As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

• TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    i have half off fallout 3 but I'm pretty sure everyone on earth owns it already

wouldn't feel bad buying it with my coupon and giving it away if it goes to a truly fallout needy home

I'll take your coup. I have one for new vegas, but I'm trying to decide between the 2 of them. Some people seem to prefer 3 and some NV.

I have played them on console though, but now that I have a decent PC I wanted to try some mods out. Which one has cooler mods?

edit: Does it work on GOTY edition since they are the same price?

ill type at you when im out of class
    i think its for GOTY specifically actually

personally I thought NV was strictly better than 3 and have way better memories of it
    i've read enough posts to know this isn't a universal feeling

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    striderjg wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Fallout 3 uses GFWL. New Vegas has the better mods. There's also an uber-mod (very buggy) called Requiem for a Capital Wasteland that combines the two.

You can start fallout w/out GFWL. At least I could.

The vanilla version used GFWL for DLC. The GOTY edition stripped out GFWL and put the DLC straight into the game. NV never used GFWL.

You can tell they wanted to move away from it.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Coupons for Fallout 3? To the spreadsheet to see who to bother!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    I encourage anyone that doesn't have either Fallout 3 or New Vegas to buy them. I'll also say I liked them both a lot, but that I enjoyed New Vegas more.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    All I have worthwhile to give is a 50% Valve coupon. Let me know if you want it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Steam down for anyone else?

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Lord_Snot wrote:

Yep

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Lord_Snot wrote:

Yep

Same.

So I just beat Limbo. What a strange, yet awesome game. But I have so many questions, and like none of them were answered.

Steam: offday
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Okay, here's my current inventory:
    Coupons.jpg

I specifically don't plan to use Droplitz, Demo, Inc, Greedcorp, or Zeno Clash. So if anybody wants those...

If there's no Leap Day specials tomorrow, I haven't decided yet if I'll use the rest, so let me know if you want any of them and I'll put your name in queue for them if I decide not to.

Taramoor on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    So I just beat Limbo. What a strange, yet awesome game. But I have so many questions, and like none of them were answered.
    if you have also completed Bastion, i recommend this article
    http://www.joystickdivision.com/2011/12/form_and_power_in_bastion_limb.php

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    What was everyone's favorite coupon moment? Mine was when [redacted] after a Montauk-112 procedure.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    edited February 2012
    Double post.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

edited February 2012
    Triple post. Seriously. I am terrible. Sorry everyone.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Okay, here's my current inventory:
    Coupons.jpg

I specifically don't plan to use Droplitz, Demo, Inc, Greedcorp, or Zeno Clash. So if anybody wants those...

If there's no Leap Day specials tomorrow, I haven't decided yet if I'll use the rest, so let me know if you want any of them and I'll put your name in queue for them if I decide not to.

If anyone hasn't tried KF you should ask for one of these passes. It's a lot of fun. Especially at Christmas time. 8->
    if you have also completed Bastion, i recommend this article
    http://www.joystickdivision.com/2011/12/form_and_power_in_bastion_limb.php

I'm actually working on that one right now. I wanted to finish off Limbo first.

anoffday on
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Games for windows live? That sucks, right?

I'm going to come right out and say that I've had absolutely no problems when it comes to GFWL, though as I understand it, I seem to be the exception in this case. I bought Operation Anchorage seamlessly for Fallout 3. Never had any problems.

I also played Street Fighter 4, and Super Street Fighter 4 without any trouble.

Now, I am far from a GFWL apologist, but I haven't had an issues at all when dealing with it.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    The only problem I have ever had with GFWL is that it wont recognize my Xbox controller unless the controller thinks it is in the player 1 slot.

But haters gon hate.

camo_sig2.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    GfWL ate my saves multiple times in gears. And also when I lost my first account, but that's a separate thing altogether

steam_sig.png
  • MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    Igpx407 wrote: »
    I encourage anyone that doesn't have either Fallout 3 or New Vegas to buy them. I'll also say I liked them both a lot, but that I enjoyed New Vegas more.

Ditto. I also found the available mods for NV to be more interesting overall (weapons, world overhauls, etc.) Oh, and don't forget to feed The Wall.

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I mean, good for you that you never got a problem with the platform, but know that others have. And when it fucks up, it fucks up bad. So haters usually do have damned good reasons to hate.

Zxerol on
    edited February 2012
    Zxerol wrote: »
    I mean, good for you that you never got a problem with the platform, but know that others have. And when it fucks up, it fucks up bad. So haters usually do have damned good reasons to hate.

Just hearing the horror stories is enough for me to stay away from it. I'm sure there are people who have had no problems, but if there is a chance something like losing my save file could happen then I won't touch it. That's like the one sure fire way to kill a game for me.

edit: Posting coups again if anyone missed them.

50% off HAWX 2, Talkes of Monkey Island, VVVVVV, and Dirt 3.

