As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Trading Cards 2012 (You can mail your cards again)

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Or is it simply saving as a copy - checking the option to save without layers?

What about the alpha channels? Unless I'm mistaken that's all I have left to do and it's not really worth bothering anyone over the files.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    Go to Layer > Flatten Image, flatten said image on up, then use File > Save As to save the results to new files - that way you still have the layered version if you realize at the last second that you need to make edits. Take the new flattened PSDs and upload them directly to Jakprints.

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    Go to Layer > Flatten Image, flatten said image on up, then use File > Save As to save the results to new files - that way you still have the layered version if you realize at the last second that you need to make edits. Take the new flattened PSDs and upload them directly to Jakprints.

<3

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    Themiscyra wrote:
    Put in my order! Out of curiosity, what kind of charges have you all been seeing on your orders? I realize it can vary a little but wouldn't mind getting a ballpark figure.

Mine was right under $40 - $25 for 100 cards, $15 for shipping.

Here's mine, crafted with something approaching love by my soon to be bitter rival, @Themiscyra:
    BaconSandwich_PNGFull.jpg

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think I might have screwed up the QR code on yours, now that I'm looking at it again - d'oh! I'm sorry. Hopefully it'll still scan.

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    yeah I just tried scanning it on the screen, and it wouldn't scan.

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    It scanned for me. Nice pic!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to ship their cards to a local (people outside the country who want to save on shipping?), you can PM and I'll send you my address. Your cards can be ready and waiting for you in Boston and you won't even have to remember to pack them :)

HI3789R.png
  • BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    Yeah, I think I might have screwed up the QR code on yours, now that I'm looking at it again - d'oh! I'm sorry. Hopefully it'll still scan.

It scanned ok for me

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • cadmiacadmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hello - I would like to get in on this, maybe, this year - Can we get a WoW badge made, or is that too nerdy?

cadmia on
  • rascalrascal Registered User regular
    Could a kind card volunteer help me with creating my card and A-Team's card? I don't have Photoshop. I have the 2 pics in the correct sizes and the other required info. Thanks!

• DatixDatix Registered User regular
    zezspecs wrote: »
    Datix wrote:
    PeasantDave, thanks for the Reddit badge! I might have missed it, but I'm not sure I got a number. Can I get #63?
    zezspecs wrote:
    Datix wrote:
    I've put this off the last two years, but not this time. I need a number! Could we also get a Reddit alien badge for the front? I'd like to see how many Redditors we have at PAX!

19 is yours. If someone makes a Reddit badge, I'm sure Dave will add it.

You were assigned 19 earlier on when you asked for a number. Is 19 okay, or do you want to change to 63?

I totally missed your post. Sorry about that! #19 is fine and I'll keep that one. Thanks!

• PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    cadmia wrote:
    Hello - I would like to get in on this, maybe, this year - Can we get a WoW badge made, or is that too nerdy?

Nothing is too nerdy, if someone designs a WoW badge we can get it into the card. Would you like to reserve the next available number on the list?
    Datix wrote:
    zezspecs wrote: »
    Datix wrote:
    PeasantDave, thanks for the Reddit badge! I might have missed it, but I'm not sure I got a number. Can I get #63?
    zezspecs wrote:
    Datix wrote:
    I've put this off the last two years, but not this time. I need a number! Could we also get a Reddit alien badge for the front? I'd like to see how many Redditors we have at PAX!

19 is yours. If someone makes a Reddit badge, I'm sure Dave will add it.

You were assigned 19 earlier on when you asked for a number. Is 19 okay, or do you want to change to 63?

I totally missed your post. Sorry about that! #19 is fine and I'll keep that one. Thanks!

#19 confirmed. Thanks for replying. :)
    rascal wrote:
    Could a kind card volunteer help me with creating my card and A-Team's card? I don't have Photoshop. I have the 2 pics in the correct sizes and the other required info. Thanks!

You should hear from someone within the next day.

• ShiggyPopShiggyPop Registered User regular
    I would love to get in on this again if there is still time. If I could grab the same number as last year, #82, that would be awesome, else I am fine with a random number. I do not own Photoshop, so any assistance with putting the card together would be greatly appreciated.

ShiggyPop wrote:
    I would love to get in on this again if there is still time. If I could grab the same number as last year, #82, that would be awesome, else I am fine with a random number. I do not own Photoshop, so any assistance with putting the card together would be greatly appreciated.

#82 is yours again! Someone should contact you within the next day.

• Meester ScyllzMeester Scyllz Registered User regular
    cadmia wrote:

Nothing is too nerdy, if someone designs a WoW badge we can get it into the card. Would you like to reserve the next available number on the list?

Is it possible to just use the blue circle with the yellow W that is WoW's desktop icon? I know Cadmia and myself would like to be placed on the waiting list for a volunteer's help! Thank you!

cadmia wrote:

Is it possible to just use the blue circle with the yellow W that is WoW's desktop icon? I know Cadmia and myself would like to be placed on the waiting list for a volunteer's help! Thank you!

Someone should be contacting you within the next day. Would you both like the next available card numbers?

• Meester ScyllzMeester Scyllz Registered User regular

Someone should be contacting you within the next day. Would you both like the next available card numbers?

Yes, please!

• Joedel263Joedel263 Registered User regular
    I'm all for having the cards go in consecutive order, but can I be 263 again this year?

Joedel263 wrote:
    I'm all for having the cards go in consecutive order, but can I be 263 again this year?

