As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Lay off the DLC arguments. USE SPOILER TAGS

1939495969799»

• RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    RE: Normandy Video.
    Engineer Adams is back!

Yay!

blondeshep.jpg
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I don't think you need to nest them, just put outside the spoiler the vague thing you're talking about and let them decide if they want to click that. I'm not doing all the work you did for saying "This is a video that has Normandy spoilers." "It has actual spoilers." "Here is a description of the kind of spoilers with a link to the thing that spoils."

"This is a tour of the Normandy that goes more in depth and as such has some minor end game related and Normandy crew/squadmate related spoilers."

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Btw, is it confirmed that Tricia Helfer is still EDI?

Cause Tricia Helfer is SEX.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »

Yeah. She still voices her.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »

Yeah. She still voices her.

Yesssssssssssssss.

Edit: Huh, I had no idea Carrie Ann Moss voiced Aria!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    deathbylucy42 asks... Is the weapons system like ME1 where you get dozens of different assault rifles and such to choose from, or it it like ME2 where you pretty much play with only one or two weapons in each class?

You know...I never get this attitude.

Did people really think ME1 had a large variety of guns? To me it was pretty much the same gun over and over again, simply upgraded to scale to your level.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    the_brave_and_the_bold_by_dorkynoodle-d4pqgnd.png

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:

Did people really think ME1 had a large variety of guns? To me it was pretty much the same gun over and over again, simply upgraded to scale to your level.
    I wouldn't call it LARGE, but there WAS some variety, though I suspect everyone just slapped in the gun that had the best damage per shot and went about their day.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • htmhtm Registered User regular
    deathbylucy42 asks... Is the weapons system like ME1 where you get dozens of different assault rifles and such to choose from, or it it like ME2 where you pretty much play with only one or two weapons in each class?

There wasn't a large variety of guns in ME1. There were two levels of Spectre weapons and a whole lot of OmniGel.

• wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    While I appreciate how people don't see retextured weapons with different stats as different guns, I was disappointed that when they changed things they didn't amend it so the retextures were different models based on the same core design, like the Avenger, with the possibility of combining parts of different manufacturers or something.

It is especially bizarre that ME3 has Level 1 to 10 versions of weapons. Why not use the the different manufacturers/retexs for this purpose? Call them [Manufacturer] Avenger [Manufacturer Retex Gun Name].

We kind of went from one extreme to the other, it would have been nice to combine the two approaches.

wilting on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    wilting wrote: »
    It is especially bizarre that ME3 has Level 1 to 10 versions of weapons. Why not use the the different manufacturers/retexs for this purpose? Call them [Manufacturer] Avenger [Manufacturer Retex Gun Name].

To be fair, ME2 does almost exactly the same thing. As you upgrade your guns they change from "M6a Carnifex" to "M6b Carnifex" or something similar. ME3 just makes it a bit more obvious.

• tolragtolrag Registered User regular
    While the guns were all pretty much identical, you could make some fairly bizarre gimmick weapons by experimenting with mods/ammo. The high-explosive bullet pistol that overheated with a single shot was fairly entertaining for a while.

ME2 guns are more much more varied, with each one having its own quirks, like the long-range or rapid-fire shotgun variants.

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    So I'm thinking about transferring my 360 saves to my PC now that that is possible but I own all of the DLC on 360.

What do you think my chances are of convincing EA Support to grant me the PC DLC Licenses? Probably not very high :(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    wilting wrote: »

To be fair, ME2 does almost exactly the same thing. As you upgrade your guns they change from "M6a Carnifex" to "M6b Carnifex" or something similar. ME3 just makes it a bit more obvious.

This is something I was hoping would be replicated in multiplayer. Notice how the killfeed only states what weapon one used to kill, but not its level? How about the different levels being represented by letters as it was in Mass Effect 2 - which I though was awesome?

Maybe change it to:

Gamertag [Mk.I Carnifex] Assault Trooper

Progressing to:

Gamertag [Mk.X Carnifex] Assault Trooper

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I'm sad that nobody ever gets to see the name of my Engineer, Frank.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    So I'm thinking about transferring my 360 saves to my PC now that that is possible but I own all of the DLC on 360.

What do you think my chances are of convincing EA Support to grant me the PC DLC Licenses? Probably not very high :(

This is what eventually swayed me to go 360 version even though I wanted to go PC. I have all of my DLC/etc related to my 360 account and have no idea what kind of effect it could have on ME3 or something, also just for the sake of having all three games in the same place.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • lolwotlolwot Registered User new member
    envoy1 wrote: »
    Ok, after a couple of lucky pubbie games I just got an awful silver game. the team "leader" was an idiotic vanguard who got himself killed twice in the first wave, wasted his revives (we were like RIGHT THERE and could have revived him), died again early in the second wave and ragequit. I was like :\

Seriously pubbies. Stop wasting your medkits on the FIRST WAVE! save them for when they're really REALLY needed.

That actually might have been me. Was the vanguard's username "lolwot"? It sounds like you're describing a game I played yesterday. I don't know if it was visible to you, but I was having a weird issue where my character was floating around and getting stuck in the air.
    I found a video of the glitch on Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hyS8iyW8OI
    This seems to happen when you use biotic charge at the moment your character is killed. So, I accept full responsibility for the first death. But after that, I kind of lost control.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    SPOILERS REGARDING SECRET NON DLC SQUADMATE
    That video shows EDI still in robot body near Joker in the cockpit. Why wouldn't she...untether from the robot while on the ship?

Actually...in the ME artbook...
    It shows that EDI used a special chair that uplinks her to the Normandy. Not sure if that's changed but I think it is still the case.

Hmm, I'm not sure I want to see any fan art of this "chair"....

steam_sig.png