seering on Kime. As one of our better/cannier players, I hoped I could out him as a villager/headofnetwork late in the day while asking for you guys to vote me.

Instead, he is a cop and needs to die. I guess I should have let patterns set in and all but I was so brokenhearted :(

Walkerdog on MTGO
    PS, Gaslight's feigned "what are you saying" seems like kill Gaslight is in order tomorrow.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    kime

I mean is anyone really surprised?

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    All Update PMs should be out now. Let me know if you didn't get one or if something is off.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Sticking with this vote so no one accuses me of "hiding" in a BW.
    !Turkson

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    Assuran wrote: »

You mean this post, Gaslight?

I saw that post, it's still not entirely clear IMO, or to SLyM either from the looks of it. I'd like sportz to tell us exactly what his info is, how he got it, and why he's dumping it this early in the day. ("If you think you've got something, don't reveal it at the beginning of the day" was one of the very first lessons I learned in my very first phalla - two phallas ago...)

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Oh, right. I forgot to actually red text kime.

Let's fix that.

Kime