You may, #263 is yours again!

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    ShiggyPop wrote: »

hey there, I can help you with your card. PMing you now.

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular

Yes, please!

40 is yours, and your friend is 41!

• KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Wow, they increased prices by 67% this year, huh? (From $15 to $25, taking our discount into account.) I'll still follow through this year, but we're definitely going to need to find a cheaper supplier next year. $40 with shipping is just too much for something like this.

edited February 2012
    KoalaBro2 wrote: »
    Wow, they increased prices by 67% this year, huh? (From $15 to $25, taking our discount into account.) I'll still follow through this year, but we're definitely going to need to find a cheaper supplier next year. $40 with shipping is just too much for something like this.

from what I've seen, the prices stayed exactly the same. Where are you getting the $15 from? Did you get lucky and get them to apply both the pax discount code AND their self-promotion discount last year?

Edit: if you need reference, take a look at the discussion on the previous page.

zerzhul on
  • KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:

from what I've seen, the prices stayed exactly the same. Where are you getting the $15 from? Did you get lucky and get them to apply both the pax discount code AND their self-promotion discount last year?

Last year I got charged $25, minus a $10 discount, for a total of $15 (plus shipping). This year the charge shows as $35, minus a $10 discount, for a total of $25 (plus shipping). It only shows a discount of $10 in each case, but I did things at the last minute last year and wasn't clear on the instructions, so maybe the self promotion discount was figured into the price without showing as a separate discount? Whatever the case, the price was the same on both sets of cards I ordered last year, so if I did get lucky, I got lucky twice in a row.

Also, is anyone else having issues with the discount code getting rejected? It looks like maybe they limited it to one per customer this year?

zerzhul wrote:

Last year I got charged $25, minus a $10 discount, for a total of $15 (plus shipping). This year the charge shows as $35, minus a $10 discount, for a total of $25 (plus shipping). It only shows a discount of $10 in each case, but I did things at the last minute last year and wasn't clear on the instructions, so maybe the self promotion discount was figured into the price without showing as a separate discount? Whatever the case, the price was the same on both sets of cards I ordered last year, so if I did get lucky, I got lucky twice in a row.

Also, is anyone else having issues with the discount code getting rejected? It looks like maybe they limited it to one per customer this year?

It's also possible you didn't print on the same type of paper, or something like that. I remember some cards in my collection that were on very flimsy paper instead of the heavy stock suggested in the instructions. Either way, the $38-40 is right in line with what I paid last year, with the discount. Did your cards last year have the jakprints tagline and whatnot on them? If so that may account for the difference. They had told us that the additional $10 discount wouldn't combine with the PAX code, but maybe it did.

Working on cards in Google Hangout tonight. Let me know if you have any questions or would like help with your card and I will get you into the hangout.

• WinyderWinyder Registered User regular
    Cards ordered! Let the rampant heroism begin!

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    so, as much as it pains me to say it, it looks like i won't be making a new set of cards this year. i'm doing a few things this year i didn't do last year and now that it's getting down to crunch time and all the costs are starting to add up, i just don't think i can do the cards as well. i'll be bringing along my cards from last year since i have so many, but the new number i was assigned for this year can now be liberated. -sadface-

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    tvethiopia wrote:
    so, as much as it pains me to say it, it looks like i won't be making a new set of cards this year. i'm doing a few things this year i didn't do last year and now that it's getting down to crunch time and all the costs are starting to add up, i just don't think i can do the cards as well. i'll be bringing along my cards from last year since i have so many, but the new number i was assigned for this year can now be liberated. -sadface-

Your number is now up for grabs, let me know if you need anything else! If you have cards from last year I hope you'll make it to the meetups. :)

tvethiopia wrote: »
    so, as much as it pains me to say it, it looks like i won't be making a new set of cards[..] the new number i was assigned for this year can now be liberated. -sadface-
    That's too bad, sorry to hear that...
    did you have a single-digit number? -- may I take it?

• itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »

Bummer, I was looking forward to helping you out again this year! Either way, have fun this year!

signature.png
  • LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    Cards ordered. Thanks again for the help, Dave!

My card comes with a (hopefully) awesome bonus for those who collect it.

East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Oohh yay. Surprise bonuses!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Spook216Spook216 Registered User new member
    mrs spook and i would like to reserve numbers for cards please.

Spook216 wrote: »
    mrs spook and i would like to reserve numbers for cards please.

45 is yours and Mrs. Spook is 46

edited February 2012
    Could I have the newly-available 8 (in exchange for the currently held 31), thanks!

rascal on
  • Reverend SnideReverend Snide Registered User regular
    Can I be That Guy and have #747?

Alternate long-distance aviation nerd request: #380. :)

Have miles, will travel | Twitter | XBL: Reverend Snide | Wii U/PSN: ReverendSnide
  • DreadPirateAmyDreadPirateAmy Registered User regular
    I'm totally late to the party, and someone took my old number, so I'm in need of a new one. Thanks!

rascal wrote:
    Could I have the newly-available 8 (in exchange for the currently held 31), thanks!

8 is now yours, and as a reminder, A-Team is number 30. 31 is now up for grabs.
    Can I be That Guy and have #747?

Alternate long-distance aviation nerd request: #380. :)

747 is yours!
    I'm totally late to the party, and someone took my old number, so I'm in need of a new one. Thanks!

You've got 34!

This discussion has been closed.