If no one wants the VVVVVV coupon, I might end up buying another copy and making a giveaway or something since not buying that game for 2.50 seems like a crime or something since it's so awesome.

anoffday on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Realm of the Mad God tip. If you ever see a portal for the Undead Lair, go there. Loot is insane off of the trash. Though I had to flee at the boss, cause just me and the other guy in htere with me couldn't take it. At least not without knowing what the hell was going on.

steam_sig.png
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    All of my friends had their saves eaten by GFWL in Batman: AC . I emerged unscathed, but wow. That's a lot of time lost.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Realm of the Mad God tip. If you ever see a portal for the Undead Lair, go there. Loot is insane off of the trash. Though I had to flee at the boss, cause just me and the other guy in htere with me couldn't take it. At least not without knowing what the hell was going on.

I've only ever seen the pirate cave and the spider cave. :(

• ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    Darlan is one classy crab for giving my mom Portal on her new Steam account. She has enjoyed adventure games throughout the years, but saw me playing Portal 2 and liked the concept and the humor. I will enjoy watching her wrestle with WASD/mouse controls!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

I've only ever seen the pirate cave and the spider cave. :(
    I think the portal only drops of the Ghost King and possibly some other gods.

steam_sig.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    All of my friends had their saves eaten by GFWL in Batman: AC . I emerged unscathed, but wow. That's a lot of time lost.

Blows my mind that they haven't fixed that yet after four months, and had to have some bored forumer figure out what GFWL was doing to fuck it up to get started.

s7Imn5J.png
  • corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    Anyone want a 25% off 1c coupon? List of applicable games

*assuming nothing there that I want is on sale tomorrow, of course

• ParielPariel Registered User regular
    So, went to play some Shogun 2 for an hour. Three hours later, I realized I really need to finish some school work so I can sleep on Thursday night.

I love Total War games.

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

Blows my mind that they haven't fixed that yet after four months, and had to have some bored forumer figure out what GFWL was doing to fuck it up to get started.

Is it still not fixed? I thought that once the problem was found it would be a quick fix or at least at the top of the priority to-do list.
    I kinda have been holding on buying GFWL games because of these issues but I want to play the Batman games sometime in the near future.

camo_sig2.png
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »

Is it still not fixed? I thought that once the problem was found it would be a quick fix or at least at the top of the priority to-do list.
    I kinda have been holding on buying GFWL games because of these issues but I want to play the Batman games sometime in the near future.

Here is another flaw with GFWL:
    Updating the game with a patch is no joke. Microsoft demands a rigorous certification process. There's no "hot-fix" here, so every patch winds up being crammed to the gills with as many possible fixes as they can, which pushes back the release of the patch, which means they add more fixes, which pushes the release..etc.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    GFWL is literally the devil.

liEt3nH.png
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Found this sleek skin for Steam: http://pulseh.deviantart.com/art/PixelVision-Skin-for-Steam-211426153
    I didn't use skins since the old ugly green Steam but this one looks pretty cool.

camo_sig2.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

After four years. GFWL ate my Gears of War save in 2008 and I haven't touched it since.

In other news, how long is Darksiders? Howlongtobeat.com has the main story at 16 hours. That sound about right?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • ParielPariel Registered User regular
    Whose friend was it who is making FTL? Just tried the demo on OnLive and loved it. It's like Escape Velocity combined with Space Alert. Very cool.

• Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

After four years. GFWL ate my Gears of War save in 2008 and I haven't touched it since.

In other news, how long is Darksiders? Howlongtobeat.com has the main story at 16 hours. That sound about right?

According to my Steam profile I have logged 28 hours into Darksiders, only played it once.. But maybe I restarted after playing it with a keyboard after an hour or so.

I also tried getting as much items as I could.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Iceshot22Iceshot22 Terre Haute, InRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    All I have worthwhile to give is a 50% Valve coupon. Let me know if you want it.

I would die in enjoyment if anyone can spare a 50% valve coupon

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend code-2578-3543-8236 | Xbox GT- IceShot22
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Worst case scenario GFWL stops you even starting the game, and due to their literally non-existent support you spend around 6 hours trying to boot the game at all. Once that's resolved, booting the game takes 3-5 minutes, every time. 20-30 hours later it deletes your save. This isn't exaggeration, it's what happened to me with Batman.

Best case scenario, the game works just like any other Steam game except it takes a little longer to start up.

Even if everything works perfectly for you I don't see how anyone could think it's beneficial in any way. The best case scenario is that it's only trivially annoying.

If you want to buy Fallout 3 make sure you get the GFWL-less GOTY edition.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    For the longest time I thought I was insane because people always talked about GFWL in Fallout 3, and I couldn't remember having to use GFWL for Fallout 3 at all and as it would have been my first experience with GFWL I thought I would have remembered something that traumatic.

Then I realized I got the GOTY edition.

Gaslight on
  • NateVaderNateVader Registered User regular
    Iceshot22 wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »

I would die in enjoyment if anyone can spare a 50% valve coupon

Friend me on steam and you can have mine.

steam_sig.png
  • ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    Finally got around to playing LA Noire after buying it during the Christmas sale.

Not impressed so far. I haven't even started the story yet because I can't get my resolution higher than 1024x768, not to mention the Social Club keeps crashing and saying nonsense about a patch timing out. Seems like a very bad port so far.

This discussion has been closed.